Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Barry married his sister.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Nooooooooooooooooo

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Aphrodite posted:

Thea has only known Lance for like 2 years.

On the other hand jfc a lot has gone down in those 2 years and it causes people to develop a friendship with allies real quick.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

muscles like this! posted:

Nooooooooooooooooo
        \

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I've completely forgotten what happened to Cayden James's son.
e: oh, okay, that was it.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

"Ben Gale" is a combination of Ben Linus and Henry Gale, two characters Michael Emerson played on LOST.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Why did he kick the door open? They have handles.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Is it wrong my interest in the show is starting to taper off? I'm tired of Life Shits on Ollie's Head and He Pushes Everyone Away part the fortieth billion. Last season really made strides away from that, and now we're back there. :sigh:

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Klungar posted:

"Ben Gale" is a combination of Ben Linus and Henry Gale, two characters Michael Emerson played on LOST.

lol I knew that name sounded extremely LOST, I'd forgotten who Henry Gale was though.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Add electricity to the things Arrow writers don't understand.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

GobiasIndustries posted:

lol I knew that name sounded extremely LOST, I'd forgotten who Henry Gale was though.

Unfortunately my tv was not high enough definition to determine if the offshore account number was 4815162342 like I very much wanted it to be

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
oh my god william is an adorable preteen badass :allears:

I'm really glad they're putting this dumb angle to rest and we can get back to arrowin'. Also the Not Outsiders worked pretty well with Team Arrow. Maybe this season won't be so bad after all? :shobon:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

nooneofconsequence posted:

Why did he kick the door open? They have handles.

And they're built to kick the windows out too, in case the bus rolls or the handle is otherwise incapacitated. I must admit I have zero knowledge about how well the door latch holds up to kicking.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
That bus scene was just loving awful. Oh no, 5 feet of crap is blocking me from safety!

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Chokes McGee posted:

Is it wrong my interest in the show is starting to taper off? I'm tired of Life Shits on Ollie's Head and He Pushes Everyone Away part the fortieth billion. Last season really made strides away from that, and now we're back there. :sigh:

That's completely fair. I honestly think Arrow needs to end and rebrand at this point or otherwise shift away a bit from Ollie as the focus.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I'm actually kind of liking this season but it's becoming increasingly hard for me to buy how uninvolved the outside world is in these affairs. Like okay, I can maaayyybe understand why they wouldn't take action back when Slade was attacking the city since that came out of nowhere, or even when Dahrk was in the "assholes commit random acts of violence" phase of his plan. But seriously, the mayor of a large city just announced that it is being targeted by a domestic terrorist and they even have his name*. Like holy poo poo, the FBI and Homeland Security should be blowing up his phone and offering aid and sending troops and blah blah etc. Those safe zones shouldn't just be covered by cops and five vigilantes (plus one Vigilante :v:), they should have the loving National Guard out there. And of course the elephant in the room on any episode of Arrow, or at least the big city-threatening ones, is always ARGUS**. Ever since Diggle and Lyla got back together and especially since Lyla took over as the head of ARGUS, they should be stepping in every time a threat escalates in the city, especially since they're apparently headquartered there (or they're at least close enough to where Lyla can commute to work). Maybe Cayden James is the best hacker in the history of ever, and he can't be tracked, but Anatoly and all the other random goon squads that have been attacking should have been gunned down a while back.

*Of course the real problem is Oliver, who by this point should really have tracked down Agent Watson and just fessed up "Hey yes I'm the Green Arrow now please let's cut the poo poo and save my city?"

**Of course the real elephant in the room is the Flash, where they currently have three (four if you can get Barry to phase his mopey rear end out of jail) superheroes who could really help just sitting around, but years of watching/reading Batman have taught me to stop questioning why Superman/actual superheroes don't save the day in Gotham when poo poo really hits the fan, because the answer is always "because shut up that's why". So it doesn't count.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Who would even want to live in Star City anymore? Every year there is some new poo poo that ruins it.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Who would even want to live in Star City anymore? Every year there is some new poo poo that ruins it.

I've come to accept it as the Gotham City/Marvel NYC rule where either the populace is really stupid or maybe life is just super great on non-attack days.

e: I like to imagine on their morning commute people listen to news about supervillain attacks on commercial breaks. Like the local zoo crew throws it over to superfight watch instead of the weather to tell you which roads are closed because they're blown up.

e2: Oh my god that's why people live there, there must be a ridiculous amount of job opportunities in Star City what with all the explosions. Sure the mortality rate on workers in the abandoned warehouse district might be a little high but man, someone has to clean up all the explosive arrow tips and/or dead mook bodies lying around after these fights. Star City is solving America's unemployment problem one villain at a time! :911:

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Jan 27, 2018

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
Just imagine the casual conversations. "Sorry honey, the Flash, Arrow, some flying chick and a bunch of other people in suits were fighting a bunch of Nazis on my commute, traffic was hosed. Anyway are we doing Hello Fresh tonight?"

