Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

I'm not denying it happens, but at least FPP/EU seems to have a lot less cheating from what I hear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
oc is infested with cheaters, its >50% of games you die to one

the other night i got sniped by a dude recoil scripting an uzi of all things, he had an ak on his back too

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
It's fun to out-maneuver and kill a hacker, though. Own the dude with God Mode turned on

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
That only happens once every 10000 or so, when the hacker fucks up or you have an entire squad vs them

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

OK so I know PUBG is the game where this kind of thing will happen to you, but feel free to point out everything I should have done to not die here. I was convinced there was someone upstairs in the house since it was the only compound in the circle and the door was open, but I wasn't ready for the guys hiding in the grass outside. (Note the minimap, not just one guy).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BhiexbThWM

You didn't check out the door when you went outside, and you don't have to go outside to grenade the landing. You can bounce it off the wall onto the landing with some practice.

Other than that,there's not much to do to avoid a dude in that position.

Fuzz1111
Mar 17, 2001

Sorry. I couldn't find anyone to make you a cool cipher-themed avatar, and the look on this guy's face cracks me the fuck up.

Doorknob Slobber posted:

why does my game freeze up when grenades go off near glass
Happens to me too, and I have an SSD. My question is, does this NOT happen to everyone? Because a couple of times lately its left me pretty loving vulnerable to anyone NOT frozen in place for 3 to 6 seconds.

Accretionist posted:

Pro-Tip: If you use ear buds, make sure they aren't in backwards.
I used to experience a bug in CS:GO that would swap left/right channels if I plugged in my USB soundcard (that I used with my headphones) after starting the game instead of beforehand. Took a few times getting shot in the arse to figure that one out.

Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

Died to a hacker in FFP Duos the other night in what was probably the saddest instance of cheating I've personally experienced. The hacker was also shepherding another (more legit) duo. The pair would follow the hacker around at a safe distance while letting him get all the kills. Looked up the stats for their one game played. Cheater had 17kd with one loss. The duo had 1 kill between them for their only win. Not hard to deduce how that game played out.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Sparticle posted:

Died to a hacker in FFP Duos the other night in what was probably the saddest instance of cheating I've personally experienced. The hacker was also shepherding another (more legit) duo. The pair would follow the hacker around at a safe distance while letting him get all the kills. Looked up the stats for their one game played. Cheater had 17kd with one loss. The duo had 1 kill between them for their only win. Not hard to deduce how that game played out.

can you imagine being such a worthless fuckup at pubg that you find it entertaining to be a duo that merely follows a hacking player? lmao

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

BraveUlysses posted:

can you imagine being such a worthless fuckup at pubg that you find it entertaining to be a duo that merely follows a hacking player? lmao

I think the point was that they didn't merely follow the hacker, they killed the hacker after the hacker killed everyone else for an easy win.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

cyanidewolf posted:

I don't think you should, you might get this however: https://gfycat.com/MammothLikelyKestrel

If you don't, enjoy lighter shadows.

I'm not getting that anymore after last update. And it's still ridiculous:

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord

BraveUlysses posted:

From catching people out cheating at large organised Lans and events back in the day they are literally some of the saddest people who need to validate their existence beating people online via any means possible, that or just poo poo head kids who love ruining everything just because they can. People are the worst though not just in videogames.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Regrettable posted:

I think the point was that they didn't merely follow the hacker, they killed the hacker after the hacker killed everyone else for an easy win.

So the hacker is like a throwaway account for a guy cheating his way to victory? That's nasty.

Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

Elentor posted:

So the hacker is like a throwaway account for a guy cheating his way to victory? That's nasty.

They were all new accounts but only the hacker had a gibberish name so I guess the other two don't expect to be banned. It's probably just a trio of teens and only one of them bothered to buy hacks.

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

Sparticle posted:

They were all new accounts but only the hacker had a gibberish name so I guess the other two don't expect to be banned. It's probably just a trio of teens and only one of them bothered to buy hacks.

