Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

The music in the Beacon is the best, as is getting a shot at the weird Arnie mercy and catching Blisk’s attention. The single player in this is just so tight as far as the pacing and writing goes... it’s nothing too wild (the gameplay is the innovative part) but it’s a nice, simple story told pretty effectively. Link to pilot. Uphold the mission. Protect the pilot. BT is a great character and earning his respect felt really earned in a way you rarely get with shooter characters. Blisk was an effective villain who was menacing and despicable without being cartoonish or gross. The game hints at a larger world without boring us with details and uses characters like Marder to quickly establish the stakes and reasons for why you’re the good guy.

Also I’ve been enjoying the multi in this again. If I’m on PS4 is anyone else also playing? Is there a group or something to join?

I'll be back to Tf2 as soon as I finish a few single player games. Over the winter I usually end up playing more TLoU Factions if I'm gonna multi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Just wanna say this multiplayer is fun as hell and it's a shame it didn't take off. I was playing terribly and still having so much fun. This game's curse is that it appears on the outside as a CoD-like so people who would enjoy it (especially the single player) probably avoid it.

I love how Cooper brought Marvin onto the militia ship or something.

snoremac fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Dec 31, 2017

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Multi player is pretty much always fun, even when I'm getting my rear end handed to me I still have a good time flying around like a maniac.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

I just got this game for 12 bucks Canadian. Holy wow do I feel like I underpaid. The single player campaign is amazing and I just started playing Multiplayer. The COOP mode is super fun to play, and I have no idea what I am doing except killing everything and shits blowing up and smokes everywhere and its such a blast.

I guess I will join the GOON PS4 group?

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
It really is a gem. I hope respawn makes another one without too much interference from ea.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Gifted it to a buddy while it was on sale for the holidays. Was actually planning on doing three or four gift copies but the steam sale got a little out of hand for me this year...

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
So I could have sworn you were supposed to be able to use all the loadouts for BT after you beat the game if you play through it again, was I mistaken or did I accidentally erase my progress or something(cause I beat the game when I last played it about a year ago)?

Also multiplayer outside of Frontier Defense still sucks compared to TF1 in my opinion(Titans not starting with a shield by default and shields not being able to recharge is still an incredibly retarded idea, makes Titans feel pathetic compared to how they were in the first game, there if you were good at using a Titan you could last the entire game using just one)

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Played a quick game of Attrition tonight and Ion is still :discourse:

https://i.imgur.com/zBI7JPd.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/Aegk2li.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/Wdgl4Y7.gifv

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

What's you titan kill average these days Waz, because I think I'm averaging 6-8 per match, but a good chunk of that feels like the 650 point limit.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

What's you titan kill average these days Waz, because I think I'm averaging 6-8 per match, but a good chunk of that feels like the 650 point limit.

It depends, it's usually no more than 2 or 3 if I'm using Ion because I'm basically chipping away at other Titans from a distance and I often don't land the final dooming shot. For example the game I played last night I finished with 25 pilot kills, 1 titan kill and 26 AI kills. If I'm using Monarch my Titan kills are higher because I'm usually trying to go for that battery execution but with Ion it's best to play it from long range.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

you mean what's his avg for titan kill steals

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Wazzit posted:

It depends, it's usually no more than 2 or 3 if I'm using Ion because I'm basically chipping away at other Titans from a distance and I often don't land the final dooming shot. For example the game I played last night I finished with 25 pilot kills, 1 titan kill and 26 AI kills. If I'm using Monarch my Titan kills are higher because I'm usually trying to go for that battery execution but with Ion it's best to play it from long range.

Yeah, I get that. Ion does seem like a specialized and well-rounded pilot hunter, almost how Tone was at launch. I've been maining Scorch for 10 months now and, like N4D says, Scorch is pretty good at getting that kill with a core, but the general buffs to Scorch from FD patch and the match points being upped really has changed my standings quite a bit. I'm sure it helps that I was pretty good with Scorch pre-patch, too, so when they gave him a free dash it felt like a breath of fresh air.

Anyways, any Scorch mains out there, I encourage you to use the Hellfire Launcher / Overcore / Extra Battery combo.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

The music in the Beacon is the best, as is getting a shot at the weird Arnie mercy and catching Blisk’s attention. The single player in this is just so tight as far as the pacing and writing goes... it’s nothing too wild (the gameplay is the innovative part) but it’s a nice, simple story told pretty effectively. Link to pilot. Uphold the mission. Protect the pilot. BT is a great character and earning his respect felt really earned in a way you rarely get with shooter characters. Blisk was an effective villain who was menacing and despicable without being cartoonish or gross. The game hints at a larger world without boring us with details and uses characters like Marder to quickly establish the stakes and reasons for why you’re the good guy.

