Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Get a brain morans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unbutthurtable
Dec 2, 2016

Total. Tox. Rereg.

College Slice

GalacticAcid posted:

you'd do a lot better actually reading about early political history in the US than asking for glib summaries of the democrats' original purpose

the original southern democrats were extremely focused on capitalism. i recommend walter johnson's River of Dark Dreams for further reading on this or, failing that since boko haram is the motto here in this poo poo thread for morons, read Gabriel Winant's excellent review of the book here

thank's for the rec, ordering this now

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

rob lowe was busy doing a reading of speed 2 w the cast of st elmos fire

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

genre: men in motion

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

unbutthurtable posted:

thank's for the rec, ordering this now

i got it from NYPL or queens library, forget which, so you can try there if the price is too steep

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
https://twitter.com/kurteichenwald/status/958064059039076352

Lmao

unbutthurtable
Dec 2, 2016

Total. Tox. Rereg.

College Slice

GalacticAcid posted:

i got it from NYPL or queens library, forget which, so you can try there if the price is too steep

Good tip. I should be starting Spain in Our Hearts this week if you still haven't read that by the time I finish (I read three or four books at a time usually, so it might be a couple weeks)

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Squizzle posted:

rob lowe was busy doing a reading of speed 2 w the cast of st elmos fire

lmao

nah
Mar 16, 2009

a gif sent this man to the emergency room

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The growing ironicat is kind of an obnoxious thing to have to scroll past

so I'm just gonna say "growing ironicat"

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

"hey kurt, wonder if you have an opinion on the hundreds of thousands of dead iraqis and tens of thousands of mutilated american soldiers that happened due to the guy you voted for. ill take my answer off the air"

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

nah posted:

a gif sent this man to the emergency room

And was caught looking at some fetish-specific hentai

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Kurt "I was only looking at hentai so I would know how not to look at it" Eichenwald

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

loquacius posted:

The growing ironicat is kind of an obnoxious thing to have to scroll past

so I'm just gonna say "growing ironicat"

I got you covered here you go

:justpost:

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

idg the obsession with west wing actors and politics. oh man you played the president thats like navigating federal politics

like a dude who was on for like, a loving season, has a podcast where they watch every episode of the west wing and then talk about politics

like what the gently caress

http://thewestwingweekly.com/

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

did josh and donna ever hook up though

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

jerry seinfel posted:

oh man you played the president thats like navigating federal politics

http://thewestwingweekly.com/

i guess it's closer to political experience than being a reality tv gameshow host

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

im growing brains in my backyard

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/pghDSA/status/958064517447118848

https://twitter.com/mtracey/status/958005864148987905

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

zegermans posted:

I watched enough West Wing to understand the question but not enough West Wing to know the answer

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Itwas tentacle hentai and he was doing it for "research" to show his wife and sons.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

GalacticAcid posted:

i guess it's closer to political experience than being a reality tv gameshow host

having unscripted tv and other bullshitting experience made trump a far better campaigner than all the establishment morons (both GOPe and hillary) who only knew how to read written-by-committee flimflam

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

thats what ive been razzing on all night last night about~

either the democrats die, or society dies

which one is it~

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

zegermans posted:

loquacius posted:

I watched enough West Wing to understand the question but not enough West Wing to know the answer

They did finally get together during the campaign in the last season.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

im too smart to let my brain control me

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I didn't watch the Grammys. Did they really have Hillary read something from the Fire and Fury or has reality not actually gone that far? Because this is 2018 now so I'm perfectly willing the believe either option.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Thoguh posted:

I didn't watch the Grammys. Did they really have Hillary read something from the Fire and Fury or has reality not actually gone that far? Because this is 2018 now so I'm perfectly willing the believe either option.

look a couple pages ago then watch and give a trip report so i dont have to watch it

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

GalacticAcid posted:

you'd do a lot better actually reading about early political history in the US than asking for glib summaries of the democrats' original purpose

the original southern democrats were extremely focused on capitalism. i recommend walter johnson's River of Dark Dreams for further reading on this or, failing that since boko haram is the motto here in this poo poo thread for morons, read Gabriel Winant's excellent review of the book here

that review was excellent, thanks for the link

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Thoguh posted:

believe it was a pre-recorded video of her reading from it, but yes, seems like they did

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ed "Beast Mode" Markey

https://twitter.com/SenMarkey/status/956992262113759233

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

emdash posted:

that review was excellent, thanks for the link

the reviewer is a fantastic writer. can also recommend his Who Works for the Workers? on labor strategy in the neoliberal era, and The New Working Class in Dissent Magazine on the demographic and sectoral composition of today's working class and how that relates to labor organizing in the workplace and political sphere.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

why is this shocking. the current state of the democratic party is constructed to reward failure.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Shear Modulus posted:

look a couple pages ago then watch and give a trip report so i dont have to watch it

I did the first part but refuse to do the second.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Shear Modulus posted:

having unscripted tv and other bullshitting experience made trump a far better campaigner than all the establishment morons (both GOPe and hillary) who only knew how to read written-by-committee flimflam

Yeah, this.

Everyone assumed that because Trump was clearly incapable of running a traditional campaign that he was incapable of campaigning at all. It turns out he was running a secular big tent revival instead.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

GalacticAcid posted:

Nah, not really at all.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

bad-dem casey's bad-dem dad was the one responsible for signing into law state-based regulations on abortion in the first place so it's not surprising that the bad-dem apple doesn't fall far from the bad-dem tree.

quote:

In a bitter, 5-to-4 decision, the Court again reaffirmed Roe, but it upheld most of the Pennsylvania provisions. For the first time, the justices imposed a new standard to determine the validity of laws restricting abortions. The new standard asks whether a state abortion regulation has the purpose or effect of imposing an "undue burden," which is defined as a "substantial obstacle in the path of a woman seeking an abortion before the fetus attains viability." Under this standard, the only provision to fail the undue-burden test was the husband notification requirement. In a rare step, the opinion for the Court was crafted and authored by three justices: O'Connor, Kennedy, and Souter.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
weird, i thought women were the future of the democratic party, which is now working to control women's bodies

:thunk:

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

so lanyards are claiming they're not gonna watch sotu tomorrow nite so as to give drumpf some lowest-ever ratings, which I guess means the sotu will break all viewing records to date, bc you know the lanyards are gonna hate-watch it in spite of themselves, and also to laud the transgender soldiers + noble dreamers who will fill up the dems' guest seats.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Bernie is doing his own response and gonna upstage the ginger Kennedy guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Matt Zerella posted:

Bernie is doing his own response and gonna upstage the ginger Kennedy guy.

Bernie!

• Locked thread