Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Seashell Salesman posted:

Ian has also done a bunch of videos on craft weapons that are way cooler than the pipe weapons in Fo4.

Yeah there's some "I just made this poo poo in my garage" guns that are way more professional looking than the pipe rifles. If anything FO4 underestimates how easy it is for people to make guns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010
Well, got to the point in Horizon where every three days all of my kits need to be refilled.

Is there a way to automate this? Free resources are good, but the kits are tedium.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Post poste posted:

Well, got to the point in Horizon where every three days all of my kits need to be refilled.

Is there a way to automate this? Free resources are good, but the kits are tedium.

For Supply/Tool/Military kits, just stack a whole bunch of them in the 'junk container' (where your crops/water/etc appear). They'll be drawn down automatically.

For Maintenance kits, Liquid Fuel and Fertiliser you have to load them manually and have a cap. But you should be able to fit more than three days worth.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

The Lone Badger posted:

For Supply/Tool/Military kits, just stack a whole bunch of them in the 'junk container' (where your crops/water/etc appear). They'll be drawn down automatically.

For Maintenance kits, Liquid Fuel and Fertiliser you have to load them manually and have a cap. But you should be able to fit more than three days worth.

From memory, it uses about 60 fertilizer a day, and the cap is 90, 15 maint kits a day, cap 50, 16 fuel per day, cap of like 60.
Just let it automate

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Huh, my caps are way higher than that. I assume the cap raised with demand, it must raise with population instead.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Kitfox88 posted:

i didn't mind the g11 but that was a wacky spacegun irl too

basically if it's got picatinny rails and an acog with a high speed low drag front vertical grip it doesn't belong in MY FALLOUT

It reaaaally grinds my gears for no good reason seeing p90 mods cos of this

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

The Lone Badger posted:

Huh, my caps are way higher than that. I assume the cap raised with demand, it must raise with population instead.

Ah, our settlers are only in the low 200s, with only 4 settlements over 15. Guess they need to be more... concentrated?

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

The Lone Badger posted:

From what I remember the caps are proportional to the number of 'successful' settlements.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

It reaaaally grinds my gears for no good reason seeing p90 mods cos of this

AFAIK the P90 was actually in one of the previous fallouts.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I've been using Spring Cleaning, which I am now aware is old/deprecated. I assume if I try to change to Scrap Everything now truly, truly horrible things will happen to my save?

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo
Good dear goddamn. I have radstorm ghoul hordes enabled in the True Storms settings and apparently glowing sea counts as constant radstorm. It's waves after waves of ghouls charging you, dozens after dozens, hundreds after hundreds :stonk:

Glowing sea became the undisputedly most inhospitable place in the entire Fallout series. For once picking up power armor and 15 thousand ammo along with a minigun didn't feel like overkill.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

OwlFancier posted:

AFAIK the P90 was actually in one of the previous fallouts.

FO2, yeah.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

SplitSoul posted:

FO2, yeah.

The model for it in FO2 looked silly to me when I first saw it. Like it was was made of plastic and pipes.

I suppose all guns are plastic and pipes if you think about it, but this looks like a toy.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
That's kinda how the P90 looks. I remember using the RC-P90 in Goldeneye and thinking it looked like a stapler. Fuckin loved dual-wielding those staplers.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
The P-90 is and has always been a goofy looking spacegun. Why else do you think they used them on SG-1? :v:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Yeah the OG P90 is just fine imo, it's a wacky plastic spacegun like the G11.

Basically if it has rails on it or anything more advanced than maybe a big laser sight or very basic holo sight (like the reflex sights in 4 basic) then I get salty :goonsay:

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

marshmallow creep posted:

The model for it in FO2 looked silly to me when I first saw it. Like it was was made of plastic and pipes.

I suppose all guns are plastic and pipes if you think about it, but this looks like a toy.

A lot of video game art for more obscure/difficult to get a hold of guns tends to come from airsoft replicas rather than the real thing, so it's entirely possible the graphic literally was based on a toy.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
The funniest one is the Pancor Jackhammer, of which basically one exists and it belongs to a guy who rents it out to movie and videogame companies to copy it. It's not even an experimental one that was tested by the army, just a prototype that was sold off when the inventor died or sold the company assets or whatever.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Oh yea the Jackhammer was in fuckin everything for a while. This p90 business is blowing my mind, I played the hell outta FO2 when I was a kid too. Still don't like it :colbert:

e] I like it fine in other games, just not FO. Otoh the vanilla combat rifle is so awful anything is probably an improvement.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

The funniest one is the Pancor Jackhammer, of which basically one exists and it belongs to a guy who rents it out to movie and videogame companies to copy it. It's not even an experimental one that was tested by the army, just a prototype that was sold off when the inventor died or sold the company assets or whatever.

