Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

It no longer has a speed boost.

wow, so whats it good for then?

Looks like were back to doranpot then? It was so nice to see some change for once...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Yolomon Wayne posted:

wow, so whats it good for then?

Looks like were back to doranpot then? It was so nice to see some change for once...

Solo laners like Nasus and GP that love gold/cdr/mana still have high winrates starting ancient coin, there is just no reason to ever upgrade it past nomad's medallion now.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I don't understand how they came up with the stats they gave the new support items.

They're the stats of the old tier 3 support items, more or less. They made the conscious decision back in 6.22 to make tier 3 Coin's gimmick the fact that it's the cheapest out of any of the tier 3 options. It's got terrible slot efficiency (78.33% gold efficient), but if you want the tier 3 item ASAP, it's both cheaper than tier 3 Relic by 400 gold and Coin tends to generate far more gold than Relic does in the first place.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

fatal oopsie-daisy posted:

It got nerfed because the shield was removed (which was why it was bought mostly) and the healing is now halved for ranged champions and now it just gives you a sightstone so it's basically worthless on a damage dealing champion

getting a sight stone and giving gold to your support for the cost of 500 gold is actually pretty sweet if you ask me

Nightgull
Jan 22, 2018

TOTALLY NOT A CONSERVATIVE
or a fucking nazi
Just encountered Nunu for the first time in top lane. I got utterly stomped on and I'm not sure what I could've done. He killed me twice before level six, and I got him once when he messed up at tower and I was able to flip him (I was playing Urgot). But after that I pretty much stuck to tower because he could kill me at will if I approached the minion line.

The snowball is on a very low cooldown and did a massive chunk of my life bar when combined with comet. He also seems to have pretty ridiculous sustain, I suppose by eating minions. And the fact that you can't see his ultimate in bushes seems...a bit overpowered. Why is my first time seeing him if he's so overbearing. Would another hero have been a better choice. I thought he was going jungle and I'd be up against shyvana.

I really like Urgot otherwise. Now I just need to try skarner to see which juggernaut I like the best. They're definitely my favorite class, I like the thoughtful and strategic play they encourage.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

his free spell passive isn't on THAT short of a cooldown, a corrupting potion and dorans shield should easily be able to outsustain his mana

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Nunu got a pretty massive buff in the latest patch, so AP Nunu top can definitely catch people off guard if they haven't played against him in a while.

The reason you generally don't see Nunu top is that he is comically easy to gank, has awful waveclear, and hardcore loses to some of the more popular toplaners like Riven and Jayce. The proper way to play that lane as Urgot would probably be to go Arcane Comet with Resolve secondary (picking up Mirror Shell and Second Wind) and start with Doran's Shield. Poke him with Q whenever he goes for CS, use W to absorb his snowballs, summon your jungler if they're in the vicinity to get an easy gank off, and avoid walking next to lane brush unless you're certain you know where he is. You can likely rush Mercury's Treads into Black Cleaver and become nearly immune to him, or go Spectre's Cowl into Black Cleaver if you wanted to be super safe.

rabidsquid posted:

his free spell passive isn't on THAT short of a cooldown, a corrupting potion and dorans shield should easily be able to outsustain his mana

Actually, yeah, Corrupting Pot might be better for that matchup over Doran's Shield.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I have seriously no idea what to do anymore.

Everytime i climb up, someone somewhere flips a switch and the united retard federation is seated in front of pcs and hardwired into my games.
I swear to god, i dont see how i could save games in which top and bot feed their face off, an ahri does 1000 damage during the entire game, kogmaw goes 0-3 against vayne in 7 minutes, janna dives a leona and the entire team focusses galio over twitch.

What am i to do?

I decided to focus on botlane, as jungling for randoms gives me cancer, toplane means i get deleted by an overfed carry midgame, and midlane just doesnt suit me in any way.
I really try to get adc, ususally vayne or fortune, or Leona when i get filled as support.
I had 75% winrate up to today morning, then lost 8 in a row, and i honestly cannot see how a single one of the games was my fault.
I won my lanes pretty consistently, but people go solo jungle at minute 40 or dive 1v3 at any given opportunity, dont follo wdragon or tower calls and generally i am left with a feeling of utter despair as i cannot fathom how i was going to get anything done in that mess.

If there is anything i can do, i will, but tell me what.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Looks like your account has been flagged for losses

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

I don't see how you can consistently be fed or win lane and still lose 8 games in a row. Either you don't know what to do with your gold advantage or can't teamfight as well as you lane. You can always win your lane harder.

Vayne got some huge nerfs this patch imo but she is still strong in soloq due to her 1v1 potential.

I would recommend learning how to play Tristana. You can splitpush with her because she is so safe and take turrets really fast by yourself so you really don't need your team to follow you.

I never duo but if I was an ad main I would definitely consider it. Try finding a support that matches your playstyle or works well with your champs. If you play immobile poo poo like Kog/Jinx maybe get a Janna/Nami type of player. If you like to push lane/bully lane you play stuff like Draven/Cait/Fortune try to duo with a supp who plays Thresh/Bard/Ap supps/all in supps like Ali, Leona.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Rygar201 posted:

:discourse:

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Post replays if you want want any responses other than poo poo posting or taking the piss out of you for your tone.

