Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

sticksy posted:

He has his own logo, just like Michael Jordan.

Oh dear christ he's got it on his own phone case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Phwoooooar, can't wait to see another Genuine Italian™️ team in F1 again.

https://twitter.com/SauberF1Team/status/957908865965871104

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

tempted of doing my very own drink review right now.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

mrfart posted:

tempted of doing my very own drink review right now.

I know I’ve seen those at the bougie supermarket here (they are eye-poppingly expensive here but idk what they cost in the US or Europe). Also, I thought the Swiss called it an Erdapfel or is that too rustic even for them?

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Pirate Radar posted:

I know I’ve seen those at the bougie supermarket here (they are eye-poppingly expensive here but idk what they cost in the US or Europe). Also, I thought the Swiss called it an Erdapfel or is that too rustic even for them?
Probably aiming for that massive german potato drinking market.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Pirate Radar posted:

It just says potato in German, French and English. Not sure how rustic that is.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

1500quidporsche posted:

It just says potato in German, French and English. Not sure how rustic that is.

I know, just thought there was a different word in Swiss German. Maybe that’s a Romansch thing and I’m remembering wrong.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Google says that thing is from 1995? But the engine looks like a nearly part for part copy of a 1950s/60s Gilera or MV. Air cooled, ridiculously wide valve angle, ancient technology. Man, Ferrari are bad.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Google says that thing is from 1995? But the engine looks like a nearly part for part copy of a 1950s/60s Gilera or MV. Air cooled, ridiculously wide valve angle, ancient technology. Man, Ferrari are bad.

dont troll

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
I had a dream i ate a completo and got into a fight with a street nazi, thanks for the prodromal schizophrenia, worst thread.

edit: wirth educated me on the type of schizophrenia ive gained

OhsH fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jan 29, 2018

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

This is the most Austrian thing in the world lmbo:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/wolff-marchionne-management-style-mercedes-ferrari-1000043/

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Give this man the Nobel Peace Prize

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
I identify as a Cis-gendered man, but I'm going to go buy some dresses and wear them to work to support Our Lewis' struggle for LGBTQ+ equality

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
they should ban him from the sport for that loving hair alone

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

I will admit, the lack of a Mansell moustache is hurting Lewis slightly. While I'm not against a full ban, they'd have to ban everyone else who isn't Nigel Mansell first and I think it's important to the sport that there is at least the illusion of competition for Lewis this season.

The Unfetered One
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax

NtotheTC posted:

I will admit, the lack of a Mansell moustache is hurting Lewis slightly. While I'm not against a full ban, they'd have to ban everyone else who isn't Nigel Mansell first and I think it's important to the sport that there is at least the illusion of competition for Lewis this season.

I was with you with Mansell, but you lost me with Hamilton.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

OhsH posted:

I had a dream i ate a completo and got into a fight with a street nazi

:same:

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

DoctorGonzo posted:

Harsh but fair

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

It's almost like he's advertising his hair line has gone

Gmaz
Apr 3, 2011

New DLC for Aoe2 is out: Dynasties of India
I didn't realize they were making a documentary series about McLarens 2017 season, they were recording it as the season went along. Gonna be some tasty stuff there I hope.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/McLarenF1/status/958294259425300480

Can't wait to see Toyota Fail At Winning LeMans Again Even When They Have No Competition Whatsoever

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

track day bro! posted:

https://twitter.com/McLarenF1/status/958294259425300480

Can't wait to see Toyota Fail At Winning LeMans Again Even When They Have No Competition Whatsoever

So this year Mclaren is also a piece of poo poo?

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

There is no way in hell a Toyota being driven by Alonso makes it to the finish line of a race

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Update on my kid’s F1 dreams. We got to the final interview/culling the not absolutely deathly serious applicants stage, and betwixt me posting about it and now the place also became a partner with McLaren. They said they have no problem with entering her in the lottery for engineering and are also entering her in the lottery for the computer based course. Find out end of March. Still 1 in about 1000 chance but 1 chance is better than no chance.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

How brilliant was it for Formula E to design a car so abhorrently ugly that no one will even notice it has a halo?

https://twitter.com/LucasdiGrassi/status/958313103485059072

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

wicka posted:

How brilliant was it for Formula E to design a car so abhorrently ugly that no one will even notice it has a halo?

Alternatively: if you design the livery with a halo in mind it doesn't stand out as much as a prototype being bolted on

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Tsaedje posted:

Alternatively: if you design the livery with a halo in mind it doesn't stand out as much as a prototype being bolted on

True, but still, that's the worst race car I've ever seen.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Could be worse

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

wicka posted:

It just looks like the same bad chassis they've been using for ages but they asked the designer to 'blade runner' it up

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Looks like they realised that a rear wing is pretty much pointless at the speeds they go in formula e and just causes yellow flags when the bad drivers rear end each other

andyf
May 18, 2008

happy car is happy

Oh hey Lauda bought his old airline back. It's going to be ... LaudaMotion

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

learnincurve posted:

Update on my kid’s F1 dreams. We got to the final interview/culling the not absolutely deathly serious applicants stage, and betwixt me posting about it and now the place also became a partner with McLaren. They said they have no problem with entering her in the lottery for engineering and are also entering her in the lottery for the computer based course. Find out end of March. Still 1 in about 1000 chance but 1 chance is better than no chance.

I drove past a new building on Sheffield Parkway last week that’s now been badged as McLaren. Weird.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

learnincurve posted:

Good luck.

She should apply for a good team like Scuderia Ferrari

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

True, but still, that's the worst race car I've ever seen.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

How do I always forget how bad that loving livery was?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

monkeytennis posted:

I drove past a new building on Sheffield Parkway last week that’s now been badged as McLaren. Weird.

It’s McLaren’s new road car base, and they are chumming up with Sheffield Uni and Sheffield Hallam Uni in an attempt to bagsie the best students before they immediately (and understandably) gently caress off to the German auto industry the moment they graduate.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

wicka posted:

Counterpoint: that car looks better than any f1 car for the past 20 years and if formula-e cars weren't driven by a bunch of has beens I don't care about and had a battery that could last a whole race I'd watch the poo poo out of it

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

NtotheTC posted:

There is no way in hell a Toyota being driven by Alonso makes it to the finish line of a race

it's going to be so bad it wraps back around, like Gandhi nuking fools in Civilization games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

NtotheTC posted:

Counterpoint: that car looks better than any f1 car for the past 20 years and if formula-e cars weren't driven by a bunch of has beens I don't care about and had a battery that could last a whole race I'd watch the poo poo out of it

Counterpoint: it's a four-wheeled holocaust

• Locked thread