A lot of experimental ones being tested by the army actually were weird one off prototypes, including the Jackhammer. You just don't hear about them much because they didn't look like a prop from Terminator.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Also the striker which is a pile of shite that takes minutes to reload.

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only
It's interesting to note that the Jackhammer tested out to be a particularly good gun, but the army just didn't particularly care to implement it. the prototype that still exists is not the final gun, but both testing models were destroyed in testing after significant stress was put on them. (IE everyone's been using a prototype that can't actually reload in manner that makes sense compared to the test models the government had)

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

OwlFancier posted:

Also the striker which is a pile of shite that takes minutes to reload.

*chunk chunk chunk* wait I got this....*chunk chunk chunk chunk*

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Diabetes Forecast posted:

It's interesting to note that the Jackhammer tested out to be a particularly good gun, but the army just didn't particularly care to implement it. the prototype that still exists is not the final gun, but both testing models were destroyed in testing after significant stress was put on them. (IE everyone's been using a prototype that can't actually reload in manner that makes sense compared to the test models the government had)

What is even the role of a shotgun for the army though?

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
Sometimes instead of fighting people at mid-long ranges with hard cover in between, they fight people at short ranges without any hard cover in between.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

The Lone Badger posted:

There's the Master Key underslung shotgun attachment which is mainly used for, as the name implies, just blasting straight through the locks on doors.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

If you are going to get caught up in urban combat, a shotgun is the next best thing if your army refuses to give the infantry a bullpup or carbine rifle.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Sometimes instead of fighting people at mid-long ranges with hard cover in between, they fight people at short ranges without any hard cover in between.

But an automatic carbine does that at least as well as a shotgun, and can also do mid-distance.

Edit: One of the issues with shotguns for the military is that body armor is becoming a Thing these days and shotguns have terrible penetration.
A second issue is the ammo being really big and heavy per round.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

The Lone Badger posted:

But an automatic carbine does that at least as well as a shotgun, and can also do mid-distance.

Edit: One of the issues with shotguns for the military is that body armor is becoming a Thing these days and shotguns have terrible penetration.
A second issue is the ammo being really big and heavy per round.

The guy who invented the Pancor Jackhammer, IIRC, served in Korea and used a shotgun there and reckoned the army needed a better one. Whether they are better than eg. an M4, today, taking body armor into account, that's a different question than just what they would use a shotgun for in the abstract.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

The Lone Badger posted:

There's a handful of specialized tasks, especially things like room-clearing, but you are right that generally the Army doesn't need shotguns, especially gigantic bulky ones like the Jackhammer.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Yeah but who doesn't want a shotgun

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

There is something satisfying with wrecking something with a smooth bored weapon at close ranges. Plus the physics involved with games now it is always a good simple laugh!

Anyway time for another Nexus mod round up. Been a while but I like saving these things.

Not a fan of the grid lines with the interface during pause and loading screens? Grid Lines Remover tidies that up.

Distant Blur Remover just removes the filter that smudges up the horizon in the game.

Miss the RPG feature where you had to maintain your waistline? Workout Through The Fallout makes this a possibility making the fat/think/bulked out options more than a through away character creation feature.

Don't Live In Filth is another immersion mod which gives you the option to clean off the centuries old dust and grime from the base game clothing via crafting.

The Water Baron is an immersion friendly Water merchant mod that ties into the games crafting and saves you time in lugging individual units around the wasteland to sell.

The mod Retro Fashion Overhaul has been fixed and updated once more. Adding a bunch of very dapper thirties to fifties style outfits that fit the lore for male characters.

Tactical Distractions adds a stealth game style close range and ranged mechanic to lure or distract NPC's away from you. Perfect for survival with the other MGS themed mods.

Technomancer gives you the ability to craft bio implants that give you a selection of destructive powers. Kind of like a more sci-fi version of the Bioshock implant mod.

