Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Finally applied to Goon Clan after putting 80 hours into the game. As I understand it, the Lenz will let me accidentally kill myself over and over and can't be acquired without being in a clan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Finally applied to Goon Clan after putting 80 hours into the game. As I understand it, the Lenz will let me accidentally kill myself over and over and can't be acquired without being in a clan.
Yes and yes.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Truga posted:

it makes sense like it is, they drain less than 0 :v:

When has Warframe ever given a poo poo about making sense before?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

wid posted:

Newbies won't even know how to let go carried items.
Speaking of, how do you do that properly? Currently I switch using F, but that not only drops the payload but also switches my gun to my secondary.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Pooncha posted:

I wrote a thing on Limbo since it seems a few new folks are looking at space wizards these days. Hope this helps :)

You've been a big help for me at least! I'm still a bad Limbo but at least I get most of the concepts.... I think. I'm gonna keep at it anyways!

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Man I really like the new tiles for invasions. Seeing Grineer pods everywhere and the busted up hallways loving owns.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Thanks to all the kind goons who have helped with my dumb newbie questions, showered me with cool mods, and also with endless affinity for my terrible starter weapons!

Y'all are good people.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Johnny Joestar posted:

holy poo poo, that buff to equinox's mend can stack overshield. this changes everything.

maybe this was sarcasm but I'm finding peaceful provocation + new mend really fun in survival

WebDO posted:

That sure is a strange way you have of spelling Conclave. Which has a multiple person team working on continuing to make it terrible instead of, you know, being repurposed to anything which might make the game better/more fun

look I'm not ruling out multiple executions

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Just started playing this...I would like to join the goon clan, but should I wait until I'm a bit further in? Just got the foundry part.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

alphabettitouretti posted:

Just started playing this...I would like to join the goon clan, but should I wait until I'm a bit further in? Just got the foundry part.

Just sign up, we need fresh meat.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I just finished War Within

does anyone tell you where the quills live?

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Sign up and start building your dojo key asap so we can set you up with the newbie care package. Hop in the Discord as well, we've had a few people start playing recently so it's quite lively.

Well, it usually is, but now we're actually discussing the game instead of going on FF14 tangents. :v:

/edit:

Dr Cheeto posted:

You need to head into Cetus and start the "Personal Favour" quest from Konzu (The NPC that handles the bounties); after that questline is over you can find the door to The Quills on the right side of the map, you need to go into operator mode for it to open

If your question was "how the gently caress are you supposed to figure that out by yourself", then I have no idea; I googled it when I tried grabbing Energising Dash and it was locked.

Edmond Dantes fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Jan 29, 2018

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Ok I'll join up later today, cheers.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Soothing Vapors posted:

maybe this was sarcasm but I'm finding peaceful provocation + new mend really fun in survival

it wasn't. i enjoy equinox a lot and now mend has an actual use

(equinox prime/deluxe skin when)

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

I'm hitting a point in the game where it feels like everything I need to do to progress is organized group content. It's kind of cramping my style, I really prefer casually solo'ing or pugging through most of the stuff without the stress of actually bringing my a-game to an organized team. Can someone who's been there tell me which of these I should absolutely wait for an organized thing to do and which I can solo or pug?

1) Sorties
2) Orokin derelict runs
3) Rivens with stupid requirements (lvl 30+ exterminate, undetected, wear a key that makes you do no damage)
4) More Lua challenge rooms
5) Higher-level (40+) bounties
6) Ambulas boss on Pluto (requires a key and I never see squads in there)
7) Jordas golem boss

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
roll the dice and do it with pubbies if the idea of making a group via clan chat is so repugnant to you

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
You don't need an organized group to do Sorties. Just set your matchmaking to public and run through it with 3 random pubbies. I've rarely seen any of those fail unless it's a spy mission, but I just solo those, they don't really get much harder if you aim to go undetected through them anyway.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Sarsapariller posted:

I'm hitting a point in the game where it feels like everything I need to do to progress is organized group content. It's kind of cramping my style, I really prefer casually solo'ing or pugging through most of the stuff without the stress of actually bringing my a-game to an organized team. Can someone who's been there tell me which of these I should absolutely wait for an organized thing to do and which I can solo or pug?

1) Sorties
2) Orokin derelict runs
3) Rivens with stupid requirements (lvl 30+ exterminate, undetected, wear a key that makes you do no damage)
4) More Lua challenge rooms
5) Higher-level (40+) bounties
6) Ambulas boss on Pluto (requires a key and I never see squads in there)
7) Jordas golem boss
All of this except OD mod stuff you can just pub fine.

