Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Guy Goodbody posted:

The dog one is funny because it's a dog piloting a humanoid robot. Everybody knows that you pilot a robot in the same basic shape as your species. Humans pilot humanoid robots, horses pilot horse haped robots, dogs pilot dog shaped robots

But my first introduction to mecha was Voltron, and their mechas were lions before they turned into their humanoid shape. That’s also the only show with mechas that I really ever got into. I was 5.

I thought the picture without the explanation was acceptable for the thread, though. Happy dogge drivin a mecha. I’m a sucker for animal stuff.

Bored has a new favorite as of 00:13 on Jan 28, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Bored posted:

But my first introduction to mecha was Voltron, and their mechas were lions before they turned into their humanoid shape. That’s also the only show with mechas that I really ever got into. I was 5.

Here's something for you then.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjMFYAdvHJc

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Bored posted:

That's also cats

Edit: also Devastator from the old Transformers cartoon

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 00:46 on Jan 28, 2018

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

That's also cats

I want this for my cats.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

That's also cats

HOLY poo poo I MUST HAVE ONE OF THOSE. RIGHT NOW.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Cat's are such d.vas.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

:3: thank you, sincerely, for the mental image of assorted animals piloting assorted animal shaped mechs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITYtEFf0cBc

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Imagine an octopus and his mech. :cthulhu:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

HOLY poo poo I MUST HAVE ONE OF THOSE. RIGHT NOW.

Sadly it's a fake product from ThinkGeek 's annual April Fools catalogue

doverhog posted:

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 01:33 on Jan 28, 2018

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Garrand posted:

Cat's are such d.vas.

:golfclap:

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

That's just their way of market testing a product. If the internet clamors loud enough, then it becomes a real product.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

tribbledirigible posted:

That's just their way of market testing a product. If the internet clamors loud enough, then it becomes a real product.

Yeah I'm pretty sure that their Tauntaun sleeping bag started out as an April Fools fake product but then actually got mass manufactured & sold

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Yeah I'm pretty sure that their Tauntaun sleeping bag started out as an April Fools fake product but then actually got mass manufactured & sold

A few others did as well. It does lead to a lot of confusion because you can never tell which products you see pics of are real ones or just fakes that never left the joke phase.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

doverhog posted:

The Octopus brain looks like a tiny octopus itself, so, technically, they already are a mech.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

I thought these were all lost at the Battle of Tukakytty?

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 01:57 on Jan 28, 2018

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Grraarrgghh posted:

Harmony Gold's Violent Combat Robots

Nah, FASA stopped using those designs in the 90's after Harmony Gold sued their asses.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Well really, we all are inside flesh mechs. Except not really, as we are plumbed into all the mech systems to the point division between the two is impossible! Messy design.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

tribbledirigible posted:

Honestly, I'm already trying to devise a way that I could make one. Cardboard concrete forms probably for the arms and legs, some plywood, carpet remnants...

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Samuringa posted:

The Octopus brain looks like a tiny octopus itself, so, technically, they already are a mech.

what the gently caress

That’s absolutely horrifying.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Samuringa posted:

It is drat octopi all the way down. :aaa:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Honestly, I'm already trying to devise a way that I could make one. Cardboard concrete forms probably for the arms and legs, some plywood, carpet remnants...

Yeah if you've got some basic carpentry and craft skills it shouldn't be that hard.

Just post form Voltron

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Reminds me of how in the Spielberg version of War of The World's, the aliens piloting the tripods look like the tripods themselves.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Nintendo Labo looking good.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

smirf smorf jus tryna get his rear end licked

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007

MisterBibs posted:

I thought these were all lost at the Battle of Tukakytty?

Just wanted you to know I appreciated this.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Samuringa posted:

wheres the human poison gland?

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Samuringa posted:

Today I learned that octopi have skulls and that is all I'll ever know about it because any Google search about it just comes up with lovely tattoo pictures.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Swiped from iosm

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Tony Snark posted:

These loss.jpg references are getting way too abstract for me these days.

But those eggs weren't fertilized?

Also, since the octopus has his esophagus moving through his brain, if it eats something too big it can cause brain damage! :science:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Also, since the octopus has his esophagus moving through his brain, if it eats something too big it can cause brain damage! :science:

Also known as the "Reverse Elvis"

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Quiverfull.jpg

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Homeboy must work in a radar/EMI rich environment.

Seriously though I worked in an EMI-heavy shop of 65 dudes and 3 women, and of the babies born to the folks in our shop, ~97% were girls.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Guy Goodbody posted:

The dog one is funny because it's a dog piloting a humanoid robot. Everybody knows that you pilot a robot in the same basic shape as your species. Humans pilot humanoid robots, horses pilot horse haped robots, dogs pilot dog shaped robots

Canoid

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Puss in Bots

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Samovar posted:

Puss in Bots

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Meowtal Gear

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Armeowed Core

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Feline Reaver

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo