Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

New season rebuild pics dribbling in.

Just did a new rear disk guard and new rear disk. I'm doing a winter ride this Saturday so I have to throw the trelliborgs on. After that its full winter maintenance.

I went with a solid rear disk because of all the mud I ride in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷
Is the solid rotor for mud riding? I haven't seen them used on a modern dirt bike before.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Gullous posted:

Is the solid rotor for mud riding? I haven't seen them used on a modern dirt bike before.

Yeup. Without them you can (like me) go through an entire set of brand new rear pads in a single enduro.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

So the plan, in order of action goes like this:

New bushings and oil for front forks (done)
New rear rotor, pad retainers, shark fin (done)
Trelliborgs on, bleed all over shop (this week)
Annoying ride with youtube guy (Saturday)
Pipe off and shipped to repair place (Monday)
Swingarm and linkage off (Wednesday)
Grease swingarm and linkage bearings (Friday)
Check powervalve play, clean if necessary (Saturday)
Tear apart rear shock and change oil (Sunday)
Find someone to provide nitrogen charge (??)
Have bike back together by Christmas

It looks like the first enduro will be the last weekend of January, so I also need new numbers cuz I got promoted. I'll probably just duct tape them on until its warm out though, then do a whole new graphics set.

Tape Leg
May 8, 2003

We were all delighted, we all realized we were leaving confusion and nonsense behind and performing our one noble function of the time, move.
I ran an ‘07 250x for about 400 hours and other than routine oil changes, redoing the valves every couple hundred hours that thing was a solid machine. I had some jetting issues but that’s a thing of the past now. Granted I ride really tight woods/mountain terrain here where third gear is a luxury. I raced a season of d36 hare scrambles on that bike as well. I’m assuming the build quality is still pretty solid as long as you’re not punishing the bike too much and keep on your routine maintenance. I wish you luck with how god damned heavy that bike rides though.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Snowww ridin'

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Lubricatin'

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Awww yeah it's happening this year:

Teams.
A Team class shall be offered at all enduros. The teams shall be made up of three riders: one A or
AA, one B, and one C rider. All team members must belong to the same bona fide club (that club must
meet all other Article IV requirements.) Individual riders are also eligible for awards and points in their
respective individual class. Ties will be settled by the best C rider score.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

shacked up with Brenda posted:

Awww yeah it's happening this year:

Teams.
A Team class shall be offered at all enduros. The teams shall be made up of three riders: one A or
AA, one B, and one C rider. All team members must belong to the same bona fide club (that club must
meet all other Article IV requirements.) Individual riders are also eligible for awards and points in their
respective individual class. Ties will be settled by the best C rider score.

Do you know of enduros I can race with a beta 390 in CT/not more two hours drive from NYC?

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

builds character posted:

Do you know of enduros I can race with a beta 390 in CT/not more two hours drive from NYC?

I think you would be looking at ECEA enduros. There are plently NETRA enduros in CT, but all 3 hours away-ish.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Finally got out on the CRF250X. That bike has real nice suspension and not too much power. I noticed a little heft while negotiating boulder fields. Lands jumps a lot more gracefully than my DT175.

A lot easier than our old bikes too. Usually we'd be out on the antique 175s for like an hour before we packed it up. We were on the CRFs for like 3 hours!

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

clutchpuck posted:

Finally got out on the CRF250X. That bike has real nice suspension and not too much power. I noticed a little heft while negotiating boulder fields. Lands jumps a lot more gracefully than my DT175.

A lot easier than our old bikes too. Usually we'd be out on the antique 175s for like an hour before we packed it up. We were on the CRFs for like 3 hours!

Did you go out to Tahuya? I was there over Christmas and that place is fantastic.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Walker Valley. I haven't been to Tahuya yet.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

clutchpuck posted:

pix

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Next time I'll try to get an action shot or two and then not post it because I am embarrassingly bad.

Is there an adjustment I can try to make the steering lighter at low speeds. The major "thing I want to change" about that bike is probably the steering effort while basically stopped.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

clutchpuck posted:

Next time I'll try to get an action shot or two and then not post it because I am embarrassingly bad.