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Actually, I've seen some Batman comics that kinda address that, in that people who live in Gotham think of themselves as tough as nails to live in a city with so much crime and catastrophe. If you can make it in Gotham, you can make it anywhere, sort of thing. Occasionally they'll rise up to fight a supervillain's army or something after they get pumped up by one of the protagonists.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

The whole "Star City is a terrible place to live" was a pretty major plot point a season or two ago, and a big part of why Ollie ran for mayor in the first place. And besides, it has nothing on Central City in terms of potential for random catastrophic danger.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
Insurance in the arrowverse must be hellish.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, Star City goes through hell but at least it's usually something the citizens can probably wrap their minds around. Terrorists and violent gangs jacked up on super steroids. Maybe one magic dude but he still got taken down by an arrow and a mob of tough citizens.

Central City has gorilla armies and giant time twisters and an army of super villains. That shits horrific. You might get shot or blown up or even electrocuted in Star City but at least you ain't getting cut in half by a cyborg samurai or eaten by a shark man.

I'm enjoying this season but im a little iffy on the direction of all this. The fact that they brought up Diggle not being super happy about being demoted back to Spartan seems like it should mean something. No one is super happy about the way Ollie is running things. I don't want him gone or out of the costume but it does seem like something has to change to bring the Not Outsiders and unhappy Spartan to a better place with Oliver. I'm not sure what that is.

Maybe he'll big a big circle table with all their logos on the chairs. And put it in that fancy big building they used in the Dominator crossover and then never visited again.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
Felicity.....DEFUSED melodrama and pointless character conflict instead of contributing to it? What world am I living in?

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Things seem to be escalating an awful lot considering how early in the season it is. I find myself wondering if Caden James is only the miniboss.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

The Lord Bude posted:

Things seem to be escalating an awful lot considering how early in the season it is. I find myself wondering if Caden James is only the miniboss.

Wasn't Ivan Drago Dolph Lundgren still alive at the end of last season's flashback plot? There's no way he's not coming back.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

TwoPair posted:

Wasn't Ivan Drago Dolph Lundgren still alive at the end of last season's flashback plot? There's no way he's not coming back.

Didn't Oliver kill him before he left the Island.

Also, they should of just stuck to their guns and kept Dig as GA with Oliver pinch hitting occasionally.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I think it's kind of odd Oliver didn't just tell Cayden James that he wasn't in town before he found the evidence. Yeah he probably wouldn't believe it at first but he should at least have planted the seed.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

TwoPair posted:

I'm actually kind of liking this season but it's becoming increasingly hard for me to buy how uninvolved the outside world is in these affairs. Like okay, I can maaayyybe understand why they wouldn't take action back when Slade was attacking the city since that came out of nowhere, or even when Dahrk was in the "assholes commit random acts of violence" phase of his plan. But seriously, the mayor of a large city just announced that it is being targeted by a domestic terrorist and they even have his name*. Like holy poo poo, the FBI and Homeland Security should be blowing up his phone and offering aid and sending troops and blah blah etc. Those safe zones shouldn't just be covered by cops and five vigilantes (plus one Vigilante :v:), they should have the loving National Guard out there. And of course the elephant in the room on any episode of Arrow, or at least the big city-threatening ones, is always ARGUS**. Ever since Diggle and Lyla got back together and especially since Lyla took over as the head of ARGUS, they should be stepping in every time a threat escalates in the city, especially since they're apparently headquartered there (or they're at least close enough to where Lyla can commute to work). Maybe Cayden James is the best hacker in the history of ever, and he can't be tracked, but Anatoly and all the other random goon squads that have been attacking should have been gunned down a while back.

*Of course the real problem is Oliver, who by this point should really have tracked down Agent Watson and just fessed up "Hey yes I'm the Green Arrow now please let's cut the poo poo and save my city?"

**Of course the real elephant in the room is the Flash, where they currently have three (four if you can get Barry to phase his mopey rear end out of jail) superheroes who could really help just sitting around, but years of watching/reading Batman have taught me to stop questioning why Superman/actual superheroes don't save the day in Gotham when poo poo really hits the fan, because the answer is always "because shut up that's why". So it doesn't count.

