Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

lol

https://mobile.twitter.com/seanhannity/status/957404954976768000

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

loving lmao

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

moths posted:

Trump being attested and pleading guilty to high treason would only confirm these shitbrains' paranoid theories about the deep state globalist illuminati. And bolster gun sales.

If that's the smallest price we pay, I'll take it in a second.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Come Monday he'll report on something completely inconsequential or already debunked, say "Boom!" and then move on to his next thing.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, Hannity's got a new "boom!" every night and its never anything, and usually the same thing as the day before just reworded or with a new unidentified source.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
I wish someone would make a browser extension that automatically turns Hannity tweets into :jerkbag:

Paolomania
Apr 26, 2006

RasperFat posted:

This is why we really need Trump to go down in flames. Video of him and his cronies being frog marched out of the Mar a Lago, followed by a very public and very damning trial surpassing the OJ trial fervor of the 90s, would be able to shake a lot of the Republican crowd that hasn’t gone full MAGA.

The cynical ploy towards political ends on the part of monied conservative interests predates Trump by at least 20 years in execution (FOX) and probably 40 years in planning (think tanks). It is not some enchantment that will go *poof* if Trump falls. Large swaths of the population have been programmed to distrust “mainstream” voices and have knee jerk revulsion for anything tarred as “liberal”, and that won’t evaporate.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

moths posted:

Trump being attested and pleading guilty to high treason would only confirm these shitbrains' paranoid theories about the deep state globalist illuminati. And bolster gun sales.

This is exactly what would happen. What's the term I'm looking for? Confirmation Bias?

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

BiggerBoat posted:

This is exactly what would happen. What's the term I'm looking for? Confirmation Bias?

Self fulfilling prophecy?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Tatsuta Age posted:

Self fulfilling prophecy?

I think so. The term where they'll see the takedown of Trump as proof of the Deep State conspiracy rather than obvious evidence of his guilt and justice being served.

Schmischmenjamin
Dec 15, 2013
This QAnon poo poo is insane. When I visit /pol/ there's usually a very popular, very visible Q thread, with a cadre of loyal Hardy Boys getting all hot and bothered working together to "decode the clues." It makes me think about the young right's largely invisible pipelines to extremism and paranoia, and how they interact with the older right's media distrust and apocalyptic thinking. John Q. Anon has worked out how to market paranoid conspiracy theories to the I Love Bees generation. And now Hannity's acting as a direct conduit from the anonymous underground straight into the amygdalas of Fox News viewers.

If there's a way out of this we'd better find it fast. Personally I like Jordan Peterson's solution: appeal to the young white male's ennui about his own suffering, but guide him toward mystical Christian values rather than nihilism. I know most of you don't think very highly of him but I'm a big fan of his project.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Is that JBP's end game? Get the kids hooked on Jesus?

EDIT: Fuckin' :laffo:

https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/957677863800659968

HackensackBackpack fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Jan 28, 2018

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
steve wynn (d)

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I was looking for 2017-2018 info on whether Amazon is costing the world more jobs than it creates and I found this fuckin' thing from Forbes.

quote:

If they are more efficient at providing retail services per unit of human labour, which is what that allegation is, then this is something we should welcome. Because that freed up human labour can go and produce something else--and we're richer by whatever value we assign to that newly available production that we can then consume.

This is just the process by which society becomes richer over time. Because we destroy the old jobs, work out how to get the thing done using less labour. Meaning that we've now got the labour to sate some other human desire or want.

They're applying Say's law to labor, right? Is that what's happening? I'm asking because I don't know anything about anything, but that's what it looks like to me. Second question, is this still a common conservative idea, or did I just find some lone madman?

e: and of course the other problem is that the author clearly doesn't mean all Americans when he says "we," but that one's obvious

Ragnar34 fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jan 28, 2018

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Lightning Knight posted:

I wish someone would make a browser extension that automatically turns Hannity tweets into :jerkbag:

I want a browser extension that turns "Boom" in tweets to "But nothing much will happen"

Maybe "tick tick tick" too.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Hannity seems to have taken on the "performance artist" role nearly as well as Alex Jones now. In the race to the bottom all RWM will likely edge towards that end state. Glenn Beck just came a little bit too early to the mainstream.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Chowder also came to early, though maybe him calling Hannity a RINO would have still get him shitcanned.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
By the way, that guy who was defending Jordan Peterson's stupid opinions, you're a moron.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

I think Hannity is at the stage where the abyss is staring back at him and he's unsure which is more empty. He's certainly at some measurable stage and has clearly leveled up in the last month or so.

