Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I think I need to torrent a better quality version of S2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Anyways what got me on that line of thought was watching the Sunshine S2 OP and seeing it group up the girls by years in the non-3D parts.

Like, Love Live S1 has the second years and first years together, but since the third years aren't as connected, and with Eli as an antagonist for the first half of the season, you can't really have the third years together in the same way. So the focus is on Honoka vs Eli instead.

Love Live S2 just shows each girl 1 by 1 instead.

But Sunshine S1 and S2 divides them by groups from the get-go.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Chika's sis is a terrible thrower.

Like god drat Riko's like right in front of her.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Still one of the funniest scenes in Sunshine.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Anyways it looks like Chika's statement is prophetic.

They managed to go from 0 to 1, but now that they've reached 1, they now need to aim for 10, 100, etc. And it looks to be tough right off the bat, with REAL LIFE and ADULT CONCERNS getting in the way.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's strange how ADULT CONCERNS suddenly puts stuff into perspective.

Become school idols and save the school with POPULARITY and SONGS and DANCING as a last-ditch effort? Yeah I can buy that.

Chika thinking she can just go to America and convince Mari's dad not to close down the school and merge it with another school? Suddenly I feel like she's naive and not thinking things through.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I guess that pose is genetic.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I wonder why first years don't have sleeves.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I've warmed a lot to Ruby.

She might be the cutest Aqours.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
That's just your guilt talking

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Ruby is good in the anime, not so good in the game, but best in the two episodes where she awakens to her true power.

Speaking of that, is there any way to get Saint Snow in EN SIF? I've looked over the update logs for all of 2017 and 2016 and don't see any mention of them, but they were apparently released in the JP version a good while back, and you can see their slots on the Album screen.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
STOP MENTIONING AWAKEN THE POWER!!!!!!!

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

nielsm posted:

Ruby is good in the anime, not so good in the game, but best in the two episodes where she awakens to her true power.

Speaking of that, is there any way to get Saint Snow in EN SIF? I've looked over the update logs for all of 2017 and 2016 and don't see any mention of them, but they were apparently released in the JP version a good while back, and you can see their slots on the Album screen.

their SRs are still JP-only

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

But the R's? Event limited or what? (1047 and 1054)

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

nielsm posted:

They released R versions a while back, like a year ago when they first showed up in the anime, but those were login rewards with no other way of getting them if you missed them. They're still unvoiced too.

As mentioned above, the SR versions aren't out yet in EN, which disappoints me. They should've come out with Awaken the Power to fit the theme, I would think.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Jan 27, 2018

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
dang, it didn't even occur to me that the Rs wouldn't be in the EN sticker shop

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ruby was always the best aquors

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

What’s up with some songs in LLSIF having a discount with only 20LP to play a 💯 LP expert song? I don’t mind it because that means faster bonds and rewards but it’s a bit confusing.

Also are there any Ahoge characters in im@s with nesos? I think that might be what I collect.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Chill la Chill posted:

What’s up with some songs in LLSIF having a discount with only 20LP to play a 💯 LP expert song? I don’t mind it because that means faster bonds and rewards but it’s a bit confusing.

It's the Winter Let's Play promotion, the 5 LP Expert songs are connected to goals that give out a ton of loveca and Nico siblings and Alpacas and Shiitakes and such.

It's the reason why the current token match is going crazy right now. Like, I got the event SR on the second day of the event without using any loveca, and I've already leveled twice, and I'm only like in the 7000s in rank, close to the top of Tier 3.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
Yeah it's really broken for this event. I've been floating around the middle of tier 2 without spending any loveca. The only annoying part is that if you have less than 100 max LP the song select screen doesn't let you select the 4x multiplier unless a level up refill pushed you over 100, even though it actually costs 20LP.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Yesssssssss

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i whiffed on my attempt

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

I dumped so much on her last time so I'm pretty happy I got her this time.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Die and congrats.