They're so clean!

Do yourself a huuuuge favor and buy some enduro engineering or tusk bark busters. You'll never break a lever and you'll keep some mud off your gloves.

Regarding low speed steering effort, I'm struggling a bit to think about what you mean. For what it's worth, if I'm in 1st gear doing tight stuff, I'm always standing up and aggressively weighting the outside peg (like a trials rider).

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
I'm un-rusting my skills, but yeah I'm always standing on the pegs in tight stuff and I'm working on shifting my weight from peg to peg.

I don't know how to better describe it. The steering just seems to take some more effort than I am used to when I'm trying to thread the needle between boulders. And this is based on riding an ancient DT175 with a similar mass before this. And since the CRFX has a reputation as being pretty nimble I was just wondering if there was a starting point for turning the clickers to take less effort to turn the bar.

I got a couple knuckles shredded by a hanging blackberry vine, so bark busters is on the list.

And don't worry, they got pretty dirty by the end of the day :)

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷
Try adjusting the bars forward:

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
Is your steering head/bearing overtightened?

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and just say that's how "real" dirtbikes feel compared to a DT.

It's not a bad idea to check steering or head bearings, but if you don't know what you're doing its very easy to mess them up. Too tight is very bad, too lose is worse. Check some vids before you fart around with them.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Can anybody give me some insight as to the direction of a rear ice tire? I bought a set of used studded ice tires and threw them on my CRF a couple of weekends ago, and went out on the lake last weekend. My friend and I both have our tires mounted per the directional arrow, but some guy told us we should flip the rears. I said gently caress doing that again and dropped it off at the shop I usually take poo poo that I don't feel like doing to, and the guy said it's fine the way it was. He mounts tons of ice tires all winter long, so I'm inclined to believe him. Do people generally mount rear ice tires backwards?

Besides the fact that it was almost 50F when I was on the ice causing it to be super slushy and wet, I had generally good traction and controlled slides, so I honestly have no idea. I'm going to leave it as is unless someone else besides some redneck on the lake says otherwise.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Mine are bi-directional, so I've no idea. I would just do what the arrow says.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

T-Square posted:

Can anybody give me some insight as to the direction of a rear ice tire? I bought a set of used studded ice tires and threw them on my CRF a couple of weekends ago, and went out on the lake last weekend. My friend and I both have our tires mounted per the directional arrow, but some guy told us we should flip the rears. I said gently caress doing that again and dropped it off at the shop I usually take poo poo that I don't feel like doing to, and the guy said it's fine the way it was. He mounts tons of ice tires all winter long, so I'm inclined to believe him. Do people generally mount rear ice tires backwards?

Besides the fact that it was almost 50F when I was on the ice causing it to be super slushy and wet, I had generally good traction and controlled slides, so I honestly have no idea. I'm going to leave it as is unless someone else besides some redneck on the lake says otherwise.

Aren't they just regular tires with giant spikes sticking straight out from the tire? Unless there's some pattern or orientation to the spikes that's different one way than the other I bet it doesn't matter at all.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Well they are patterned studs, but regardless the lugs on the rear dirt tire have an obvious "V" directional pattern which I have mounted the way it's originally intended to be. I ended up not having him flip it so :shrug:

I did pinch the tube because I'm a dummy, so he replaced it because he owns.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

This is for tires with screws mounted in them, not sure if it will help you.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

Hey team! I "converted" my 690 SMC to "Enduro"

My first offroad bike (yeah, great choice right) aside from like 2 months scooting around on a Yamaha XT225 my Dad owns in a paddock every now and then.

I took it up the state forest today (and almost died, thanks QLD weather/me bitching out on riding down a hill) and had (mostly) a blast.

