Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Smeep posted:

I love when Gary interrupts with either wrong info or something that's just been covered.

The best example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSUnc9sL1wQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
Artie took a cumshot.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
That and the Queer Eye segments were a good insight into why Artie hates himself so much

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Artie is an interesting case.

He isn't totally in denial. He recognizes and admits his own problems. He will talk all day long about drugs, obesity, career mistakes, failed relationships, etc. Whether he takes responsibility for it is another story. It depends what mood he is in.

Artie criticizes the faults in people he otherwise admires, like his dad who was often a liar and a criminal. He idolizes his dad on the one hand, and feels guilty about the injury, but dislikes his dad's lifestyle and parenting on the other. (I don't think Artie has come to terms with that love-hate relationship. A therapist would have a field day with that alone.)

But he's not willing to take the following step to change anything. It's his sad attempt at being a tough Jersey stereotype, where he probably thinks going to therapy is "gay." That might be more frustrating than someone who pretends as if they don't have a problem at all.

Analog
Feb 2, 2001

Moniker posted:

There was a great ba ba blunder on today's show. Howard said something like, "Beth is going to be on Rachel Ray on Tuesday and Harry Connick on Wednesday." and the conversation went on for a few more beats. Then fa fa, over the intercome, said "Boff, I think the schedule Beth gave us is incorrect. She's going to be on Rachel Ray on Tuesday and Harry Connick on Wednesday."

Please don't do this. Howard is perfect.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I just finished last week, and holy poo poo is Mehmet a moron. Even worse, a moron who thinks he is smarter than everyone else!

Jason's summary of him was perfect.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Squashy Nipples posted:

I just finished last week, and holy poo poo is Mehmet a moron. Even worse, a moron who thinks he is smarter than everyone else!

Jason's summary of him was perfect.

This is truly the best kind of moron. This is ETA-level.

Any relevant clips that I could listen to regarding this?

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

the greatest song parody of all time is Booey Joel. It randomly gets stuck in my head a few times a year, and I haven't listened to the show proper in over 5 years

https://soundcloud.com/bryanscottproductions/bryan-scott-the-booey-joel

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

This is truly the best kind of moron. This is ETA-level.

Any relevant clips that I could listen to regarding this?

I don't feel like doing any editing right now, so pretty much the entire Tuesday and Wednesday shows from last week (1/23 & 1/24).

Also the poo poo situation at Sirius is insane.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Trash Trick posted:

the greatest song parody of all time is Booey Joel. It randomly gets stuck in my head a few times a year, and I haven't listened to the show proper in over 5 years

https://soundcloud.com/bryanscottproductions/bryan-scott-the-booey-joel

*ahem* :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Qu_Ix9xvd8

I'll absolutely give you second place, though. "His story's so long that you'll be hanging yourself" :golfclap:

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Former Human posted:

Artie is an interesting case.

He isn't totally in denial. He recognizes and admits his own problems. He will talk all day long about drugs, obesity, career mistakes, failed relationships, etc. Whether he takes responsibility for it is another story. It depends what mood he is in.

Artie criticizes the faults in people he otherwise admires, like his dad who was often a liar and a criminal. He idolizes his dad on the one hand, and feels guilty about the injury, but dislikes his dad's lifestyle and parenting on the other. (I don't think Artie has come to terms with that love-hate relationship. A therapist would have a field day with that alone.)

But he's not willing to take the following step to change anything. It's his sad attempt at being a tough Jersey stereotype, where he probably thinks going to therapy is "gay." That might be more frustrating than someone who pretends as if they don't have a problem at all.

I think that's common with addicts, though. They bullshit all day about their faults and mistakes and what they know they need to do to change. Then there's no real effort to change. It's just about keeping people who want them to change their behavior at arm's length.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I think Artie thinks his degenerate vices & addict behavior make him look cool.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

beep by grandpa posted:

I think Artie thinks his degenerate vices & addict behavior make him look cool.

Totally this. He is getting old enough now that even he understands he is in burnout territory, but he always justified his lifestyle by comparing it to comics and musicians he idolizes. When he was at his career peak with stand up and Stern, he felt he was a rockstar as well and lived the life that went with it.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Been listening to old shows and a forgotten but excellent listener song is "Little Fag Ralph".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EptaOdfjRUI&t=125s

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
The best Ralph song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKsJ5Fgh_NA

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I've been binging through best of Stuttering John interviews and holy poo poo that guy was brave.