He's min/maxed his conservative character sheet but flailing in the new module with the new rules.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

BiggerBoat posted:

I think Hannity is at the stage where the abyss is staring back at him and he's unsure which is more empty. He's certainly at some measurable stage and has clearly leveled up in the last month or so.

He's min/maxed his conservative character sheet but flailing in the new module with the new rules.

Honestly, I think Colmes just up and dying on him really hosed him up something fierce. But who knows.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Schmischmenjamin posted:

I know most of you don't think very highly of him but I'm a big fan of his project.

While we should be speaking to disaffected youth and offering them a way out- Jordan Peterson is not doing that. At All. Or even remotely.

Jordan Peterson is a predator that has figured out how to manipulate a particular group of people for personal gain. There is nothing deeper to his actions and no grander purpose to his designs than that. He tells young white males that their problems are all being caused by an other (postmodernists in this case) and that simply removing that other will permit the true natural order to assert itself and bring prosperity to all.

Jordan Peterson is snake oil disguised in (frequently misused) academic terminology. He is the Joel Osteen of the academic world, and he is acxtively making the problem worse because he often functions as a stepping stone to more radicalized elements of the Alt-Right.

Again, I agree that there should be real outreach efforts to young disaffected males, but Jordan Peterson is the exact opposite of the kind of person you want involved in that outreach.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Mercury_Storm posted:

Hannity seems to have taken on the "performance artist" role nearly as well as Alex Jones now. In the race to the bottom all RWM will likely edge towards that end state. Glenn Beck just came a little bit too early to the mainstream.

I would argue that Glenn Beck just mis-timed his zigs and zags. He became too radical too quickly and got booted off Fox as a result, then he wasn't radical enough to go along with the Trumpstaffel and lost most of the rest of his audience.

Also FWIW I predicted the current path of Fox News all the way back in August of 2015:

Prester Jane posted:

It is my expectation that over the course of these debates Fox News will begin to show clear signs of becoming more and more blatantly racist. I expect them to go as close to 1488 as they can while Narrative Convergence with other major Narrativist media outlets builds. Fox News will first become very much more overtly racist before moving deep into Conspiracy Land, where it's reporting will quickly begin to sound a shitload like Glenn Beck/Alex Jones. (So yeah, expect Fox to start to drift hard towards openly discussing the NWO/Illuminatti/Satanic Plots) I would not be surprised to see Fox become so extreme that we see something like "Fox News Contributor and founder of the Oathkeepers Stewart Rhodes" being brought in to discuss the threat of gun control. We might even see something like Alex Jones appear on a Fox panel in a non-hostile environment where he is treated like a learned genius that understands the intricacies of Oblammo's ties to the 13 bloodlines like no one else. In any case, my expectation is that Fox News will gain full control of the Narrative by absorbing and combining with as much of the rest of Narrativist media as possible. So when "moderates" like (hypothetically) Geraldo eventually get the boot as the result of a Compaction Cycle they will be replaced by someone from another Narrativist media source.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Prester Jane posted:

I would argue that Glenn Beck just mis-timed his zigs and zags. He became too radical too quickly and got booted off Fox as a result, then he wasn't radical enough to go along with the Trumpstaffel and lost most of the rest of his audience.

Also FWIW I predicted the current path of Fox News all the way back in August of 2015:

i think your right. my "issue" is i am always unsure how "genuine" these dudes are. i know it doesn't really matter for a whole bunch of reasons for one being they all end up being "genuine" in the end because they have that abyss moment that biggerboat mentioned and it breaks them in someway.

Kubrick
Jul 20, 2004

Prester Jane posted:

He tells young white males that their problems are all being caused by an other (postmodernists in this case) and that simply removing that other will permit the true natural order to assert itself and bring prosperity to all.

Jesus, this is the farthest thing from the truth possible. The entire core of his message is that the world is insanely complex, there will never be a simple solution to anything meaningful, and that blaming the world or other people for your problems is exactly the wrong mindset to have.

I read your posts and threads, Prester. I think they are well articulated, and I have grown to trust your insights. But this post made me question how much of the time you are just talking out your rear end.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
The fact that you’re still defending that rear end in a top hat is hilarious, as is the idea that you think he has a point.

