Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

XK posted:

lol you watched them.

I own several of them on DVD and someday will have them all. They're so bad, but in a fascinating way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

VictorianQueerLit posted:

quote:

The Court should straighten that mess....

No, no! That is exactly what you don't want!

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Sillybones posted:

No, no! That is exactly what you don't want!
The court should curl that wig.

Why the gently caress is the table of contents so long for the cig reply? It's like a series of tweets.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Dusty Lens posted:

Give us more money and we'll both be able to add more and build the game faster.

Or remove even the hint of all those wild dream features we suggested you were buying in addition to never delivering on even the most basic form of the game.

It's a flip of the coin really.

Actually we don't ask for more money. We have the money to make a game.
But if you give us more money, then we'll be able to make the game of your dreams.

6 years into a pre-alpha to avoid being completely wrecked by the gaming press and every gamer that has a youtube channel.

AbstractNapper fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Jan 28, 2018

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

"Crytek fails to identify which Bugsmashers videos are infringing and which code has been infringed."

Which of the sides will ask the court to watch the entire run of any of CIG's series of drivel?

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

SelenicMartian posted:

Which of the sides will ask the court to watch the entire run of any of CIG's series of drivel?

That should be the entire argument of the motion to dismiss -- if the court is foolish enough to hear the case, they will be forced to watch CIG RSI videos.

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Maybe there is no room for guys like us.
Grimey Drawer

Mr Fronts posted:

I thought it was odd that he got his own Org name wrong... seeing as he founded it...

...but then again, who remembers the specifics of things that happened so long ago?

SO

MUCH

DREAM

CRAFTING

CIG, in 2018: "Yeah, no."

Man, I know I should be laughing, but this is so loving sad.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Jim DiGriz posted:

Man, I know I should be laughing, but this is so loving sad.

It's easy once you realize that pretty much everyone left clinging to this shitshow is incredibly toxic.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

quote:

AUGUST 4TH 2014

That’s all thanks to you, Star Citizen’s backers. We’ve had a lot of questions about why we still need to continue crowd funding. The answer is that that money is letting Star Citizen tackle longer term features and content sooner than we normally would. To sustain this level of development, we need to keep bringing in additional funds. Star Citizen is still much less than the other published backed AAA games that have similar levels of ambition (some would even say a little less :-) ) like GTA V, Watch Dogs or Destiny.

We know that Star Citizen is an incredibly ambitious project, after all its basically several high fidelity AAA games all rolled into one; a MMO Space Sim, a First Person Shooter, a rich Single Player story and a fully-fledged Trading and Economy game. I’m pretty sure this level of ambition is why the majority of you backed. If I had pitched Star Citizen to a typical publisher, told them I wanted all these features and wanted to make it just for a PC I would have been laughed out of the room. (Of course, you all showed publishers that a AAA space sim for the PC is no laughing matter!)

Anyways he then goes on to ask what people want next from a long list and none of it is ever given any serious development effort or, for the most part, spoken of again.

Never stop funding. Bigger than GTA V. Laughed out of the room.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Actually it's about integrity in games journalism.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/dataspikecast/status/957528566639579136

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

XK posted:

lol, the PvP slider

CIG dev: What's the PvP slider?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/HarteMatt/status/957433135590932481

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Colostomy Bag posted:

Imagine if you will finding a derelict Freelancer in the 400 sextillion Km^2 of space. You bore a hole through its side and enter the craft. There is no cargo. Only a mummified b'tak sitting on the porcelain throne remains.

Doesn't matter, had sextillion

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
This has to go to discovery. I must see these financials.

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

boviscopophobic posted:

That should be the entire argument of the motion to dismiss -- if the court is foolish enough to hear the case, they will be forced to watch CIG RSI videos.

If I were the judge and hearing the case meant I'd have to sit through multiple videos from those charmless idiots, I might very well dismiss the case to spare myself the grief. But I might also let the case proceed just so I could charge 'em with contempt when they showed those videos, because man, someone should go to jail for that kind of thing.

