Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Nyast posted:

They're hosed. Ortwin can say whatever he wants, the game isn't in development, it's a public release. It's written black & white in the GLA, section 1.5:

So, lol.

I look forward to them trying to reconcile this with their very public claims about a million bajillion citizens. Actually, it's more like I look forward to reddit reacting to their reaction to this.

e:

Beet Wagon fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jan 27, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS6FpCpt5m4&t=320s

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

megane posted:

It's 2018; nobody reacts this way to anything any more. There is literally nothing that could possibly happen in this case that would change a single backer's mind about anything. Chris Roberts could get on the stand and swear under oath that he stole all the money and bought designer drugs with it, and the backers would just sit in stunned silence for 5 seconds and then come up with a reason why, no, this doesn't count, and also actually is good for Star Citizen, and then they'll pledge another 50 million dollars to make up the shortfall.
Nah we all know the cultists won't be dissuaded from their sense of righteousness in the project, we're all here to see what mental contortions they'll put themselves into. Obvious Ortwin was right and the judge is incompetent and probably cucks a beta male at home. The judicial system is a farce and this needs to be appealed straight to the Supreme Court or to the force of our arms. Etc., so forth.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

SelenicMartian posted:

Alpha is non-beta, right?

But it's in pre-alpha, which is a non-alpha.
That means it's a non-non-beta, so it's right back at beta!

What fools they were to ever try to squirrel out of development by employing that word. :eng99:

Lastdancer posted:

Im out of the loop on the latin stuff can someone fill me in

Rule #1: if you think a plural will end in -ii, it won't.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

At this point Ortwinn knows as good as everyone here how hosed they are. Everything they write is an appeal to the masses, to get as much money as possible from the backers, paying for the next round of boni for the execs before the court slam dunks CIG into the dirt and the dream ends.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Nyast posted:

They're hosed. Ortwin can say whatever he wants, the game isn't in development, it's a public release. It's written black & white in the GLA, section 1.5:

So, lol.

Game is released, no refunds.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Reading some Reddit comments from citizens reminded me of a pretty classic experience I had with this type of person.

I met this guy who told me he had been spending months designing a game. It was gonna be like Oblivion (this was before Skyrim had come out I think) but way more detailed, skill-based, other jargon (think "fidelity"), etc., i.e. the most Perfect Open World Sandbox Game Ever. He was super into the idea that every single action would be based on and/or influenced by your stats. So, for instance, a character with high Strength would probably open doors faster or something dumb like that.

He finally showed me the stuff he had actually written, and.... it was just pages and pages of lists of actions and the stats you'd need in order to do them. Like, your character can do a Cartwheel! It'll require 10 Strength and 12 Dexterity! There was nothing about what a cartwheel would do, why you'd want to do it, or anything like that. Nothing about what your goals in the game would be. Just hundreds of random actions and some made up numbers next to them. In his mind, this was the real meat of designing an epic game. It just needed some graphics and stuff slapped on.

Like with shitizens, I couldn't deny he had clearly enjoyed his time "designing" that game. I'm just glad he wasn't paying anyone to enable his fantasy.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
Last ditch and desperate effort there by CIG to reassure backers that Crytek are evil, just like Derek is evil, publishers are evil, game journos are evil, refunders are evil, goons are evil.

Also - now that $10k is the new price of entry for TRUE believers that means that anyone with only a few grand in has neither status nor standing within the cult. They aren't buying ships, they are paying for STATUS.

Hey, imagine how dumb Ortwin will look if CIG settle now? They believe they have a case, yet it falls apart just like Chris's VR excuses under scrutiny.

It's going to space court, I've said that from the beginning.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Scruffpuff posted:

The judge is one of those :females:.

Don’t worry. Her father was a NASA aerospace engineer and World War 2 veteran. Few judges could be better equipped to understand why both Star Citizen and Squadron 42 must not be sidelined.

If no Quid Pro Quo, Cry-Rekt! is Fait Accompli. Case dismissed!

I’m sure Montoya already is doing script work on his celebration of the dismissal, “Rekt-um!”

G0RF fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Jan 27, 2018

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

SomethingJones posted:

Also - now that $10k is the new price of entry for TRUE believers that means that anyone with only a few grand in has neither status nor standing within the cult. They aren't buying ships, they are paying for STATUS.

If you're talking about the Wing Commander title a friend passed along that they bumped it up to $15000. Though I haven't verified it myself due to crippling apathy.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Wasn't 2015 the year where they stapled a big "1.0" onto their site that tricked people (especially new ones) into thinking Arena Commander was part of a larger release at that time?