Sorties you'll get carried in public games all of the time. Spy missions and rad missions (depending on objective) often take a few attempts because people sabotage it by accident.
Rivens are all doable solo.
LUA challenge rooms you can pub, lots of them can be solod. An organized group might make it faster and more guaranteed, but people doing lua generally need to do the rooms anyway.
Bounties you can pub all day they are almost impossible to fail outside of bugs and are all time gated to a boring degree.
Ambulas you can solo or pub, but yeah it doesn't hurt to ask in recruiting if you feel you can't solo it.
Jordas people only ever solo I think.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Jan 29, 2018

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

roll the dice and do it with pubbies if the idea of making a group via clan chat is so repugnant to you

I like playing with the clan but mostly for random pick up games, I burned out on spending hours per week getting my kit together for raiding and high-end content many MMO's ago. I'll definitely ask if anyone else wants to go along, but I'm glad to know I can do it alone if nobody's interested.

Khorne posted:

All of this except OD mod stuff you can just pub fine.

Sorties you'll get carried in public games all of the time. Spy missions and rad missions (depending on objective) often take a few attempts because people sabotage it by accident.
Rivens are all doable solo.
LUA challenge rooms you can pub, lots of them can be solod. An organized group might make it faster and more guaranteed, but people doing lua generally need to do the rooms anyway.
Bounties you can pub all day they are almost impossible to fail outside of bugs and are all time gated to a boring degree.
Ambulas you can solo or pub, but yeah it doesn't hurt to ask in recruiting if you feel you can't solo it.
Jordas people only ever solo I think.

Super helpful, thank you.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Dr Cheeto posted:

This is warframe, of course not. They are up the paths right behind Konzu the bounty guy. You have to go inside as your anime teen form.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Indecisive posted:

holy poo poo i think i found the saturn mission everyone was bitching about, the archwing pursuit boss fight is bulllllshittttttt

Speaking of which, how the gently caress do you do that? I got it the other day for the first time and the player I was with dropped group because I obviously had no idea what I was doing.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Johnny Joestar posted:

(equinox prime/deluxe skin when)
god yes. at least give me some tennogen. I know it's 3x the work but goddamn pickings are slim

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Cactus posted:

Speaking of which, how the gently caress do you do that? I got it the other day for the first time and the player I was with dropped group because I obviously had no idea what I was doing.

You have to chase it really close and focus on the engines to get it to stop (the glowing orange part in the middle), then when it stops 500 million drones pop out of its rear end and destroy you while 4 turrets open up and start destroying you also and you have to kill enough drones to not die while also attempting to hit the tiny tiny turrets in the ~30 second window before it starts moving again. then once you kill the turrets some other poo poo happens and i failed and quit and am not going back yet

I'm sure its easy if you have a levelled up archwing and maxed weapons, if you've just done each archwing mission once tho it's agony

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Indecisive posted:

You have to chase it really close and focus on the engines to get it to stop (the glowing orange part in the middle), then when it stops 500 million drones pop out of its rear end and destroy you while 4 turrets open up and start destroying you also and you have to kill enough drones to not die while also attempting to hit the tiny tiny turrets in the ~30 second window before it starts moving again. then once you kill the turrets some other poo poo happens and i failed and quit and am not going back yet

I'm sure its easy if you have a levelled up archwing and maxed weapons, if you've just done each archwing mission once tho it's agony

I can help people do it for first time if anyone wants help.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I've successfully completed the AW pursuit mission twice and I'm still not sure how it works aside from shoot engines to stop it, shoot turrets, eventually you get it to be on your side and then you defend it from a final enemy push.

the first time I got carried by three random players who were clearly AW professionals because they killed everything before my dumb odonata could do anything whatsoever. The second time I just got real close with Itzal's teleport and spammed my 3/4 a lot and somehow carried three random players. :v:

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Psion posted:

I've successfully completed the AW pursuit mission twice and I'm still not sure how it works aside from shoot engines to stop it, shoot turrets, eventually you get it to be on your side and then you defend it from a final enemy push.

the first time I got carried by three random players who were clearly AW professionals because they killed everything before my dumb odonata could do anything whatsoever. The second time I just got real close with Itzal's teleport and spammed my 3/4 a lot and somehow carried three random players. :v:

Three of us got it done.

I remarked that it was nice to have someone that knew what they were doing and apparently they were as clueless as I was; it just went really smoothly that time for some reason.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Why does the codex scanner let me scan every single loot crate and resource? Is that a bug or is it intended to work that way?

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
It's intended. Scanning them enough times adds them to the codex. If you care about that sort of thing.

(And yes, each type of container has a separate entry, including the super rare ones that make the glowy sound and drop Mantis parts)

You can also scan stuff like Ayatan sculptures and stars. Worth noting because anything you can scan shows up very clearly highlighted through the scanner, so it's also a way to find the sculptures more easily.

Solanumai fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jan 29, 2018

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Why does the codex scanner let me scan every single loot crate and resource? Is that a bug or is it intended to work that way?

Scan all the things! Everything gets a codex entry. If it's orange when you look at it through the scanner, you haven't scanned enough of them yet.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
If you get Helios, make sure you get the infinite scanner charges from cephalon whatshisface because you're going to burn through a hundred even on a pretty quick mission. It's ridiculous how many things are scannable.

plus if you start collecting plants now you won't want to hate yourself when you decide to get Titania

source: I just finished Titania's quest last night

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Sarsapariller posted:

I like playing with the clan but mostly for random pick up games, I burned out on spending hours per week getting my kit together for raiding and high-end content many MMO's ago. I'll definitely ask if anyone else wants to go along, but I'm glad to know I can do it alone if nobody's interested.

