Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Rirse posted:

Figma has the Portal 2 license? Maybe they can finish the last few TF2 members that never got a release. That or I just get Tracer and have her take Scout spot.

Yeah, they also have Nendoroids of Atlas and P-Body, but nothing in regards to TF2.

Endless Mike posted:

One day a company will come along and get the Valve/TF2 license and make the full set of TF2 characters.

And that company will be McFarlane as the monkey's paw closes a finger.

NECA seemingly has the license again and they showed off the remainder of the figures that never released during one of the Toy Fairs, but there's been no other word on those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
So who is going to NY Toy Fair this year and wants to hang out and talk about our dolls? :shepface:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

10 Beers posted:

Are there any poseable figures from The Witcher?

I've seen 2 different Gerald figures in sixth scale coming up. Not official releases though. One was incredibly expensive, one was a decent price but the headsculpt looked a bit odd.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That expensive one was like a 50 piece project and had a bunch of people involved making each little detail.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Fuzz posted:

So who is going to NY Toy Fair this year and wants to hang out and talk about our dolls? :shepface:

I'll be there, look for the dude wearing a Backstreet Boys - Back in Blue Tour t-shirt.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

I'll be there, look for the dude wearing a Backstreet Boys - Back in Blue Tour t-shirt.

Alright!

I hope you finally get your soul food this time.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

That expensive one was like a 50 piece project and had a bunch of people involved making each little detail.

Yea, it had some stunning detail work, but the end cost was something like 800 bucks or so.

The cheaper one, well, doesn't look as good, obviously, but the head sculpt looks pretty goofy as well.

I've seen something like, 3? diff versions of the daughter, they all look relatively decent.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

One of the Ciris (called "Lady Sorceress" I think?) is by many of the same people but at a more mass producible price.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
https://qmxonline.com/products/dean-winchester-1-6-scale-articulated-figure

Finally seeing the supernatural figures getting a release. Dean's first, rest of em later.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

That looks pretty janky. I'm sure teenage girls everywhere are ecstatic that they can take off the cloth goods. Maybe the female version of that creepy gently caress that made a video where he talks to his Phicen Rey figure will make a version with Dean dong. :dong:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

QMX stuff usually only seems to work from one angle.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm honestly surprised they didn't request a laser scan of him since they licensed his likeness.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
So, dunno if this was posted already, but Walmart is clearencing out a bunch of the Marvel Legends waves for $5 each. I got the entire Toy Biz throwback wave for $30.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Looks like the Deadpool Legends wave was found in the Philippines. Cable and Deathlok look outstanding, everybody else just looks okay.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Are we reaching maximum Deadpool saturation soon? Marvel Legends seem to have done him about 20 times in the last, oh, 2 years? And that’s the second Cable in a year?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

The_Doctor posted:

Are we reaching maximum Deadpool saturation soon? Marvel Legends seem to have done him about 20 times in the last, oh, 2 years? And that’s the second Cable in a year?

Considering this wave has 90's Deadpool doublepacked and there's also an X-Force repaint of the Juggernaut wave Deapool, AND that the rumored second wave of Deadpool includes Lady Deadpool and two unannounced Deadpool figures, i'm going with absolutely.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I have all the ‘pools I need. Especially after they astounding Mezco one.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
For those interested, X-Men Legends Apocalypse wave DCPI numbers:

https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker/

Target Apocalypse Wave:
Storm: 087-06-7049
Gladiator: 087-06-7052
Sabretooth: 087-06-7048
Magneto: 087-06-7047
Psylocke: 087-06-7051
Multiple Man: 087-06-7050

Don't see Wolverine yet but the separate DCPIs do show up, should make it easier to track them down.

e: v - no, should hit everywhere the prior waves did.

Louisgod fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jan 26, 2018

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Aw gently caress is that a Target exclusive?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Just show me where to order a full crate of Spidey and X-Men. List of figures I'm going to sell off after will be forthcoming.

