Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Paradoxish posted:

The funniest part is Chuck Todd asking for an explanation and Joe Manchin just saying "no."

Hard hitting American journalism!

We should import some reporters from other countries. Maybe those Dutch ones who refused to let that ambassador get away with lying to their faces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Office Pig posted:

No, seriously, get the gently caress out of here.

i don’t think you’re aware of the substance of the criticism at this point, you’re just so fragile that you’re desperate for it to stop

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

JeffersonClay posted:

i don’t think you’re aware of the substance of the criticism at this point, you’re just so fragile that you’re desperate for it to stop

Or, we realised that you’re a disingenuous sociopath.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

VitalSigns posted:

It's all your fault I'm whitewashing Bush's incredible crimes in order to justify ignoring Obama's

You will hang for this!

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Crowsbeak posted:

Yes, this is the "silence the critic to avoid engaging with the criticism" part of white fragility that I'm describing.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
somethingawful.com is an important venue for the political voice of black women. We are heading directly to white supremacy if their brave avatar JC is silenced.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

yronic heroism posted:

why shouldn’t this forum of young mostly white dudes dust off trendy language used by hate groups?

You’re totally right. This place is beyond help, you should go somewhere else.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Crowsbeak posted:

Says the guy who keeps repeating nazi propaganda.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

e: wrong thread

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
Oh man I absolutely love the "if leftists would stop accurately criticizing me then I wouldn't be forced to support Nazis and mass murderers" strain of liberalism.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Fulchrum posted:

Says the guy who keeps repeating nazi propaganda.

I see alot of projection going on. Maybe you, like Yronic needs to talk to someone.

JeffersonClay posted:

Yes, this is the "silence the critic to avoid engaging with the criticism" part of white fragility that I'm describing.

Except your criticism is disingenuous and also you after repeatedly making racial remarks against blacks and latinos which in fact got you a nice long probation decided to accuse others of racism.

Crowsbeak fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Jan 29, 2018

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Fulchrum posted:

Yes it is, adressing this supposed lack of the lefts media prescence in the media diet of democrats as a whole as the self indulgent and whiny myth that it is, the equivalent of the Tea Party whining endlessly about the "Leftist media bias!". THey can hear you, its just for the most part your message is ignored cause you don't do a loving thing to make anyone want to follow you. THe one thing you have stuck with the most passionately has been heard, and its effect has been to rehabilitate Bush.

Basically, you wasted your effort on making America like Bush. I do hope you're all very proud of that fact.

This is genuine nonsense lol

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
We're not far off liberals insisting leftists make the milk go sour and mothers miscarry.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Inescapable Duck posted:

We're not far off liberals insisting leftists make the milk go sour and mothers miscarry.

Leftist stole my chickens.

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/krangtnelson/status/957835717245394944

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Inescapable Duck posted:

Something something "collectivist agricultural", something something "mandatory abortions".

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

readingatwork posted:

And? She’s still a better candidate than 99% of the “serious” politicians they try to ram down our throats.

hahhahahshajahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahaahahhahahaha

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Viva Miriya posted:

hahhahahshajahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahaahahhahahaha

But seriously.

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/dsa_eugene/status/957994304470900736

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

the USPOL massacre of jan 29

a date that will live in infamy, 3 beautiful centrist posters cut down in their prime

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/957756511601672192

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

I’m sorry, but D&D hates cops too much as is. Could I ask you to repost this after 10 posters have made loving odes to our boys in blue please?

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Condiv posted:

I’m sorry, but D&D hates cops too much as is. Could I ask you to repost this after 10 posters have made loving odes to our boys in blue please?

Going to have to wait 30 days likely.

Calibanibal posted:

the USPOL massacre of jan 29

a date that will live in infamy, 3 beautiful centrist posters cut down in their prime

The idea of shooting someone fleeing from you is disgusting. Then the "calm down" at the end after he just shot him a few times is incredibly infuriating.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

We give these assholes tasers, why don't they use them?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Grapplejack posted:

insert story about the 17 year old who didn't want to roll his window down who the cop pulled out of the car, tazed five times, and then pounded his face into the pavement and gave him permanent brain damage.

That kid was white.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Grapplejack posted:

Because they want to kill. You don't shoot at something you don't have the intent to kill.

That cop was also shooting into an apartment complex side wall. He could have hit almost anyone in those buildings and he wouldn't have cared.

Take their loving guns away already.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I'm the piece of cloth the cop is deliberately holding in front of his body cam. It kind of looks like a gun in his hand but ACAB so... :shrug:

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

you can tell how effective US policing is by the fact that 80+ cop cars in LA and up to 80% of cop cars in Chicago have equipment destroyed in them the cops go "dang impossible to investigate, we'll never figure out who did this"

of course we don't have good stats on this because the cops don't report this destruction of police property for some reason

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
https://twitter.com/eyokley/status/957970577469460480

Let's start a gofundme to stomp on schumer's neck in order to prevent him from talking ever again.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
"The middle class" is the most infuriating bullshit dogwhistle that basically everyone accepts.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Lightning Knight posted:

insert story about the 17 year old who didn't want to roll his window down who the cop pulled out of the car, tazed five times, and then pounded his face into the pavement and gave him permanent brain damage.

That kid was white.

Remember all the Serious Legal types on this forum were falling over themselves to explain why that was totally legal and therefor justified because the kid blinked his lights at the cop then didn't get out of his car when it came up in the old Cops in the Beat threads.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Radish posted:

Remember all the Serious Legal types on this forum were falling over themselves to explain why that was totally legal and therefor justified because the kid blinked his lights at the cop then didn't get out of his car when it came up in the old Cops in the Beat threads.

I love cops in my beats

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2gprrUGA_A

Speaking of, what does it say about our cops when chief wiggum looks good compared to current day police standards?

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Lightning Knight posted:

"The middle class" is the most infuriating bullshit dogwhistle that basically everyone accepts.

lol what middle class?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

The middle class is everyone that isn't either homeless or a billionaire.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Instant Sunrise posted:

lol what middle class?

"Suburbanite relatively well-to-do centrist to Republican voters," properly speaking.

The entire conceptual framework behind "focusing on the middle class" is asinine, because it implicitly accepts the existence of a permanent underclass.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Instant Sunrise posted:

lol what middle class?

It is code for white people.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

It is code for white people.

Who aren’t too poor!

But somehow you can still have millions and call yourself middle class....

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Trabisnikof posted:

Who aren’t too poor!

But somehow you can still have millions and call yourself middle class....

No the poor too because the poor whites were tricked into thinking they were middle class.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Majorian posted:

New Atheists.

That is all.

Nah, there are a lot of older liberals (like my dad) who like Maher. Maher basically appeals to the sort of older, often boomer/gen-x, liberal who is motivated primarily by a distaste for religious conservatives. Actual left-wing policy isn't really involved, since their ideology is more just a reaction to conservatives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

No the poor too because the poor whites were tricked into thinking they were middle class.

That's really the magic of the middle class.

When someone with 5 houses says to themselves "I'm upper middle class" they're not including the poor in that group.

When someone with a net negative net worth says to themselves "I'm middle class" they're not including the millionaires in that group.

• Locked thread