If you're the problem in the vids, you'll get roasted tho

Camel Camus
Jun 16, 2009

Mais, non, je suis fantastique!

When you get frustrated do you start flaming? There's not much worse for a team than having someone who loses their poo poo the second things start looking down.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Yolomon Wayne posted:

I have seriously no idea what to do anymore.

Everytime i climb up, someone somewhere flips a switch and the united retard federation is seated in front of pcs and hardwired into my games.
I swear to god, i dont see how i could save games in which top and bot feed their face off, an ahri does 1000 damage during the entire game, kogmaw goes 0-3 against vayne in 7 minutes, janna dives a leona and the entire team focusses galio over twitch.

What am i to do?

I decided to focus on botlane, as jungling for randoms gives me cancer, toplane means i get deleted by an overfed carry midgame, and midlane just doesnt suit me in any way.
I really try to get adc, ususally vayne or fortune, or Leona when i get filled as support.
I had 75% winrate up to today morning, then lost 8 in a row, and i honestly cannot see how a single one of the games was my fault.
I won my lanes pretty consistently, but people go solo jungle at minute 40 or dive 1v3 at any given opportunity, dont follo wdragon or tower calls and generally i am left with a feeling of utter despair as i cannot fathom how i was going to get anything done in that mess.

If there is anything i can do, i will, but tell me what.

stop playing games to rank up if it is not fun for you, just play games to have fun, and stop worrying about what your allies do so much

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I'd recommend playing World of Warcraft instead of this game.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
If you really are as skillful as you claim you will climb given enough games are spent. Only advice is for you to look at what you are doing wrong because YOU are the only constant in your games. It's frustrating to have the team that dies multiple times beyond your control, but it happens and you just move on, hopefully learning something from your own play and improving it. No one ever truly masters this game or any competitive game, I'm sure even Faker learns about his own play and mistakes and improves upon them.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I dont claim to "belong in diamond" or whatever, but i can clearly see the most grievous mistakes in the games ive lost werent my own.
Like, my thresh pulling leona on top of me when both of us are at half health, or janna tower diving, midlane lasthitting in midlane while bot+jungle get assaulted at dragon etc.

Ill try this "carry harder" thing people talk about, ill let you know if it works out.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Yolomon Wayne posted:

I dont claim to "belong in diamond" or whatever, but i can clearly see the most grievous mistakes in the games ive lost werent my own.
Like, my thresh pulling leona on top of me when both of us are at half health, or janna tower diving, midlane lasthitting in midlane while bot+jungle get assaulted at dragon etc.

Ill try this "carry harder" thing people talk about, ill let you know if it works out.

just... stop worrying about what your team does. why would you care? you can not control what they do, focus only on improving your own play and enjoying playing the game. i have been in a game with cris playing riven and at one point he was in the enemy base proxy farming for no reason at all when the enemy team was doing baron. if lcs players on their mains can make mistakes, so can anybody else, you included

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Pog, they can't push with baron creeps if he killed them in their base :thunk:

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Rygar201 posted:

Pog, they can't push with baron creeps if he killed them in their base :thunk:

tactically letting the enemy team get baron for free in order to minimize the negative effects of baron.... Truly this is why team coast is the greatest team of all time,

Nightgull
Jan 22, 2018

or a fucking nazi

Rygar201 posted:

Is this actually a thing?

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Nightgull posted:

Is this actually a thing?

there was this diamond support teemo main who would complain about how riot was flagging his account for losses for some reason, i think they were mad at how good he was or whatever i can not remember why the guy thought that

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

pog boyfriend posted:

there was this diamond support teemo main who would complain about how riot was flagging his account for losses for some reason, i think they were mad at how good he was or whatever i can not remember why the guy thought that

Because Warchicken was loving insane, that's why.

It's just people remembering the bad things more readily than the good, as people do.

Post replays duder. It's the only way to be sure

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Yolomon Wayne posted:

this mentality is a huge trap and part of why you will not progress. like we said, focusing on the mistakes of the 4 random people you get in solo queue isn't going to make you play better, because you cannot control with whom you are matched. you are the only constant factor in your games.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

if you feel like you have a lot of streaks of wins followed by a streak of losses dragging you back to where you started it means you're a tilter

source: i do that poo poo all the time

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

How Rude posted:

this mentality is a huge trap and part of why you will not progress. like we said, focusing on the mistakes of the 4 random people you get in solo queue isn't going to make you play better, because you cannot control with whom you are matched. you are the only constant factor in your games.

my most recent game, what could i have done better:

My support "cant play support" gets jungle instead, picks udyr, walks into detected invade at 1:20 despite 1 zillion pings not to go there.
Braum catches 3 thresh hooks because he has not grasped the concept of staying behind minions and dies every time.
Udyr comes bot and both tresh and tris flash flee with 10% health, he dives them with 20%, dies under tower, blames me for not diving with no flash and out of range.

