Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Aphrodite posted:

You don't buy the Xbox One X.
As much as I'd like to prove that the Xbox One X is statistically equivalent to an error in measurement I think that might be a slight exaggeration

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
You buy the Xbox One X and talk about how every game looks awesome on it so some jerk off gets really mad online about it. It fuckin' owns.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Why even have an X if you're unable to tell what good performance/textures are?

I can't wait for the Digital Foundry review. It's no coincidence they didn't post it in the launch week.

I, too, cannot wait for some British guys to tell me what to think.

Le Saboteur posted:

You buy the Xbox One X and talk about how every game looks awesome on it so some jerk off gets really mad online about it. It fuckin' owns.

B-b-b-but Digital Foundry s-said...

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I, too, cannot wait for some British guys to tell me what to think.

B-b-b-but Digital Foundry s-said...

Maybe don't tie your identity up in a failing console? That way you won't have to run interference all the time.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Fame Douglas posted:

Maybe don't tie your identity up in a failing console? That way you won't have to run interference all the time.

Oh, forums poster Fame Douglas, learn to let go, unlike the people at Digital Foundry and those under their thrall.

;)

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I will practice the art of the zen.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Fame Douglas posted:

He's not tied up with the PS4 though? :confused:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fame Douglas posted:

What the gently caress

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
<rushes into the Xbox thread waving a handful of japanese PS4 sales spreadsheets, printed out>

no it's u that console warrs

vkeios
May 7, 2007

U idiots. As an owner of a Pro, I can assure you that the X is just as much of a waste of money as the pro.

Also monster hunter is actually good. Since it’s a 3DS game.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Did you guys hear they're ramping down X production because of bad sales?

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

That wouldn't be surprising. In terms of it's hardware cost isn't each console sale a net loss for them any ways?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Aphrodite posted:

Fake news. X gonna give it to ya

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Aphrodite posted:

No I didn’t, but I did hear that the Xbox One has the Wrong Kind Of RAM

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i dont believe it

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Real hurthling! posted:

I bought my Xbox One X video game console so I could brag about owning one. I don't actually use it for anything but watching YouTube videos of people criticizing the world's most powerful video game console.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I use mine to watch twitch streams of PS4 "how to change the battery in your Dualshock 4" videos while leaving my PS4 off because the controller is dead and the phone charger I have is charging my phone because I'm watching other twitch streams of other exclusive PS4 remasters of PS3 games on it, constantly, using the Xbox app of course, while my set of eneloops sits there in sad decline and wishing they were 'the future' like a controller that has a kinect-level gimmick taking up 50% of the usable space on it and doesn't take lmao antique batteries, in the future everyone's TV remote control is charged with a phone cable plugged into the wall

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Monster hunter owns you fuckin' nerds.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

I bought the dragonball fighter game so I am waiting to get paid again before I purchase more videogames. It looks fun enough though. Too bad you can't do any local coop. Split screen would be super cool for my son and I to play together with.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

This is the first video that has made Sea of Thieves look somewhat cool to me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7wPy3X8fyA

Very thankful that I don't have to buy it to try it though.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Ether Frenzy posted:

I use mine to watch twitch streams of PS4 "how to change the battery in your Dualshock 4" videos while leaving my PS4 off because the controller is dead and the phone charger I have is charging my phone because I'm watching other twitch streams of other exclusive PS4 remasters of PS3 games on it, constantly, using the Xbox app of course, while my set of eneloops sits there in sad decline and wishing they were 'the future' like a controller that has a kinect-level gimmick taking up 50% of the usable space on it and doesn't take lmao antique batteries, in the future everyone's TV remote control is charged with a phone cable plugged into the wall

I watch streams of ps4 exclusives from my xbox 360 with eneloops.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
lol if you play on consoles at all, like a commoner

Fame Douglas fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Jan 30, 2018

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Fame Douglas posted:

lol if you play on consoles at all, like a commoner

As an extremely wealthy bajillionaire i like to console game to feel normal. On weekends we ride stallions to my secret pc bunker so the help doesnt get jelly of my rig

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Real hurthling! posted:

No thanks, I'll pass

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Guillermus posted:

I watch streams of ps4 exclusives from my xbox 360 with eneloops.
i remote play from my vita into my ps4 connected to my pc that is streaming from my xbox watching a YouTube recording of TASbot imitating skype by sending consoles frame perfect prerecorded inputs that break into a game and overwrite the memory to execute arbitrary code, then run breathlessly to the nearest telegraph office to send a dispatch to an agent who posts this message on my behalf, which is not account sharing as they are bound by contract and under 24/7 surveillance piped into my TV which is now freed up by not needing it for video games

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

CrashCat posted:

i remote play from my vita into my ps4 connected to my pc that is streaming from my xbox watching a YouTube recording of TASbot imitating skype by sending consoles frame perfect prerecorded inputs that break into a game and overwrite the memory to execute arbitrary code, then run breathlessly to the nearest telegraph office to send a dispatch to an agent who posts this message on my behalf, which is not account sharing as they are bound by contract and under 24/7 surveillance piped into my TV which is now freed up by not needing it for video games

Shame this is too long for a thread tittle because :laffo:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ether Frenzy posted:

This guy wants random buttons in the middle of the controller for some reason.

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

MHW owns and is not the best looking game on the console but it still runs better than on PS4 pro and it looks pretty dang good on my 4k tv, going back to a 1080p PC game after and it was a noticeable difference

play the xbox enjoy the games my dudes

or don't but chill out plz

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".
I just played titanfall 2 on my XbonxX and it looks awesome and well that's my story thanks for reading

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Butter Hole posted:

MHW owns and is not the best looking game on the console but it still runs better than on PS4 pro and it looks pretty dang good on my 4k tv, going back to a 1080p PC game after and it was a noticeable difference

play the xbox enjoy the games my dudes

or don't but chill out plz

I mean as far as Monster Hunters go its the best looking one yet, its not a show piece for the console really but it still looks pretty decent. Which graphics option are you using by the way?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

The Xbox one x and ps4 pro version are literally the same graphics settings when it comes to 1080 p setttings. Its indistinguishable. Can’t comment on 4k. But for 1080 capcom clearly set to the limits of console versions to PS4 pro and called it a day. Also for what it’s worth I think it’s a game that looks better in motion as my screens of it always seem to look worse than the in game

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

Le Saboteur posted:

I mean as far as Monster Hunters go its the best looking one yet, its not a show piece for the console really but it still looks pretty decent. Which graphics option are you using by the way?

I'm using prioritize resolution. Basing my PS4 comparison on the video gaijin hunter did on youtube comparing the two.

I also turned the brightness down to 1 and really it's still too bright but that made it look a lot better. I'm using an HDR tv tho so YMMV

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

ethanol posted:

The Xbox one x and ps4 pro version are literally the same graphics settings when it comes to 1080 p setttings. Its indistinguishable. Can’t comment on 4k. But for 1080 capcom clearly set to the limits of console versions to PS4 pro and called it a day. Also for what it’s worth I think it’s a game that looks better in motion as my screens of it always seem to look worse than the in game

Imo it looks great because of the great art direction, attention to detail, and all of the effort put into the animation and models. Not because it's pushing any technical boundaries.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Butter Hole posted:

I'm using prioritize resolution. Basing my PS4 comparison on the video gaijin hunter did on youtube comparing the two.

I also turned the brightness down to 1 and really it's still too bright but that made it look a lot better. I'm using an HDR tv tho so YMMV

Yeah I don't know whats with the brightness in this game, I've never had to turn the brightness down so much with a game.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Titanfall is cool and Im old enough to remember when this thread hated digital foundry

That is all, over and out

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Things that agree with me are good.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I still think digital foundry is trash

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Titanfall is a great game. Needs a bit of team balancing. As it stands now when one team is winning they are absolutely kicking the poo poo out of the other team.

Gun play and movement is A+ though. Also looks and runs amazing one One X.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I actually think TF2 is a great game for comebacks. Love it when I'm getting destroyed by MLG no scope 16 year olds, just to come back, wreck their lovely titan game and win.

But yeah, it's really bad about putting good teams against bad ones sometimes. Rounds only feel well balanced half the time.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jan 30, 2018