So, this is the route I took:
https://goo.gl/maps/fKXzSKrzARx

Most of it was fine as an amateur, I got about 1/3 of the way up going up one of the hills and it changed from stuff I was comfortable with to decent sized rocks everywhere which is something I'm not very comfortable heading downhill on, but there wasn't any room to turn around so I just kind of headed up, I kind of knew there was a loop around and basically I just hoped it got better further on. It did, mostly. I don't mind rocks (too much) if it's not too much of an incline, but I just don't have the confidence if it's "steep." Anyway, made it to the top fairly easily, going uphill isn't really a problem to me, downhill is my achilles heel.

Had something to eat and a drink at the top.

This is the path heading up, at the top isn't too bad, just below sight is where it goes a lot steeper.

The path going on wasn't too bad, it went uphill a bit then dropped into a valley with some (dry) creek crossings. Pretty much all stuff I was comfortable with.

Went up again, this time in sort of red clay stuff which was nice to ride in, although I imagine that isn't the case in the wet, then onto some sandy muddy tracks which was a first for me but was super easy to handle.

I (thankfully) missed my turn off to head back down and ended up taking a cross back which was a decent track, got to the bottom and say a massive (at least 1.5m wide) tree completely across the path, so, score, and apparently there's a muddy really steep drop that way as well according to a friend of mine who goes 4wding up there regularly.

Headed down the track to the "road" that heads back to paved roads.

That road was nice, until I got to the little Z shaped area, which was fairly steep, slate rock, which fairly large rocks strewn across it too. It was kind of split into three sections - 1st was downhill, then levelled off to the 2nd downhill, then it levelled off again and goes to section that is both steeper, and turns twice.

I went into the first part and tried out the rear brake to keep me slow, which just locked immediately. The second one I tried the front brake which worked far better but I was still going too fast for me to be comfortable, I was literally saying "poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo" over and over as I went down (these are only like 20 - 30m long each). The bike is still geared for the road at 15/42 so 1st gear didn't even slow me down enough to help, I was doing 20 - 25 downhill and was completely at the mercy of gravity. Totally poo poo myself. Bike was going fast enough to jump over the bumps and yeah, was just scary.

I pulled into the side area for the second landing and hopped off and had a look around, and decided that, no screw that, I'm not riding down the rest, and I can't go back (I could, but I'd just have to go down that part prior to my lunch break area which was super rocky and just as steep), so I decided to just walk the bike down. I know my skill limits, and going down that was beyond them.

This wasn't exactly the greatest idea ever, I was wearing full textile gear (haven't got my off-road gear properly yet) and it was about 38 degrees C today (100F) and even just walking the bike downhill 30m to the first corner left me super hot and drained. Sat down for a bit, threw my jacket in my backpack (R30), had some water, and walked it down to the second turn in the Z shaped section. This was about another 30m.

Had the brilliant idea of putting it in gear for this, and using the clutch as a brake, but it proved to be more annoying than helpful, so I changed that back. I also made the dumb decision to take the path to the higher side of the road (about a 1m variation from the downhill side to the uphill side) with my downhill from the bike, and head towards the driveway of the house that was near the end. This seemed like a solid plan, until I got closer and realised there was a fairly large dip between the wall of the road and wall of the driveway. Oh well. Thankfully looking downhill/down the road I could see that it got to terrain that I was comfortable with in about 15m from where I was, so I just walked the bike down there, almost dropped it twice going from the high side of the road to the low side, but saved it both times, although it was fairly clutch.

Sat down again, had some more water, put my jacket back on and rode down the road, about 1k later I found tarmac, thank god. Literally said "Oh, thank gently caress" when I saw the tarmac.

All in all, was pretty fun and even with the lovely stuff at the end, keen to get out again. Might avoid that track for a while though, keep to my comfort zone.

I definitely want to gear the 690 lower, I was going to just go 15/50, but I'm thinking more like 12/50 now for offroad riding, just to help slow it down for steeper downhill stuff. Dad said it doesn't matter how good you are, if the gearing isn't helping you slow down for that kind of terrain you're basically just a passenger. (A friend of mine 4wds up there and said that section is sketchy as in a 4wd as well, touching the brakes pretty much locks the front every time, even in the dry, so, woo).