Project Variance is a mod dedicated to visual variety with the games stock non player characters. Tweaking and adding a variety of body and clothing textures to break down the generic clone effect you get after a while.

Far West Minutement and this add on tweaks the faction to resemble more of the west coast style pseudo cowboy/regulator theme visually.

Ants! A retexure bulks up the Nuka World ant model texture to a more high definition variant.

Faction Pipboy skins gives you a selection of skins themed around several factions of the game.

Detour Radio is just another radio station that adds over one hundred tracks of old public domain music from the fifties and before.

Keep both X6-88 and Porter Gage Plus Deacon spares these companions if you like them but the story line kills everything dead associated with them.

Assaultron Laser Damage Reduction stops this robots beam from almost killing you.

Fatman MIRV Projectile Fix repairs the broken upgrade and makes it useful.

Mechanist Power Armor gives a set of power armor that homemade retro toy robot look.

Synth Armor Modifications Overhaul and Robot Armor Modifications Overhaul add the missing visual differences between upgrades on each piece of the armor with crafting.

Wasteland Samurai adds a improvised junk themed looking set of Samurai warrior armor to the wasteland.

Wasteland Warrior is a sort of military junk themed looking set of armor with comical head fin.

Air Pistol add a lore friendly crude but silence improvised pistol weapon using assets from the game.

Return of the Rangemaster Rifle adds the lore friendly Classic hunting rifle from Fallout 1 and 2 imagined in the new games engine.

Springfield M1903 for a more real world but lore friendly alternative to a hunting rifle.

Super Blade - Blade Modifications for your Super Sledge adds more interesting mods for those who like the new Super Sledge look.

Remington New Army Revolver gives you the option to either replace the Western pistol from Nuka World or simply adds it as a separate gun in the game.

AE-86 Seiryuu Beam Katana ported over and updated from New Vegas. Laser swords!

Phaser Rifle from Star Trek

And finally Draco's Mod Repair Center - Unofficial Patches and Fixes is perfect for those popular mods from the last few years that have been broken by updates and abandoned by their creators. So far fixes the ESP for the following mods:

Vault 88 - More Vault Rooms By Sirbalin.
Worsin's Garage By Worsin.
We are the Minutemen By TheFirstEnd.
Super mutant overhaul.
More Weaves - No Railroad By Mateodon.
Scrap Everything By Shadowslasher410 and Vlits.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

I've been hearing that Levelled Lists are no longer really a thing, no need to use bashed patches and the like. Is this true?

I'm looking at this mod - https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/24069 - and it lists 'levelled list' in the tags, so I'm wondering if I need to get Wrye Bash and make a Bashed Patch to get it to work properly.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

khy posted:

I've been hearing that Levelled Lists are no longer really a thing, no need to use bashed patches and the like. Is this true?

I'm looking at this mod - https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/24069 - and it lists 'levelled list' in the tags, so I'm wondering if I need to get Wrye Bash and make a Bashed Patch to get it to work properly.

Fallout 4's version of the engine made adding weapons into level lists via scripts possible, so any mod using a script injector doesn't need a merged patch made for it.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

turn off the TV posted:

Fallout 4's version of the engine made adding weapons into level lists via scripts possible, so any mod using a script injector doesn't need a merged patch made for it.

Is there a quick and easy way to check if a weapon mod uses a script injector?

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

khy posted:

Is there a quick and easy way to check if a weapon mod uses a script injector?

Usually it will say if it does in the description, or whose script they used.

delta534
Sep 2, 2011

turn off the TV posted:

You could add weapons to leveled lists via scripts since morrowind. It's just doing so in morrowind cause more issues than it solved and the wisdom of just editing the lists directly and have the user create a merged patch just stuck around. It only changed with fallout 4 and console mods since you cannot create a merged patch on a console.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Are there any decent mods to rebalance laser weapons so they're not garbage past early game? :nyoron:

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/27751 ?

I do not understand the logic that went into making institute energy weapons so lovely, it doesn't make sense in either lore or balance.

Pound_Coin fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Jan 29, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
Yeah pipe weapons and institute weapons being the designated bad guns your enemies use is kind of lame (it makes sense with pipe weapons realistically but its a huge shame that the most moddable guns in the game are near useless).

Not played it enough to be able to tell what its like late game but the slight weapon tweaking mod im using in my current run is this one. https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/27046?tab=description