Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

If you wish to scam a shitizen, you must first create the universe.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
A universe consisting of a couple of really dodgy cryengine maps and no working way to move around them without falling through them.

Moxxis Endowment
Dec 11, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Martman posted:

If you wish to scam a shitizen, you must first create the universe.
Star Citizen: If you pretend to build it, they will come.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

SomethingJones posted:

Star Citizen: 7 hours of what Tony Zurovec said
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cecnlxV9-UY

Call me unreasonably suspicious, but that sounds an awful lot like a fairy story because the work is unfinished :yarg:

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

SomethingJones posted:

Star Citizen: 7 hours of what Tony Zurovec said
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cecnlxV9-UY

NOTE: Nyx Landing Zone was previewed as "Coming Soon" in August 2015. This interview took place shortly after that preview - Tony Z says that Nyx Landing Zone is "largely done" and will be released in the next milestone after 'Shopping'.

I'm not super clear what the Nyx Landing Zone is. Nyx is a star system.

https://starcitizen.tools/Nyx

quote:

Planets
Nyx I

Nyx I is a coreless world that has been mined clean by the Gold Horizon corporation.[4]

Nyx II

A high-pressure atmosphere and thick clouds of acid and carbon dioxide make Nyx II not worth terraforming.

Delamar

Not technically a planet - this moon sized asteroid is hidden deep within the Glaciem Ring. Anti-UEE activists, political radicals and criminals now occupy a deserted mining facility built inside this asteroid. In an effort to keep out potential criminal elements, visitors are strictly forbidden from entering its residential areas.

Nyx III

Nyx III is an ice giant that lacks a breathable atmosphere or any valuable materials

Delamar is located in the Stanton system for 3.0.

I guess he is referring to Levski? Levski is listed as a landing zone under the Nyx star entry:

https://starcitizen.tools/Nyx_(star)

quote:

Levski is a so called free-town located in the former QV Planet Services mining facility on Delamar in the Nyx System.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

So, maybe the Nyx landing zone is in, on Delamar, and it's named Levski, but it's currently in Stanton.

This loving game.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

XK posted:

I'm not super clear what the Nyx Landing Zone is. Nyx is a star system.

https://starcitizen.tools/Nyx

Delamar is located in the Stanton system for 3.0.

I guess he is referring to Levski? Levski is listed as a landing zone under the Nyx star entry:

https://starcitizen.tools/Nyx_(star)

I have no loving idea, I asked in chat if any of this was in game and the consensus was predictably a negative on that, none of that is in the game

The video shows all the concept art and Tony starts off by saying it's almost done and coming after shopping, then goes into all that detail as if it is a real thing that exists that they have built - when in fact it's just another load of lies to get mentally retarded complete loving idiots who I have run out of sympathy for to part with money so Chris can stick it up his nose and his wife can fund her failed Holywood career whilst snorting lines off a $1,000 table paid for with fraud, deception, lies and outright blatant scamming bullshit.

SinJin
Aug 2, 2008
Is this loving game going to be full of micro transactions?

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

XK posted:

So, maybe the Nyx landing zone is in, on Delamar, and it's named Levski, but it's currently in Stanton.

This loving game.

The problem is this thread puts more thought into SC than CIG does. This is the star citizen design process:

1. Do cocaine.
2. Wave hands and expand scope. The best game ever will obviously have all the things.
3. Profit.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

I think Levski is where 3 jackets hangs out.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

SinJin posted:

Is this loving game going to be full of micro transactions?

Not micro, friend. Macro transactions.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Snaked this from reddit. Weekly org growth for the 10 "fastest growing" organizations. Now, a lot of new players MMO players won't join a guild right away, but hear me out. Star Citizen's "metagame" right now revolves around ships, and dreams. Orgs are a huge part of that dream, and not only are many new people introduced to the game by members of an org, but they also advertise incessantly (ask me about my inbox on Spectrum) to anyone not in an org already.

With that being said, the top org in the game recruited a whopping 59 new players. I can't draw any real hard comparison to actual new player count from that, but it would imply not a whole lot of people are signing up.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
can you be a part of more than 1 org?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Nicholas posted:

I think you can have "affiliate" status with a second org.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Nicholas posted:

Yep.

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

Snaked this from reddit. Weekly org growth for the 10 "fastest growing" organizations. Now, a lot of new players MMO players won't join a guild right away, but hear me out. Star Citizen's "metagame" right now revolves around ships, and dreams. Orgs are a huge part of that dream, and not only are many new people introduced to the game by members of an org, but they also advertise incessantly (ask me about my inbox on Spectrum) to anyone not in an org already.

With that being said, the top org in the game recruited a whopping 59 new players. I can't draw any real hard comparison to actual new player count from that, but it would imply not a whole lot of people are signing up.

What is/are AMMAS?

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

boviscopophobic posted:

What is/are AMMAS?
Well I assume they're not fans of the IDF.

