Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
For kel thuzad I like the death and decay build. It's still very powerful and although it doesn't have instant blow up potential, it keeps giving siege and hero damage value all the time, whereas if you miss with the blow up build you might as well stick your thumb up your rear end for 10s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Erdricks posted:

if you miss with the blow up build you might as well stick your thumb up your rear end for 10s.

You're not already :confused:

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

BrianBoitano posted:

Use globes as bait for landing skillshots. It's the best way to anticipate enemy movements, and with the 2018 change they have to pick between giving you double globes or eating a spell.

Do this on all heroes :yeah:

Good advice, but we're talking about the AI, not players.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

No Wave posted:

That blue-skinned dead lady on their team had something to do with it I think. Red team comp explains the rest (certainly the worst comp i have ever seen).

Well yeah, I've partaken in many quick stomps, but we always got many kills, not just one. I'm wondering how badly the enemy team was playing to not even be near Sylv.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

lucifirius posted:

Well yeah, I've partaken in many quick stomps, but we always got many kills, not just one. I'm wondering how badly the enemy team was playing to not even be near Sylv.
Their comp was double support+double tank+aba. They weren't going to kill anyone or die unless someone on their team really hosed up.

I concur that it might be the worst comp I've ever seen. The only worse one I can remember was a QM 5 stack that was vikings, azmo, aba, +two other heroes. We just ignored them and pushed to core.

Gobbeldygook fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Jan 29, 2018

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Tried rolling as 4 supports in qm once, got match with a rando Azmo. We thought it'd be cool for him to go beam build and we'd just constantly heal him.

But he fed into towers to end the game quicker...gg

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
"Well, I hit level 10 on Valla, let's see what dumb tint or emote pack I already have it gives me."

"...well i wasn't wrong."

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Ive gotten a few legendary skins. Are they hard to find? I think I like mecha Tassadar so far. Him turns into a jetplane!

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

In a common rarity lootbox? Yeah they're fairly rare.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Gobbeldygook posted:

Their comp was double support+double tank+aba. They weren't going to kill anyone or die unless someone on their team really hosed up.

I concur that it might be the worst comp I've ever seen. The only worse one I can remember was a QM 5 stack that was vikings, azmo, aba, +two other heroes. We just ignored them and pushed to core.

I'll see you that and raise you a team of Murky, Li Li, Malfurion, Tyrande, and Blaze against a five-stack of Samuro, Butcher, Abathur, Kharazim, and Garrosh.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Tonight I was Alex and duo queuing with a Butcher, and we got put in a team with Nova, Sylvanas and Abathur.

And the Abathur was the worst possible. When I suggested he soak another lane instead of going mid with everyone else, he insisted that we needed him there for the team fight. I guess he thought those locusts were singlehandedly going to turn the tide.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

Kurieg posted:

In a common rarity lootbox? Yeah they're fairly rare.

Level 10 lootboxes are Rare.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

MaliciousOnion posted:

Level 10 lootboxes are Rare.

They always pull a rare? Good to know. I opened a Morales box expecting nothing, and got Xenotech Abathur the other day.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
You can run, but you CAN'T RUN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Fl02t9jDsQ

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

Which level 16 talent do you pick up for Slime build Murky? Friend insists on the basic attacks cast slime one, and I was thinking the pufferfish slimes was good.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Yukari posted:

Which level 16 talent do you pick up for Slime build Murky? Friend insists on the basic attacks cast slime one, and I was thinking the pufferfish slimes was good.

Everyone has a difference preference with Murky and they can all work. But my personal one is always the pufferfish. Having that one extra slime is good for A) doing your slime quest even faster if you're not there yet and B) the enemy team never sees it coming and unlike the pufferfish's explosion there's next to nothing the enemy can do about it, since it's an instant attack when it lands and it happens way too fast for most people to react to it with a counter or deflect or something

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Yukari posted:

depends on if you need to slow people from range to get up in their face. I prefer the basic attacks slime one because it's soooo much damage.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
Assess whether or not the other team is allowing you to AA them. If they are, then you destroy people with the slime on AA talent, especially if you go with Big Kahuna. If you find yourself having to bubble and weave in and out because otherwise you die too quickly, then slime on Puffer is a lot more valuable, and it's really good with Octo too.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
To be fair they could've run (one of them anyways) if they didn't stop to "help" each other.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.