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

The Titanic posted:

1: Make networking mesh like i want
2: do it again
3: do it until 10,000 people can play my twitch shooter together with massive fleet battles with tv ships live streaming to YouTube and face over ip works and I can do it over my ship comm to another ship while also taking a dump in my space toilet while outside NPCs are fighting over which virtual but full length movie they want to watch while another player is mixing a drink and the shadow of our ship hovers over players on the ground having a war in a tunnel created by a passing sandworm and the lands defense mechanism is automatically seeing them and calling the space police to come and start fighting them all while the situation is being broadcast to the landowners ship somewhere else so it’s piped into his mobi glass thing and I want all this at 80 FPS and it’s also VR enabled because you guys do that part too I think
4: refactor all of 3 because I just changed the skeleton
5: redo 3 because I want the AI to see and smell and react to people dynamically
6: I want the AI over network to be indistinguishable from human players
7: I just had an awesome dream from this cocaine so we’re restarting at 1 again today but this is 3 years into 1-6 so I’m planning for it now on the roadmap
8: hey hey, demo coming so I need all you dumb fuckers to stop everything and work on this cool space station that’s full of Giger Aliens for my awesome idea demo I just had, we’ll finish up networking in a few months after citcon but I need this loving demo
9: the demo was loving poo poo and everybody laughed at me and it’s your fault
10: alright let’s look at this again we need to get over 6 players in an instance at 14 FPS so we’re going to start at 1 again and this time I don’t care if you have a paper due for your college classes you fuckers will get this poo poo right or I’ll destroy your career before it begins and I swear if you gently caress ups can’t build this “network mesh” that I came up with you’re all fired. These ideas will make it happen but you need to try harder if you want to be on my team I have no time for your excuses and your ignorance

It's... It's like you're actually Chris Roberts.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

radd posted:

It's... It's like you're actually Chris Roberts.

Nah, she's Sandi. Making fun of SC is her way to deal with the whole marriage with Crobberts thing. Plus SC = Titanic is a wonderful analogy.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
When the two immovable forces of ~dreams~ and reality collide

:scotland:

his nibs fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Jan 28, 2018

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

:captainpop:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/7tg30u/psa_stealing_ships_might_no_longer_be_planned/dtcvlba/

GazChap
Dec 4, 2004

I'm hungry. Feed me.
I never thought I’d say this, but reading through the transcripts from SomethingJones makes me think that, actually, America might be better off if Crobbler was their President, and Donald was head of CIG.

If nothing else, Donald seems to share the backers’ views about females.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

It's bound to happen at some point. The damage-control of the (intentionally) uncontrolled collective dream weaving and Chris' hand waving and piling up promises that will result in shattered hopes and tears.

Something to look forward to really.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

XK posted:

None of that sounds like a "Whoops, despawned" mechanic.

Add it to the tracker!

Yeah I'm on it. Thanks for the links all.

The tracker has a twitter account that was off for a while. It's been running again for two weeks. The code should go up on github today.
https://twitter.com/StarCitizenTrac/status/956512058207387648
https://twitter.com/StarCitizenTrac/status/956934849360674816
It has a new feature where it will like most Star Citizen related tweets that aren't giveaways or come watch my twitch related.

It comes across some interesting tweets:
https://twitter.com/Pascicada/status/957434870980104192

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Trilobite posted:

If I were the judge and hearing the case meant I'd have to sit through multiple videos from those charmless idiots, I might very well dismiss the case to spare myself the grief. But I might also let the case proceed just so I could charge 'em with contempt when they showed those videos, because man, someone should go to jail for that kind of thing.

I think we're missing the bigger picture here.

