Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Was the rumour he was actually injured with the sad brains all false? Like, not Clarke Carlisle style but I heard he had found god and wasn’t interested in football anymore.

He's always done the sign of the cross thing hasn't he?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Was the rumour he was actually injured with the sad brains all false? Like, not Clarke Carlisle style but I heard he had found god and wasn’t interested in football anymore.

maybe?

https://twitter.com/RobDorsettSky/status/958000860973424640

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Brony Car posted:

I think it gets his wages off of Liverpool's books and increased playing time (if he stays fit) makes it easier for him to sell.

I do think it's writing off Top 4 for this season and makes me worried, but I don't own the club.

How on Earth is the most crocked striker in the world going on loan a sign of Liverpool giving up on top 4? How many rubbish sub appearances has he made this year? In what context do you see Sturridge being crucial for this?

Please respond

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
He's barely been picked even when "fit" has he? Can't imagine Sturridge getting his gegenpress on

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

fat gay nonce posted:

How on Earth is the most crocked striker in the world going on loan a sign of Liverpool giving up on top 4? How many rubbish sub appearances has he made this year? In what context do you see Sturridge being crucial for this?

Please respond

Yeah, I'm curious about this as well. He's scored 2 in 9 in the league this season. I can't remember the last league game he started and he's been shite all season. It does leave us a little light on numbers, but I would rather see some of the young players get a run than Sturridge, who clearly doesn't fit into our system at the moment.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Ulloa has gone on loan back to Brighton for the rest of the season. Glad Leicester are doing something to clear out their logjam of strikers.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Mickolution posted:

Yeah, I'm curious about this as well. He's scored 2 in 9 in the league this season. I can't remember the last league game he started and he's been shite all season. It does leave us a little light on numbers, but I would rather see some of the young players get a run than Sturridge, who clearly doesn't fit into our system at the moment.

Also Ings seems to be Klopp's preferred backup striker at the moment anyway

Bacon Terrorist posted:

there was an amazing rumour that he thought scoring goals was an affront to Christian faith or something but I'm pretty sure it was just a good joke someone made up on facebook

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Mickolution posted:

Also seems kinda silly to say "welp we've given up on top 4" when we're currently in top 4 and have stayed there almost entirely without Sturridge's help

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

vyelkin posted:

there was an amazing rumour that he thought scoring goals was an affront to Christian faith or something but I'm pretty sure it was just a good joke someone made up on facebook

Surely only if they come from crosses :v:

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

fat gay nonce posted:

Please respond

Mickolution posted:

Sturridge is not what he was, but he is still a good finisher. Without him, you drop down to Ings and Solanke if Firmino is not fit. They both work hard and need more game time, but Ings has his own major injury tendencies and Solanke does not seem to know how to finish. Also, from the matches I've seen, Sturridge at least had a decent impact contribution when used as a substitute. From a rotation standpoint, it just seems to be needless weakening of an area that Liverpool does not have a lot of riches in to begin with. Everyone jokes about Klopp running players into the ground, but I do think that explains the big winter dip in form last season.

If we have faith that Ings legs are not going to explode, then maybe I'm just letting Sturridge's past form cloud my perspective.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Ninpo posted:

Surely only if they come from crosses :v:

"Lift high the cross..."

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Loaning Sturridge will not keep Liverpool from top 4; taking on Sturridge will not keep West Brom from relegation. It's just sort of pointless unless it really is to appease him for World Cup consideration.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
sturridge will score 20 goals with west brom the second half of the year saving them from relegation and his scintillating form will prompty city to buy him for nine figures which will then be invested in the form of purchasing a disgruntled dybala who will become a club legend and lead reds to multiple league titles

all started with the west brom loan, we'll say

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Deulofeu appears to be headed to Watford.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

What a weird buyback

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

trem_two posted:

Deulofeu appears to be headed to Watford.

I know that Milan has 0 Euros to spend or whatever but it's insane to me that Mirabelli and Fassone weren't all over this. Is it permanent or a loan?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

I know that Milan has 0 Euros to spend or whatever but it's insane to me that Mirabelli and Fassone weren't all over this. Is it permanent or a loan?

Dry loan, apparently.

Di Marzio also just said that Emerson to Chelsea for €20m is done, and that the Dzeko deal is basically dead.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Skysports are saying that Spurs have agreed a £25m deal for Lucas Moura, so I guess thats about a 50/50 to happen.

I dunno if he's still any good, but having another guy to play on the wings wouldn't be bad.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Diva Cupcake posted:

Loaning Sturridge will not keep Liverpool from top 4; taking on Sturridge will not keep West Brom from relegation. It's just sort of pointless unless it really is to appease him for World Cup consideration.

I'm also thinking about Liverpool's squad numbers dropping while Arsenal and Spurs seem to be bolstering their numbers with good (or at least decent) players.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

MrBling posted:

Skysports are saying that Spurs have agreed a £25m deal for Lucas Moura, so I guess thats about a 50/50 to happen.

I dunno if he's still any good, but having another guy to play on the wings wouldn't be bad.

He was great when I used to play FIFA. So that's that

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

The danish striker to Newcastle is off

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Di Marzio is saying Giroud to Chelsea is agreed but contingent on Arsenal closing the deal for Aubameyang.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Diva Cupcake posted:

Di Marzio is saying Giroud to Chelsea is agreed but contingent on Arsenal closing the deal for Aubameyang.

Giroud -> Chelsea
Batshuayi -> Dortmund
Aubameyang -> Arsenal

Peak transfer window.

Botswana!
Oct 12, 2009

They want what all Scotch people want: To kill the Queen, and destroy our way of life.
we signed big tim cahill ots our year

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Botswana! posted:

we signed big tim cahill ots our year

he'll do well so long as he's not asked to run at all

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I am shocked to find out that Tim Cahill is still playing.

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001

wicka posted:

Giroud -> Chelsea
Batshuayi -> Dortmund
Aubameyang -> Arsenal

Peak transfer window.

good for everyone involved, except Arsenal lol

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

blue footed boobie posted:

I am shocked to find out that Tim Cahill is still playing.

he's still arguably first choice for australia up front op, he owns and will play forever

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Reprisal posted:

good for everyone involved, except Arsenal lol

I only care about what's best for Giroud.

Lenin Riefenstahl
Sep 18, 2003

That's enough! Out of here, you tubs of beer!
I would be sad to see giroud playing for the chels :(

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Same but it’s either them or West Ham realistically, hopefully the promise of more football is important to him. His wife doesn’t want to leave London apparently and there’s no way she is letting him go on loan somewhere without him after he got caught cheating that time.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Send him to Turkey or something for fucks sake.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

T Bowl posted:

Think about the man's family!

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bogan Krkic posted:

he's still arguably first choice for australia up front op, he owns and will play forever

I love Tim Cahill and want to hug and kiss him and it's cool that he's going to go punch corner flags for Miwaw again.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

T Bowl posted:

Wenger could just play him since he scores every loving match when he comes off the bench.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Shrapnig posted:

Wenger could just play him since he scores every loving match when he comes off the bench.

That sounds reasonable

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

giroud is still arsenals best striker but he looks bad because hes not good at headers even though hes six foot two

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Bogan Krkic posted:

giroud is still arsenals best striker but he looks bad because hes not good at headers even though hes six foot two

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8R_MHAUhSBE

e: loving lmao

vyelkin fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Jan 30, 2018

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Bogan Krkic posted:

Can't risk damaging the moneymaker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
fuckin lmao at this and that Giroo video

• Locked thread