Bogart posted:

That doesn't work, right? Blinking should return him to normal stealth again. :psyduck:

I tested it in Try mode and it does work. You get the special overlay when you are full stealth, and if you just blink and don't actually move you keep the overlay.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Malthiel:
Basic Attacks now cleave in a radius of 3.25 in an arc in front of Malthael
JESUS CHRIST

Oh wait everything else got the poo poo nerfed out of it. Oh.

Anyways PTR patch notes are up.

https://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/21387327/heroes-of-the-storm-ptr-patch-notes-january-29-2018-1-29-2018

Bodacious
Jul 29, 2010
Edit: beaten

VOICE CHAT! Let the reeeeeee-ing begin

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Bodacious posted:

https://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/21387327/heroes-of-the-storm-ptr-patch-notes-january-29-2018-1-29-2018

PTR Notes

Greymane cocktail changes
Malthael auto attack now cleaves, other numbers nerfed accordingly

VOICE CHAT! Let the reeeeeee-ing begin

New vector for rage: OMG NO ONE IN VOICE. GG.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Thank god they buffed Greymane

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Midnightghoul posted:

Thank god they buffed Greymane

Never Jimmy... :smith:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Nothing particularly exciting amongst the lunar new year stuff to me. MEH

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Macaluso posted:

Nothing particularly exciting amongst the lunar new year stuff to me. MEH

The Zuljin skin is pretty neat. But yeah, this is generally my least favorite holiday event in HotS.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Those Malth changes look tight.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Is it really a buff? His Q is weaker in exchange for gaining block or stealth I guess? Both seem pretty situational. I guess Duelist is a buff but that's a relatively underused talent to begin with isn't it?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Greymane looks stronger now (wtf). Malthael looks much weaker. Very weird changes tbh, making malth's single-target damage weaker doesn't make tormented souls less enticing.

Greymane's 1/4/7 talents were quite badly designed in how synergistic they were, so that part makes sense at least.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

quote:

Kael’thas

Lunar Kael’thas
Jade Lunar Kael’thas
Heavenly Lunar Kael’thas

Sylvanas

Lunar Sylvanas
Jade Lunar Sylvanas
Soaring Lunar Sylvanas

what

quote:

Zul’jin

Lunar Zul’jin
Ancestral Lunar Zul’jin
Cruel Lunar Zul’jin
Jade Lunar Zul’jin
Ornamented Lunar Zul’jin

what?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
New Arthas tint is baller.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Here are my feelings about this event in the form of a gif:

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Where are you guys finding the skins?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Kurieg posted:

Where are you guys finding the skins?

https://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/21464984/in-development-maiev-lunar-festival-and-more-1-29-2018

I was pretty meh on the previous Lunar skins but the new ones are amazing. The new tints too.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

quote:

Zeratul: Blink will now correctly break invisibility.
Blizzard reads this thread. :tinfoil:

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

HGC is on the Tyrael rework now. Wonder how that will change things if at all.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

ToastyPotato posted:

HGC is on the Tyrael rework now. Wonder how that will change things if at all.

I thought the consensus was that he is very good, so I imagine an uptick. I wonder about these recent Greymane changes when they go to HGC, it might change Greymane from 100% pick/ban to 200%

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
There's a Three Greymane Moon spray. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

ToastyPotato posted:

Never Jimmy... :smith:

There's nothing wrong with Raynor. The criticism of him has reached like almost meme-worthy levels on all the HOTS internet discussions. I feel like the complete archetype of that was Grubby's rant about Raynor on stream and then a guy on his team picks him and wins MVP of the match. He's a basic, straight-forward, damage dealer with a cohesive yet simple kit that effectively does its job in almost any circumstance. Raynor could use a talent review to add some build diversity, but that's true of about two-thirds of the cast.

In ranked, I would rather have a Raynor player on my team than a Hanzo/Genji/Greymane player 100% of the time.