Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Don't you blame Daler Mendhi for that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Rygar201 posted:

Don't you blame Daler Mendhi for that

its not daler mendhis fault. its the parents fault for not showing their kids tunak tunak tun growing up. this is why this new generation of kids is hosed up, the parents are just not taking the time to educate children about iconic indian pop songs.

Nightgull
Jan 22, 2018

TOTALLY NOT A CONSERVATIVE
or a fucking nazi
I've always pictured myself as the green Daler, dancing by myself in a frozen wasteland while my friends hang out and have fun together.

Camel Camus
Jun 16, 2009

Mais, non, je suis fantastique!

Did you know: Move over, Tahm Kench! Daler Mendhi was found guilty of human trafficking. (Don't worry, not the real bad sex slave kind!)

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I keep seeing various meta write-ups that say Janna is "good again" and I'm on a journey to discover the lost history of the time when Janna wasn't good

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
picking eve used to be bannable

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
So I haven't played this game since like...2012?

And I'm getting back into it with Aurelion Sol. He is very vain and a space dragon and I enjoy his abilities. Does anyone have any tips for better managing his passive? General rules of thumb for movement that make catching people with the stars easier?

General advice on midlaning and gameflow are also welcome, it has just been Too drat Long and bot matches are only gonna reteach me so much.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Servaetes posted:

oh my god this guy is so much fun, y'all

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Captain Oblivious posted:

And I'm getting back into it with Aurelion Sol. He is very vain and a space dragon and I enjoy his abilities. Does anyone have any tips for better managing his passive? General rules of thumb for movement that make catching people with the stars easier?

General advice on midlaning and gameflow are also welcome, it has just been Too drat Long and bot matches are only gonna reteach me so much.

You ever drafted behind/around someone in Mario Kart?

Do that, but to everyone.

Also buy Rylais.

Monathin fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Jan 29, 2018

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

pog boyfriend posted:

stop playing games to rank up if it is not fun for you, just play games to have fun, and stop worrying about what your allies do so much

honestly this is the best league of legends related advice you can get. i could say something like "rank isnt real and doesnt matter so dont sweat it" but fundamentally if you aren't enjoying playing dont play. or dont play ranked. but also ranked really isnt real so like, just have fun

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

He’s one of the hardest champions in the game but if you play 250 games with him he has one of the highest deltas of win rate compared to people who play him the first time

Get Rylais and watch the Midbeast video about him

Also gank bot at level 2/3, they never expect it

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
This thread got quite bad this weekend.

Quite a few severely off topic posts and general poor posting. Can we please not do that. People want to talk about LoL and all the joy/madness it entails.

If you hate the game and do not play it, then please think about posting better in here. You do not have to love something to post about it but goodness you have to put a bit of effort into it. This is a place for discussion after all.

Thank you kindly everyone!

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

rabidsquid posted:

honestly this is the best league of legends related advice you can get. i could say something like "rank isnt real and doesnt matter so dont sweat it" but fundamentally if you aren't enjoying playing dont play. or dont play ranked. but also ranked really isnt real so like, just have fun

I dont get how this was deducted from my posts?

i DO like the game, else i wouldnt be pissed at other people deliberatly ruining my experience in it.
If i didnt like it, i just wouldnt play it.

If you want madness in your posts, how bout this: I climbed to where i was with 85% winrate over 2 days only to fall back where i started with 90% lossrate.
Im not even mad, i just dont understand how this can be happening.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

http://plays.tv/video/5a6eec5aaffed05ea1/URGOT

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Yolomon Wayne posted:

i DO like the game, else i wouldnt be pissed at other people deliberatly ruining my experience in it.

If you want madness in your posts, how bout this: I climbed to where i was with 85% winrate over 2 days only to fall back where i started with 90% lossrate.

Post a replay.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I had like 5 really good anivia/kayle plays in the last 2 weeks but plays.tv is garbage and doesn't record half the time now. I did the ingame replay download thing but those are purged out at the end of each patch so those are gone now too.

Feels really bad. There was a straight no bullshit 1v5 on kayle in there.
And another kayle one that wasn't quite a 1v5 but flashing on a caitlyn or something and instantly killing her with Q and lichbane.

One was a really good 1v1 against a raid boss nasus. I anivia wall pinned him for 5 seconds while he got unloaded on.
There was another funny anivia wall that caused 5 seconds of flailing while the other guy couldn't figure out the new pathing and failed a flash.

Methanar fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Jan 29, 2018

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Yolomon Wayne posted:

if you are repeatedly losing and getting angry this is not a positive experience and it is time to stop playing the ranked game mode for a while, morale is extremely important in the game and opening a game at low morale is very bad

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Draw a meter like a Health Bar and fill and erase it as you play to track your Morale Stat.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Take 30 minutes to an hour after each game to go do something else. If you're getting out of a loss and immediately going back into the queue you're just going to end up with a losing streak.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

strong bird posted:

Draw a meter like a Health Bar and fill and erase it as you play to track your Morale Stat.

anyone who has ever played their first game of the day with a guy who is clearly already tilted with last game can see how important the Morale Stat is,

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

The Mash posted:

Post a replay.

