Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

mystery dungeon, but the mystery is solved: it's a big pair of titties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

a mistake

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Are the plot and gameplay good at least?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Great big tractsplots of land

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Are they ever?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

No.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'll let you know after I buy it

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Sakurazuka posted:

I'll let you know after I buy it

Don't do that to yourself. You deserve better. Like Stardew Valley hopefully soon.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

I thought my 64gb card was hosed since I lost a bunch of saves/games even after a database rebuild and it gave errors every time I tried to launch a game.

But yay, swapping out a couple memory cards somehow fixed everything and my dead gay handheld still lives :toot:

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

POLICE CAR AUCTION posted:

I thought my 64gb card was hosed since I lost a bunch of saves/games even after a database rebuild and it gave errors every time I tried to launch a game.

But yay, swapping out a couple memory cards somehow fixed everything and my dead gay handheld still lives :toot:

Be careful and keep backups. If it starts acting up it's only a matter of time until it throws its hooves up.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Iconoclasts is really good, you guys.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
Tokyo tattoo girls is $13 at amazon is that poo poo

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
BlueMaxima wasn't impressed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1gTiUSGI

ayukawa
Feb 7, 2016

Nice boat.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/PQubeGames/status/960524339681558528

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

Could it actually be YU-NO? The "remake" is jaw droppingly bad compared to the PC98 version honestly.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I'm still buying games for my dead gay console.

Just spent 73 hours with Demon Gaze II. I've no idea if they made that sequel just for me, but it's possible and I applaud it.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I've been replaying P3P on NG+, instead of playing Trails of Cold Steel. :negative:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

bad choice imo

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Saoshyant posted:

I'm still buying games for my dead gay console.

Just spent 73 hours with Demon Gaze II. I've no idea if they made that sequel just for me, but it's possible and I applaud it.

Is Summon Nights the game localized by the former Working Designs and if so, is the translation appropriately good and funny? The systems look difficult, but I could try to learn it if the text is reminiscent of the good old Lunar translation lunacy.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Szurumbur posted:

Is Summon Nights the game localized by the former Working Designs and if so, is the translation appropriately good and funny? The systems look difficult, but I could try to learn it if the text is reminiscent of the good old Lunar translation lunacy.

Yes, it's from Vic Ireland's studio Gaijinworks. They did the final PSP game that hit the west, Summon Night 5, which had a pretty good translation in my opinion, charming and fun in a lot of places. Haven't tried 6 yet, but it's supposed to be a better game. I think you'll like either if you were into their older work.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Feb 6, 2018

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

irlZaphod posted:

I've been replaying P3P on NG+, instead of playing Trails of Cold Steel. :negative:

you should play that on PC anyway

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I'd much prefer playing that kind of game on a handheld than a pc if I have the choice

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Really Pants posted:

you should play that on PC anyway

lol if you'd rather sit at a pc for 80 hours than play wherever with a nice sleep function

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

it's like 45 or 50 with the reduced load times & turbo mode

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

PS2 emulation is really lovely in my experience, even in Sony's official PS2 on PS4 offerings. Unless you mean emulating the PSP game which would be fine but pointless if you already have a Vita

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

PS2 emulation is really lovely in my experience, even in Sony's official PS2 on PS4 offerings. Unless you mean emulating the PSP game which would be fine but pointless if you already have a Vita

I think they’re talking about Trails of Cold Steel which is on Steam

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh oops

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Saoshyant posted:

Yes, it's from Vic Ireland's studio Gaijinworks. They did the final PSP game that hit the west, Summon Night 5, which had a pretty good translation in my opinion, charming and fun in a lot of places. Haven't tried 6 yet, but it's supposed to be a better game. I think you'll like either if you were into their older work.

I couldn't find SN5 released digitally (EU PSN), so that's not an option for me. Still, I'll wait for a sale on SN6, I'd like to have another SRPG to play after I finish SRWV.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Summon Night 5 never got an EU release despite them saying it would get one eventually. 6 did but it's like £50 (PS4) and hasn't been in sale yet so no thanks. From what I've heard I'm not missing much anyway.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Are any of this month's Vita PS+ games worth playing?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Exile's End is eh, not terrible but not worth it if you've got anything else to play, I dunno what the others were. Oh Grand Kingdom? It's okay but gets kind of samey quick.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Grand kingdom coulda been good. It's a gorgeous game with a pretty good battle system that is attached to a horrible F2P grindfest with no story.

There is a lot of good stuff there, but it's all gated behind the worst kind of F2P mechanics. Daily log ins, getting to a certain level and then reclassing to get more powerful. Online game modes that basically require you to play one game exclusively.

It's worth checking out from a curiosity standpoint if you really like RPG battle systems, as you can do some pretty cool things in combat if you really geek out on it, but there's not really enough incentive to ever get to that point.

If you still go in, don't bother being a merc for the weaker factions. You might as wel join up with the majority faction at the time so that you can steam roll like everyone else and at least get loot.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Wait it expects you to play it daily? Hard pass, if that's the case.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

irlZaphod posted:

Wait it expects you to play it daily? Hard pass, if that's the case.

It's not required, but there is a daily log in bonus. And each multiplayer " war" is daily. Daily play isn't necessary, but it really really reeeeeally wants you to play daily.

Edit: Also Mercenary Kings is finally out on the VITA. About 3 years too late.

waah fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Feb 7, 2018

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

waah posted:

Edit: Also Mercenary Kings is finally out on the VITA. About 3 years too late.

And apparently has a game breaking bug. You fall through the floor of elevators when using them.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

If you deliberately play Mercenary Kings in 2018 you deserve what you get.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Sakurazuka posted:

If you deliberately play Mercenary Kings in 2018 you deserve what you get.

i get great entertainment from lovely monster hunter contra :(

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
Vita news that's been an extremely long time coming - Root Double is out next month, on March 8th.

Edit: Only in NA, great job Sekai Project.

Ripley fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Feb 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
More like Suckai Project