Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
though the second Kanye verse on FML is some of the best stuff he has ever ever written and the entire track makes a guest appearance by The Weeknd actually sound great so maybe TLoP is the best

oh wait it has Chris Brown nevermind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah
Hell yeah we’re ranking our favorite Kanye albums again :kiddo:

yeezus was great

novamute
Jul 5, 2006

o o o

obi_ant posted:

Why the gently caress is Luda's chest CGIed in and poo poo in the intro?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4dPrjh9wCc

It's just classic Luda

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yt849wJyVk

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Anyone listen to Evidence’s Weather Or Not?

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Hannibal Buress's "Put that Travis Scott poo poo on my vocals" always made me laugh but I was spinning Huncho Jack and at some point a verse ends with "grandma" and the echo / vocal mixing on it just cracked me up.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

Yes, a bunch, it's good.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

Ill get around to it

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I can handle this for migos but not for Rae sremm.

Sorry mike will

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Please Based God, make this trend stop :negative:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
i dont know man at least thats like a weird and kinda fun twist on it even if there is no loving universe in which id listen to a fuckin slim jxmmi solo record

also "disks" is a dang nonsense measurement of length in 2018. if each "disk" was the length of one of the summertime 06 disks it'd still be 15 minutes shorter than culture II. complicating matters is that they said each side would be a specific artist, while a vinyl record side is, like, 25 minutes max

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Jan 30, 2018

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Please Based God, make this trend stop :negative:

Uh you realize lil b saturated the gently caress out of the market too right

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Like I love black ken but that album is literally 27 tracks long and runs for 1 hour and 39 minutes.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
can someone make me a best of culture II playlist on spotify thank you

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

abraham linksys posted:

can someone make me a best of culture II playlist on spotify thank you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHUxyXZBXY8

You're welcome

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lol

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

lmao, from the Culture II review on Pitchfork:

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-MQPu63m5c

It's 2018 and Paris Hilton is showing up in a video for Birdman. Of course.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Jesus, if you like 10 songs on an album but it has some filler you just don’t listen to those filler songs anymore wtf is the problem

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Hey guys we got a genius over here!

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum
New ugly mane is good, unfortunately not a full tape just 4... “singles”? Hopefully this means a new tape soon, I need my fix of whatever genre his music falls under

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

I can't stop listening to Black Thought on Funk Flex

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

The Duggler posted:

I can't stop listening to Black Thought on Funk Flex

Think I am up to 12 listens now, haha.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-MQPu63m5c

imagine talking about anything other than rich gang era thugga

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Sorry to bring back Kanye chat and this is probably a dumb question but is there a way to get the original TLoP?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Pirate bay

3peat
May 6, 2010

rofl

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

:saddowns:

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

lmao

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
:thurman:

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
ah ha ha ha ha you can see where they badly photoshopped him out

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Diddy rules

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah
I’m kinda surprised fab still has enough juice to be invited to the Grammies

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Robert Analog posted:

I’m kinda surprised fab still has enough juice to be invited to the Grammies

fuckkkk

thats who that is! I legit didnt even recognize him I thought it was one of the billion producers

Alvarez IV
Aug 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
I respect Lupe Fiasco as an MC but think that his songwriting talents are inversely proportional to his technical rapping talents. I'm talking on par with Immortal Technique at listenability and beats and stuff. Is this true or have I just not heard his A material? I want to like him but I'm not about to pretend that being an MC is the be-all-end-all of rapping.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Alvarez IV posted:

I respect Lupe Fiasco as an MC but think that his songwriting talents are inversely proportional to his technical rapping talents. I'm talking on par with Immortal Technique at listenability and beats and stuff. Is this true or have I just not heard his A material? I want to like him but I'm not about to pretend that being an MC is the be-all-end-all of rapping.

Tetsuo and Youth is listenable while being rappity rap

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Testuo and Youth is amazing to me

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
None of his poo poo is like gonna hit pop appeal or anything, But I enjoy a number of his songs just on the sound of them.

Even from his most recent album

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxDHFZ8irwk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fFT2PvztMk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbGZWYmBMEg

But I'm probably the biggest Lupe stan around.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Alvarez IV posted:

not to be rude but that's the opposite of lupe. lupe will never appeal to like migos audience but he has flow, like real old school 5 flows on one song, thats pretty rare today.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

The Modern Leper fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Jan 31, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Dexo posted:

None of his poo poo is like gonna hit pop appeal or anything, But I enjoy a number of his songs just on the sound of them.

His first couple albums had all sorts of pop appeal. but then they basically started giving him garbage beats and he lost a bit of bounciness in his flow that his early stuff had. Also i have a feeling some of the shots he's kinda took at kendrick are him being pissed that kendrick's getting a lot of the freedom he was denied, despite being similar dudes in a lot of ways. kendrick didn't have to put out the junk lupe did in between the cool and tetsuo and youth.