Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Alright, got it. I'll still be levelling all the sentinels just for MR I guess, so can mix and match whatever Helios or Carrier works out better later on.

Next question, what's up with the mechanic on the Grinee Lt. "Ice Hammer" dude (or, say, prosecutors on Ceres)? Am I just supposed to shoot them while the health bar is grey and they take like 2 damage per hit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
iirc Lt. Ice Hammer makes you shoot the glowing tank on his back, then his tubes come free and you can kill him

I don't remember what a prosecutor is

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Soothing Vapors posted:

iirc Lt. Ice Hammer makes you shoot the glowing tank on his back, then his tubes come free and you can kill him

I think prosecutors are just the fancy glow stick grineer dudes

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Prosectors are the dudes you glass without a second thought while making your way back to extraction after killing kril for the hundredth time for miter parts

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Soothing Vapors posted:

Oh, I see. I would've probably wiped a bunch were I go into him either of two times alone. :v: Prosecutors are Grineer ninja dudes cosplaying a propeller with their electric staff.

Berke Negri posted:

Prosectors are the dudes you glass without a second thought while making your way back to extraction after killing kril for the hundredth time for miter parts

Is that a good weapon? I got the blade from him.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Maxwell Adams posted:

Well, you gotta get Point Blank and Hell's Chamber in there. You should also get the nightmare mod they added at some point, Chilling Reload, which is so good that you basically have to use it. Then I'd wiggle thing around until I got a corrosive/cold high status build, because that's a pretty good general purpose setup.

oh yeah, I forgot that Hell's Chamber was the one being concealed by the riven :madmax:

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Ice Hammer guy is shoot the pack to pop a hose so his ice blast backfires, then shoot his pack until he turns into vulnerable Fire Hammer guy.

Prosecutors are aligned with one base element, and immune to all others. Slash still does something the wiki says. And you can stun and shiv them with Radial Blind.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Do they have that weird immunity thing I've never noticed

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
I legit did not know that was the why of how they worked, I didn't see them until after Second Dream and just figured it was a fuckload of immunity which I circumvented the obvious way.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Next question, what's up with the mechanic on the Grinee Lt. "Ice Hammer" dude (or, say, prosecutors on Ceres)? Am I just supposed to shoot them while the health bar is grey and they take like 2 damage per hit?

LOL Lt Ice Hammer is so terrible all the replies didn't get his mechanic right.

You first shoot his backpack with the red glow until you see a hose got loose. Then you need to bait him to use a hammer ground alam move. If you stand too close, he'd do a swing. If you stand too far, he'd use his rifle or throw his hammer. You need to be at the right distance. But even then his poo poo AI might just do something else. Note that during all this he is invul so you don't need to shoot him at all. Once he ground slam (you will notice he got frozen for a second), you can sorta shoot him but the window is so small it's pointless. Repeat the process from shooting his back. You have to do this 3 or 4 times. Until he got fired up, literally on fire, this is the point you can shoot and kill him. His HP and armor haven't changed since early days so most players just one shot him at this point.

Terrible mechanics. In Sorties when his level and damage can be dangerous, you'd need a tanky frame (or Limbo!) to do the baiting.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

ive killed kril, usually solo, like hundreds of times to be able to build the miter and panthera

and even i didn't have the courage to offer advice on fighting him cause i wasnt sure if i had the mechanics wrong

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Kril really needs another rework

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Berke Negri posted:

ive killed kril, usually solo, like hundreds of times to be able to build the miter and panthera

and even i didn't have the courage to offer advice on fighting him cause i wasnt sure if i had the mechanics wrong

Yeah, I farmed the poo poo out of him by myself yesterday, and I don't even know what people are talking about with hoses or red glows or whatever. I just stand around in front of him as assimilate Nyx until he ground slams, which usually freezes him but sometimes doesn't. When it does, he gets an opticor shot to the backpack which deals a tiny amount of damage. Repeat 3-4 times.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

wid posted:

LOL Lt Ice Hammer is so terrible all the replies didn't get his mechanic right.