People lost their poo poo about it, and it was the begining of the version numbering arguments that have followed it ever since.

Curious.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

I'm wondering if some people are taking their legal strategy from Tom Cruise in A Few Good Men.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

his nibs posted:

I look forward to the mental gymnastics of Citizens when the judge denies CiG's case for dismissal and moves ahead with proceedings.

I mean, it's not some gaming site that can be so readily passed off as biased haters, etc.

This is like the courts, and the law, and some serious poo poo.

How do you explain that away?

1) Fake News
2) Deep State
3) Derek Smart
4) Goonz
5) FUD

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Quavers posted:

The Frontier forum lot are having fun poking through Ortwin's response

They've spotted that it doesn't stand up to scrutiny haven't they

Also lol at the bugfixes being sent on Jan 23rd 2018, something else that CIG probably had scheduled since 2016

They totally had an Idris flying around back then

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
I liked this part:

Ortwin's hand waving posted:

1.Crytek’s construction of the term “exclusively” leads to absurdities and contradicts the plain meaning of the GLA.

Pursuant to Section 2.1.2 of the GLA, Crytek grants CIG a license “to exclusively embed CryEngine in the Game and develop the Game which right shall be freely sub-licensable pursuant to Sec. 2.6.” GLA § 2.1.2. As demonstrated in Defendants’ opening memorandum, the word “exclusively” in this provision makes clear that the rights granted to CIG therein are exclusive to CIG — meaning that CIG, and only CIG, has the right to embed the Engine in the Game and to develop the Game. Under this construction, CIG agreed to pay Crytek a buyout license fee of €1.8 million for the right to use the Engine in the Game

wait, what? posted:

CIG, and only CIG, has the right to embed the Engine in the Game and to develop the Game

"The game" is Star Citizen and Squadron 42 right?

Doesn't a different company, RSI UK, develop Squadron 42 and gain generous UK tax rebates because of this? Are RSI UK liars and defrauding the UK government?

Doesn't another different company, Foundry 42, develop Squadron 42 and assist the development of Star Citizen? Are Foundry 42 liars?

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Dusty Lens posted:

If you're talking about the Wing Commander title a friend passed along that they bumped it up to $15000. Though I haven't verified it myself due to crippling apathy.

$15k, jesus

It's literally a title, literally status within a community. That's why guys like MoMA don't refund, they aren't interested in a game, only in their status.

Which is why as long as x devs are working on 'something' they don't care. The status stops and ends when development does. That's why the "400 staff" thing comes up a lot. That's all they have. It isn't even true.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

Quavers posted:

The Frontier forum lot are having fun poking through Ortwin's response

Maybe Ortwin thinks the judge can be defeated with a logical fallacy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuYbDP2kDfg

You say you aren't CIG and are RSI
But you say you aren't RSI and are CIG
You claim "exclusively" applies to only you
But you claim "exclusively" applies to everyone but you
You claim breaking your contract absolves you of responsibility......because....if your....contract.....is broken.....then you.....are.....under no contract....because it was broken....by you....but you aren't liable because....if the contract is broken.....there is no contract......that you broke......

ILLOGICAL. ILLOGICAL. PLEASE EXPLAIN. PLEASE EXPLAIN.
*Judge melts and Ortwin is victorious*

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Lastdancer posted:

Im out of the loop on the latin stuff can someone fill me in

https://twitter.com/TheRealGremlich/status/942112038574329858

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS6FpCpt5m4&t=849s
even i can tell what problem CR has with woman mocap data.

female skeleton.
-the pelvic bones are shorter and more rounded, and the surrounding bones (tailbone, remaining hip bones, etc.)
-also generally have shorter, thinner bones in the arms, legs and fingers.

both of those would affect the mocap data. You cant use female mocap data on male skeleton rig.

solutions:
-do 2 rigs. that would be easiest option. (more work)
-reduce rig fidelity less bones easier it is to rig.( less fidelity)
-ditch mocap data do things by hand. (more work)
- make model similar to each others by adding armor plating, etc... (this would make casual outfits almost impossible)

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Quavers posted:

Doesn't a different company, RSI UK, develop Squadron 42 and gain generous UK tax rebates because of this? Are RSI UK liars and defrauding the UK government?

Doesn't another different company, Foundry 42, develop Squadron 42 and assist the development of Star Citizen? Are Foundry 42 liars?
All companies are developing everything at all times except when it's illegal. This, I know to be true.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

SomethingJones posted:

Last ditch and desperate effort there by CIG to reassure backers that Crytek are evil, just like Derek is evil, publishers are evil, game journos are evil, refunders are evil, goons are evil.

