Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Serpentis posted:

So the Corinth is ridiculously fun. I'd like to think it was legit good, too (albeit I've not thrown it at really end-game content yet) but there is something fun about firing the airburst at the bottom of a walkway you're standing under and watching about ten or so XP from kill feeds pop up.

Not to mention the firing sound, hot drat

play saryn, watch your whole screen light up with xp counters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.
Oh, I do. It's fun to do without spending energy.

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

Serpentis posted:

Oh, I do. It's fun to do without spending energy.

Press 1, do nothing else for the mission, get highest kill and damage count. :sparkles:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Night10194 posted:

There is no bad shotgun in this game. Except maybe the Boar. Otherwise, all shotguns are amazing weapons you can conceivably take to endgame.

Boar seemed fine when I leveled it. Does it not scale well at endgame?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

super sweet best pal posted:

Boar seemed fine when I leveled it. Does it not scale well at endgame?

Basically, the range is just a little off. It's still not even bad.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Newbie Report : I was a bad pubbie. Figuring I'd get some more training in Oberon, I poked a blue node with Hek in hand. It was the boss fight for Raptor. Someone else joined in, seemed to know what they were doing. First I got lost in a junkyard because the waypointing was butts (there was a tunnel down in a corner) and was pointing at stuff three rooms onward. Then we kill a raptor, something bugs, we farm mobs to regain ammo and energy and I drop a few times and need revives, kill the raptor again, mostly just cheesing it with the frost globe. Then I pick up the explosive and.... fail to get to the second pit in time. Then the other guy quit.

Sometimes it's hard to tell with this game what they expect you to be/have etc. Makes it difficult to know if my numbers are bad or my playing. And most experienced people just oneshot whatever. Frustrating to try and find the path to progress (both in getting better and getting further) that isn't being carried.

Apologies if this is just tired and frustrated ramblings.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I hear ya. I'm also a terrible pubbie. The game seems designed in a way to make it so that you can only ever be a minor nuisance at the most, though, so I wouldn't worry too much.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
That fight sucks. Put punch through mods on your Hek, stand on top of the vent when the raptor is coming up and fire down. You'll kill it in the vent and the bomb will fall straight down. Use CC powers like Rhino's stomp, Frost's avalanche, or Oberon's reckoning to stop it from moving while you do this.

Avulsion fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Jan 28, 2018

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
I guess it feels like there's a difference between cheesing the fight to farm it, and wanting to actually... do it 'properly' ? As I took a while to get the to fight, both times the raptor was up and about and we ended up fighting it at the doorway. At the same time it makes me wonder if DE kind of assume people will over-power the bosses and thus they aren't very important to make better?

I just about managed to solo Mayor Hek though I didn't do it well. HUD distortion made it very hard to tell if I was getting the limited vulnerablity shots or what.

The other two MMOs I played were Destiny and FF14 which both level sync down pretty firmly, so some of it is just kind of the confusion and discomfort of not being able to go "I've the right gear/level, now it's about not loving up."

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Bosses are just about the worst part of Warframe. Invincibility phases, small/unclear damage zones, and obnoxious CC make them generally a chore to fight against. Warframe is at its best when you're slaughtering waves of enemies.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Elysiume posted:

Bosses are just about the worst part of Warframe. Invincibility phases, small/unclear damage zones, and obnoxious CC make them generally a chore to fight against. Warframe is at its best when you're slaughtering waves of enemies.

I will say that while I agree, I don't blame DE too much. How do you make a single enemy a challenge for 4 muder ninjas?

As awful as grinding the arena is, Kela is pretty close imo to the best balance.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

QoL change I want: remove polarities from all stances, double the ranks. Polarities on stances makes nooooo sense (would also like this for auras tbqh)

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
I assume part of the idea is some stances fit various weapons within the type better than others.

I do weep a little everytime CorPro has a red polarity in a frame though.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Night10194 posted:

There is no bad shotgun in this game. Except maybe the Boar. Otherwise, all shotguns are amazing weapons you can conceivably take to endgame.

Convectrix, Phage.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

Tylana posted:

I guess it feels like there's a difference between cheesing the fight to farm it, and wanting to actually... do it 'properly' ? As I took a while to get the to fight, both times the raptor was up and about and we ended up fighting it at the doorway. At the same time it makes me wonder if DE kind of assume people will over-power the bosses and thus they aren't very important to make better?