Also I’ve been enjoying the multi in this again. If I’m on PS4 is anyone else also playing? Is there a group or something to join?

id play with you at some point.

i like the IMC as villians honestly. they feel like a better done trade federation but with more insanity.

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself
How come the only game mode people play is attrition?

My playlist filter is set to CTF, last titan standing, last pilot standing, and like 2 others and it takes me soooooooo long to find games.

I really think attrition is so uninspired, and it defeats the purpose of playing Titanfall

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Grump posted:

I really think attrition is so uninspired, and it defeats the purpose of playing Titanfall

Dropping Titans and shooting other Titans defeats the purpose of dropping Titans? :confused:

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Dropping Titans and shooting other Titans defeats the purpose of dropping Titans? :confused:

I think it's something hosed up with the matchmaker. From the time I got the game 5 months ago until a week or two ago I had gotten in a game that wasn't attrition exactly one time. Then on one day a week or two ago I got every other game type for several hours and attrition once. Since that day I have never had anything but attrition.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
I have pretty much every game type enabled and regularly get non-attrition modes now.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Grump posted:

How come the only game mode people play is attrition?

It's the best game mode.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

And it’s the best game mode for people who suck

You can still have fun and not be completely worthless to your team

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Also on top of that, it's the best game mode.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

:yeah:

LTS and bounty hunt are just kill stealing bullshit

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
Does anyone still play this old game on PC?

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
Attrition has mobs, so I enjoy it.

I wish they would bring back mobs in Hardpoint. :argh:

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
It’s spicy attrition as the custom mode this week. Everyone’s ordnance is ticks! It’s fun but would be better in pilot v pilot as Titans kind of moot it

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Spicy Bounty Hunt plz

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Not sure how many goons are still playing this(if any?) but I’d love some PS4 friends to shoot robots with.

PSN: literallygary

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Played some solo games last night. With just Attrition and LTS queued up it took around 5 minutes for matchmaking to find a game.

https://i.imgur.com/BXvFKWc.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/BjSy7OG.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/1D8DeCC.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/omiIS67.gifv

I love that this game can still have it's highs even in a loss. Watching the dropship departure countdown across the map while you're hoofing it to get underneath it and jam the eject button just before it makes the jump. :allears:

https://i.imgur.com/i5aJE7o.gifv

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
I know the game isn’t so hopping online but I plan on playing the SP over and over from time to time.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

lol, "Weapon challenge completed - Land 50 shots with archer"

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Ringo Star Get posted:

I know the game isn’t so hopping online but I plan on playing the SP over and over from time to time.

One day I decided to try and collect all the missing helmets. Loaded up a YouTube guide and started following along from the beginning. I bailed on that quest 30 minutes in and just played through the entire campaign. Such a good replay value

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
That one mission where you time-warp back and forth is one of the coolest things I've ever seen in a video game.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I could play a whole game of that.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I kind of enjoyed Singularity before Raven became a CoD DLC studio, but TF2's time warp section is miles better.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Noctone posted:

That one mission where you time-warp back and forth is one of the coolest things I've ever seen in a video game.

That was dope as hell, I never touched the single player campaign in this game until a few months ago and drat I'm glad I did. It's so good.

ptkfvk
Apr 30, 2013

the single player is underrated. its so short but its amazing. the battle on the platform of the terraformer thing was fun too.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

The prefab housing manufacturing level was sick, too.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
i think the fact that it's short is what makes it shine so well, it's really tight and there's very little that feels like filler content

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

1redflag posted:

The prefab housing manufacturing level was sick, too.

Climbing up to the arena fight stressed me out so much my hands were clammy. I did not want to fall.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

quite stretched out posted:

i think the fact that it's short is what makes it shine so well, it's really tight and there's very little that feels like filler content

It's the first single player FPS game that I have enjoyed since the first Modern Warfare. I hope Titanfall 3 can keep up the gameplay and not release between BF and CoD next time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Apprentice Dick posted:

It's the first single player FPS game that I have enjoyed since the first Modern Warfare. I hope Titanfall 3 can keep up the gameplay and not release between BF and CoD next time.

Isn’t it the theory was the release was intentional to create more market competition because ea was releasing two games and thus able to capture more market than letting cod/bf duke it out?