Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Petit Gregory posted:

It's an electric razor!

i got a norelco one blade and it's pretty good tbqh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Senerio posted:

Fixed for accuracy.

Very true.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Was told last night that Charlotte vs Rousey is still the plan for the Rumble.

Then about half an hour later Asuka gets her "shine" on Raw ahead of the Royal Rumble. Standard Wrestling booking logic means that she isn't likely to win now.

Have no idea how they will get from A to B on the Wrestlemania women's matches as the MITB and a Women's Elimination Chamber match are still in play.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Just... don't make the Rousey match for the title?

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
Three women’s matches?

Ronda vs Charlotte
Rumble winner vs champion
Clusterfuck for the other belt

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The MITB is a good way of beating Charlotte without Charlotte losing. Also, Rousey could cost Charlotte the title in the Elimination Chamber.

Just saying don't expect Rousey to wrestle Asuka or Stephanie at Wrestlemania that's all.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

rovert posted:

The MITB is a good way of beating Charlotte without Charlotte losing. Also, Rousey could cost Charlotte the title in the Elimination Chamber.

Just saying don't expect Rousey to wrestle Asuka or Stephanie at Wrestlemania that's all.

Elimination Chamber is a RAW PPV this year, last I heard. So that's most likely out. Unless they decide to put the Smackdown Women's Title on the line in it, which would be an astounding(ly stupid) leap of logic even for WWE creative. Smackdown has the other February PPV, I think.

As for the RAW title, I think its likely going to be the clusterfuck belt this year. Nia vs Asuka vs Alexa at the very minimum. Unless Nia wins the Royal Rumble, then I can see it being singles action. But that leaves Asuka out in the cold, and I doubt they'll keep her out of the title hunt for much longer. There's also a small chance that Nia ends up being depushed as a result of Enzo being accused of rape. I mean that in the sense in that WWE will want to kill that angle completely dead (I wouldn't be shocked if that ends up happening regardless of Enzo's fate in this thing). And without that angle, she has no way to really get over.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jan 23, 2018

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

dolph ziggler looms above like a specter of death, waiting to ruin everything like he always does

Dolph finally winning the Rumble 3+ years too late would simultaneously be the most Vince “so late to the party the iron is not only no longer hot it’s encased in ice” thing and the most next level IWC trolling.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

rovert posted:

Charlotte vs. Rousey non-title with Auska winning or defending the title at mania makes the most sense to me.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Asuka/Ember/Alexa is happening at WM

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

a new study bible! posted:

Asuka/Ember/Alexa is happening at WM

Ember is likely going to have her rematch for the NXT Women's Championship at Takeover: New Orleans (assuming she loses to Shayna on Saturday). So I doubt that's the case. It will probably be Asuka/Alexa/Nia if it does happen to be a triple threat match.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
I would watch a feud that's just Asuka and Rousey arguing about anime

bartok
May 10, 2006

Jetfire posted:

I would watch a feud that's just Asuka and Rousey arguing about anime

Do you think Asuka would agree with Rousey that Sandy Hook was a hoax?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Rousey praises Hiroshima-style okonomiyaki, Asuka unleashes seven hells of fury.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Still a bit too early to tell, but Ronda is starting to fall in most betting markets.

She's now only slightly ahead of Asuka in general. And in the markets that opened today, she's at EVENS.

If you are looking at betting money on the Rumble, now is a good time, because there is the potential of a lot of money being made if Ronda doesn't show up.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
5dimes has Rumble odds up now

Nakamura -105
Roman +305
Daniel Bryan +500
Ziggler +550
Cena +750
Braun +1100
Finn +1300
Elias +1800 :psyduck:

Asuka +130
Ronda +170
Stephanie +750 :barf:
Becky +800
Nia +1100
Sasha +1700

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
Other than Bryan, those odds are as logical as anything I could come up with. The TV just hasn’t done a great job of foreshadowing anything. Interested to see where we’re at when the lines move.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Elias is probably because Charlotte predicted Elias to win the rumble.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dave says 9 NXT, and 3 surprises in the women's rumble.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

Dave says 9 NXT, and 3 surprises in the women's rumble.

Where did he say that? Sorry, it is late here and I can't find it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/956777628924456960

The tweet he’s replying to says he mentioned it on Wednesday on WOR.

I assume that because he didn’t correct him it’s true.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Deeb and Michelle McCool seem like locks. So that leaves Lita, Trish and Rousey I guess

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

mkay0 posted:

Other than Bryan, those odds are as logical as anything I could come up with. The TV just hasn’t done a great job of foreshadowing anything. Interested to see where we’re at when the lines move.