You first shoot his backpack with the red glow until you see a hose got loose. Then you need to bait him to use a hammer ground alam move. If you stand too close, he'd do a swing. If you stand too far, he'd use his rifle or throw his hammer. You need to be at the right distance. But even then his poo poo AI might just do something else. Note that during all this he is invul so you don't need to shoot him at all. Once he ground slam (you will notice he got frozen for a second), you can sorta shoot him but the window is so small it's pointless. Repeat the process from shooting his back. You have to do this 3 or 4 times. Until he got fired up, literally on fire, this is the point you can shoot and kill him. His HP and armor haven't changed since early days so most players just one shot him at this point.

Terrible mechanics. In Sorties when his level and damage can be dangerous, you'd need a tanky frame (or Limbo!) to do the baiting.

Oh wow that does sounds way too loving involved to get to the point where he indeed gets instakilled.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

it sounds like a lot on paper but in reality you just kind of shoot his backpack until the game lets you deal damage to him and its all over in like 2-3 mintues

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

, most the bosses in this game are pretty bad sadly

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Berke Negri posted:

, most the bosses in this game are pretty bad sadly

The saddest thing is that The Second Dream's final fight is easily the best one in Warframe and nobody considers it a boss.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

the floaty vek guy with the jetpack can go gently caress himself, hes seemingly vulnerable for like 0.3 seconds at a time and can gain health back and was impossible solo

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

give me my sortie 3 dolon fight de

i'm ready for it, i've changed myself, i've made sacrifices

ive mined a lot

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

turn off the TV posted:

The saddest thing is that The Second Dream's final fight is easily the best one in Warframe and nobody considers it a boss.

oh, you mean where they tell you to dash to remove its shield but actually they mean dash while its shield is down? that loving thing?

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

oh, you mean where they tell you to dash to remove its shield but actually they mean dash while its shield is down? that loving thing?

That's War Within I believe. The Second Dream final fight is the one with the Operator cradled in your Warframe's arms shooting void lasers at the Stalker in an attempt to reach the transference chair.

MJ12 fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Jan 28, 2018

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

I got the quest names mixed up. But yeah, that fight. It has stages, you do a gimmick to beat it, and there is a mechanic beyond "wait until it stops being invincible and shoot it once."

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Indecisive posted:

the floaty vek guy with the jetpack can go gently caress himself, hes seemingly vulnerable for like 0.3 seconds at a time and can gain health back and was impossible solo

i soloed that guy way too many times to finally build whatever the gently caress he dropped back then, i don't remember, but i had a purpose built bow + rhino for it. easy peasy, stand still, be buff as gently caress, ignore everything until that sliver of vulnerability then blow a chunk of his health bar off with a fat red crit, repeat.

that guy can go gently caress himself and the horse he rode in on can do the same

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
MJ12, you should spoiler that poo poo for the literal most tons of new players we've had since inception.

Edit: ^^ You mean his Terra frame? :v:

hazardousmouse fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Jan 28, 2018

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Raptor1033 posted:

MJ12, you should spoiler that poo poo for the literal most tons of new players we've had since inception.

Edit: ^^ You mean his Terra frame? :v:

yes, quite. his terra frame can gently caress itself

hell, they're grineer, it can clone itself and the clones can gently caress. i don't care. as long as i never, ever, ever have to go back there. ever.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
You know what those ghouls did in their pits. hosed. Those drill arms and meat hooks are nasty.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
I just built Harrow and put a couple of forma in him. I'm having fun chaining people up and whipping myself, but I'm not sure I'm using the frame is full potential. Does anyone have any advice on how to mod and use him? Specifically, I need to start hunting eidolons for brilliant shards and quill standing, and have zero practical experience.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

it took way too many tries to get the last part for hydroid from terra vey hek and so if i never do that fight again thatd just be swell

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Are there any melee dual stats which are "+swing speed / + something" and if so, are there enough of them to make hammers not take a year to wind up and swing?