Wuxi posted:

At this point Ortwinn knows as good as everyone here how hosed they are. Everything they write is an appeal to the masses, to get as much money as possible from the backers, paying for the next round of boni for the execs before the court slam dunks CIG into the dirt and the dream ends.

Also this is the only explanation.

The poo poo CIG is firing off at the court is so loving dumb that they have to be preaching to their customers. The lawsuit is just an extra medium for them to lie to the stupidest people on the planet. Look at all the backers cheering that CIG is defeating it's own arguments and claiming it can't be sued because it's contractual obligations no longer apply when they break their contract because there is no longer a contract to enforce.

Maybe Chris thinks they can secure that sweet half billion in sales from Squadron 42 if they can just make it a few more months so all they need to do is stall with some retarded grandstanding that makes no sense because the fools that fund them will eat it up no matter how stupid it makes them look in the future to a jury.

VictorianQueerLit fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jan 27, 2018

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Bingo!

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Wuxi posted:

Ortwin fluffing the crowd to maintain his hatebonus

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Beet Wagon posted:

I look forward to them trying to reconcile this with their very public claims about a million bajillion citizens. Actually, it's more like I look forward to reddit reacting to their reaction to this.

The player count doesn't matter so much as the July 1, 2015 thing. They hit "Initial release" as defined by their contract two and a half years ago.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Mirificus you worry me sometimes but I'm glad you're here

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Ayn Marx posted:

Mirificus you worry me sometimes but I'm glad you're here

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
If discovery isn't public I don't think I'm gonna make it. The shitizens have reached peak retard, and imo none of this poo poo is funny any more.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
I am live on the OpenHouse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKY_oxSTRek

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I hope LAPD check the id's of people queuing up before next Citizencon because there are bound to be outstanding warrants for contempt of court for some of those crazy motherfuckers

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

What do people think that it is that Crytek didn't do?

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...

SoftNum posted:

What do people think that it is that Crytek didn't do?

They are not in compliance with doughnut law.

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

All babies due, are due to me, exclusively.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

VictorianQueerLit posted:

Also this is the only explanation.

The poo poo CIG is firing off at the court is so loving dumb that they have to be preaching to their customers. The lawsuit is just an extra medium for them to lie to the stupidest people on the planet. Look at all the backers cheering that CIG is defeating it's own arguments and claiming it can't be sued because it's contractual obligations no longer apply when they break their contract because there is no longer a contract to enforce.

Maybe Chris thinks they can secure that sweet half billion in sales from Squadron 42 if they can just make it a few more months so all they need to do is stall with some retarded grandstanding that makes no sense because the fools that fund them will eat it up no matter how stupid it makes them look in the future to a jury.

I thought Squadron 42 was officially canceled?

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

Come out with your pants down!

Toops posted:

If discovery isn't public I don't think I'm gonna make it. The shitizens have reached peak retard, and imo none of this poo poo is funny any more.

You have stared too long into the abyss, friend. Take a break and come back later. Learn to laugh again <3

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

I said come in! posted:

I thought Squadron 42 was officially canceled?

lol no, we will have to wait until CIG files for bankruptcy for that

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Toops posted:

I bailed for about half a year or so and it certainly freshened things up enough to be fun again, especially when all this new noise started ramping up.

I'm in a similar boat of waiting to see what emerges from the burgeoning days of the actual court phase of this whole affair to see if it's not time to hit the fast forward button again.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.

Sillybones posted:

I may not be a lawyer, but, if this reply were taken as true, wouldn't that mean the contract is completely pointless as they are arguing the contract specifically says no-one can sue anyone if the contract isn't followed?

(I can easily have gotten confused. Sorry)

You are not confused. That is indeed what CIG are arguing.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Dusty Lens posted:

I bailed for about half a year or so and it certainly freshened things up enough to be fun again, especially when all this new noise started ramping up.

I'm in a similar boat of waiting to see what emerges from the burgeoning days of the actual court phase of this whole affair to see if it's not time to hit the fast forward button again.
Yeah, I basically do the same thing, most of last year I didn't pay much attention or mind to Star Citizen, bar a day around CitizenCon and since the lawsuit was filed. I'm just a horrible content locust, I know.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Jobbo_Fett posted:

The longer Star Citizen takes to release, the less Derek posts, because he's constantly searching his own lexicon of posts to see if he posted about calling it.

This is probably true. Eventually he will have to call posts where he called it that pointed to him calling it. He’s turning into an O(2^n) problem!

Somebody help him before cloud computing can’t save him!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/orion_drone/status/957353571414171650