Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
BDO is a game where you build a personal economic empire of paid NPCs to craft items for you and then you sell them on a fake auction house. Then you can grind enemies to level up infinitely and do some pretty standard kMMO PVP. Key words here: "personal", "fake", etc. It's a single player game unless you get ganked. It's a fun grindhouse (I prefer warframe for this tho) but it has pretty much nothing in common with lif.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expired Vitamin
Jul 3, 2017

I am still on newb island in this game. But the biggest difference from what I can tell so far is that in BDO you can't just leave a bag of dung anyplace you like. In Life is Feudal: MMO you totally can. I mean, I don't even think you can get dung in BDO.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Expired Vitamin posted:

I am still on newb island in this game. But the biggest difference from what I can tell so far is that in BDO you can't just leave a bag of dung anyplace you like. In Life is Feudal: MMO you totally can. I mean, I don't even think you can get dung in BDO.

Also, in LiF you can at least find your friends and static bases, etc

In BDO, enjoy playing channel roulette.

Expired Vitamin
Jul 3, 2017

Kimsemus posted:

Also, in LiF you can at least find your friends and static bases, etc

In BDO, enjoy playing channel roulette.

BDO provides almost no reason to interact with anyone. Channels are horrible.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
In lif you can find your friend at their static base and they will trespasser and attack you as a joke.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
why am I being flamed

Delamore
Jan 11, 2008

Monocle Man
some footage of me, the worst pvper in the game and my EU ping falling on my rear end.
https://my.mixtape.moe/qkscwm.mp4

Somehow our enemies are even worse than I am

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

In LIF you can use wicker baskets and various pieces of fine furniture to siege ladder into enemy bases.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Justin Tyme posted:

In LIF you can use wicker baskets and various pieces of fine furniture to siege ladder into enemy bases.

pretend I changed "it will never be enough" to "you just need a bit more"

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
Hyperion is building omaha beach in response to the new foothold on their shore.

The earthworks in the picture have trenches on the other side.

Delamore and I were down there and killed the guys digging trenches, and one had a backpack full of bear traps, so look out for those I guess.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Delamore posted:

Isn't BDO more like a theme park MMO? This is closer to wurmonline or something where you build up forts and fight each other with swords and bows.
Earlier today I was out with some random allies fighting a giant chinese base and after around 10 minutes of busting heads, 20+ guys in armor pushed across their land bridge to fight us and it was utter chaos because we only came with 6 players so it was 6 vs 20+ with more friendly fire on their side than damage on us, we lost one and the rest of us managed to retreat with 10-15 kills over the whole fight

Here's a shot of part of the enemy army, taken on the lowest possible settings because my PC is a poo poo heap

Thanks for the reponses all. Alright, sounds cool. Soooooooooooooooooooo

andromache posted:

1. Buy the game or convert your Life is Feudal: Your Own steam game over to the MMO.

Ends up I got LiFYO via the E3 2016 Digital Ticket Humble Bundle and already redeemed it June 2016. The MMO shows up in my library, so I set it to download overnight. I setup some account on the feudal website. Do I just link my account to my steam and I'm good? I didn't link anything yet because I want to make sure I'm not loving trapping myself or whatever.

Edit: Solved. Apparently the launcher has you link an e-mail to your MMO steam game the first time you launch, and then it gives you a ticket.

BeAuMaN fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jan 26, 2018

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013
Come watch me do what Muhammad could not and move that drat mountain.

Also now is a good time to join, you can slaughter Chinese hordes AND role-players in the same area.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Nearly up to 60 animal lore on my new alt so I can help replace all the warhorses I lose like a dingus in battle.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

come play this game it makes people who participated for 3 days a month ago send these walls of text

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

come play this game it makes people who participated for 3 days a month ago send these walls of text

I even went and warned him in Eve comms he was trying to argue with Deadtear, but he felt disrespected. So I stopped trying to help.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
also rip forge

Added a movable wooden stair module that can be placed freely in your settlement

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

every time i encountered that guy in eve it was like talking to klio or johnny rah if you're familiar with them

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Good news! They added some rudimentary siege ladders! And made melee hit detection better!

Bad news! They made the nature's lore grind loving Awful!

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Justin Tyme posted:

Good news! They added some rudimentary siege ladders! And made melee hit detection better!

Bad news! They made the nature's lore grind loving Awful!

lol if you didn't already script that to 60

Pale Peril
Jun 21, 2015

The engineering of consent is the very essence of the democratic process, the freedom to persuade and suggest.
- Edward Bernays

Tortured By Flan

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

lol if you didn't already script that to 60

Fuuucccckkkkkk....