It's either use of a throwaway account to cheat while avoiding bans on the "real" accounts by automated 3rd party program detection or Chinese farmers are selling it as a service to pump up accounts. Extra bonus points if the hacking account used a stolen credit card number to buy the game (a common thing with Chinese farmers).

Warbadger fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Jan 29, 2018

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

well this was entertaining

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMSQBQGmJ3M

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

OK so I know PUBG is the game where this kind of thing will happen to you, but feel free to point out everything I should have done to not die here. I was convinced there was someone upstairs in the house since it was the only compound in the circle and the door was open, but I wasn't ready for the guys hiding in the grass outside. (Note the minimap, not just one guy).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BhiexbThWM

what others have said about playing the angles is very pertinent, but also know that you can peak that type of staircase by jumping up and down at the bottom and it doesn't leave you that exposed to fire from most hiding spots on the landing. if there is a guy upstairs and he's peaking out of one of the rooms then where you were placing your grenade probably wouldn't have flushed him out anyway.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

BraveUlysses posted:

im guessing you reported him and guess what? still playing, still hacking like crazy

I reported a guy on the PUBG forums which was how you were supposed to do it before there was a report button... got a reply a MONTH later saying the guy had been banned. Dude had like a 40KDR or something when I reported him.

They aren't doing poo poo about hackers. These guys should be autobanned at the very least after their 2nd or 3rd game with 35+ kills. It can't be that loving hard to run some simple metrics. Also dude must have had like 100+ reports.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

what others have said about playing the angles is very pertinent, but also know that you can peak that type of staircase by jumping up and down at the bottom and it doesn't leave you that exposed to fire from most hiding spots on the landing. if there is a guy upstairs and he's peaking out of one of the rooms then where you were placing your grenade probably wouldn't have flushed him out anyway.

Thanks to everyone who chimed in with feedback! I appreciate you taking your time. Will definitely consider all of these in the future.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

BraveUlysses posted:

im guessing you reported him and guess what? still playing, still hacking like crazy

https://pubgtracker.com/profile/pc/digits553/squad?region=agg

AVG DMG PER MATCH

K/D RATIO

I don't know, three matches in the 2018 season? Doesn't look like he's still playing to me.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

BraveUlysses posted:

https://pubgtracker.com/profile/pc/digits553/squad?region=agg

AVG DMG PER MATCH

K/D RATIO

https://pubg.op.gg/user/digits553?server=sea

He's played three total games, 8 days ago. Doesn't seem like he's still playing.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Groovelord Neato posted:

lol i love that he doesn't use a gun that even gives a sniff of deniability.

why does bluehole not have an autoban thing. it's impossible to have 65 kda from a single match let alone over the course of a bunch of games.

Me and a couple of goons have had KDR’s that high before. If your team wins, you don’t take a death in your stats, even if you died. So if you roll a bunch of easy games early season it’s more than possible. Or if you just go play on Asia and you’re any good.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Christ. I’m sitting at something like 0.33 in Solo FPP. I’d be happy w/ a KDR of 1.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Removed? :( I watched it yesterday and linked it a bunch . Now it's gone.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

VulgarandStupid posted:

If your team wins, you don’t take a death in your stats, even if you died.

this is quite dumb.

Fancy_Lad
May 15, 2003
Would you like to buy a monkey?
Hey folks, always have a lookout when you loot! :eng101:
https://plays.tv/video/5a6ead91a13bf4301d/cautionary-tale-about-not-having-situational-awareness-when-being-loot-goblin-

We were too cautious and took too long sifting through the mountain of loot that we died to the zone, but oh how well we were geared! :eng99:

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

So apparently you can queue exclusively for miramar or erangle by renaming a few files: https://www.reddit.com/r/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/comments/7tqwyd/so_i_took_the_miramar_files_out_of_the_game_and/

I'd love to do that, but worry it will result in a ban eventually.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
It's here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AtcaspHKRg

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

These videos are sooooooo good.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

This is great. I was really hoping that final rocket car would smash into someone on the other side of the map

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I still wait for the day that I make it into the video as somebody who died to some amazing shot.

