Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
https://twitter.com/AhoyLemon/status/954033735292411905

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

gonna have to break out the Winnipeg Windup for this year (ironically banned in the entire province of Manitoba and parts of Saskatchewan)

Sanguinary Novel
Jan 27, 2009
I hope it happens, because I have plans.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

rumble in the bunghole posted:

It’s not an episode but it probably could be.

One of my two big fallbacks for the day when I'm finally the perfect mix of bored but not lazy enough to actually make a doc for the show are pen nerds, if only for the punchline of a dude spending weeks debating the merits of multiple pens in the triple-digit prices only to sheepishly admit after buying one that he was looking to start writing a journal just because he never actually wrote anything by hand anymore and now he had to justify owning a metal cylinder full of ink that cost as much as a computer.

The other is the bizarrely :spergin: world of Furry Original Species (Do Not Steal) like Dutch Angel Dragons, Sergals, Chakats, etc because good lord.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Please do it because it raised five thousand freaking dollars and that’s crazy awesome.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I've been meaning to make a doc of dudes who are super weird about circumcision. I feel like there's a lot of crazy that could be mined from there.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Waffleman_ posted:

I've been meaning to make a doc of dudes who are super weird about circumcision. I feel like there's a lot of crazy that could be mined from there.

these guys literally hire box trucks to drive around with poo poo like "MALE CIRCUMCISION KILLS" on the side, so I doubt any craziness could be mined from that community

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, I guess it'd be less mining and more on clearance at K-Mart.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Waffleman_ posted:

Lou did an episode about some anti-circumcision people, and at one point I realized the guy he was reading was talking about never washing his dick, among other things.

It's one of those things that sounds pretty reasonable, but all of the people who are passionate about it are absolutely nuts.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, it's like they have kind of a point, but also are the kind of people who blame everything bad in their lives on their dickskin.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Quick look into the mind of anti-circumcisionists(?)

https://storify.com/jasperrolls/the-silent-hill-wiki-circumcision-meltdown-of-2015

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
Making fun of intactivists is also a really efficient way of getting a bunch of stalkers who never stop sending you infographics about baby dicks, so that's something to look out for too

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Twitch posted:

Lou did an episode about some anti-circumcision people, and at one point I realized the guy he was reading was talking about never washing his dick, among other things.

It's one of those things that sounds pretty reasonable, but all of the people who are passionate about it are absolutely nuts.

it's a thing where they take a general idea that's fine like 'it's kinda weird we treat this thing that's just a religious ritual for one specific group like it's NEEDED, and thus make a baby participate in it without consent' but instantly take it to "SO THE JEWS ARE WHY I'M BAD AT SEX!!!!!"

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Yeah, this was the very first thing that came to mind when I saw the words "super weird about circumcision".

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

sexpig by night posted:

it's a thing where they take a general idea that's fine like 'it's kinda weird we treat this thing that's just a religious ritual for one specific group like it's NEEDED, and thus make a baby participate in it without consent' but instantly take it to "SO THE JEWS ARE WHY I'M BAD AT SEX!!!!!"

It's more that 100 years ago Americans thought that masturbation was responsible for every bad thing ever (sort of like how they are now with gluten, only even worse because Jesus) so they started cutting off foreskins because it made it harder to masturbate and then they just never stopped because it was easier than admitting they had sliced up up an entire generation of dicks for no reason. There's surprisingly little weird antisemitism among the anti-circumcision crazies which is surprising considering that that is like the free space on weird internet bingo.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I can say, without a doubt, that circumcision has never prevented anyone from masturbating, ever

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

The Chairman posted:

Making fun of intactivists is also a really efficient way of getting a bunch of stalkers who never stop sending you infographics about baby dicks, so that's something to look out for too

If only there was a way to block people on the internet.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Improbable Lobster posted:

I can say, without a doubt, that circumcision has never prevented anyone from masturbating, ever

You'll never know if you don't try, I guess.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Guy Mann posted:

It's more that 100 years ago Americans thought that masturbation was responsible for every bad thing ever (sort of like how they are now with gluten, only even worse because Jesus) so they started cutting off foreskins because it made it harder to masturbate and then they just never stopped because it was easier than admitting they had sliced up up an entire generation of dicks for no reason. There's surprisingly little weird antisemitism among the anti-circumcision crazies which is surprising considering that that is like the free space on weird internet bingo.

uh gonna have to disagree that the dudes who tell me I'm only cut because my evil blood cult brainwashes people into doing it and thus make more Jews for some reason are actually just very concerned about Kellogg's views of jerkin it.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
also have you never been to jewish summer camp it absolutely does not hurt masturbation

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Thanks for reminding me that cereal was invented in an attempt to make people stop jerkin it.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

The Chairman posted:

intactivists

I refused to believe this was an established term until I googled it. Holy poo poo

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Slacktivists was already taken

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Waffleman_ posted:

Thanks for reminding me that cereal was invented in an attempt to make people stop jerkin it.

Kellogg was a proto F Plus subject.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

I was thinking picky eaters of the chicken nuggets and fries only variety would make a good doc, but apparently they know they're too hosed up and don't post about it anywhere :(

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

That just made me think of the bad parent from one episode a long while ago where they were totally fine feeding their 2 year olds chicken nuggets, because they have teeth.

They won't stop eating the chicken nuggets. Just a conveyer belt of chicken nuggets.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Looks like someone doesn't go looking on Facebook.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Dragonatrix posted:

That just made me think of the bad parent from one episode a long while ago where they were totally fine feeding their 2 year olds chicken nuggets, because they have teeth.

They won't stop eating the chicken nuggets. Just a conveyer belt of chicken nuggets.

It was one of the question episodes, I want to say Quora?

sexpig by night posted:

Kellogg was a proto F Plus subject.

The Dollop did a good live episode about it with Patton Oswalt, Cereal Men.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

X-Ray Pecs posted:

It was one of the question episodes, I want to say Quora?
BLURT't

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Ah you mean BLERRDIT?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
No no no, he meant Blurredtit.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the BlurtIt episode is legitimately one of my favorite podcasts of all time and I relisten to it every so often

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Is BlurtIt also the one with “HOW DO I INCREASE MY PANIC?”

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

X-Ray Pecs posted:

yes, and as far as I know it's the origin of Sex Power as a thing in the podcast

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
That is also true.

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

A Moose posted:

I was thinking picky eaters of the chicken nuggets and fries only variety would make a good doc, but apparently they know they're too hosed up and don't post about it anywhere :(

A while ago we wanted to take a new coworker out for a welcome party, but she would only let us go to restaurants that serve chicken nuggets. In the end we settled for a place with boneless chicken wings. I think that was my first time as an adult that I realized some people are really that weird about food.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

X-Ray Pecs posted:

It also has probably my favourite line/reading in the podcast: "If you want to improve your sex power then to eat red dry fruit, like... anar... chuknedr... and many more"

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

"How to improve my sex power and time. Not only is my sex power out of whack, my time is." is also a highlight, just in general.

My favourite moment of any episode is still, and might always remain, Baby Drug Pusher though.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

2house2fly posted:

It also has probably my favourite line/reading in the podcast: "If you want to improve your sex power then to eat red dry fruit, like... anar... chuknedr... and many more"
I'm hundred percent you imporve your sex power,and wear red underwer

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Jan 29, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laocius
Jul 6, 2013

For me, nothing will ever beat Toast cracking up at "50 unbreakable g-strings" in the wedgie episode.