Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Taciturn Tactician posted:

I doubt she'd be particularly surprised. It's not like this is her first time meeting them, and Nale probably filled her in a least a little.

Heck, she worked with Nale and he's Lawful Evil. Or, was.

Anyway, Roy's been learning from Haley, what with that successful (or at least attempted) Bluff check in panel three.

ConfusedUs posted:

Haha I just did the same word count.

Goddamnit Roy, just stop talking

Alternatively, he should have talked to Durkon more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

I want to leave my mind blank, but I'm terrified of what will happen if I do
To be fair, Durkon probably can guess that Roy et al. are going to plan for a trap, even without that going over the wire. "Come fight me in this specific place right now" isn't exactly...subtle.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Heh, so Roy only used 17 words in his reply, and the next 8 he speaks are "Now we know he's springing a trap. Ah--". I wonder if those words got sent in the reply. :allears:

I think the fact that Durkon isn't visible next to Roy's head in the next couple panels means that probably didn't happen.

On the other hand, if that happened it would be funny and it would screw the good guys over, and those are basically the laws of physics in this comic.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Well they're still scrying on Durkula, so they can see his reaction to Roy's response either way.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
On a tangent, I was thinking, since she primarily relies on Sneak Attacks and to a lesser extent the cold damage from her bow, Haley would have next to no way of really contributing in this fight, but then I remembered all those wands she picked up. Might be time for her to put some of those to good use.

TheAceOfLungs
Aug 4, 2010

Roland Jones posted:

On a tangent, I was thinking, since she primarily relies on Sneak Attacks and to a lesser extent the cold damage from her bow, Haley would have next to no way of really contributing in this fight, but then I remembered all those wands she picked up. Might be time for her to put some of those to good use.

She still hasn't identified what they are, right? So they'll be exactly what she needs?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

TheAceOfLungs posted:

She still hasn't identified what they are, right? So they'll be exactly what she needs?
Elan would be so proud of you right now.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I think we can infer she's identified them off panel, which is essentially the same thing.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

TheAceOfLungs posted:

She has both wands from Zz'dtri's corpse and ones she bought in Tinkertown, and I am pretty sure she knows what the latter ones are at least, but neither set has been identified to the audience besides the Cure Moderate Wounds she gave Elan and a Flight one I think, so yeah, she basically has a pocket full of "Get Out Of Problem Free" cards she could pull out at any time.

PMush Perfect posted:

Elan would be so proud of you right now.

He actually made a similar joke himself even.

Edit: And here. Also, that's Obscuring Mist as well. And some green orbs a few pages later that the Crystal golem resisted. Still leaves her with plenty that haven't been identified though.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Jan 19, 2018

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

Has there been anything on the OotS forum or twitter or anywhere about that Ochul kickstarter reward comic being made available so that people who didn't contribute can buy it? I remember reading that Burlew thought he might put it up sometime around Christmas. Sadly that doesn't seem to have materialized.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I believe he's planning on making a print book collecting the various PDF stories, the same way he made one to collect the Dragon Magazine strips. But that'll only happen after they're all written. So far there are four published (O'Chul, Belkar, Therkla, Shakespeare parody) out of eight, the other four are yet to be even plotted (CPPD, Scoundrél, Dim Sun, Francois).

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Raenir Salazar posted:

I think we can infer she's identified them off panel, which is essentially the same thing.

Identified them to the reader.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Twist: they are all gender reversal spells.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

:frogsiren: #1111

Noonsaliwah
Sep 5, 2006
Shizne
There’s a new strip
#1111 She Really Doesnt

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I don't get it

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I don't get it

She's a minor character, and also we haven't seen any of the vampire parasite-spirits have names independent of their hosts.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I don't get it
None of the vampires actually have names, just their hosts'.

Edit: Beaten like a 4 on Move Silently.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
None of the vampires have names. Even Durkula is just "dwarf" to Hel, and "Master" to his minions.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Executing your commands and/or former colleagues!

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
I thought it was more of an NPC gag. "Dwarf vampire from comic #1111, panel #5".

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
I think I am going to really enjoy this upcoming fight. :allears:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

It's both. That's the joke.