Fantastipotamus
Nov 19, 2002

Nothing's wrong. Nothing is wrong. Everything is on track.

Hockles posted:

I still wait for the day that I make it into the video as somebody who died to some amazing shot.
Same!

In a recent :doh: moment; ~10 people left on Erangel. tough circle placement, straddling the wide river in the south, with only a tiny sliver of land to the north. I was on the north/wrong side, so started to swim across and was being shot by a gillie-suit clad sniper also on the same side. He and I both realized we were hosed as the circle was shrinking shortly and moving across the river, but we also realized there was a boat between us. We both broke for it, and got there at nearly the same time. He... got in the drivers seat, and (probably unbeknownst to him) I got in behind him.

What I should have done: nothing! sat quietly in the back until we cleared the circle (maaaaybe try to heal - but that prob would have given me away). He couldn’t see me, as we were in FPP and I was directly behind him. Then try to pick him off at the other shore.

What I did do: shoot him in the back, killing him. The boat stops, and I die outside the play zone due to low health. Oops. Had I had chat on, I’m sure he would have had some choice words. :angel:

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Fantastipotamus posted:

What I did do: shoot him in the back, killing him. The boat stops, and I die outside the play zone due to low health. Oops. Had I had chat on, I’m sure he would have had some choice words. :angel:

Ctrl-1 gets you in the drivers seat from any other seat. You could have kept going, no reason not to kill him!

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Had a hilarious time the other day. I dropped on triple islands solo on Miramar and managed to stay in the next three circles on the small island. Got a long distance kill with a Kar98 and an 8x. Ended up getting top 4 because another guy came right up to the shore I ended up having to swim to. If I had remembered to park the boat in the circle I might have had a shot. Whoops!

Also the guy I killed was getting lit up, so my post game screen showed 20 kill points and 0 hit points.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!

one point oh

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

Fantastipotamus posted:

A scorpion and a frog meet on the bank of a stream and the
scorpion asks the frog to carry him across on its back. The
frog asks, "How do I know you won't sting me?" The scorpion
says, "Because if I do, I will die too."

The frog is satisfied, and they set out, but in midstream,
the scorpion stings the frog. The frog feels the onset of
paralysis and starts to sink, knowing they both will drown,
but has just enough time to gasp "Why?"

Replies the scorpion: "Its my nature..."

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Next lobby I'm gonna find out who's playing w/ speakers and also has an Alexa…

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

After not being able to play for a few days I spent most of yesterday afternoon playing (poorly). However during that run was one of the most ridiculous games I've been a part of.

Drop into a pretty populated zone. I had planned to duck into the adjacent building to get guns when I notice someone running at me so I figured "gently caress it" and squared up. We're trading punches and I'm almost dead when the other player starts running away, so I take off after them. After about 5 minutes of them trying to get separated from me, they try to zig out of the way and zagged into a punch I finally timed right and die.

We were just over a hill from a group of buildings so I figured I'd run there and hope I could get some useful items. As I'm almost over the crest of the hill another, fully armed player, comes into view. I am resigned to dying instantly, but apparently they did not see me and kept running past me. So I started chasing them.

This chase didn't last very long because they didn't know I was there and when they slowed down, I punched him in the back of the head. They spun, killed me, then died looting my empty corpse.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

highme posted:

We were just over a hill from a group of buildings so I figured I'd run there and hope I could get some useful items. As I'm almost over the crest of the hill another, fully armed player, comes into view. I am resigned to dying instantly, but apparently they did not see me and kept running past me. So I started chasing them.

This chase didn't last very long because they didn't know I was there and when they slowed down, I punched him in the back of the head. They spun, killed me, then died looting my empty corpse.

Did you consider turning on your voice chat and challenging them to honorable fisticuffs?

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Can the pan block a hit from the crowbar or machete like a shield?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Star Man posted:

Can the pan block a hit from the crowbar or machete like a shield?

Yes, but it's a bit hard to pull off intentionally.