More offroad appropriate gear is on the cards for when I get paid tomorrow, especially in this heat. I'm looking at:

Chest: https://www.mxstore.com.au/p/EVS-Comp-Adult-Pressure-Suit/7102611-c
Knee Guards: https://www.mxstore.com.au/p/Leatt-Black-3.0-EXT-Knee-Shin-Guards/L5016000400-c
Neck: https://www.mxstore.com.au/p/Protective-gear/Kids-Protective-Gear/Kids-Neck-Braces/Oneal-NX-2-Adult-Neck-Guard/0528203

I already have a back protector and some good boots, and my little bro gave me some MX pants while I was there today. That stuff look ok? I don't know offroad brands.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Shimrod posted:

Hey team! I "converted" my 690 SMC to "Enduro"

My first offroad bike (yeah, great choice right) aside from like 2 months scooting around on a Yamaha XT225 my Dad owns in a paddock every now and then.

I took it up the state forest today (and almost died, thanks QLD weather/me bitching out on riding down a hill) and had (mostly) a blast.

So, this is the route I took:
https://goo.gl/maps/fKXzSKrzARx

Most of it was fine as an amateur, I got about 1/3 of the way up going up one of the hills and it changed from stuff I was comfortable with to decent sized rocks everywhere which is something I'm not very comfortable heading downhill on, but there wasn't any room to turn around so I just kind of headed up, I kind of knew there was a loop around and basically I just hoped it got better further on. It did, mostly. I don't mind rocks (too much) if it's not too much of an incline, but I just don't have the confidence if it's "steep." Anyway, made it to the top fairly easily, going uphill isn't really a problem to me, downhill is my achilles heel.

Had something to eat and a drink at the top.

This is the path heading up, at the top isn't too bad, just below sight is where it goes a lot steeper.

The path going on wasn't too bad, it went uphill a bit then dropped into a valley with some (dry) creek crossings. Pretty much all stuff I was comfortable with.

Went up again, this time in sort of red clay stuff which was nice to ride in, although I imagine that isn't the case in the wet, then onto some sandy muddy tracks which was a first for me but was super easy to handle.

I (thankfully) missed my turn off to head back down and ended up taking a cross back which was a decent track, got to the bottom and say a massive (at least 1.5m wide) tree completely across the path, so, score, and apparently there's a muddy really steep drop that way as well according to a friend of mine who goes 4wding up there regularly.

Headed down the track to the "road" that heads back to paved roads.

That road was nice, until I got to the little Z shaped area, which was fairly steep, slate rock, which fairly large rocks strewn across it too. It was kind of split into three sections - 1st was downhill, then levelled off to the 2nd downhill, then it levelled off again and goes to section that is both steeper, and turns twice.

I went into the first part and tried out the rear brake to keep me slow, which just locked immediately. The second one I tried the front brake which worked far better but I was still going too fast for me to be comfortable, I was literally saying "poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo" over and over as I went down (these are only like 20 - 30m long each). The bike is still geared for the road at 15/42 so 1st gear didn't even slow me down enough to help, I was doing 20 - 25 downhill and was completely at the mercy of gravity. Totally poo poo myself. Bike was going fast enough to jump over the bumps and yeah, was just scary.

I pulled into the side area for the second landing and hopped off and had a look around, and decided that, no screw that, I'm not riding down the rest, and I can't go back (I could, but I'd just have to go down that part prior to my lunch break area which was super rocky and just as steep), so I decided to just walk the bike down. I know my skill limits, and going down that was beyond them.

This wasn't exactly the greatest idea ever, I was wearing full textile gear (haven't got my off-road gear properly yet) and it was about 38 degrees C today (100F) and even just walking the bike downhill 30m to the first corner left me super hot and drained. Sat down for a bit, threw my jacket in my backpack (R30), had some water, and walked it down to the second turn in the Z shaped section. This was about another 30m.