Lencho
Mar 16, 2012

Just got this bad boy earlier today:

Regular Mezco Superman looks really weird, so I didn't expect this one to look so frickin' good. My only real complain it's the lack of an alternate head sculpt, but it is absolutely worth it anyway.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Looks like the Deadpool Legends wave is hitting some TRUs in California and Arizona today so keep an eye out. I’ll gladly pay back anybody that’s willing to grab Cable and Domino for me.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Whatever happened to NECA's year end exclusive for their Alien Club? Seems like that thing died.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

It's this wet fart.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
That is pretty lame indeed. Also surprised there was no NECA DC figure last year. Then again I bet DC probably backed out of doing figures with them, since wasn't there suppose to been a Batman vs Alien Joker shortly after the Superman vs Ali set that just warming pegs at work?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Someone at Mattel cared again, and since they have the master DC license at that scale they put the boot down.

NECA got too close to the sun and got way cocky about what they were doing with DC 7" stuff.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

Someone at Mattel cared again, and since they have the master DC license at that scale they put the boot down.

NECA got too close to the sun and got way cocky about what they were doing with DC 7" stuff.

Shame since the Mattel DC stuff sucks bad right now.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Rirse posted:

That is pretty lame indeed. Also surprised there was no NECA DC figure last year. Then again I bet DC probably backed out of doing figures with them, since wasn't there suppose to been a Batman vs Alien Joker shortly after the Superman vs Ali set that just warming pegs at work?

Mattel saw money to be made, told NECA to gently caress off, and instead just released their own 7” $30 specialty figures. The 90s Flash and Kilmer Batman were just released and Flash is just ok but Kilmer looks like hot loving trash, especially when you compare them to the prior NECA figures.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Rirse posted:

Shame since the Mattel DC stuff sucks bad right now.

Mattel everything sucks bad.

They're a garbage company that doesn't want to actually embrace the collector market and would rather keep shooting out really bad kids' toys.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

God that's loving awful, welp, glad I didn't spend on a bunch of a figures I was going to sell anyway just to get it (and probably sell it). Though I'm curious how much this thing will fetch on eBay.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The thing is, if they did like, a drake or Gorman a lot of fans would lose their poo poo but if they did a quick repaint or something, people would also lose their poo poo.

Tbh they couldn’t win. Like there is not one character in the alien universe I wouldn’t consider buying. Like not even the guys who found Ripley in cryo. I’d buy the poo poo outta those guys.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Louisgod posted:

Mattel saw money to be made, told NECA to gently caress off, and instead just released their own 7” $30 specialty figures. The 90s Flash and Kilmer Batman were just released and Flash is just ok but Kilmer looks like hot loving trash, especially when you compare them to the prior NECA figures.

I mean, as long as it’s a humanoid shape it can’t be that much worse than the Neca one.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I think it's cool that they did a tribute to Aliens fan #1, Prince. RIP

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

CelticPredator posted:

The thing is, if they did like, a drake or Gorman a lot of fans would lose their poo poo but if they did a quick repaint or something, people would also lose their poo poo.

Tbh they couldn’t win. Like there is not one character in the alien universe I wouldn’t consider buying. Like not even the guys who found Ripley in cryo. I’d buy the poo poo outta those guys.

Yeah, it's a damned if you do type situation, though I was expecting it to be something cooler than that, some modified Power Loader or really strange rear end Alien from the comics or something. I'm sure there's tons of that stuff they could have used but I doubt they'd ever do a mold of a one-off figure like that. Oh well.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

They shouldn’t have done the Alien Club to begin with. It was upper management trying to find a way to squeeze a little more money out of their most popular line.

I did try to do the Alien club, but couldn’t be bothered to buy series 12 which was basically all repackaged stuff.

Also Mattel sucks in general but their recent build a figures are real good.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Lady Deadpool, Omega Red and X-Men Deadpool Legends confirmed:

http://marvelousnews.com/news.php?itemid=22684

Omega Red looks stellar.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

God Omega Red is such a 90s-rear end design. Doesn't help that he was created like literally as the Soviet Union was dying. Looks good though.

And I'm not getting excited for any X-Men Deadpool until they make one in Jean Grey's dress.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
TWO Deadpool waves this year? Are they having a laugh?

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart
I swear, every time before they announce the next wave, I'll have been thinking "I think I'm finally done collecting Marvel Legends," and then they'll announce a wave that contains a character that keeps me coming back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

gently caress me that Omega Red looks amazing.

Guess they're going whole ham on Weapon X, maybe we can hope for a new training helmet Logan and a Silver Sable? Here's hoping!