Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

So death's new tactic is Attrition Uber Alles.

Exactly how it should be, that loving rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

New summoning sounds rad if only because I will get to paint up some graveyard terrain

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
Skullvane Manse re-release is $110 USD.

EDIT: The special characters are $35 USD each. I was considering picking them up, but that is crazy expensive, especially for Spoopy Dude.

berzerkmonkey fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Jan 30, 2018

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

So death's new tactic is Attrition Uber Alles.

Exactly how it should be, that loving rules.

Specifically the Grand Host of Nagash Allegiance.

There is one more interesting tidbit as well.

quote:

Finally, if you’re looking for an elite way to theme your Death army, the First Cohort formation is ideal. Representing Nagash’s elite, you’ll be able to make the God of Death even more durable by allocating wounds he suffers to nearby units of Morghasts – because trying to bring down Nagash wasn’t daunting enough without help…

Looks like they're going to be including a few ways to protect your leaders.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
That would explain the Morghasts getting Morghast key word.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
nagash is Zapp Brannigan, sending wave after wave of his own men at em

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Gay Horney posted:

nagash is Zapp Brannigan, sending wave after wave of his own men at em

When you have the power to immediately reanimate the bodies of your men, there's a good argument for "throw more men at a problem till it goes away".

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

This all sounds awesome.

Also: buying my second Spire of Dawn box today. Hell yeah Skaven.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

berzerkmonkey posted:

Skullvane Manse re-release is $110 USD.

EDIT: The special characters are $35 USD each. I was considering picking them up, but that is crazy expensive, especially for Spoopy Dude.

Thats a shame Skullvane Manse used to be like $90

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

It was also $250 on eBay last week so I'll take it.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
110 minus 15%.

Alokgen
Aug 14, 2005

Are you saying I'm a sinner?

Have there been rule leaks for the Malign Portents heroes? I want that chaos lady, but $35 is pretty steep for not knowing her rules / if she'll syngergize with Maggotkin.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
It's only a $10 bump on skullvayne manse if you factor inflation.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Alokgen posted:

Have there been rule leaks for the Malign Portents heroes? I want that chaos lady, but $35 is pretty steep for not knowing her rules / if she'll syngergize with Maggotkin.

We need to know how the Malign Portents rules work first I would say. As that is somthing that is supposed to make taking them super helpful.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

mango sentinel posted:

It's only a $10 bump on skullvayne manse if you factor inflation.

Yeah, it's not that bad considering it originally released 7 years ago and has been oop since '13.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
Anyone know how stormcast shoulder guard colors work? Is it uniform across the entire stormhost? Or is there canonically any variation?

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Moose-Alini posted:

Anyone know how stormcast shoulder guard colors work? Is it uniform across the entire stormhost? Or is there canonically any variation?

It's uniform, different squads/detachments are signified via the tabard/headplume colouration and the star/moon/sun symbols on the blank shoulder.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
Cool thanks. Trying some different stuff on my stormcasts tonight.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

AnEdgelord posted:

Specifically the Grand Host of Nagash Allegiance.

There is one more interesting tidbit as well.

Looks like they're going to be including a few ways to protect your leaders.

I’m guessing morghasts won’t be summonable then

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Solemn Sloth posted:

I’m guessing morghasts won’t be summonable then

No rather their main use seems to be Nagashs Bodyguards. Also they lower the bravery of any enemy units close to them.

Also they can take any weapons they want now. Harbingers are just armorless ones.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Jan 31, 2018

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*

WIP on some test models for my daughter's Sylvaneth army. She's 8, and wanted a army with 'girls' in it. I think she should be able to handle washing and dry brushing duties on the bark, and I do the detailing. Exciting project and exciting to see her so enthused.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
You are dooming yourself for birthdays and Christmases for years to come. Love it.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

Moose-Alini posted:

You are dooming yourself for birthdays and Christmases for years to come. Love it.

That's fine by me!

