Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Neo_Crimson posted:

I don't like Plague's DB videos either, but wishing them gone via Youtube's incredibly broken copyright strike system is really, really, petty.

Yeah it's kinda why it was a goof...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Tae posted:

Congrats to Pat for being down 17 pounds and Woolie 30 pounds. Big buff men indeed.

Jesus, that's a lot of weight to shift that quick.

I suppose when you're drinking all that soda etc, it just falls off when you stop.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Jesus, that's a lot of weight to shift that quick.

I suppose when you're drinking all that soda etc, it just falls off when you stop.

Pat was getting into obese territory, and never worked out ever. People like that burn pounds very quickly through the magic of beginner gains.

When I was losing weight, the first 15 pounds were easy, but the last 5 were Hell.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Pat's a really short guy, right? Like, 5'2" or 5'4" or something? If he's 250+, on that frame it'll probably show a lot faster than on a taller person. I really hope he keeps it up, that monster hunter stream he did, he looked amazing compared to what he's looked like in the past(barring the botched beard trimming). I don't know if I can quite handle the idea of a ripped pat, though. If he gets as swole as woolie has as of late, they might need to rename to the Super Buff Friends.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Captain Invictus posted:

Pat's a really short guy, right? Like, 5'2" or 5'4" or something? If he's 250+, on that frame it'll probably show a lot faster than on a taller person. I really hope he keeps it up, that monster hunter stream he did, he looked amazing compared to what he's looked like in the past(barring the botched beard trimming). I don't know if I can quite handle the idea of a ripped pat, though. If he gets as swole as woolie has as of late, they might need to rename to the Super Buff Friends.

I kinda love the idea of the Super Pillar Friends

But Mars (Kaatt?) is just slouching and pouting.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Captain Invictus posted:

Gotta get Matt involved. I wonder if he'll go on another crazy diet like he did prior to his marriage. He was basically following a diet that bodybuilders do when they get ready for shows.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

If you're craving for more Pat and Paige content, Pat is currently streaming DBFZ and she's there
https://www.twitch.tv/angriestpat

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

I don't know if I can quite handle the idea of a ripped pat, though.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

What's this p5 stuff they're talking about in Kotor

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Neo_Crimson posted:

Pat was getting into obese territory, and never worked out ever. People like that burn pounds very quickly through the magic of beginner gains.

When I was losing weight, the first 15 pounds were easy, but the last 5 were Hell.

Yeah. Whether you're trying to lose weight or bulk up, there first month or two of results come shockingly quickly when you've just started working out, and then you plateau hard and have to fight for every new pound.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Kotor is now officially worth it if just for Pat tricking Woolie into saying "You can't have Olympics unless you discriminate by race"

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

nerdman42 posted:

Kotor is now officially worth it if just for Pat tricking Woolie into saying "You can't have Olympics unless you discriminate by race"

timestamp plz

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Al-Saqr posted:

timestamp plz

Lead in begins here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=of_ulda6RXM&t=747s

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Those sons of bitches

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
Pats been streaming for 8 hours straight, but has just WUSSED OUT by stating his original plan to stream all weekend is done.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
As trite as it is to call something posers nowadays, all of these DBZ fisticuffs very much give that impression to me wrt to the boys and DBZ.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
What even is a DBZ poser? They're just fans.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's what happens when DBZ is very rarely discussed or shown on the channel and then all of a sudden arcsys makes a video game about it and then Woolie is now a mega fan, sorta like the joke I made about Woolie and Monhun a few days ago.

Also, idk what these selection of games are for Woolie, it feels like he asked someone "What are the good DBZ games" and they gave him troll answers of Ultimate Battle 22 and GT Final Bout. Infinite World was also a weird pick. Super DBZ's alright, but it's not an amazing game to watch without some competency behind it.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Jan 27, 2018

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Woolie not knowing that the movies aren't canon was pretty funny.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

there is no such thing as a dbz poser, just like there is no such thing as Real dbz. it is all fake space wrestling cartoons that you watch for fun. capital C Canon in dbz can barely even be considered a thing in that even the Canon poo poo constantly retcons and ignores itself whenever it's convenient or more or less on a whim. who cares

if somebody considers themself a dbz fan because they really love THE DEAD ZONE they're still a dbz fan

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
arale is a canon reoccurring character all the way into super.....theres no canon.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Captain Baal posted:

It's what happens when DBZ is very rarely discussed or shown on the channel and then all of a sudden arcsys makes a video game about it and then Woolie is now a mega fan, sorta like the joke I made about Woolie and Monhun a few days ago.