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im gonna buy and install this

and then shoot some structures

Aydjile
Oct 13, 2013

Survive Adapt Improve

this is one tiny watch tower ((

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
He said tear, what's up with that group in this game called the Imperium is that some of the people from the Eve online Guild or is it a bunch of puppies that wanted a pretentious Latin Guild name

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Addamere posted:

or is it a bunch of puppies that wanted a pretentious Latin Guild name
That typo is incorrect only in that at least puppies eventually stop making GBS threads all over themselves.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

andromache posted:

So you’ve decided to be a bloody peasant:
• Spawn into game. You will appear on newbie island. It has some RP dipshit name but that’s not important. There are some tutorials there, but that’s not important either. Just look around until you spot the giant blue glowing penis shooting into the sky. Like any good goon game, your first mission is to get that dick. Inside the tower is a ferryman looking statue thing. Talk to him and tell him you’d like to go to the mainland. It is very important that you make sure that you are going to the NA server (Buyan). If you go to the EU server you just wasted money, friend. If you paid 30 bucks for the game, you’ll have a ticket already as well as enough favor in the store (hit Esc to go to store) to purchase a 2nd ticket for an alt.

please advise

I picked "North America" in the launcher, made my character, and as soon as I got to the ferryman shrine this is what I see

no option for a Buyan

Scorvi
Apr 4, 2009
Abella is the mainland. Buyan is the North American server.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh ok thanks friend i thought so based on what the npc said but i wanted to make sure before i wasted money

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

That really needs to be put in the OP already.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
trip report thus far, 10 minutes into my run to detroit: my animations have stopped working and so had my stamina bar, i am now just briskly gliding across the ground at full stamina standing ramrod straight in the character design pose

A++ game

Kak
Sep 27, 2002
Server crashed after making character A+++ would try again.

edit: After leaving newbie island, I joined the NA server, but my map doesn't look like the one in the OP, what did I gently caress up?

Kak fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Jan 27, 2018

SisterFister
Oct 31, 2005

I'm sure you and your 37 dollars will prove to be quite the legal sensation

Addamere posted:

trip report thus far, 10 minutes into my run to detroit: my animations have stopped working and so had my stamina bar, i am now just briskly gliding across the ground at full stamina standing ramrod straight in the character design pose

A++ game

I also did this and had to log out.

Protip: swim to the base instead and level up swimming, agility and willpower. I'm coming down the coast right now.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Alright, things I've learned thus far:

#1.) Are you constantly wondering "WHY THE HELL THIS GAME IS TRYING TO DOWNLOAD 300MB MULTIPLE TIMES PER DAY?" to which I respond "Of course, me too. It's terrible. In-game days are 5 hours long (Why aren't they some time length divisible by 24 in whole hours? They probably don't want us to systemize stuff), and every 5 hours, the day changes over. When they day changes over, it saves the Terra. I guess that's the earth moving changes or something? Someone can explain what the terra file exactly holds. Anyhow, so every 5 hours, you must download the 300MB terra file for when the day changes over.

Sucks for people like me with 1.5 mbps fixed wireless internet out in the sticks. Anyhow, so that's that.

#2.) Steam client sucks. I think I misunderstood but I thought you had to install the steam version of the game to convert your previous "Life is Feudal: Your Own" game to the MMO ticket so you can send a free character to the main island. You don't need to install it on steam. Don't do it. Create an account on the website, link your steam account, download game client via link in thread, get free ticket. Why not install on steam? Because A.) Steam doesn't really like you playing multiple games at the same time, but primarily B.) I'm pretty sure Steam had me download the latest loving game update twice. I had already downloaded the update INSIDE the client at like 5AM PST or whatever and logged in to see the devs piss all over fiber gathering, but then in the afternoon Steam wanted me to download another 1.7GB.

#3.) If you fall into the moat/ditch around the castle, there's bark boxes every now and again on the ledge of the moat/ditch. Pick up the box, drop the box at a level where you can jump on it and get out of the ditch/moat, then replace the box where it was originally.

