Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Groovelord Neato posted:

the dumber ones to me aren't the hugely inflated scores but the ones that are impossible because of how the game increments points. you'd think he'd know at least that much about each game.

Nah man, once you've got a name for having records then you're just throwing poo poo at the wall to see if it sticks. Because who's going to dispute your scores when you're in the good books of the organization?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Todd Roger is a really sad or perhaps even mentally ill person. I think we all know that by now. The bigger question is how or why is Twin Galaxies this biased or incompetent? "Verification" is basically "my buddy the referee agrees I got 15 million points" and if anyone else second guesses it, even with indisputable proof, they get shouted down and nothing changes. Is it possible to measure integrity as a negative number?

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

the dumber ones to me aren't the hugely inflated scores but the ones that are impossible because of how the game increments points. you'd think he'd know at least that much about each game.

At one point his defenders were suggesting that the scores that ended in impossible digits were typos. Partly out of reverence for Todd, partly because the refs are known to be so incompetent that it's not the most unlikely scenario. His wabbit score of 1698 was originally disputed because the last digit was impossible. One of the former refs suggested rounding it down to the nearest possible digit. Then they found the killscreen at 1300.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Rubellavator posted:

At one point his defenders were suggesting that the scores that ended in impossible digits were typos. Partly out of reverence for Todd, partly because the refs are known to be so incompetent that it's not the most unlikely scenario. His wabbit score of 1698 was originally disputed because the last digit was impossible. One of the former refs suggested rounding it down to the nearest possible digit. Then they found the killscreen at 1300.

The thread in question, because this is fascinating to read

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Zamujasa posted:

The thread in question, because this is fascinating to read
That's one hell of a killscreen - the rabbits that you shoot for points just stop showing up, not that they move too fast or whatever. Nice one, 5.51.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
Maybe Twin Galaxies is ok with lying so much because so many of their former top staff were loving massive criminals like the 2 or 3 different dudes who used to be at TG and now ain't because of committing sex crimes against kids.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
The funniest thing is that conclusive proof was posted that it was flatly impossible (even beyond "well, let's round the score down to the nearest five").

One of the first suggestions is to move it down to the real max, 1,300, of course.

But even funnier is that this thread is from November and the obvious fake score is still listed as #1.

Edit: This thread just gets better and better. "It's not a typo, he listed it on his own site as the score he got." "Well, the site got hacked at some point and someone fiddled with scores." "Maybe he forgot and copied it from the hacked score."

I can't tell what's serious any more and it makes it even funnier.

Zamujasa fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Jan 28, 2018

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Anything interesting thing about Todd's scores is that leeching is supposedly against the rules at TG yet Todd claims a billion points or something on a bunch of games. Even if it were possible to get that score (which it isn't) wouldn't that require him to stand around and farm points for hours upon hours? Wouldn't that alone invalidate the record anyway?

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

It's OK Todd's score has been beaten recently anyway:

http://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/181189-Atari-2600-VCS-Dragster-NTSC-Game-1-Difficulty-B-Fastest-Time-05-509-william-rosa

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
The photo evidence on page two of that thread made me laugh hard.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

grand theft grotto posted:

The photo evidence on page two of that thread made me laugh hard.
I don't see any?

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

I think everybody just needs to maybe cool out a little maybe
I went to the disputes section of twin galaxies and it's just todd threads as far as the eye can see, they're all good

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Fister Roboto posted:

How can someone be that bad at lying, and more importantly how could people believe all that? It's like saying you can run a 3 minute mile.