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Unless something goes in Durkon's favour in the next comic, this fight is going to last maybe one page.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

We always knew that something in Durkon's past that the vampire didn't care about would be his downfall. I wasn't thinking Hilgya, though.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Goffer posted:

Unless something goes in Durkon's favour in the next comic, this fight is going to last maybe one page.

Hilgya's going to lay waste here. I wonder what's going to happen to keep this arc from being over too quickly/easily.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Roland Jones posted:

Hilgya's going to lay waste here. I wonder what's going to happen to keep this arc from being over too quickly/easily.

Durkula's internal dialogue.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I don't get it

If she had a name, she probably wouldn't have died.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
So judging by Durkula's lines in that first panel, apparently Durkula doesn't know that Roy knows they're walking into a trap.

It's also possible that he just doesn't care if Roy knows because he's supremely confident in his preparations, but if that were the case, Rich probably would've had him mention knowing that Roy knows that it's a trap.

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."

Roland Jones posted:

They're still watching - they're going to split the party to stop the council plan, and Belkon is going to be killed by the no-name vampire.

It's happening this time for sure

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
If Rich thought the situation was ambiguous he'd probably have clarified it. We'd then be able to conclude that Rich doesn't know whether or not we know that Durkon doesn't know that Roy knows it's a trap.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

It's just like... I know, yknow?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
yeah, totally

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

PMush Perfect posted:

I love the idea of a deity who's True Neutral because he's pretty much fine with whatever as long as you're chill about it.

"Yeah, I killed that guy and took his stuff. Had some neat poo poo."
"Cool."

"You monster! I won't let you get away with that!"
"Bro, I need you to take it down about three notches. You're harshing my buzz."

Broseiden, god of chill.

Uranium Phoenix posted:

There's an entire rulebook for the alignment shifts that result from fluid dynamics.

Peak 3.5 is not know if this is a joke or not.

Eox posted:

I find it pretty interesting that nobody ever argues about what the evil alignments mean, but the claws come out once good is on the table.

Yeah, everyone knows Islam is evil, but it's hard to determine if atheism is good or neutral.

:can:

e X posted:

That's the way I see it too, but in my experience, the go to alignment trap, other than the baby killer one, is putting a Lawful Good character in a Lawful Evil situation.

...Baby killer one? Is that like the runaway train on two tracks thing?

ikanreed posted:

Order of the stick but written by 2005 Buckley.

Panel 1. Goblin: "did you hear about the new Official WotC splatbook, it outlines a new spell"
Panel 2. Goblin with different shirt color. "No I have never heard of it"
Panel 3. Belkar the highly sympathetic protagonist who we all know is right, stabs goblin #2.
Panel 4. Belkar keeps stabbing goblin 2 while goblin 1 nods approvingly

Not enough :words:.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Jan 27, 2018

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
I'm sad.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Cuntellectual posted:

*attempts to perform necromancy on alignment talk*
An apt username.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Cuntellectual posted:

...Baby killer one? Is that like the runaway train on two tracks thing?

Bad guy straps a bunch of babies onto his armor so you can't attack him without hitting an innocent baby. Mostly specifically a trap for Paladins since in that case it just takes ONE evil act so you get into a whole argument about how much greater good is allowed.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

reignonyourparade posted:

Bad guy straps a bunch of babies onto his armor so you can't attack him without hitting an innocent baby. Mostly specifically a trap for Paladins since in that case it just takes ONE evil act so you get into a whole argument about how much greater good is allowed.

I remember a villain form the Book of Vile Darkness like that. He would enlsave kids and they were linked by magic chains to his armor that redirected any injury or pain he received to them.

Appearntly he was fought by the Critical role people at one point.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Jan 28, 2018

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

MonsterEnvy posted:

I remember a villain form the Book of Vile Darkness like that. He would enlsave kids and they were linked by magic chains to his armor that redirected any injury or pain he received to them.

Attack the kids first. They have worse AC than he does, making it easier to whittle them down than if you attacked him directly. Plus then he has to drag around a bunch of corpses that will weigh him down.

Edit: Maybe you can raise them as undead too, leaving him chained to a bunch of pissed off zombies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

MonsterEnvy posted:

Why would you use a bunch of emaciated children? If I were in his shoes, I'd want my ablative armor to be well-nourished and hearty to withstand more damage.