Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Elentor posted:

We need someone with a max supporter pack to buy a goon divination card.

theres already two div cards made by goons and a 3rd on the way. The first two being hubris and one that lets you get soul taker. The 3rd card is going to be a div card to get lightpoacher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

A div card that just says "vaal" and when you complete the set it vaal's a piece of gear you're wearing

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

NitroSpazzz posted:

So this just dropped and I hate to ask for pricing info but:

I tossed it up for 50ex at the recommendation of those playing currently but have no idea on pricing.

not 50ex by any stretch but maybe an ex or two. can you post the copy paste and i'll throw it in my pob and tell you what it would boost my wander damage by. I am too lazy to manually fill this all in. The bad thing about this jewel is it doesn't have lightning damage to wands and instead has fire damage to wand attacks. Most wanders(people who want this jewel) would rather have the lightning but the fire is still good. But not top tier.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Rarity: Rare
Whispering Prism
Searching Eye Jewel
--------
Abyss
--------
Requirements:
Level: 60
--------
Item Level: 78
--------
Adds 19 to 30 Fire Damage to Attacks
Adds 4 to 66 Lightning Damage to Attacks
+45 to maximum Life
Adds 17 to 33 Fire Damage to Wand Attacks
--------
Place into an Abyssal Socket on an Item or into an allocated Jewel Socket on the Passive Skill Tree. Right click to remove from the Socket.
--------

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

look upon my ventors ye mighty, and despair

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
a div card that says Headhunter in yellow text and it only gives bricked Headhunters

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

Are we allowed to sell in-game items in the thread or is that prohibited

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

NitroSpazzz posted:

Rarity: Rare
Whispering Prism
Searching Eye Jewel
--------
Abyss
--------
Requirements:
Level: 60
--------
Item Level: 78
--------
Adds 19 to 30 Fire Damage to Attacks
Adds 4 to 66 Lightning Damage to Attacks
+45 to maximum Life
Adds 17 to 33 Fire Damage to Wand Attacks
--------
Place into an Abyssal Socket on an Item or into an allocated Jewel Socket on the Passive Skill Tree. Right click to remove from the Socket.
--------

looks to be 180k dps increase to my barrage with everything going. So I would say start at 5ex and see if you get any bites. I've paid 1-2ex for a bit less. Sadly I can't make it work cause I need the resists in my jewels.

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die
I regularly buy jewels like that for claws, not wands, and 5ex seems low to me. But as you said if wanders are only interested in lightning damage I can see it being not as high.

Jack the Lad
Jan 20, 2009

Feed the Pubs

I want to play an archer but I play on HC and always find them a bit squishy.

I've made a Slayer after seeing a dude on the ladder who's doing 100% fire conversion Tornado Shot with Xoph's Blood and Signal Fire, which seems cool.

Does anyone have a build/guide they'd recommend, or thoughts on that build?

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
I just had a 6L white ilvl 80 Golden Plate drop. I don't need it for myself - what's the best strategy for selling it? Should I spend some currency trying to roll it into something good, or just sell as-is?

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Vendor it

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

WhiteHowler posted:

I just had a 6L white ilvl 80 Golden Plate drop. I don't need it for myself - what's the best strategy for selling it? Should I spend some currency trying to roll it into something good, or just sell as-is?

I just sold a 6link ilvl80 golden plate for 80c on abyss hc. I would just sell it white, and have some patience as it may take a few days to sell. Look up ilvl80+ medium-tier armours on abyss sc if that's where you play to get a rough idea of pricing.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Jack the Lad posted:

I want to play an archer but I play on HC and always find them a bit squishy.

I've made a Slayer after seeing a dude on the ladder who's doing 100% fire conversion Tornado Shot with Xoph's Blood and Signal Fire, which seems cool.

Does anyone have a build/guide they'd recommend, or thoughts on that build?

im a big fan of this one, slayer bleed sunder. the range of sunder makes it very safe, although when i played it in hardcore i used a shield instead of dual wielding. the damage can reach red maps with very little currency investment, and a good 1h physical dps axe or mace can take it to ridiculous levels.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Sunders a pretty poo poo bow skill though

Jack the Lad
Jan 20, 2009

Feed the Pubs

Yeah, I've made a few melee dudes already this league.

This is the build I'm currently aiming for but I have no idea if it's actually good. I'm pretty poor so I'll probably end up taking the HoA node rather than buying a Xoph's Blood.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

The Wonder Weapon posted:

A div card that just says "vaal" and when you complete the set it vaal's a piece of gear you're wearing

New map mod:

Area contains Vaal Storms that corrupt gear, including equipped. :unsmigghh:

Hell make it a League.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

The Wonder Weapon posted:

This, except it vaals a random piece of equipment someone is wearing or has in their stash, from anyone in the league.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
A card that gives a Shaper or Elder item, white, ilevel 85.