I just about managed to solo Mayor Hek though I didn't do it well. HUD distortion made it very hard to tell if I was getting the limited vulnerablity shots or what.

The other two MMOs I played were Destiny and FF14 which both level sync down pretty firmly, so some of it is just kind of the confusion and discomfort of not being able to go "I've the right gear/level, now it's about not loving up."

Almost all the time if you say in squad chat that you are new / don't know what you are doing even pubbies will be very forgiving and helpful. Sometimes you get jerks but warframe is pretty chill even if they have terrible builds.

Warframe doesn't scale well at all in any way. They are trying to scale up enemies to make them challenging but the numbers just don't work. In yesterday's sortie I'm pretty sure I broke a million damage per hit when I was zawing through a crowd of sonared mobs. There's a video of someone actually making their damage roll over and go into the negatives. That's not even getting into the massive CC, perma invis, or just straight up invulnerable that frames can do. How in the world are they supposed to make anything that's doable without absurd setups but holds any threat at all when someone brings blinged out gear? They can't so their solution is the lovely invulnerability phase gimmick bosses. On the other hand that means we get all those absurd toys to play with. Destiny 2 went the other way and made your numbers hardly scale up, made your weapons almost all wimpy, choke your ammo supply, and made your powers rare (and still comparatively weak). That lets them make more compelling raids and bosses but regular gameplay isn't the insane power trip warframe is.

Nasgate posted:

I will say that while I agree, I don't blame DE too much. How do you make a single enemy a challenge for 4 muder ninjas?

As awful as grinding the arena is, Kela is pretty close imo to the best balance.

I think Kela is probably the best boss in the game. Clear phases, never actually invulnerable, no tiny weak spot that is barely visible. Fairly challenging if you aren't blinged out but doesn't rely on absurd amounts of hp or damage. Doesn't quite get one shot if you do go blinged out. Ambulas is the other good one I think. Relies on the normal gameplay cycle but mixes it up for a bit of a change. I've only ever run it in sorties so I don't know how the regular fight is balanced since I have excal and trinity so I haven't farmed the keys for it.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
Invul phases is inherently not bad. It's a way to control the pacing of the fight. The bad part is invul phases with nothing to do and waiting for RNG. Sargas Ruk and Lech Kril are examples of this. Kela and Tyl Regor have invul phases but during their phase you fight/do something else instead of waiting passively for the phase to end.

Ambulas doesn't even have invul phase and I like the design of the fight but the orbital bombardment is goddamn annoying since it's all RNG. Raptor fight just needs clearer direction and longer timer on the bomb. Newbies won't even know how to let go carried items.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

wid posted:

Raptor fight just needs clearer direction and longer timer on the bomb. Newbies won't even know how to let go carried items.

I only just recently started playing and maybe this is new but now when you pick up a bomb there's a big message on screen telling you which button to press to let go of it.

Relatedly, my proudest moment in this game so far was destroying a flying raptor in such a way that the bomb fell squarely into the hole. Slam dunk.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Honestly, I was expecting a X prompt to put the bomb in the hole when I got there. Sadly, killing the Raptor by the door after the first one is it's own problem.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

holy poo poo i think i found the saturn mission everyone was bitching about, the archwing pursuit boss fight is bulllllshittttttt

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
QoL change: make syndicate emblems a frame-wide setting instead of per-frame.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Edmond Dantes posted:

QoL change: make syndicate emblems a frame-wide setting instead of per-frame.

They can't, because the sigils don't attach to frames in the same spots.

Now, you want a real QoL change?

Make focus schools per-frame.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
I wrote a thing on Limbo since it seems a few new folks are looking at space wizards these days. Hope this helps :)

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Tallgeese posted:

They can't, because the sigils don't attach to frames in the same spots.

Now, you want a real QoL change?