There is very little in this game that can't be completed with a random hodgepodge of weapons and frames and there are 0 expectations of competency when you join a goon group, outside of a few rules:

- corpro for hydron
- if you do a spy sortie and don't feel comfortable/confident, feel free to not try (although personally I would rather you try and fail than be afraid of getting yelled at)

I really can't think of much that requires a coordinated group of specific frames other than raids (no idea here) and eidolon hunting. Goon groups are pretty good and really just come down to joining.

Anyhow, play how you want but this isn't like a traditional mmo were people are gonna yell at you for being a bad tank or something. I still need revives for the achievement so the more you die the happier I am tbh

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Heck, even Eidolons don't really need a full group if you're kind of prepared. I don't know that I'd go solo, but a pair of coordinated people could do it. A friend and I dragged a pair of MR10s through a kill. Three lets you bring someone to cover the lures for a capture.

As an aside, Razorwing Blitz is a very very good augment. With good efficiency and power you can zoom around super fast and absolutely rip through an Eidolon limb.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jan 29, 2018

Emy
Apr 21, 2009
^ Eidolons are easy to solo with Trinity, it's just slower than a full group.

You can do fissures solo, but I don't like doing them with any less than 4 due to the relic choosing mechanic.

Similarly, you can solo survival but I don't really care for it because there are fewer enemies.

You can solo derelict vaults, but you'll have the wrong key three-quarters of the time.

Almost everything in the game is able to be done alone, it just often takes longer, gives worse rewards, or is less fun.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
How do you solo an Eidolon with Trinity? I'm intrigued.

Emy
Apr 21, 2009
Grab 2 lures, charge one, DPS shields as operator, shoot limbs, charge the second lure as convenient, capture. Bless as needed to protect lures.

Volt could do it faster but would be riskier on the lures. You could also play it safe and force teleports on the limb breaks (by dpsing sans lures) then charge 2 lures and finish it.

The only thing is that if you don't have a damage bonus in the party you absolutely need a good weapon for the limbs. I use a Lanka with a good riven

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
Tried eidolon hunting for the first time yesterday after reading some guides and watching a lot of YouTube videos. Because I didn't want to join an organized group and drag everyone down with my incompetence, I just entered the plains randomly at night and (almost) everyone was there to hunt eidolons.

Trip reports:

Attempt 1: went as Harrow, hosed up the timing on my invulnerability and died constantly while failing to help my teammates or be useful in any way. Teammates managed to kill it despite me and I got a bunch of loot.

Attempt 2: went as Trinity, eidolon failed to spawn. Aborted.

Attempt 3: went as Trinity, did everything the guides told me to do. Hacked 4 (four!) lures like the guides said, spammed blessing like the guides said, ran away from the big explosion like the guides said. The guides did not mention that if the lures are still following you when you run away, the eidolon will teleport away. Sun came up while the lures were slowly making their way around the lake, eidolon escaped. Entirely my fault, but pubbies were pretty chill and just told me to wait until the last second before running next time.

Attempts 4 and 5: Trinity again, as above but with less running and more dying. Killed the eidolon after 15 or 20 minutes. Much loot and rejoicing.

Attempt 5: went as Chroma. Loaded in to the plains to find some dudes fishing. Aborted.

Attempts 6 through 8: went as Chroma again. Let the pubs do the complicated stuff while I just shot the giant monster with my purple dinosaur man. Was able to tank everything the eidolon threw at me without dying, killed it in less then 5 minutes. Got 60% of the damage on my first try, hailed by the pubbies as a great and mighty hunter.

Tldr: play as Chroma or some other form of DPS until you figure out what the hell is going on.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

what guides are you reading where it says to bring four lures and to run away from the (im assuming you mean) magnetic blast

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

You only need two lures, and you can avoid the limb explosions by operator crouching. If your group has an Oberon park your frame on Oberon's flowers and your warframe won't eat the magnetic procs and you can keep your energy.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

My Zarr needs a lot of work and a potato I don't actually have right now but goddamn if I'm not gonna make the best of it because it's a pirate cannon for my space pirate.

Fashion Frame truly is the endgame.

Now if only I could get my hands on the blades I need for Nami Skyla Prime...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Edmond Dantes posted:

You need to head into Cetus and start the "Personal Favour" quest from Konzu (The NPC that handles the bounties); after that questline is over you can find the door to The Quills on the right side of the map, you need to go into operator mode for it to open

If your question was "how the gently caress are you supposed to figure that out by yourself", then I have no idea; I googled it when I tried grabbing Energising Dash and it was locked.

I think you're supposed to see the door and say, "Hey, this looks like the doors from War Within," and go into Operator mode, but I'm not sure how that's even possible when the door is in an easy to miss back street, especially at night. They really need to put some more lanterns along the path.