Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Qoey posted:

Sounds like people were being gossipy and poo poo within earshot of her. Question is, was she given permission to make that promo before she went out, or did she just get a live mic while she was out there? It's really obvious that what was said was getting to her. I just really want to find out more context about what was going on.

35 minutes mark of this:

https://twitter.com/prowrestling/status/954838950585053184

Meltzer a month ago said her NXT signing was imminent (while displaying no knowledge of Candice signing but that's a different story). Dave kinda of created a situation where fans thought she was being signed along with her boyfriend Ricochet when that was never the case.

Tessa, her attitude issues and WWE not signing her should be left alone in my view but Meltzer keeps bringing up that WWE should sign her, is signing her all feigning he doesn't know why WWE hasn't signed her. Despite reporting backstage incidents with her in the past. Meltzer is tight with Ricochet that may influence all this. Either way the end result isn't doing Tessa any good.

rovert fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jan 21, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Yeah, not going to delve into it too much, but I remember hearing Tessa had some serious attitude problems at the Mae Young Classic. I remember hearing rumblings of her leaking results to Dave, and generally being pissy she was being knocked out in the first round.

Dunno if that's true though, but it wouldn't shock me. Since I know she rubbed a lot of people the wrong way on her first STARDOM tour.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Losing to the eventual winner is like second place.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
I'll tell you who doesnt have an attitude problem

Tam Nakano*

*please leave me in the dark if Tam Nakano actually does have an attitude problem

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

rovert posted:

Tessa snapped in front of a live crowd yesterday

https://www.instagram.com/p/BeMpbExgE_x

watch your rear end casey

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Midnightghoul posted:

Tam Nakano*

*please leave me in the dark if Tam Nakano actually does have an attitude problem

From what I understand, the actual workers of STARDOM don't have many documented attitude problems, as they see each other as extended family. Its the foreign workers (people like Mandy Leon, Tessa Blanchard, etc), that tend to stir up trouble.

e: Speaking of STARDOM, I'm sorta sad that Fuka is leaving as well. She trained a bunch of the workers we all know and love (Kairi, Mayu, etc). She was also one of the original founders of STARDOM. She got married a little while back, and she announced she is stepping down as she is pregnant and wants to stay out of the spotlight while she raises her child. :unsmith:

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Jan 22, 2018

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Tessa is still awesome. F the haters.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

But she is a hater.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Midnightghoul posted:

Tam Nakano*

Tam is an absolute sweety and its gonna be a dark dark day when wrestling finally breaks her heart.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

rovert posted:

Tessa, her attitude issues and WWE not signing her should be left alone in my view but Meltzer keeps bringing up that WWE should sign her, is signing her all feigning he doesn't know why WWE hasn't signed her. Despite reporting backstage incidents with her in the past. Meltzer is tight with Ricochet that may influence all this. Either way the end result isn't doing Tessa any good.

That's kind of rich considering Meltzer has talked about her signing twice that I can recall (in the actual Observer, I don't listen to the radio shows), while you've taken great delight in talking about her bad attitude on many, many occasions.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Norwegian Rudo posted:

That's kind of rich considering Meltzer has talked about her signing twice that I can recall (in the actual Observer, I don't listen to the radio shows), while you've taken great delight in talking about her bad attitude on many, many occasions.

He has done it more on audio.

I'd do it less if Tessa or Ricochet didn't feed her signing to Meltzer and/or if Meltzer didn't constantly report it.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
I'm sad about Tam being out of OT because watching her chase after Kris was always hilarious

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Ishin posted:

I'm sad about Tam being out of OT because watching her chase after Kris was always hilarious

I hope they spend more time together in the Tam's Life vids. Watching them stare at a vending machine breathalyzer is kind of magical.

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

I have altered my retirement plans. Pray I do not alter them any further.
When I first heard about Tam being bounced from Oedo Tai, I was disappointed because Tam's such a great part of the act and they'd just got done with a "Are Oedo Tai breaking up"? storyline, but in retrospect this is probably the best thing for her career. Her evil manager act is great, but now that she's back wrestling I'm not sure where she'd fit in their pecking order. This is ultimately best for her singles career. Maybe she can go back to being a samurai.

Or at least that's what I'd be saying if she wasn't immediately thrust into another faction angle.

I forgot where I read it, but I like the idea that Rossy is just baffled by the success of Oedo Tai and is doing everything he can to try to kill it. Adding a cutesy manager only made them more popular? Well, now we'll just take her away!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I thought it was smart because Sumire's become a bigger focus within Oedo Tai and it crowded out Tam. Putting her on her own or directly opposed to Oedo Tai puts the framework ready for a heated bout between Tam and Sumire.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
Is SHINE any good? Should I go out of my way to drive over to Ybor on Friday for the show they're running? I don't know anything about half the women on the card.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

uh I would not really call it a good promotion no but there is some talent on that card. LuFisto is LuFisto, I dunno if Rain is any good since she came back. Priscilla Kelly and Ivelisse and Mercedes Martinez and Santana and Jordynne Grace are all of note. Depends on how long a drive it'd be

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

The booking in Shine is usually way worse than the wrestling, but the wrestling can be pretty bad sometimes too. There's usually some good talent there though, as Super No Vacancy noted.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

TheHock posted:

When I first heard about Tam being bounced from Oedo Tai, I was disappointed because Tam's such a great part of the act and they'd just got done with a "Are Oedo Tai breaking up"? storyline, but in retrospect this is probably the best thing for her career. Her evil manager act is great, but now that she's back wrestling I'm not sure where she'd fit in their pecking order. This is ultimately best for her singles career. Maybe she can go back to being a samurai.