Moxxis Endowment
Dec 11, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

boviscopophobic posted:

What is/are AMMAS?
Members - affiliates = AMMAS

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Beet Wagon posted:

Snaked this from reddit. Weekly org growth for the 10 "fastest growing" organizations.

:allears: truly a golden age

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
how they even gonna handle something as simple as org chat

you have 10k members in your loving org, how you gonna handle chatting with them. 100 person guilds in wow were way too loving much, how you gonna do this poo poo, you gonna put a hard limit on org numbers, that's how and you're going to have six hundred spinoffs of TEST and there will be so much goddamn animosity between its members and I will laugh as you butcher each other across game forums vying to be the closest ones to montoyas balls

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

TheAgent posted:

how they even gonna handle something as simple as org chat

you have 10k members in your loving org, how you gonna handle chatting with them. 100 person guilds in wow were way too loving much, how you gonna do this poo poo, you gonna put a hard limit on org numbers, that's how and you're going to have six hundred spinoffs of TEST and there will be so much goddamn animosity between its members and I will laugh as you butcher each other across game forums vying to be the closest ones to montoyas balls

Don't worry man Org 2.0 is right around the corner

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
I hope the continuous, self-inflicted wounds CIG continues to deal to themselves never stop

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Dusty Lens posted:

:allears: truly a golden age
Wow, actually made me a bit nostalgic.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
gently caress you Anders.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Dusty Lens posted:

Don't worry man Org 2.0 is right around the corner

Scheduled to begin development in August 2015, we just need to reorganise JIRA and we'll get right on it, it's almost done, tweaking and polishing, 2 weeks, pole vaulting, just need those CryEngine SDK updates first, Vulkan, whatever you need to hear just send us more money

Oh poo poo yeah we're not doing that anymore did you guys not see the video, yeah in the video about the lore there was a question about trading and we talked about Org 2.0, did you not catch that, did you not catch where we talked about it?

Yeah you see we had it almost done, you see, we had it almost done but then what happened you see, what happened was that Derek Smart, yeah that sneaky Derek Smart sneaked into our office and stole all our good work, can you imagine that, the balls on that guy, sneaked right in there and stole all that work that you paid for, he literally took food out of your mouth, reached right into your mouth and took your food, can you imagine that, he took food right out of your mouth but we're not going to let him get away with it, once we get subsumption working and docking and put a new netcodes in there and all the other stuff and 1,000s of players and mopping you'll see, but right now what we need you to do is dig deep, we're gonna have you dig deep right now because we've had this great idea about submarines and look how cool this thing is, do you want it, do you want the submarine Morty, do you want the submarine Morty because it goes in the water, in the water Morty, it goes in the water don't you want to go in the water Morty

Don't you want to go in the water Morty

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

As memory serves they said that Org 2.0 was basically one line of code away from being finished but then they decided to have a poll to see what people really wanted and it turned out that CIG's poll determined that what people really wanted was a fully interactive star map, so they dropped everything to get cracking on that.

I guess they're still working on it.

Your money is safe with these people.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
Someone reboot SomethingJones please

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

ManofManyAliases posted:

No one's going to jail for a video game you nutjob. FFS fully retire already.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

ManofManyAliases posted:

No. From what was told to me, evocati were testing different builds. In a day, they send out multiple builds. Some are more focused on flight dynamics while others on FPS gameplay. The evocati have their own chat, discord, ptu forums, etc. They're all in one test group, but testing different things. The results are tabulated and they'll use those to streamline the builds so that the can get it out to PTU quicker.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

Dusty Lens posted:

As memory serves they said that Org 2.0 was basically one line of code away from being finished but then they decided to have a poll to see what people really wanted and it turned out that CIG's poll determined that what people really wanted was a fully interactive star map, so they dropped everything to get cracking on that.

I guess they're still working on it.

Your money is safe with these people.

:aaaaa:

Checkmate? :shrug:

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

ManofManyAliases posted:

Oh - we'll get it this year, just not by Friday.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

ManofManyAliases posted:

I didn't say it wasn't going live this year. I said it won't be ready by Friday. My faith is not shaken by a video game.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

ManofManyAliases posted:

I've given this three times now. I want to see SQ42 drop in its entirety next year (2017) and real progress made with the (star)systems. That is to say, everything that alpha 4.0 was touted to be - should be in 2017.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

ManofManyAliases posted:

Every mission is complete and has already been grey/white boxed.

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

and we called it the Ming Dynasty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

I've given this three times now. I want to see SQ42 drop in its entirety next year (2017) and real progress made with the (star)systems. That is to say, everything that alpha 4.0 was touted to be - should be in 2017.

(Cheers SomethingJones, this was a good one)

Nevermind eh, they just missed 2017, 4.0 is right around the corner...

*reads the 2018 roadmap*

gently caress.