To be more specific:
  • Download a replay in the client of a game that you believe you did well in but that you still lost.
  • Go to your My Documents/League of Legends/Replays folder.
  • Find the appropriate .rofl file.
  • Upload it to Dropbox or another hosting platform of your choice.
  • Post the link here.
I will meticulously go through the replay and offer advice/critiques on your play, and I'm sure a few others in here can as well.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Here's a claim I have after some recent matches:

Drake's don't amount to a hill of beans.

True or false?

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You can really notice the effect of ocean drakes on characters with built-in sustain like Garen, Mundo, really anyone who usually builds a Spirit Visage and/or Warmog's

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Drake buffs are something you don't notice until either a) the enemy team has them and is crushing you with them or b) the elder shows up. The only ones really worth trying to fight over though are infernal and mountain, because extra damage is always good.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Sometimes I ping the drake and its a cloud/ocean and the jungler says 'meh cloud drake whatever' and I get sad cos I'm bard and I want to zoom more

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Yolomon Wayne posted:

and 85% win rate is unsustainable, as is a 90% loss rate. The very best players don't much exceed 55% iirc. How many games did you play over this period of time? I doubt it was a statistically significant spread of games.

Again, we all get frustrated but focusing it entirely on your team mates is Not going to help you improve and climb

Drakes are good friend. Your team should strive to get as many as you can as they amount to a significant gold value of stats for your whole team!

_____

For actual meta discussion, why doesn't anyone play Riven in the jungle anymore? OP.GG only has toplane stats on her now due to low jungle pick rates. I'm assuming it's because she doesn't put out as much CC as the tank junglers, farm as fast as Udyr/WW/Shyv and doesn't quite burst as fast as the assassin junglers.

Rygar201 fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Jan 29, 2018

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Monathin posted:

You ever drafted behind/around someone in Mario Kart?

Do that, but to everyone.

Also buy Rylais.

From looking around, and at Lolalytics, it seems like people usually grab Rylais after the Hextech Icegun thingamajig? Presumably for the burst it provides in conjunction with his combos. Would you say stick with that or rush Rylais even prioritizing over that?

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Rygar201 posted:

For actual meta discussion, why doesn't anyone play Riven in the jungle anymore? OP.GG only has toplane stats on her now due to low jungle pick rates. I'm assuming it's because she doesn't put out as much CC as the tank junglers, farm as fast as Udyr/WW/Shyv and doesn't quite burst as fast as the assassin junglers.

The new rune system has next to no PvE benefits so you'll be languishing in the woods whereas the old system was much more beneficial to jungle clears. You'll be struggling to clear the camps and then some Warwick shows up and kills you. That's my hunch.

EDIT:

Man, when are they gonna juice up Aatrox? He sucks so bad but I can't stop playing him...

Before this new rune system you could go all out on AS runes and masteries and get a 40% AS boost right off the bat, which then allowed you to build tanky stuff, which meant you didn't supersuck. Now it's more of a struggle than ever.

Gortarius fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Jan 29, 2018

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

From looking around, and at Lolalytics, it seems like people usually grab Rylais after the Hextech Icegun thingamajig? Presumably for the burst it provides in conjunction with his combos. Would you say stick with that or rush Rylais even prioritizing over that?

GLP is needed for mana/sustain and the active helps you start fights or get divers off you, you should always get that first. Rylais second item is good.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

"i am having fun, that's why i am so mad" doesn't really make sense to me. it sounds like you're very INVESTED in winning or your rank or something but that doesn't sound fun to me my dude

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Gortarius posted:

Here's a claim I have after some recent matches:

Drake's don't amount to a hill of beans.

True or false?

drakes rule and they're really well designed

Also if you're mad enough to post in the thread about a frustrating streak then take a few days off, it does wonders for the mind and puts things in perspective. I was super frustrated two weeks ago after an awful run of games and then last weekend I basically reversed it. Streaks happen, it sucks to be at the low end but that's life and solo queue. I am someone who really cares about getting better but it can become a double edged sword and you gotta prepare for taking yourself out of bad mental states for playing the game.

Dragongem fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Jan 29, 2018

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

rabidsquid posted:

"i am having fun, that's why i am so mad" doesn't really make sense to me. it sounds like you're very INVESTED in winning or your rank or something but that doesn't sound fun to me my dude

Bam this is where I bust in to say that some people aren't really capable of having fun casually with a game because their sense of enjoyment is derived from the pure display of skill in and of itself and from showing everyone how food they are, in league this translate to rank

Magic even has a name for players like that that's used by development, Spike

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Gortarius posted:

Man, when are they gonna juice up Aatrox? He sucks so bad but I can't stop playing him...

Before this new rune system you could go all out on AS runes and masteries and get a 40% AS boost right off the bat, which then allowed you to build tanky stuff, which meant you didn't supersuck. Now it's more of a struggle than ever.

he's in the queue for a full rework later this year so i wouldn't get too attached to his current iteration.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Bam this is where I bust in to say that some people aren't really capable of having fun casually with a game because their sense of enjoyment is derived from the pure display of skill in and of itself and from showing everyone how food they are, in league this translate to rank

Magic even has a name for players like that that's used by development, Spike

If your sense of fun is derived from how well you're doing, League of Legends is NOT the game for you. Random team games in general, really. There is virtually nothing you can do to affect the performance of your teammates, especially if you're already tilted from a loss.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

loving disgusting.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
personality trumps skill :smugdon:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

The difference though is Faker has about 100k more watching him on Azubu.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Nice I bet the bots really like him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
fakergooglingdlboyz.png