Yeah, I was also bummed at first, but the more I think about it the better I think this could work out for both Tam and Oedo Tai. Hopefully she'll take a lot of their recent cutesy act with her so people who want to see idol Tam Nakano will get what they want and she can develop more as a wrestler while Oedo Tai slides back towards being more out-and-out heels (I know there are like three people in the whole world who agree with me but I've been waiting for them to dial back the stuffed panda stuff since the moment it started). Especially now that they're setting up Kagetsu in her rightful position as a real threat to Io.

Johnny Landmine fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jan 24, 2018

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

Who gets custody of P-chan is one of the great mysteries in professional wrestling today.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

Is SHINE any good? Should I go out of my way to drive over to Ybor on Friday for the show they're running? I don't know anything about half the women on the card.

Its lost a lot of, er, shine over the years. When Floslam imploded, I figured that was a good enough time to quit watching.

I mean its live wrestling with people you'll like. They sometimes get international talent who are in the area already.

But its all booked by an utter buffoon in the middle of a scientology stronghold. Drinks are supposedly cheap tho.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Pretty weak card

https://twitter.com/ifyouseekcasey/status/956253457773719552

I like they are mixing the names with newer/local girls but the pairings don't do much for me.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I saw Holidead at an ROH show and she was loving awful

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

uh lesssee. Assuming the idiot booking doesn't decide to "spice up" matches these shouldn't be too bad.

LuFisto vs Rain should be pretty good.

Las Sicarias vs some ppl that are way higher in the cards than they should be. Ivelisse might gently caress someone up so that'll be fun, if you're in Ivelisse.

That six woman tag should be good fun. Shine usually has one wild rear end brawl each show so this might be the one.

Santana vs Renee Michelle in a battle of its very hard to care about either of these people because they're corporate as gently caress.

Holidead is not Rosemary. This is disappointment. Dynamite Didi is amusing. Good chance of being hilariously bad.

Jordynne Grace doin stronk woman poo poo is awesome. Worth a $20 right there.

Lee vs Price will be a rookie extravaganza. if you're into that kinda thing. I don't mind the green as gooseshit matches because its fun to watch people grow and get better.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGos0kg_d40

wagnike2
May 31, 2007

Lucha LaBOOM
SHINE is mostly a good time filled with very little exceptional wrestling. The booking will always be ridiculous and they have a fascination with always creating stables. They almost always tend to have some kind of non-DQ match that is usually pretty fun and goes around the whole venue.

That being said, I haven't watched a show since FloSlam imploded and there's nothing much really drawing me to do so.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/SHIMMERwomen/status/956901331779891200

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Buyer beware a lot of the announced talent have pulled out of this show

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
I'm doing a big Europe trip, and was gonna be in Dublin for OTT's 3/31 show, but now thinking of sticking around another day for this all-women card

https://twitter.com/OTT_wrestling/status/956983064378343424

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I will warn Dublin can be very expensive for tourists. Often prohibits British people to come over for the weekend for Wrestling as hotels, in particular, can be such a rip off.

Qoey
Jun 2, 2014

rovert posted:

35 minutes mark of this:

https://twitter.com/prowrestling/status/954838950585053184

Meltzer a month ago said her NXT signing was imminent (while displaying no knowledge of Candice signing but that's a different story). Dave kinda of created a situation where fans thought she was being signed along with her boyfriend Ricochet when that was never the case.

Thank you for following up, I appreciate it.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

the Queen's Quest/ Oedo Tai match is up now. Its the faction elimination dealie.

here's the direct link:
https://ct.uliza.jp/stardom_en/pc/play.aspx?episodeid=2018_01_21_09

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

coconono posted:

the Queen's Quest/ Oedo Tai match is up now. Its the faction elimination dealie.

here's the direct link:
https://ct.uliza.jp/stardom_en/pc/play.aspx?episodeid=2018_01_21_09

Jesus, Rossy, what did Kris ever do to you

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

she's injured so they didn't want her working a match

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Sure but there's gotta be ways of booking around that that aren't feeding her to AZM of all people in five seconds

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Johnny Landmine posted:

Sure but there's gotta be ways of booking around that that aren't feeding her to AZM of all people in five seconds

I'm totally cool with a bullet-proof, low-card talent being used to elevate an incredibly talented youngster who's probably going to be one of their top stars in a few years.

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

In other news, that bump Hana took was scary as poo poo and I'm glad she's ok.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

as expected, KONAMI is pretty chill

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/958722901150130176

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

rovert posted:

I will warn Dublin can be very expensive for tourists. Often prohibits British people to come over for the weekend for Wrestling as hotels, in particular, can be such a rip off.

can I stay at your house

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/JoshiPuro/status/959216449565937664