While I'm here and posting:

Best phony phone call is Richard taking a poo poo pretending to want his car repaired and the Riley Martin "what...did...the ...doctor...SAY?"

"Aaaaahhhh....Uh?"

Favorite song parody is "Mammary Glands", sung to American Band.

Break out those mammary glands
Those tits are big and brown
I got my pants pulled down

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

kylej posted:

Been listening to old shows and a forgotten but excellent listener song is "Little Fag Ralph".

A classic, one I had forgotten about.

But still... the clear all time winner is the Ralphiecakes song:

It's just perfect.

immortal anime
Oct 21, 2017

by Lowtax
baba booey

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_cPir6MwLM

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

kylej posted:

All I can hear is this, which is funny, considering the point of the song, and the robot master that got this track:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rv2Ju2gNGg0

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Does anyone recall the fight between Gary and Howard where Howard was saying that Gary should be "thinking about the show" instead of doing <whatever it was that they were fighting about>? I'm trying to remember what the argument was about.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Sand Monster posted:

Does anyone recall the fight between Gary and Howard where Howard was saying that Gary should be "thinking about the show" instead of doing <whatever it was that they were fighting about>? I'm trying to remember what the argument was about.

Fantasy football?

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.

Sand Monster posted:

Gary attending his 100th Springsteen concert would be my guess.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

Sand Monster posted:

There have been a few of these. The one that comes to the front of my mind is when he was at the monster truck rally.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

Sand Monster posted:

It might be the incident where a bunch of the staff left early to go to a Lakers game and Gary/Stuttering John got reamed when they came back.

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.

Sand Monster posted:

Playing sporcle?

Bathing Jackson and Lucus?

They’ve probably have a million fights about this. Howard used to bust Garys balls constantly about having any kind of life outside the show whenever Gary forgot to do something or screwed up.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Two Kings posted:

Playing sporcle?

Bathing Jackson and Lucus?

They’ve probably have a million fights about this. Howard used to bust Garys balls constantly about having any kind of life outside the show whenever Gary forgot to do something or screwed up.

Yeah, I know that busting on Bababooey is certainly not in any way going to be a unique segment, but it was the "you should be sitting at home and thinking about the show" comment that I was trying to place. Howard certainly may have said that multiple times too.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

To me, the worst was the time he took the train in because Mary needed the car. Did he get poo poo for bathing his kids?

gently caress you, Howard. He's being a dad/husband.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Don't forget the "are you dependable" thing when Gary said he didn't know if he could get back to the office during Hurricane Sandy. I love how Howard likes to give poo poo to the staff who can't afford a penthouse in Manhattan and a driver that would carry Howard on his back if needed.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

To me, the worst was the time he took the train in because Mary needed the car. Did he get poo poo for bathing his kids?

Or when he gave him poo poo for giving the bigger piece of chicken to his kid. Holy poo poo, Howard had a hosed upbringing.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
I'm for drat sure getting the big piece of chicken, gently caress that.

Oh he got raked across the coals for that. It doesn't help that John and Howard lived the same "I bring home the money, I have zero other responsibilities, you live to serve me" lives and tag-team Gary. Howard would just let John say everything and then he'd be able to laugh but ultimately just say he was joking and that John wasn't (which was what Gary believed as well). Howard's a master at turning the room against each other and riding the fence the whole way round.

In total fairness, however, Mary clearly walks all over Gary whenever she chooses, much like Nancy did to Jackie, and making fun of one of your guy friends for being pussywhipped is like default behavior for guys. That one was particularly bad because Gary was hyper-aware of it and didn't know how to talk to Mary about it.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Jan 31, 2018

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Sand Monster posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGhz9fKO6u8

Is it this fight? Howard gets pissed at some tapes being misplaced and starts yelling at Gary about doing appearances on the weekends. Instead of going out he should just stay home and think only about the show.

edit: I heard Artie called out sick from the AA Show again today.

Grant DaNasty fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Feb 1, 2018

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.

Grant DaNasty posted:

Is it this fight? Howard gets pissed at some tapes being misplaced and starts yelling at Gary about doing appearances on the weekends. Instead of going out he should just stay home and think only about the show.

No, they're talking about this segment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwZ-n-97pEU

One of the all-time great ball-bustings. Gary can't catch a break.

immortal anime
Oct 21, 2017

by Lowtax
baba booey

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Puppy Galaxy fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Feb 1, 2018

immortal anime
Oct 21, 2017

by Lowtax
baba booey

beep by grandpa