#4.) There is no free house inside the castle. The OP is a lie. You heard about the grand goldgoonrush and came running seeking out richestears. There will be many tears, but all the fancy spots are taken so you get the patch of dirt covered in poison ivy and lice. You must build yourself a poo poo shack on the outside of the castles walls. Don't worry, this is no big deal, but it'll be your first sense of accomplishment in the game at having built something.
a.) Go make a shovel by taking a branch from any tree (ANY tree, branches are no big deal), then right click, make tool, and you can see what ingredients you need to make a primitive shovel under tools. You can get flint and plant fiber by doing "Gather Materials" on a ground tile, and then after a wait some crap will spawn around you that looks like rocks and plants and stuff. Then you can level ground. People drop a bunch of two ingredient foods on the edge of autism forest outside the front gate. That said, some awesome person has been leveling a bunch of ground outside the castle to the west. You can easily just setup your poo poo shack there.
b.) You'll also need a primitive axe (also called hatchet by system text), saw, and hammer. You can make these the same way you make a shovel pretty much.
c.) To build your poo poo shack, right click a flat tile, go to build, and residential, and then it should be shack or hut or something. It only requires uh... I think 4 building logs, 10 boards, and... 20 plant fiber? this will setup a construction plot to dump your poo poo.
d.) To get your building logs and boards, Equip your axe and saw. You can do so in the P menu. There's 4 equipment boxes around ye olde portrait of your character. The top two are for two handed items, bottom two are for one-handed items. So put your saw in one of the top slots, axe in one of the bottom slots. You can equip your hammer to one of the bottom slots too.
d2.) Go find a tree. Like the OP says, DO NOT loving CUT DOWN THE APPLE TREES, MULBERRY TREES, OR ANY loving 100 QUALITY TREES. I guess 94 quality trees are okay though? Either way Deadtear-be-his-slave-name will come find you and gently caress you in the rear end if you do. There's some 60-ish quality big maple trees west of the fort. You can't miss them, as they're also autistically close together. Chop with your axe, then start sawing out logs and boards from the felled log. If you want you can strip out the bark too to make boxes, whatever.
d3.) Take your poo poo back, equip your hammer, and dump it into your construction area you made it part c by interacting with the construction area and dumping your poo poo into it. Status bar will play with hammer noises. Rinse and repeat. Eventually you'll get all the equipment and house will be done.
d4.) You may get a message during the last building load saying SOMEONE IS PREVENTING YOU FROM BUILDING THIS. You may suspect some officer is abusing their power and revoking your building permit or something (This should be a game feature. Only if I become an officer though). Instead, it's the game doing a poor job telling you that you're standing in the middle of the building, and that you need to interact with the building by moving to the furthest edge of the site without being inside of it so that you don't get stuck in the walls like some horror movie.
e.) Hoorah. You built a loving poo poo shack. You're don- NO YOU ARE NOT DONE DON'T LOG OFF YET. Make sure to right-click the building and claim it as your home. Now when you do cool rear end naked crossbow raids stealing other people's poo poo, once they rape you in the rear end, you won't be stuck in the northern snow wastes a million miles from home. Welcome to Ye Olde Detroit.

Hope some of this helps someone.

P.S. Learn from the mistakes of some dumb karmafleet people earlier and don't be a whiny drama baby. Or do, we could all use the entertainment I guess :allears:

BeAuMaN fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Jan 27, 2018

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
Don't build just outside the walls, people can hide there and we can't hit them from the walls, vthere's clear space everywhere to use slightly further out like by the trees with the other shacks

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
also I'm very helpful and answer basically every game related question newbies ask even when it's the 10th time that day please do not disparage me ty and godbless

I just like hitting people with shovels

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
My advice to newbies is that if you're being attacked by another player 1v1 and you aren't <30 seconds running from a door you can hide behind or water, it can be better to stand and fight rather than run. Most of the people we gank while we're out raiding run from us, and all that does is make it easier to shoot them in the back with a crossbow. It can be annoyingly difficult to kill people in close combat in this game, and if you're able to call out for help over mumble or discord it may buy us enough time to get to you.

If they dismount to fight you (this will most often be the case) hug their horse and strafe circles around it and hit it with whatever you have. They will either hop on it to ride away or have to be careful about hitting you and not the horse. If they are mounted with a lance, hug a tree and yell for help.

That said, we aren't raided much. The few times I have seen it happen the attackers are met and destroyed by a wave of naked crossbowmen.

Expired Vitamin
Jul 3, 2017

Biggest newb thing for me (so far) is that your inventory does not have slots and stuff just piles up randomly. So, if you can't find something you think you picked up you should check under that pile of dung in your inventory.

Kak
Sep 27, 2002
Thanks to the two goons that killed me right at the gate after I made an hour and a half trek to detroit waiting for an invite. That was tops.

Kak fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Jan 27, 2018

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Kak posted:

Thanks to the two goons that killed me right at the gate after I made an hour and a half trek to detroit waiting for an invite. That was tops.
Were you in the Mumble?

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Please stop killing unguilded randos without at least asking who they are first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Kak posted:

Name and shame, names show up in your system tab and log