Remove lenses and have focus for all schools just build by getting mastery with lvl 30 weapons.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Tallgeese posted:

Get this: filtering mods by drain puts additive energy on the left side instead of the right.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
QoL change; get rid of:

Indecisive posted:

holy poo poo i think i found the saturn mission everyone was bitching about, the archwing pursuit boss fight is bulllllshittttttt

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

turn off the TV posted:

Get this: filtering mods by drain puts additive energy on the left side instead of the right.

it makes sense like it is, they drain less than 0 :v:

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
QOL change: Archwing removed from the game and the dev responsible for archwing is executed in front of a bloodthirsty crowd

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Soothing Vapors posted:

QOL change: Archwing removed from the game and the dev responsible for archwing is executed in front of a bloodthirsty crowd

archwing is actually pretty good tho

its not like you HAVE to do much of it

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
archwing is good now that I have 4 different archwings so i can actually take skills that'll help me in missions and also oxium launcher grattler

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's pretty easy to just entirely ignore archwing beyond the bare minimum

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

put stances on guns so you can equip that dumb Gun Glide you have sitting around for whatever reason

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

kela is a good boss fight

ambulas is alright

invul phases with bosses isnt bad whats bad is theres almost no visual indicators when youre shooting their lovely invul phase weak points if youre even doing anything

if youve done kril enough times you don't care cause you're spraying like a million dps in his general direction so youre probably hitting something and youre just waiting for it to end so he'll die and you can do it again for the hundreth time or something but if youre MR2 with a mk-1 braton, no sentinel, and searration r4 mods you're really up poo poo creek knowing what you're doing

Sarcastastic
Mar 9, 2013

It's a kind of magic.

Berke Negri posted:

kela is a good boss fight

ambulas is alright

invul phases with bosses isnt bad whats bad is theres almost no visual indicators when youre shooting their lovely invul phase weak points if youre even doing anything

if youve done kril enough times you don't care cause you're spraying like a million dps in his general direction so youre probably hitting something and youre just waiting for it to end so he'll die and you can do it again for the hundreth time or something but if youre MR2 with a mk-1 braton, no sentinel, and searration r4 mods you're really up poo poo creek knowing what you're doing

*Damaged serration.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

More QoL: allow a deeper dive in missions results. Add healing & CC numbers and let me see after the mission what that guy with 60% of the damage was using to do all that damage.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

It's not even like other games where fighting boss characters is part of the end game, or a clear indicator of progression. They just kind of exist as part of the universe and story, this is the first online PVE game I've seen where people intentionally avoid raids.

The best part of the game is about cutting through hordes of enemies while looking awesome and being over powered. I just want them to fix some of the grineer units like Bombards - they should have big fire and forget style rockets more like the way they are in the Plains with the big mortar launchers. I think they use the Ogris right now, the projectile is practically invisible to me and it tracks around corners, so sometimes you get blown up by an invisible slow moving projectile more than 5 seconds after you killed the Bombard. You can see it in a video I posted a page or so ago showing a high fire rate Kohm, a single Bombard appears at the door and dies in about a second, then after a few more seconds I suddenly get blown up.

Hopefully it will get to a point where doing a mission with high level enemies will be about constantly moving and fighting, not bypassing everything to rush the objective, or hiding in a closet and hitting enemies through walls with powers and melee range tricks. It's hard to make suggestions about the game though, because lots of the players have different ideas about how the game should work.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
MR22 and have never done a raid, reporting in.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Soothing Vapors posted:

That sure is a strange way you have of spelling Conclave. Which has a multiple person team working on continuing to make it terrible instead of, you know, being repurposed to anything which might make the game better/more fun

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Elysiume posted:

MR22 and have never done a raid, reporting in.

MR23, same here. I think one of my friends has done a few. I'm tempted to do some LoR to try to get the Captura scenes from the rare crates, though.

Finally tried some proper Eidolon hunting tonight. Grabbed my flashy new amp, some friends in an Oberon and a Nezha, and the Titania I put 4 forma into this weekend. That fight is really fun if you come prepared. A kill gets you like 9000 quills rep, which is pretty dang nice. Two and a half kills got me to the next rank, so I guess another Prism is in my future.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

WebDO posted:

That sure is a strange way you have of spelling Conclave. Which has a multiple person team working on continuing to make it terrible instead of, you know, being repurposed to anything which might make the game better/more fun

That "multiple person team" is 2 guys fiddling with stats. Conclave's assets are already repurposed into the game into the Index and Rathuum. The 2 guys are probably also working on regular game balance. For all intent and purposes, Conclave is practically dead and nothing new is being developed for it. It's there to service, like, 5 dudes who play regularly and just so DE could claim their game has PvP.

It's not fun. Now, Lunaro being unfun is the real travesty. Just make everyone move faster and the ball bounce crazier, then we might have something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

holy poo poo, that buff to equinox's mend can stack overshield. this changes everything.