Nah, it's more like saying you can run the 4 second mile. Many of his records are over 100 times the next best; Centipede is over 1000. The 3 minute mile is at least vaguely theoretically humanly possible; you just have to match Usain Bolt's sprint for 3 minutes :v:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

the more i think about it, the more i hope twingalaxies actually doesn't throw todd's dragster time out or any of the others just to completely erase any shred of credibility they had left

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Former Human posted:

Todd Roger is a really sad or perhaps even mentally ill person. I think we all know that by now. The bigger question is how or why is Twin Galaxies this biased or incompetent? "Verification" is basically "my buddy the referee agrees I got 15 million points" and if anyone else second guesses it, even with indisputable proof, they get shouted down and nothing changes. Is it possible to measure integrity as a negative number?
The dude is sad (i mean he's a washed up pro gamer living on bullshit that's like 30 or 40 years old at this point) but he's not mentally ill, he's just a dude who lied about a bunch of stuff. He found a niche where people liked what he did and then took advantage of it, that's just normal run of the mill human greed

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Todd Rodgers is 53

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Studio posted:

Todd Rodgers is 53

The point where he was"popular" is 30 or so years old, not he himself. Sorry about the unclarity

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

His behavior would definitely lend itself to a diagnosis of pathological lying. It's a real psychological disorder although it may not rise to the level of outright illness.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

mandatory lesbian posted:

The point where he was"popular" is 30 or so years old, not he himself. Sorry about the unclarity

I just want people to wince when they read that because uh, his life seems like it's been incredibly unpleasant.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Anyone wanna see me speedrun Dragster faster than Todd?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

watch chasing ghosts to see how sad todd's life is.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
They did it.

http://www.twingalaxies.com/showthr...ll=1#post945911

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

The absolute madmen

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1AHCaokqhg

Summoning Salt goes into SMB1 4-2. Also, he calls it "Super Mario Bros" and not "Brothers," and that is driving me up the wall.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Nice, but please tell me it's not this wall of text by the ex-staffer RTM that made Jace change his mind and render the decision a month early. It's a nice roundup of some of Todd's other fake scores and... some kind of analysis of the leaderboard history, but none of this is really new or even non-anecdotal information.

e: never mind that's exactly it

https://twitter.com/TwinGalaxies/status/957977419331330048

tiistai fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Jan 29, 2018

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

They also rapid fire had RTM post, then posted the verdict and locked the thread. So he must have sent them the whole thing ahead of time. Always backroom bullshit going on at TG

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

The damning evidence provided by RTM is probably the weakest. I don't understand how TG works.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Also, there's some poo poo going on here:

http://zeldaspeedruns.com/

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
I was just thinking last night that there's no way TG drags out the verdict for another month with the amount of negative visibility this has brought to their site, along with people scrutinizing everything Todd had ever touched. The RTM post was probably just where they decided to lay down the goalposts and wrap it all up quick.

New Concept Hole fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Jan 29, 2018

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

This is Dragster post.
This is a mandatory response: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfMQlvIzxLg

Well, if anything, we can now have a Gaming Scam Scale, ranging from Todd Rogers to Star Citizen.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Kikas posted:

Well, if anything, we can now have a Gaming Scam Scale, ranging from Todd Rogers to Star Citizen.

wait I don't get it

you can't designate two top ends of a scale

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I love that Todd Rogers want banned from any of the reams of actual evidence, just from an insider 60 year old man saying "Yeah these scores don't look right"

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

New Concept Hole posted:

I was just thinking last night that there's no way TG drags out the verdict for another month with the amount of negative visibility this has brought to their site, along with people scrutinizing everything Todd had ever touched. The RTM post was probably just where they decided to lay down the goalposts and wrap it all up quick.

After the most recent video, they had announced they were going to have a decision by March 1st. Something else must have happened and they're not disclosing it. All of what RTM said in that writeup he had said earlier in the thread and the other Todd dispute threads.

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

I forgive you, Will. Will you forgive me?

Takoluka posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1AHCaokqhg

Summoning Salt goes into SMB1 4-2. Also, he calls it "Super Mario Bros" and not "Brothers," and that is driving me up the wall.

Good ole’ xx_420_blazeit_xx. I knew he had it in him.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Kikas posted:

This is Dragster post.
This is a mandatory response: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfMQlvIzxLg

It's not a Darbian video if he doesn't knock something to the ground.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Making an emotional appeal was the Human Element that had been missing from the coldly logical dissection of Dragster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
sorry I interrupt this todd rogers chat to say Celeste has some loving gnarly ILs

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/223638326