Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Lightning Knight posted:

That's 2.9 million per vacation, which honestly over the course of 8 years, considering the security he has to drag around anywhere he goes, isn't too bad of a final tally.

Trump probably spent 85 million in the first loving year lmao.

For some reason all those groups obsessively tracking every single dime spent by the Obama Administration aren't doing the same for the Trump Administration but according to Snopes Trump is definitely spending more on vacations than Obama was.

Also posting this quote from the article because :laffo:

Snopes posted:

“I would rarely leave the White House because there’s so much work to be done,” Trump told The Hill in 2015. “I would not be a president who took vacations. I would not be a president that takes time off.” While campaigning for the presidency in 2016, Trump said to the American people: “I’m going to be working for you. I’m not going to have time to go play golf.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

:lol:

Also jfc at "Hillary cunton" and that cartoon.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

someone add a “whites only” sign to the fence on the left side tia

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Sandpuppy posted:

And finally, an old cartoon from Mort Walker:
Years ago the Norwegian Beetle Bailey comic magazine (yes, this was a thing. Haggar also had one) came with special glasses you had to wear to read some strips that were considered naughty. Mostly just really tame stuff like the Generals secretary sunbathing topless and such, but i do remember that one being included.
A lame stunt that probably sold really well.

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
Kreiner is a contrarian with no ideological consistency.

Trump is a genius but also a Nazi just like feminists because he is anti immigrant but Muslims are dangerous so don't let them into the country.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Jurgan posted:

Didn’t these two first hook up because they both hated the outdoors, and the red-head (Tove?) was on the rebound from someone who always wanted to go camping? I guess people change over time, but that’s a pretty big shift. Or maybe it’s just “people are never happy with what they have.”

I think they're staying at Tove's parents sommarstuga, a small vacation home out in the middle of the woods.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Okay, wait, Obama’s father was American Frank Marshall Davis, which is obvious because he lived in the same state as Obama’s mother, but also his birth certificate is fake because he was born in Kenya? I mean, it’s not news that conspiracy theorists can simultaneously believe contradictory things, but I rarely see such a blatant example.

Sandpuppy posted:

And finally, an old cartoon from Mort Walker:

I feel like these are NSFW? At least, I know I don’t want anyone else on the bus to see what I’m looking at.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Jurgan posted:

I feel like these are NSFW? At least, I know I don’t want anyone else on the bus to see what I’m looking at.
That really would be something awful :dadjoke:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Jurgan posted:

Didn’t these two first hook up because they both hated the outdoors, and the red-head (Tove?) was on the rebound from someone who always wanted to go camping? I guess people change over time, but that’s a pretty big shift. Or maybe it’s just “people are never happy with what they have.”

Hiking and staying in a cabin is two different things. Also, having a strong and unexplained yearning to live in a cabin in the woods is something that every scandinavian experiences.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Alhazred posted:

Hiking and staying in a cabin is two different things. Also, having a strong and unexplained yearning to live in a cabin in the woods is something that every scandinavian experiences.

Not all, some actually prefers the mountains. :colbert:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Avirosb posted:

Not all, some actually prefers the mountains. :colbert:

Yeah, I'm actually one of those.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Alhazred posted:

Ah, okay. There’s no cabin in that particular strip, so I lost track of where they were.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I used to be entertained by Garrison's rants but they've gotten old. They never change.

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm
https://twitter.com/MattBors/status/958035074238181376

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Lodin posted:

Years ago the Norwegian Beetle Bailey comic magazine (yes, this was a thing. Haggar also had one) came with special glasses you had to wear to read some strips that were considered naughty. Mostly just really tame stuff like the Generals secretary sunbathing topless and such, but i do remember that one being included.
A lame stunt that probably sold really well.

The dirty Beetle Bailey strips were first published in Sweden. The editor for the Swedish Beetle Bailey comic book got to know Mort Walker and Dik Browne and their gang. The dirty strips were the writers’ private in-jokes and were never meant to be seen outside their little circle until the Swedish editor convinced them to let him publish them.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Johnny Walker posted:

I used to be entertained by Garrison's rants but they've gotten old. They never change.

Yeah, I've been thinking of leaving them out since the novelty value has worn off.

toons:

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Is there a right-wing Ophiocordyceps unilateralis for giant assholes? Because I swear only a zombie brain parasite could explain Garrison logic

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Man if a black woman got elected in the US the cartoonist count would drop from them all exploding.

I hope it happens

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Flipswitch posted:

Man if a black woman got elected in the US the cartoonist count would drop from them all exploding.

I hope it happens

Insha'Allah

https://twitter.com/psgent92264/status/957416293744848898

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
You could replace the :words: with a word cloud:

King Possum III posted:

Garrison's website mass-emailed this today:

Although, you might as well reduce it to just OBAMA!!! :argh:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I can't wait for Tinsley's hot take that all of Nassar's victims are overexaggerating liars too.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
This tree is a Klansman.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

What a weekend. I'm agreeing with Dry Bones about planting trees to save the world and with Branco about the Democrats needing a better platform.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

DACK FAYDEN posted:

This tree is a Klansman.

Checks out, it's a racist tree.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

DACK FAYDEN posted:

This tree is a Klansman.

Kirschen always felt the Racist Tree deserved better.

efb :argh:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

"Is there anything to stop me from becoming God?"

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the Tories' ultimatum to their leader – Theresa May has been warned by senior party figures she will have to quit unless she raises her game" Also First UK shop to sell Lego gets special makeover to mark 60 years of the toy, I guess?

Telegraph:

UK to keep EU rules for 'around two years' after Brexit, say ministers

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

TasogareNoKagi
Jul 11, 2013

Sir Tonk posted:

someone add a “whites only” sign to the fence on the left side tia

Let's be honest. Both fences.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe
Seems like the Ministry of Silly Walks is to British politoons as Dr. Strangelove/Wizard of Oz is to American politoons.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Jurgan posted:

Didn’t these two first hook up because they both hated the outdoors, and the red-head (Tove?) was on the rebound from someone who always wanted to go camping? I guess people change over time, but that’s a pretty big shift.

Have you literally never had a relationship with a Nordic person?

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
We love to complain.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Infrastructure? What the gently caress are you talking about, Branco? The loving border wall doesn't count.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Lurdiak posted:

Infrastructure? What the gently caress are you talking about, Branco? The loving border wall doesn't count.

That'd be Trump's sweeping $1.8 trillion* infrastructure plan announced this week of course!

*of which 1.6 trillion is expected to be picked up by the states and corporations

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Pakled posted:

That'd be Trump's sweeping $1.8 trillion* infrastructure plan announced this week of course!

*of which 1.6 trillion is expected to be picked up by the states and corporations

Of which most would be passed on as tolls.

(Like the tunnel here where the corp. can charge 22 Billion in tolls for a 2.3 billion project [even though the state has already paid 400 million])

MrUnderbridge fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jan 30, 2018

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Lurdiak posted:

EVERYONE IS NOW A BAGGER IN A GROCERY STORE -- FOR THREE WEEKS UNTIL THEY'RE FIRED FOR ROWS OF MACHINES THAT OLD PEOPLE WILL BE FORCED TO USE.

INFRASTRUCTURE. ECONOMY. STRONG JOBS.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

First Dog on the Moon:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

TasogareNoKagi posted:

Let's be honest. Both fences.

Fair

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

agc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So Rasmussen has a new poll with the Dems +8 in the generic Congressional Ballot.

Rasmussen

Rising on the Tide of Hate~