I want Tokiko and Widow Ranko.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

GhostStalker posted:

It's the Winter Let's Play promotion, the 5 LP Expert songs are connected to goals that give out a ton of loveca and Nico siblings and Alpacas and Shiitakes and such.

It's the reason why the current token match is going crazy right now. Like, I got the event SR on the second day of the event without using any loveca, and I've already leveled twice, and I'm only like in the 7000s in rank, close to the top of Tier 3.

That explains it. I finally caught up with regular playing again after playing only once a day for the reward the last half a year or so. Those rewards might finally get all the free URs up to level 100.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Did a 10-pull, got minimum wage.

Raged and did another 10-pull, again minimum wage.

Did a final 10-pull, got this.

Also did 2 Blue Ticket pulls and got 2 SRs.

This game has been unkind to me this year.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Hate-Senpai posted:

At least you got some decent SSRs out of it eventually. Probably entirely too much loveca spent to feel like it was worth it though.

I've also gotten Aqours SSR flooded lately, though it let me idolize a couple of them, so I'm not complaining.

The two SRs from the last pull I had already seal idolized, but more skill slots are nice too.

Also, finally picked up the Aqours SIF official character illustration book after a couple months of dithering over whether I really wanted it or not, buying it last week at Kinokuniya Bryant Park. Now I can obsess over the splash art of all the URs I'm never gonna wind up pulling!

Also also, the crazy 5LP Expert song Token Event point inflation continues, the event isn't even half over and I've already gotten the second points SR without needing any loveca, and I've leveled up a third time now. It's pretty crazy, and I'm still only in the middle of Tier 3. Wonder if I can get to the third SR by the time this event is over, at the pace I'm going, it doesn't seem too far outta reach...

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Hate-Senpai posted:

look at all those good idols

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I think I have a You and Chika deficit.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
Got my wisdom teeth removed, spent a lot of time in bed with this game today after reinstalling it for the first time in close to a year.

Not sure why I got bored of it in the first place. A little confused about certain things that I probably used to know: The notes with the stars in them are important for what exactly? What does the location button do? I let it spend a bunch of time confirming my location then said I wasn't in the right spot or something? Is it for in-person events?

Also I'm watching the anime and Rin is pushing on Maki's spot for best girl now.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Xinder posted:

Got my wisdom teeth removed, spent a lot of time in bed with this game today after reinstalling it for the first time in close to a year.

Not sure why I got bored of it in the first place. A little confused about certain things that I probably used to know: The notes with the stars in them are important for what exactly? What does the location button do? I let it spend a bunch of time confirming my location then said I wasn't in the right spot or something? Is it for in-person events?

Also I'm watching the anime and Rin is pushing on Maki's spot for best girl now.

The notes with the stars need to be hit with a Great or better or you take 2 Stamina damage on top of breaking your combo, 4 if you miss the note entirely.

The location button is for exactly what you think, gets you rewards at in-person events like the recent Fan Meetings in Seoul and Shanghai.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Welp all my gachas have failed miserably.

Mizuki pls I wanted you so much

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Same.

The new Riko... is so beautiful.... Twintails.... TWINTAILS!!!!!!!! I want her so much!!!!!

The one consolation is that I got wavy hair Kanan.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Just loving look at how good these cards are like holy poo poo this isn't legal.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

holy hell not really a lovelive fan but drat those cards are real good

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This year's started loving strong on cards.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

deresute isn't slacking either cause the Miho outfit is so drat CUTE

but hey i'm still saving for 2nd Mirei SSR so one 10 roll it shall be.

Kinda getting tired of waiting for the 2nd SSR to be honest though.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
New idolized Kanan is more or less complete perfection. Kanan with her hair down is my personal preference Kanan.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Hate-Senpai posted:

Just loving look at how good these cards are like holy poo poo this isn't legal.

drat, Riko and Kanan aren't my best girls, but those are some pretty drat strong card arts. Too bad it'll be like a couple months before they come to EN. I guess I can wait until then though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
It seems not only did they add overflow to million theater, they also upped your spark drink limit.

Just in case you were wondering why your present box was suddenly empty, like I was.