Had the brilliant idea of putting it in gear for this, and using the clutch as a brake, but it proved to be more annoying than helpful, so I changed that back. I also made the dumb decision to take the path to the higher side of the road (about a 1m variation from the downhill side to the uphill side) with my downhill from the bike, and head towards the driveway of the house that was near the end. This seemed like a solid plan, until I got closer and realised there was a fairly large dip between the wall of the road and wall of the driveway. Oh well. Thankfully looking downhill/down the road I could see that it got to terrain that I was comfortable with in about 15m from where I was, so I just walked the bike down there, almost dropped it twice going from the high side of the road to the low side, but saved it both times, although it was fairly clutch.

Sat down again, had some more water, put my jacket back on and rode down the road, about 1k later I found tarmac, thank god. Literally said "Oh, thank gently caress" when I saw the tarmac.

All in all, was pretty fun and even with the lovely stuff at the end, keen to get out again. Might avoid that track for a while though, keep to my comfort zone.

I definitely want to gear the 690 lower, I was going to just go 15/50, but I'm thinking more like 12/50 now for offroad riding, just to help slow it down for steeper downhill stuff. Dad said it doesn't matter how good you are, if the gearing isn't helping you slow down for that kind of terrain you're basically just a passenger. (A friend of mine 4wds up there and said that section is sketchy as in a 4wd as well, touching the brakes pretty much locks the front every time, even in the dry, so, woo).

More offroad appropriate gear is on the cards for when I get paid tomorrow, especially in this heat. I'm looking at:

Chest: https://www.mxstore.com.au/p/EVS-Comp-Adult-Pressure-Suit/7102611-c
Knee Guards: https://www.mxstore.com.au/p/Leatt-Black-3.0-EXT-Knee-Shin-Guards/L5016000400-c
Neck: https://www.mxstore.com.au/p/Protective-gear/Kids-Protective-Gear/Kids-Neck-Braces/Oneal-NX-2-Adult-Neck-Guard/0528203

I already have a back protector and some good boots, and my little bro gave me some MX pants while I was there today. That stuff look ok? I don't know offroad brands.

:hellyeah:
1. Watch all the cross training enduro videos on YouTube.
2. If you’re getting a neck brace, save up for a good one or uh one used from ADV rider. Atlas makes neck braces that are cheaper than leatt, but supposedly still good.
3. Don’t ride in textile or leather gear. If you’re going slow, pressure suit + jersey. Off-road gloves can be pretty thin too until you start going fast. I personally like the 100% airmatic, but any of the breathable off-road gloves will be good. It’s worth bringing a jersey and switching out IMO.
4. Camelback. Stay hydrated. Fill it with ice, then put water in.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

builds character posted:

:hellyeah:
1. Watch all the cross training enduro videos on YouTube.
2. If you’re getting a neck brace, save up for a good one or uh one used from ADV rider. Atlas makes neck braces that are cheaper than leatt, but supposedly still good.
3. Don’t ride in textile or leather gear. If you’re going slow, pressure suit + jersey. Off-road gloves can be pretty thin too until you start going fast. I personally like the 100% airmatic, but any of the breathable off-road gloves will be good. It’s worth bringing a jersey and switching out IMO.
4. Camelback. Stay hydrated. Fill it with ice, then put water in.

Yeah, big fan of the cross training guys. They've actually done a few if their videos in the area I was riding in today, they live about an hour from me.

Ok, I'll mark out for a better neck brace.

I knew textile wasn't going to be great but I wanted something on, and atm it's all I've got. Wouldn't wear leather, would just die where I live in it, lol. I rarely wear leather even on road rides atm. Just too hot.

Yup, had a camelpack, basically the only reason I didn't go into heat shock lol

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Don't forget that you have a low traction throttle mode on that bike that is a dream for off road. The suspension is so good on those, I bet having bigger wheels and knobbies was sublime.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

Coydog posted:

Don't forget that you have a low traction throttle mode on that bike that is a dream for off road. The suspension is so good on those, I bet having bigger wheels and knobbies was sublime.