Also, idk what these selection of games are for Woolie, it feels like he asked someone "What are the good DBZ games" and they gave him troll answers of Ultimate Battle 22 and GT Final Bout. Infinite World was also a weird pick. Super DBZ's alright, but it's not an amazing game to watch without some competency behind it.

He knows those games suck, they're only labeled Fisticuffs because they were too lazy to make two intros.

"This game looks boring when the players don't know what they're doing" is, like, every Fisticuffs they've ever done - the excuse they give is "if we try too hard then the commentary suffers" but there are plenty of videos with bad play and bad commentary and usually some emulation issue because they don't put in the slightest bit of effort..

It's not as if they haven't talked about or discussed DBZ before now; they all sincerely liked it at some point and them not actually knowing or remembering anything about it doesn't expose them as posers because that's true of pretty much everything they like.

I do think Woolie is making a sincere shot at transitioning into doing whatever the gently caress it is that Max does and this is the best shot he'll ever get.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

He knows those games suck, they're only labeled Fisticuffs because they were too lazy to make two intros.

"This game looks boring when the players don't know what they're doing" is, like, every Fisticuffs they've ever done - the excuse they give is "if we try too hard then the commentary suffers" but there are plenty of videos with bad play and bad commentary and usually some emulation issue because they don't put in the slightest bit of effort..

It's not as if they haven't talked about or discussed DBZ before now; they all sincerely liked it at some point and them not actually knowing or remembering anything about it doesn't expose them as posers because that's true of pretty much everything they like.

I do think Woolie is making a sincere shot at transitioning into doing whatever the gently caress it is that Max does and this is the best shot he'll ever get.

Fair enough on all points, as I said my statement was rather trite and petty and I wasn't really dedicated to holding it. Just a random comment I was making.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

scary ghost dog posted:

arale is a canon reoccurring character all the way into super.....theres no canon.

The movies are bad tho

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Improbable Lobster posted:

The movies are bad tho

BotG is arguably the best thing with the DB name on it

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Captain Baal posted:

Fair enough on all points, as I said my statement was rather trite and petty and I wasn't really dedicated to holding it. Just a random comment I was making.

It's cool, I was thinking about the same things as you posted that so I was kinda just thinking aloud, not trying to shut you down or anything.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Rodyle posted:

BotG is arguably the best thing with the DB name on it

Okay, 1 of like 12 is good

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

World's Strongest was entertaining.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

My only complaint about their Dragon Ball talk is when they poo poo on Super despite none of them watching it and most of what they hear about it comes from Plauge.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Rhonne posted:

My only complaint about their Dragon Ball talk is when they poo poo on Super despite none of them watching it and most of what they hear about it comes from Plauge.

TBF you can blame Plague for having bad, extremely loud opinions.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

They would all have shat their pants in joy for super saiyan god super saiyan kaio ken times ten.

https://twitter.com/PeachSaliva/status/957281722252562432

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jan 27, 2018

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Improbable Lobster posted:

TBF you can blame Plague for having bad, extremely loud opinions.

His opinions aren't ALL bad. He DOES like Tien. :v:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

TaurusOxford posted:

His opinions aren't ALL bad. He DOES like Tien. :v:

liking Tien is a bad opinion

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Andrast posted:

I think he likes the IDEA of Tien, or thinks Tien could be really cool if the writers didn't hate him. Which isn't too unreasonable, he has a good character design and a couple cool techniques. He just needs a personality that's more than nothing.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Andrast posted:

That's a funny way of saying Android 20.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

That's a funny way of saying Android 20.

who the gently caress likes Gero

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Andrast posted:

who the gently caress likes Gero

Hero's okay, it's 19 that's trash

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

loving no one likes 19 or 20.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

i wish dbz didn't make the human characters completely useless. their only part of the plot was to job except for krillin, who still jobbed hardcore but was at least involved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

hoobajoo posted:

loving no one likes 19 or 20.

I like 19 insofar as Vegeta absolutely jobbing him out is one of the best moments.