Edit: drops from Red Elder guardians, Shaper guardians, or Shaper pre-fight minibosses.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
They should add cursed items.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

A cursed item is just a corrupted item with purple text. New item curse orb is vaal orb but can use twice. New prophecy twice cursed let's you die to izaro with twice blessed and still enchant a boots.

Real talk, with recent league gimmicks looking like abyss/harbinger/breach instead of essence/talisman/invasion, how would/could you design a more boss or solo mob oriented league?

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

pork never goes bad posted:

A cursed item is just a corrupted item with purple text. New item curse orb is vaal orb but can use twice. New prophecy twice cursed let's you die to izaro with twice blessed and still enchant a boots.

Real talk, with recent league gimmicks looking like abyss/harbinger/breach instead of essence/talisman/invasion, how would/could you design a more boss or solo mob oriented league?

just straight up beyond again but with some new bosses

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
New modular, multi piece uniques and the pieces only drop off map bosses duh

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Just for kicks I tried doing something with my Waifu Sword other than just using it as a 6-link stick.

I tried using it with Flicker Strike at level ~21 and even with Blood Rage I can't keep enough Frenzy charges up for it to be usable.

However... I tried it with some gems I had lying around... Magma Strike + Faster Attacks + Onslaught + Culling Strike + Chance to Ignite + Elemental Proliferation...

I am doing about 4 times more damage at this level then I have done ever, except maybe legacy Facebreaker. The Magma balls ignite-proliferate mob packs and they seem to shotgun single targets too. I can do an Abyss thingy as fast as the mobs spawn. It feels like I'm playing a glass-cannon standard build but with in Hardcore with real defense. The neatest thing is that I have permanent Her Embrace + Onslaught which is 40% attack and movement speed so I'm hauling rear end everywhere.

Of course, I'm sure when I hit maps I'll have no way around reflect, like with my Facebreaker. Why is reflect a mechanic again? Why did they nerf Vaal Pact to make it harder to mitigate?

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Did you miss the fact that reflect mobs got massively reworked?

Or do you seriously want to be able to run ele reflect maps on hardcore to save and alch or two every once in a while?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
The solution to reflect mobs aside from "lol dodge the mortars" is just...kill it before it launches the mortars.

Can't do poo poo if you instagib it!

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times

Zero VGS posted:

Just for kicks I tried doing something with my Waifu Sword other than just using it as a 6-link stick.

I tried using it with Flicker Strike at level ~21 and even with Blood Rage I can't keep enough Frenzy charges up for it to be usable.

However... I tried it with some gems I had lying around... Magma Strike + Faster Attacks + Onslaught + Culling Strike + Chance to Ignite + Elemental Proliferation...

I am doing about 4 times more damage at this level then I have done ever, except maybe legacy Facebreaker. The Magma balls ignite-proliferate mob packs and they seem to shotgun single targets too. I can do an Abyss thingy as fast as the mobs spawn. It feels like I'm playing a glass-cannon standard build but with in Hardcore with real defense. The neatest thing is that I have permanent Her Embrace + Onslaught which is 40% attack and movement speed so I'm hauling rear end everywhere.

Of course, I'm sure when I hit maps I'll have no way around reflect, like with my Facebreaker. Why is reflect a mechanic again? Why did they nerf Vaal Pact to make it harder to mitigate?

If you are crit-starved, get blasphemy and poachers mark and a diamond flask. I did that last season when I did a late-season flicker build that I didn't have enough gear for.

This season I went straight in for it, picked up an 1% from perfect Terminus Est for like 12c, got a lucky 6L chest drop, and just smashed crit into every gap I could find. With a diamond flask it started getting comfortable around 65% crit, but once you're up to ~75%, swap it out with a damage flask.

And reroll any maps with reflect or no crit/life leech.

Lastly, get some anti-epilepsy medication because loving hell.

Think I'll go caster/wander next season.

Edit: didn't realise you were lv21, so a lot of this probably doesn't apply.

frankenbeans fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jan 29, 2018

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Despair posted:

Did you miss the fact that reflect mobs got massively reworked?

Or do you seriously want to be able to run ele reflect maps on hardcore to save and alch or two every once in a while?

I saw that reflect mobs were reworked... I'm was just wondering why they decided the map modifier was still work keeping. Like, at lvl 21 or whatever they spawned a Reflect Phys Vaal zone, I almost waltzed in there but then I realized I'd one-shot myself.

I fought the new reflect mobs I think once, how much of a delay was there? Because the magma balls take a moment to land so there's a slight delay to my instajib.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

please knock Mom! posted:

New modular, multi piece uniques and the pieces only drop off map bosses duh

To add onto this, multi piece uniques that can be mixed and matched. Life-shard, resist shard, damage shard, etc. Maybe make the shards tiered with differing rarities.

I'm thinking something kinda like the Tinker's Construct mod from Minecraft (don't judge!)