I've got a custom tune on my bike for different air box/exhaust, can I still use those other modes? From memory last time I tried it ran like poo poo.

I've kind of fiddled with the suspension a little bit, it was originally set up for supermoto trackdays so was stiff as poo poo. It's a lot nicer now, but I still haven't touched rear preload or hi-speed damping. Front's nicer but I think I need to drop to a lighter weight fork oil, it's still got 10w in it atm. I think it's a bit stiff, but tbh I have absolutely no idea if it's in a good spot or not.

It was definitely nicer off-road with knobbies than the motard wheels, lol.

Power related traction wise it's fairly nice, I have always had good throttle control so that's not really a worry, and it grips like velcro in basically every condition. Not sure how much of that is the bike and how much is down to the tyre (Rear is a Motoz Mountain Hybrid and front is a Goldentyre GT216).

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Yeah you can totally use the smooth throttle mode, unless you specifically overwrote that slot or something. When I had mine all tuned and stuff, I mapped some better throttle setups for 2 and 3, but left 1 alone so I could use it off road nicely.

Those tires sound fantastic. I wish we could get Goldentire in the US.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

Hmm, sweet, I might give it a shot, I can't really remember if I had my PCV plugged in or not. IIRC I took it out to see how it would run when I first got it and that was the last time I touched the power modes. I think it's mode 2 I have re-tuned.

e: Was your bike an SMC or Enduro? If SMC, what setting did you use suspension wise?

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Coydog posted:

Yeah you can totally use the smooth throttle mode, unless you specifically overwrote that slot or something. When I had mine all tuned and stuff, I mapped some better throttle setups for 2 and 3, but left 1 alone so I could use it off road nicely.

Those tires sound fantastic. I wish we could get Goldentire in the US.

https://www.goldentyrewest.com/find-a-dealer

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/742/72206/GoldenTyre-GT216AA-Enduro-Tire

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib

Shimrod posted:

Hmm, sweet, I might give it a shot, I can't really remember if I had my PCV plugged in or not. IIRC I took it out to see how it would run when I first got it and that was the last time I touched the power modes. I think it's mode 2 I have re-tuned.

e: Was your bike an SMC or Enduro? If SMC, what setting did you use suspension wise?

Please do! I'd love to see how it performs with an even smoother throttle with those tires.

I had the SMC, and the suspension was already tuned for Jazzzzz when I got it. He and I are similar weights so I called it good and didn't touch anything. No idea what the settings were, but they were *perfect*.

Oh... huh. I did not know this. Last I checked I thought I could only find them in europe/adventurespec. Thanks!

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

https://enduro21.com/index.php/40-general/3030-first-look-gpx-moto-tse250r-chinese-two-stroke

Chiiiiiinuh

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷
"The GPX Moto TSE250R is the first Chinese two-stroke enduro bike and “the most affordable and highest performance two-stroke in its class.”"

What class is that?

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Gullous posted:

"The GPX Moto TSE250R is the first Chinese two-stroke enduro bike and “the most affordable and highest performance two-stroke in its class.”"

What class is that?

Old Yamaha 2ts made in china?

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

My buddy Tom made a vidya of the last enduro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q-66SyD8nI

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Holy poo poo those CRFs are the best things ever. It's been a constant string of "that looks scary" *realize I'm on the CRF, add throttle* "that wasn't so scary".

The wife signed us up for an intermediate dirt riding course for next month. She's serious!

clutchpuck fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Mar 28, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M42
Nov 12, 2012

I did my first ever single track yesterday! My only dirt experience is a cornerspin weekend. I didn't actually know this was gonna be a singletrack ride so the first circuit I did was pants making GBS threads, especially since all my friends bailed and I had no one to follow/get advice from.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLWAMJVntSo

This was my last run, the dirt was churned up and dried out so it was basically deep sand in a lot of spots and I was super tired. I'm slow af, using my feet a lot, have no idea what to do with ruts or bumpy downhills. I had a loving blast. Super sore. Can't wait to go again.

e: the second person I stop by is a badass motherfucker with a prosthetic leg