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

Lightning Knight posted:

The fact that you’re still defending that rear end in a top hat is hilarious, as is the idea that you think he has a point.

*extremely Kubrick voice*

I bet you haven't even watched his lecture on "The Metaphysics of Pepe"! Not like you'd understand it anyway, you have to have a very high IQ to understand his logic

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Kubrick posted:

Jesus, this is the farthest thing from the truth possible. The entire core of his message is that the world is insanely complex, there will never be a simple solution to anything meaningful, and that blaming the world or other people for your problems is exactly the wrong mindset to have.

I read your posts and threads, Prester. I think they are well articulated, and I have grown to trust your insights. But this post made me question how much of the time you are just talking out your rear end.

I haven’t read Prester Jane’s thread, but I gather they created a whole intellectual framework to explain concepts. The problem is they post in other threads and assume everyone is familiar with their framework, so we get weird jargon like “compaction cycle” and “narrativist” that just leave me scratching my head.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Hannity was always this crazy. No one took him seriously or paid attention to his poo poo when he was at 10PM on Fox News speaking nonsense and interviewing white nationalists and domestic terrorists and conspiracy theorists. He always had at least one foot in the alt right. Two years ago he was sincerely playing edited videos of Hillary Clinton "spasming" and saying she was deathly sick. A year or two before that he was calling Bill Clinton a proven pedophile because he flew on a plain with Epstein. Before that he was the mainstream voice of the Cliven Bundy standoff. It goes on.

What changed is his profile raised because (a) half of Fox News quit or were fired so he failed upwards and (b) he has a personal line to the President of the United States of America. All of a sudden his bullshit matters and people are paying attention. That means more scrutiny and pushback. That means Hannity gets angrier and freaks out more. Cycle continues.

I said 6 months ago that I thought him moving into prime time proper would be the beginning of the end for him and I still stand by that. He's lasted a little longer than I expected and Fox News seems to have turned away from any sanity they were briefly considering and fully into Trump News state run propaganda. But its just a matter of time before Hannity pushes another murder conspiracy that angers the victim's family or defends a pedophile while he all but confesses. And I think that poo poo will add up with advertisers and become a bigger problem for him. We've clearly seen that while 2017 was clearly Hannity's highest profile professional year it also had numerous controversies that caused him strife and trouble within Fox News.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Kubrick posted:

the world is insanely complex, but you can learn all that you need to about it for the low low cost of $80 a month sent to Jordan Peterson

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Kubrick posted:

https://twitter.com/jordanbpeterson/status/950736306694336512?lang=en

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
lmao there’s something brilliantly fitting about a whiny white fuckboi tech bro famous exclusively for writing an anti-diversity screed and getting fired for it failing upward into wingnut welfare via giving speeches about how white fuckbois are the most oppressed people in America.

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Seriously, though, how does former Google techbro not know how the internets work?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Lightning Knight posted:

lmao there’s something brilliantly fitting about a whiny white fuckboi tech bro famous exclusively for writing an anti-diversity screed and getting fired for it failing upward into wingnut welfare via giving speeches about how white fuckbois are the most oppressed people in America.

Mic Dicta did a podcast on his lawsuit which was dry but pretty good. Lessons learned: google sounds like a terrible place to work.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Phone posted:

Mic Dicta did a podcast on his lawsuit which was dry but pretty good. Lessons learned: google sounds like a terrible place to work.

Of course it’s a terrible place to work.

He’s still a fuckboi tho.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

STAC Goat posted:

Hannity was always this crazy.

Yup. Hannity's schtick used to be 'pick a liberal and smear hit them for an hour' for years. You name it, John Stewart, Bill Maher, random celeb who said 'we should be nice to each other', etc.
Hannity then for at least 2 years a full on anti-Hillary smear rant leading upto the election.
Its during these he really has went full retard.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

happyhippy posted:

Yup. Hannity's schtick used to be 'pick a liberal and smear hit them for an hour' for years. You name it, John Stewart, Bill Maher, random celeb who said 'we should be nice to each other', etc.
Hannity then for at least 2 years a full on anti-Hillary smear rant leading upto the election.
Its during these he really has went full retard.

Can we please stop using this expression?

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Jurgan posted:

Can we please stop using this expression?

Why? It only means slow. Heck, I'm retarded.

EDIT: Wouldn't use it as a word replacement for mental illness mind you.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Don't insult people with mental disabilities by comparing them to Hannity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
:ironicat:

source