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

frankenbeans posted:

If you are crit-starved, get blasphemy and poachers mark and a diamond flask. I did that last season when I did a late-season flicker build that I didn't have enough gear for.

This season I went straight in for it, picked up an 1% from perfect Terminus Est for like 12c, got a lucky 6L chest drop, and just smashed crit into every gap I could find. With a diamond flask it started getting comfortable around 65% crit, but once you're up to ~75%, swap it out with a damage flask.

And reroll any maps with reflect or no crit/life leech.

Lastly, get some anti-epilepsy medication because loving hell.

Think I'll go caster/wander next season.

Edit: didn't realise you were lv21, so a lot of this probably doesn't apply.

I mean, I did a Flicker Strike before, back when there was no shared cooldown so I ran like 5 flicker strike gems, that was great. I just was seeing if I can make it work with the Oni as opposed to Terminus, as I heard someone else was doing that. I have no idea how they did though because I don't see any other way to keep frenzy charges up.

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

A league with item sets, ala D2/3 would be nifty. They don't need to be 80% of your character like they are in d3, but sets of varying sizes, from two to four or five pieces, would be ok. Especially if they came with some of the more build-defining features that you see in D3, like "Firestorm you cast last until you leave the map" or "Cyclone generates mana instead of spending it."

Unrelated, if I'm in a T15, does it have an equal chance to drop all guardian maps, or is the one its connected to favored?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Zero VGS posted:

I mean, I did a Flicker Strike before, back when there was no shared cooldown so I ran like 5 flicker strike gems, that was great. I just was seeing if I can make it work with the Oni as opposed to Terminus, as I heard someone else was doing that. I have no idea how they did though because I don't see any other way to keep frenzy charges up.

It needs multistrike to work so that one frenzy charge = 3 flickers and you need to be killing trash in one hit.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
By the way, even though I'm always complimenting the art in this game, I just noticed the art for the Duelist on the passive tree and lolled IRL. In his 3D model he's wearing a Renaissance-style shirt with like ruffled sleeves and a belt that goes over the shirt, but in the passive tree art he's just wearing a straight-up business-casual modern button down collared shirt and men's slacks, no scars or anything. I think the artist used a JC Penney catalog as reference.

MMF Freeway posted:

It needs multistrike to work so that one frenzy charge = 3 flickers and you need to be killing trash in one hit.

Even with that, Blood Rage only gets a 25% chance to add a charge, so I guess I'd have to hope 2 seconds goes by so the cooldown can bridge the gap, since a multi-flicker would get me 0.75 charges on average.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Zero VGS posted:

Even with that, Blood Rage only gets a 25% chance to add a charge, so I guess I'd have to hope 2 seconds goes by so the cooldown can bridge the gap, since a multi-flicker would get me 0.75 charges on average.

Well you'll also want to use some sort of melee splash, either the gem or the slayer passive. You'll reach a point where one multistrike flicker will basically clear a pack, at which point you'll be banking charges for when you need them. This is assuming a second skill for single target too. Ways of uping your chance to get charges, like poachers mark, are still good though for added consistency.

SpacePope
Nov 9, 2009

You need The Red Trail + The Golden Rule to do Oni flicker. Just convert 80-90% of your phys damage to elemental so you don't kill yourself with the bleed (40% from passive tree + 50% from phys to lightning gem works).

SpacePope
Nov 9, 2009

SpacePope posted:

You need The Red Trail + The Golden Rule to do Oni flicker. Just convert 80-90% of your phys damage to elemental so you don't kill yourself with the bleed (40% from passive tree + 50% from phys to lightning gem works).

This lets you flicker forever, on anything. Also, you need some % to bleed, so pick up the bleed chance passives with swords from the lower left part of the tree. 25% is enough with multistrike, but getting more can prevent some false-start when you've got no frenzy.

Edit : Quote is not edit, oh well.

ubachung
Jul 30, 2006

MMF Freeway posted:

This is assuming a second skill for single target too.

I didn't bother using a 2nd skill on my oni flicker character. Flicker strike will kill most map bosses if you're properly geared and play smart. You can use whirling blades for dodging one shots and big attacks.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Zero VGS posted:

By the way, even though I'm always complimenting the art in this game, I just noticed the art for the Duelist on the passive tree and lolled IRL. In his 3D model he's wearing a Renaissance-style shirt with like ruffled sleeves and a belt that goes over the shirt, but in the passive tree art he's just wearing a straight-up business-casual modern button down collared shirt and men's slacks, no scars or anything. I think the artist used a JC Penney catalog as reference.

Flicker + Multistrike + Ancestral Call with Slayer splash for maximizing your mob kills per flicker, The Green Dream and Blood Rage for maximizing frenzy per kill.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Buy and stockpile Void Battery, Mathil is making a build with two of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

is Mathil like the biggest PoE streamer, people on the reddit always post what he does, no matter how small a thing it was