I keep making hammers - arca titron, magistar, fragor prime, or whatever, and they just take so long to swing I do not enjoy them at all. I prefer single swords and am fine with just using broken war forever, but I dunno. I was hoping to branch out but those are a bust so far.

on the upside I finally made an Astilla and holy poo poo, it's amazing. :allears:

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Berserker can help speed up very slow weapons quickly but just remember tenno you can't crit on crates

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

Avulsion posted:

I just built Harrow and put a couple of forma in him. I'm having fun chaining people up and whipping myself, but I'm not sure I'm using the frame is full potential. Does anyone have any advice on how to mod and use him? Specifically, I need to start hunting eidolons for brilliant shards and quill standing, and have zero practical experience.

I've been playing with this build and it seems good. I dunno about using the new augment. Just be aware that since the last patch there have been some issues with harrow. If you run out of energy while channeling thurible (and some other times) it will bug and you won't actually get any energy for headshots. You still get the ui popup but don't actually get energy.

Psion posted:

Are there any melee dual stats which are "+swing speed / + something" and if so, are there enough of them to make hammers not take a year to wind up and swing?

I keep making hammers - arca titron, magistar, fragor prime, or whatever, and they just take so long to swing I do not enjoy them at all. I prefer single swords and am fine with just using broken war forever, but I dunno. I was hoping to branch out but those are a bust so far.

on the upside I finally made an Astilla and holy poo poo, it's amazing. :allears:

Yeah I find the heavy weapons painfully slow too which sucks because some of them are really cool. You could look for an attack speed riven but that's a pretty hefty investment for something you might not like. Luckily there are a ton of cool weapons. You could check out some of the dual swords like twin cleavers or twin krohkur. Machetes are supposed to be pretty awesome if you get the new Cyclone Kraken stance (otherwise they are really awful). Nikana Prime for max weeb. Or go fast and try a rapier. Destreza for crit or Endura for status. Polearms could also be a step between sword and heavy weapon. They still mostly swing pretty fast but add a ton of range. And then there's all the rest of the weird stuff. Whips, blade-whips, all the punch/kick/claw weapons have solid choices.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
I've found the best way to speed up a slow weapon is to give it to Valkyr. Her 2 gives her a major buff to her melee speed (as well as a goodly layer of armour), and with the Eternal War augment you can keep it going so long as you can keep killing, which you'll want to do to keep your melee combo going.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I finally decide "hey I should get that Valkyr statue" and it's sold out. Ah well.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
The best way to use hammer is to learn the distance of the bullet jump->midair swing attack. Stagger your target with a weapon that works well at that range, then swoop in and clobber them.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
hammers have a huge finisher multiplier, so you should become an invisible hammer ninja or maybe be boring and use hammer finishers as inaros. sure, it is strictly inferior to covert lethality but it's more fun.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Can I get a ps4 invite? I'm capfalcon01

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

cubicle gangster posted:

I just started playing this, and there is one thing confusing me - everyone says to buy better blueprints in the market, even the game suggests it - but there is only one in there and it's mastery locked?
I'm on Venus, have 6 hours in, done some plains of eidiolon. it's kind of fun but I really don't understand progression at all and I feel myself on the verge of bouncing off. As far as I can tell the market is exclusively a cash shop. Where do I get new weapons from?

E: also how do I turn off this chat box when I'm on the ship, every story mission I finish it overlaps the subtitles so I can't read them. I'm on PS4.

Also, does anyone else feel like they can't play this on PS4 for more than a couple hours out of fear of the amount of heat and noise it makes a PS4 put out?

In the market, I think you have to hit R1 to switch from "buy gun with plat" to "buy blueprint with credits".

You can turn off a few channels in the Options so it doesn't happen nearly as much, but I don't know if you can turn off / move it completely on consoles.

Turn off some of the fancy graphics options, and your PS4 will be happy. I play on my launch for far too many hours at a time and it never even runs the fans.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Anyone happen to have a Reaper Prime riven kicking around that they don't want?

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.
So the Corinth is ridiculously fun. I'd like to think it was legit good, too (albeit I've not thrown it at really end-game content yet) but there is something fun about firing the airburst at the bottom of a walkway you're standing under and watching about ten or so XP from kill feeds pop up.

Not to mention the firing sound, hot drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

There is no bad shotgun in this game. Except maybe the Boar. Otherwise, all shotguns are amazing weapons you can conceivably take to endgame.