I think the fact that they're not foreshadowing anything about the rumble and have spent the TV focusing on the title feuds is one of the smartest things they've done in years. Big parts of why Rumble matches have failed in recent years have been setting audience expectations and then shattering them. Bryan will return from injury that this Rumble... so he can lose to Roman. The title will be on the line at this Rumble, and it looks like Dean Ambrose will be the one to win it... nope, Triple H title reign. Goldberg, Undertaker and Lesnar ALL IN THE RUMBLE AT ONCE... Randy Orton wins by eliminating Roman who shouldn't have even been in the match in a just universe.

They've left this Rumble basically a blank canvas and let it kind of hang over everything in the background, like a shadow on a hill. They never even officially said Roman was in it because he's been IC Champ. Realistically only him and Nakamura are viable winners since Sami, KO, AJ, Brock and Braun are all in the title matches, but because they haven't even tried to frame it that way, its easier to come into the match neutral.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
they sure as hell mentioned Daniel Bryan a lot in the NXT main event didn't they

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
So, is it getting to be more of a sure thing that Daniel Bryan is returning in the Rumble tomorrow?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yes he's definitely in it and winning for sure

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Le Saboteur posted:

So, is it getting to be more of a sure thing that Daniel Bryan is returning in the Rumble tomorrow?

WWE are booking him onto the Sunday morning slot at WrestleMania Axxess- a slot that always goes to those NOT wrestling on the WrestleMania card.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Le Saboteur posted:

Well, I put 50 bucks on it in the toxx thread, and I won't be sorry to give it away.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

rovert posted:

WWE are booking him onto the Sunday morning slot at WrestleMania Axxess- a slot that always goes to those NOT wrestling on the WrestleMania card.

~*swerve*~

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Liquid Communism posted:

Well, I put 50 bucks on it in the toxx thread, and I won't be sorry to give it away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iVowkhUot4

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Update on the betting markets for those following along at home:

Nakamura is at -145
Asuka is at -180

Also Squared Circle Sirens is reporting that Kelly Kelly was flown into Philly. So that may make her the third surprise entrant (the other two being McCool and Deeb) in the Rumble.

motherbox
Jul 19, 2013

Feels Villeneuve posted:

they sure as hell mentioned Daniel Bryan a lot in the NXT main event didn't they

Because they're trying to make Gargano the next Bryan?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

So of the NXT women, we know the following are in Philly:

-Ember
-Shayna
-Lacey Evans
-Nikki Cross
-Zelina Vega
-Candice LeRae

Kairi and Taynara were also on the tour this weekend and are likely in Philly.

So I’d imagine those are your most likely bets for the lady Rumble

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Where can I find a prop bet that at least one Rumble winner won't be Japanese?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Your 1:30 PM betting line update.

Nakamura is sitting pretty at -170 (he is becoming more favorable to win the Rumble)

Asuka is sitting at -130, from -140 (however, everyone else's odds have fallen or steeply decreased as well). Sasha went from +1500 this morning to +2250. Ronda is at +130 (up from +120), Becky fell to +1100 (from +1000), Nia went from +1500 to +1600. Stephanie went from +1000 to +1250.

:siren: 2:30 PM update :siren:.

Nakamura is now at -475. (Roman at +500)
Asuka is at -125 (field at -115). (Ronda at +110)

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Jan 28, 2018

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

So is Rousey actually in Colombia or is she winning the Rumble or is she entering the Rumble live via satellite or what

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

projecthalaxy posted:

So is Rousey actually in Colombia or is she winning the Rumble or is she entering the Rumble live via satellite or what

She's most likely in Colombia. She's been posting instagram pictures of her there.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The closer we get to showtime the more terrified I am that Dolph's gonna win

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Benne posted:

The closer we get to showtime the more terrified I am that Dolph's gonna win

Can we pay Heath to take one for the team and break his knee all Tonya Harding style?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I guess I should post the top three on 5dimes for betting now. For both the mens and womens rumble stuff.

Mens:

1) Shinsuke Nakamura (-280)
2) Roman Reigns (+500)
3) Dolph Ziggler (+1000)

Womens:

1) Asuka (-105) (Field is at -135)
2) Ronda Rousey (+125) (Field is at -165)
3) Becky Lynch & Stephanie McMahon (+1100)

So while the Men's Rumble is fairly clearcut for now, the Women's Rumble is still a giant question mark.

Ronda's odds may continue to fall as well. https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/957701907149041665

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Jan 28, 2018