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
That or it will be like my FLGS owner's kids and they'll get bored in a week.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

Yeah my 11 year old son was interested for a bit and plays occasionally but the draw of console games and YouTube streamers seems much greater sadly.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Arkhan's Legion preview. https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/01/31/legions-nagash-legion-sacrament/

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Looks like they're building in ways to protect your heroes with a combination of relics, magic and formations. We had the Morghast bodyguard formation yesterday, a spell that heals the caster when it deals damage and a relic that grants a 4+++ to its holder.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

AnEdgelord posted:

Looks like they're building in ways to protect your heroes with a combination of relics, magic and formations. We had the Morghast bodyguard formation yesterday, a spell that heals the caster when it deals damage and a relic that grants a 4+++ to its holder.

A spell that hits multiple units within 12" for d6 MW. Jesus.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TKIY posted:

A spell that hits multiple units within 12" for d6 MW. Jesus.

It's risky though as the preview said. You roll a die and they suffer d6 MW on a 4+ for each of them. So there is a chance some units won't take damage.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

It is a good thing to punish lots of little shooting units.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Lord_Hambrose posted:

It is a good thing to punish lots of little shooting units.

Oh yeah no doubt its a good spell.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

MonsterEnvy posted:

Oh yeah no doubt its a good spell.

And if you are casting it with a VLoZD or something it's just icing on the cake.

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

Serotonin posted:

WIP on some test models for my daughter's Sylvaneth army. She's 8, and wanted a army with 'girls' in it. I think she should be able to handle washing and dry brushing duties on the bark, and I do the detailing. Exciting project and exciting to see her so enthused.

Magnolia, Crepe Myrtle, and Oleander blossom colors are good Sylvaneth accents and unit badges. That's a nice tone contrast.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TKIY posted:

And if you are casting it with a VLoZD or something it's just icing on the cake.

Just saw someone remark how powerful most of these spells were on Arkhan due to his Command Ability.

quote:

COMMAND ABILITY
First of the Mortarchs: If Arkhan the
Black uses this ability, then all Death
Wizards within 18" of him can increase
the range of their spells by 6" this phase.

So if Arkhan cast with a +3 by default in his legion (Other bonuses from stuff like Mortis engines are also likely.) So for one thing The Orb gets a range of 18 and it's effects will likely double half the time. It's even better with Soul Harvest.

As Arkhan will increase the range of the spell to 9" Letting someone like him to deal 2d3 mortal wounds to all enemies within 9" of him and likely heal himself for one third of the wounds

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jan 31, 2018

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

MonsterEnvy posted:

Just saw someone remark how powerful most of these spells were on Arkhan due to his Command Ability.

That's terrifying.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
There was stealthy edit to the preview.

quote:

Cast any spell from any lore on an unmodified casting roll of 9+, and you get to resolve the effect twice

Earlier it was this.

quote:

Cast any spell from any lore on a 9+, and you get to resolve the effect twice – easy enough for Nagash with his +3 bonus to casting, or a nearby Mortis Engine and Corpse Cart with Balefire Brazier boosting your other Wizards’ abilities.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Unless you're mining for salt I would recommend staying away from the AoS reddit for these previews. A significant percentage of Death players over there are convinced that the entire book is a flat nerf and that every Death hero in existence will die if a one-eyed skavenslave looks at it funny.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

AnEdgelord posted:

I would recommend staying away from the AoS reddit

You don't say.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Snipping the slotted base tab off the feet of all these Seraphon is kinda clumsy, but I guess they wouldn't have made a whole new sprue just to accommodate the new bases. Problem is Saurus Warrior feet at least are pretty flimsy and aren't going to adhere to the bases securely unless I use plastic glue, but that's going to effect how I do my bases (cork cobblestones on top of vallejo dark earth). Thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Deified Data posted:

Snipping the slotted base tab off the feet of all these Seraphon is kinda clumsy, but I guess they wouldn't have made a whole new sprue just to accommodate the new bases. Problem is Saurus Warrior feet at least are pretty flimsy and aren't going to adhere to the bases securely unless I use plastic glue, but that's going to effect how I do my bases (cork cobblestones on top of vallejo dark earth). Thoughts?

Pin them. Not much else you can do really. Or clip them in a way that you have a tab of plastic attached and use that as the pin. You'll have to dig a hole in the cork though.

If you were using a putty base you could imprint the feet and then have a fairly secure socket to superglue them down on.

• Locked thread