Pretty much game over by then, team is 1-13 at 7 minutes. Udyr 0-3 and Braum 0-6. Tristana has 8 kills and first tower falls.
We fail ff15 cause trolls gonna troll, they kill nexus while im typing this up...

e: sorry if i sound snappy, but im starting to get severely frustrated

Yolomon Wayne fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jan 28, 2018

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Yolomon Wayne posted:

My support "cant play support" gets jungle instead, picks udyr, walks into detected invade at 1:20 despite 1 zillion pings not to go there.
Braum catches 3 thresh hooks because he has not grasped the concept of staying behind minions and dies every time.
Udyr comes bot and both tresh and tris flash flee with 10% health, he dives them with 20%, dies under tower, blames me for not diving with no flash and out of range.

Pretty much game over by then, team is 1-13 at 7 minutes. Udyr 0-3 and Braum 0-6. Tristana has 8 kills and first tower falls.
We fail ff15 cause trolls gonna troll, they kill nexus while im typing this up...

You suck and every single one of your games could easily have been won by your team if you were a better player, despite the mistakes made by your allies

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Some games are lost causes. Brush em off and move on. None of us are perfect about this, obviously, but it's really the only thing you can do other than simmer in seething resentment

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

just play better

Methanar fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jan 28, 2018

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
methanar your boasting is the opposite of amusing

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the layout of those scoreboards is bothering me

you could have saved a row of pixels by just completing a row of four instead of 2 rows of two why did you do that

Nightgull
Jan 22, 2018

or a fucking nazi
Urgot is fascinating, haha. He feels really unique. I don't suppose anyone knows of any Urgot players who explain what they're doing as well as SoloRenektonOnly. Something I can watch on YouTube preferably, but Twitch works too. I find I can bully pretty hard, farm well under tower, and now that I've unlocked secondary runes he feels a lot stronger. Honestly can't wait for ranked.

Im pretty close to being able to unlock Inspiration and try Illaoi with kleptomancy. Pretty excited!

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Yoloman when you lose a poo poo game you could and should do any and all of the following:

Have a chuckle at those bad team mates.
Open a beer
Smoke a smoke
Make a start on dinner prep
Browse SA a bit
Jerk the gherkin
Watch an episode of the Simpsons
Make some coffee
Eat a delicious cream filled pastry
Do some chores
Take a walk outside and snap some pictures of delightful squirrels
Read your emails
Play a different game
Post about it in the void discord channel

What you shouldn't do:
Queue again
Post about it in this thread
Spend more than .32345 of a second thinking about your team mates.

Nightgull
Jan 22, 2018

or a fucking nazi
Smoking, drinking, and eating pastries are all very bad for your health. The Simpsons is a bad show outside of the first six seasons. Masturbation saps your masculine energy and makes you sleepy and unproductive. Don't do those things.

Everything else on the list is good though. You could also work out, which feels good and is good for you

Nightgull
Jan 22, 2018

or a fucking nazi
"What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.” -Socrates

Camel Camus
Jun 16, 2009

Mais, non, je suis fantastique!

Nightgull posted:

Masturbation saps your masculine energy

Mike Cernovich sleeper account spotted.

Also I have been preparing for the "play drunk v. don't play drunk derail" my whole adult life let's get this poo poo going.

Take a shot after every win and a shot and a swig after every loss.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Mierenneuker posted:

Speaking of different MOBAs, apparently Epic's Paragon just got its death sentence. Anyone played it? Did it have interesting mechanics? Or any abilities/kits that would be great to see in more popular MOBA? Edit: Ah, here is a playlist with character overviews. Gonna to watch that later on.
I felt like the issue with Paragon was that it didn't know if it wanted to be a MOBA or if it wanted to be TF2.

Another issue it suffered from was that the item system was very, very unintuitive. This is a huge problem, and a huge barrier to entry into a MOBA environment. I felt like it had a lot of potential but Epic just kinda didn't realize it. Jungling, for example, was at points incredibly inefficient and a flat do-not-do-this-thing and then at others an incredibly efficient do-this-thing-or-you-lose, so clearly finding balance was an issue.

The 3rd person shooter perspective also just didn't feel satisfying for ranged heroes since their shots would just magically vanish at set distances. You probably didn't miss much if you missed out on Paragon, but it is a shame it never got good.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
It's been pretty obvious that we're in the worst timeline for a good while, but now it's confirmed. Riven's in the meta. There goes my ban slot for this patch.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

If you really want to climb, get good at support. If you're even a half-decent support you're better than 90% of ranked supports who are getting autofilled and are taking their rage out on the rest of their team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Aumanor posted:

It's been pretty obvious that we're in the worst timeline for a good while, but now it's confirmed. Riven's in the meta. There goes my ban slot for this patch.

riven is fun to play and i have no idea how riven mains get that way. but it is probably because they were not exposed to tunak tunak tun as a child, the psychology holds.

E:

pog boyfriend fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Jan 29, 2018