Yeah, I wanted to mention this.

They want to keep things among the story's small amount of main characters but keep escalating and raising the stakes to where it kinda makes no sense that nobody else seems to care.

It's like "Maximum Carnage" where a murderous super villain is just slaughtering people all over Manhattan in broad daylight and they don't even mention The Avengers, The Fantastic Four, SHIELD or any of the 200+ people and agencies that would have a problem with what is going on. The city gets destroyed and people are brutally murdered everywhere while Spiderman and his team spend like more than a week skirmishing with them and occasionally bringing in just enough people to even the odds with Carnage. Shriek had some kind of mood altering gimmick and caused massive riots with hundreds of people fighting in the streets and destroying everything, for days at a time, and just Spiderman and one or two of his team show up to deal with it.

Cayden James apparently has killed dozens of people while constantly trying to kill more. He is sending armed military groups to slaughter innocent civilians while killing government officials. Argus is headquartered in Star City for fucks sake.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
None of this would have happened if Amanda Waller was still alive.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

bentacos posted:

None of this would have happened if Amanda Waller was still alive.

I'm still totally expecting her to come back with an eye patch.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Xelkelvos posted:

That's completely fair. I honestly think Arrow needs to end and rebrand at this point or otherwise shift away a bit from Ollie as the focus.

Well, the thing is, every episode looks like it's going to backslide into its previous habits. Then by the end everyone is all "ok we cool", kind of, and it steps back from the ledge.

If you told me at the mid season hiatus I'd actually like the Not Outsiders a whole lot I would've thought you were insane.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

VictorianQueerLit posted:

Yeah, I wanted to mention this.

They want to keep things among the story's small amount of main characters but keep escalating and raising the stakes to where it kinda makes no sense that nobody else seems to care.

It's like "Maximum Carnage" where a murderous super villain is just slaughtering people all over Manhattan in broad daylight and they don't even mention The Avengers, The Fantastic Four, SHIELD or any of the 200+ people and agencies that would have a problem with what is going on. The city gets destroyed and people are brutally murdered everywhere while Spiderman and his team spend like more than a week skirmishing with them and occasionally bringing in just enough people to even the odds with Carnage. Shriek had some kind of mood altering gimmick and caused massive riots with hundreds of people fighting in the streets and destroying everything, for days at a time, and just Spiderman and one or two of his team show up to deal with it.

Cayden James apparently has killed dozens of people while constantly trying to kill more. He is sending armed military groups to slaughter innocent civilians while killing government officials. Argus is headquartered in Star City for fucks sake.

At least with Star City, it seems like there is such rampant corruption (especially in the early seasons) that it is A) Rather normal for Star City and B) only recently have they had people who want to change the city for the better for everyone. Which is kinda how old mill cities are or have been. And at least they don't go with the Gotham City option of corruption and apparently built on an ancient burial ground so it will always be corrupt. Contrast that to Central City which seems fairly well run, with minimal corruption, people mostly feel comfortable except for the occasional "natural" disaster but the death rate seems lower.

Also, I like to think that ARGUS has to deal with so much international bullshit that they can't deal with local stuff.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

bbf2 posted:

Felicity.....DEFUSED melodrama and pointless character conflict instead of contributing to it? What world am I living in?

She's basically a single mother now. Ain't got time for melodrama.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
The Outsider Cave is an old Helix base, right? Isn't Cayden James the former Helix leader? Is using his computers a Good Idea?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

GigaPeon posted:

The Outsider Cave is an old Helix base, right? Isn't Cayden James the former Helix leader? Is using his computers a Good Idea?

They ran Norton 360 on everything, they’re fine. It’s fine. They’re totally fine. Totally just really fine. Really.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

GigaPeon posted:

I'm sure Curtis swept it for bugs as rigorously as he did the Arrow Cave.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

J33uk posted:

Just imagine the casual conversations. "Sorry honey, the Flash, Arrow, some flying chick and a bunch of other people in suits were fighting a bunch of Nazis on my commute, traffic was hosed. Anyway are we doing Hello Fresh tonight?"

Powerless already did this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEvZ29d_trg

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Is it me or is Alan Tudyk a kiss of death whenever he shows up on a TV show. I have nothing against the guy, but it's uncanny...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

Is it me or is Alan Tudyk a kiss of death whenever he shows up on a TV show. I have nothing against the guy, but it's uncanny...

The same could be said of Summer Glau, yet Arrow survived her...