What all of this means is that someone at Skadden was forced to watch through all that horribleness to gather up the evidence needed to make the case. They were forced by Crytek. Crytek was the wicked evil badguy all along! :magical:

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
It's a shame that CIG won't last long enough to try to explain away things Chris has said in the past because nearly everything he's ever uttered has a contradiction or logical impossibility attached to it.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Milky Moor posted:

This has to go to discovery. I must see these financials.

This is pretty much all I want. I want to see just how loving twisted this pretzel production really is.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/leonardjfrench/status/957602097020702721

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer
I look forward to a new hat ^^

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Yeaaa make us dream !

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Options:

1: Watch a turbonerd tie himself in knots trying to handwave CIG's imminent doom away by half reading poo poo.

2: Watch SCG Philly team constructed (aka best format MtG) day 2

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

10 for the Charlatan

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

Xaerael posted:

Options:

1: Watch a turbonerd tie himself in knots trying to handwave CIG's imminent doom away by half reading poo poo.

2: Watch SCG Philly team constructed (aka best format MtG) day 2

3: Rub

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

biglads posted:

10 for the Charlatan

:golfclap:

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

:psyduck:

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

I hope this doesn't mean that real time plague blockades are out too.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

tuo posted:

Fire and fury indeed.

Farts and furries

Android5
Jan 17, 2017
Will Maiden is a loving genius. And CIG, as usual, is proving to be 2 steps ahead of the game. The tactic is simple.

1. Dev/Community Manager makes an obscure offhand comment that clashes with the insane imaginary game mechanic that the whales have dreamed up for themselves (egged on by Chris).

2. Massive shitstorm blows up on reddit with heated bickering between the backers over mechanics that are impossible to implement anyway.

3. CR steps forth, addressing the masses. "Good people, you have spoken and I have heard. That offhand comment by that Dev was taken completely out of context, OF COURSE we will be implementing that insane impossible mechanic that whales are losing their poo poo over. It's totally part of our "subsumption/Item2.0/Insertbuzzword" system. What that Dev was trying to say is that we are aiming (no promises) to have only the foundations implemented in 3.0/4.0/5.0 etc. It is an organic and iterative player driven system that will grow in complexity over time once the game launches. You've trusted us to develop the best drat space game ever and we're holding up our end of the bargain, we need you guys to continue supporting us so that all your dreams can come true. (Insert shameless plug for the latest concept sale).

4. Backers fall over themselves praising CIG. Mass reddit threads appear "Thank you CIG / CIG Listens to us / This is already the best space game ever OMG". Backers start mass buying the latest concept in shame over ever doubting CIG and the vision. Any additional dissent is quickly shouted down by the zealous fans.

5. CIG continues to walk back on any "promises", defended vehemently by hardcore backers as they do.

Its loving genius. Textbooks will be written about CIG in future.

Saw
Aug 19, 2005

I am loosing my patience after seeing your big size boobs and having a wish to suck them for atleast one hour then t

happyhippy posted:

Has anyone asked Chris how VR is going to work with the face recognition poo poo yet?

Just put googly eyes(1) on the back of your headset!

(1) Sales of official RSI googly eyes start soon, remember - just keep pledging.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Daztek fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Jan 28, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.
What the gently caress is this bullshit?

https://wccftech.com/wccftech-investigates-the-star-citizen-economy-with-special-guest-tony-zurovec/

"The difficulty is that the real world doesn’t work like that and as many long term followers of the game are aware, Tony has wanted to get it to a place where we have some of the real world levers and influencers of economic activity in the game in a relatively advanced (for a game) method. With static or simplistic prices and immediate impacts, you face problems such as the value of a commodity dropping below a profitable level for a producer, so in a simplistic rules based game engine, the production immediately ceases. In reality, that takes time, some people will continue to subsidise loss making operations in the hope that the market will turn around. Perhaps a spike in demand will occur which will mean that business will continue to be worthwhile. Cross-subsidisation of business lines also makes for a more involved scenario."

I'm not making this up. That's actually what it says.