Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

Toops posted:

Why. Just WHY the gently caress to these rabid fans spend their entire day rationalizing CIG's incompetence and blatant misinformation? I will never, ever understand what's in it for them.
That's what happens when you tie your identity into a product, into the dream. Insults to the dream become insults to you. Criticism becomes self-criticism. People are very bad at that and nerds who love space games are the worst of all.

They're also invested financially and emotionally, and worse still this is often to get a social advantage over other backers by having the biggest spaceship. You can't admit fault or you lose that status.

Combine this with misplaced reverence for the Crobber and you have a recipe for utter and complete idiocy that will rationalise almost anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Zzr posted:

That's a really old and slow way to dev. Don't you know about the layering technique ?

This is a laying module. With it you will create code.

Moxxis Endowment
Dec 11, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
Has anyone photoshopped Sandi's face onto the Xenomorph queen's head yet?

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Toops posted:

"The code is done, I just need to :words:" says every developer ever when they've yet to start, but have thought about it a little.

I do not understand. Is that not what everyone does? Procrastinate till the due date then mad dash to throw together something to appease management since whatever it is your making is not going to be used in a month's time.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

Jester "Nazi Propaganda" 86 isn't this altruistic so he is probably just trying to eliminate some of the grey market supply to keep his profits intact now that he got caught signalboosting himself on alt accounts.

Although if the Grey Market really is at 60% or less value then CIG should be worrying. That's a direct barometer of the desire for their spaceships and the last time I checked it was still at 80% value. This is a big "LESS POTENTIAL SALES" sign if the confidence and excitement has eroded so much that the secondary market is having to have almost 50% discounts to move their jpegs.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
Does the grey market carry space submarines? I didn't think so :smuggo:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Moxxis Endowment posted:

This is kinda like photoshopping Arnold Schwarzenegger's face onto the Terminator's head, not worth the effort.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

tuo posted:

Who's Morty and why does he want to go swimming with MoMa?

swimming with sharks. Kevin Spacy

ps paper cuts hurts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I5e_GXU4Zo

way it goes - swimming with sharks.

intardnation fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jan 30, 2018

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Toops posted:

Why. Just WHY the gently caress to these rabid fans spend their entire day rationalizing CIG's incompetence and blatant misinformation? I will never, ever understand what's in it for them.

It's part of their very being. Part of Maslow's hierarchy of needs is 'belonging', the concept of being in a group, or otherwise supported by people that accept you for you. Star Citizen has become a symbol of that need to belong to something bigger than themselves. I'm not pointing fingers, either, everyone has causes of differing levels of objective importance, but the reason why people will normalize, explain or otherwise attempt to minimize the impact of something is because they're invested emotionally; ignoring the obvious financial entanglements, protecting the self is what people go to the mat for.

It's actually kind of fun to watch, but I get the sheer bone crushing stupidity of attempting to defend someone/something that there is no actual connection with other than a fondly held belief.

Spatial posted:

Combine this with misplaced reverence for the Crobber and you have a recipe for utter and complete idiocy that will rationalise almost anything.

The reverence is a blind; it means nothing. If someone else popped up and offered them the same level of agency in their second-life knock-off, they'd pivot in a minute.

Hav fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Jan 30, 2018

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Tank Boy Ken posted:

Nah, it's at least partly "influenced" by Rogue One and Tusken Raiders.

Mad Max 2, etc, etc.

Nomads go where? Why are they draped in tasteful bits of cloth over armor? Why is my space flight game doing dress-up.

Moxxis Endowment posted:

Nope. Why?

Moxxis Endowment
Dec 11, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hav posted:

Nope. Why?
Just seems like the right thing to do.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Beet Wagon posted:

o no my narrative

Get hosed, shitbirds that gave Montoya money as part of 'guild costs' or whatever :lol:

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Tank Boy Ken posted:

Nah, it's at least partly "influenced" by Rogue One and Tusken Raiders.
I wonder where Lucas got the idea though?

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Toops posted:

Seriously, if Star Citizen fans learn one thing, and one thing only, I wish it would be this: "The work is not done until the code is deployed and working in production."

Just because a dev marks a story complete doesn't mean anything material when it comes to an end-product. It has to be integrated into a releasable build, tested (not trivial), deployed (not trivial), and proven to work in a user-facing production environment. Until all those boxes are checked, you don't get to say mission accomplished.

*carries personal laptop to Professor Crobbler's office during office hours*

See? It works on MY computer!

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

SomethingJones posted:

Don't you want to go in the water Morty

This is what happens when you get too drat close to the mind of Chris Roberts and start to understand what he’s going to say. This is the poo poo that happens. All this poo poo. All over the place. It’s all over now!

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Renegret posted:

*carries personal laptop to Professor Crobbler's office during office hours*

See? It works on MY computer!

Sir this is a speak'n'spell

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Toops posted:

Oh sweet! More blatant Dune ripoffs!

Bless the Chairman and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

I believe we did plenty of Dune stuff like 50 millions ago.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Spatial posted:

That's what happens when you tie your identity into a product, into the dream. Insults to the dream become insults to you. Criticism becomes self-criticism. People are very bad at that and nerds who love space games are the worst of all.

They're also invested financially and emotionally, and worse still this is often to get a social advantage over other backers by having the biggest spaceship. You can't admit fault or you lose that status.

I've seen a lot of crazy poo poo on the internet but nothing as crazy as Star Citizen. The mental leaps Citizens have to jump through now to believe there will ever be anything worth playing are amazing.

That's why I like moma posting here so much, you don't even have to go out and hunt for the gold, you just need to get him talking about the game and his ship collection.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

AP posted:

I've seen a lot of crazy poo poo on the internet but nothing as crazy as Star Citizen. The mental leaps Citizens have to jump through now to believe there will ever be anything worth playing are amazing.

That's why I like moma posting here so much, you don't even have to go out and hunt for the gold, you just need to get him talking about the game and his ship collection.

My pay to win game is strong. When game launches, I can sit back and relax in the lap of luxury aboard my phoenix.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Foo Diddley posted:

So you sued the wrong guy :allears:

Well, he's on my Discord channel right now, having a meltdown (because he got de-Greened from a channel he wasn't supposed to even have access to) bitching at me because he posted an unredacted version in a channel, which I then deleted and posted in a different channel.

So he says...

quote:

You're now legally liable if someone comes to harrass me IRL. Go gently caress yourself.

To which I responded:

quote:

Here we go again with the drama. Dude, chill.

Wait!! I'm legally liable for something that you posted. Yeah OK. As if someone can't go on the NJ website, look up the names in the REDACTED image you posted publicly, and gain access to the rest of the info in the docket.

Are you high?

quote:

I am not a public figure

quote:

What's that got to do with anything? I was saying that anyone with access to the image (above) which YOU posted, can pull up the docket info. You were saying that because of an unredacted version that YOU posted in the channel, that if you were harassed IRL, that it would be my fault. I'm still laughing at that.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Somebody fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jan 30, 2018

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

D_Smart posted:

So you sued the wrong guy :allears:

Well, he's on my Discord channel right now, having a meltdown (because he got de-Greened from a channel he wasn't supposed to even have access to) bitching at me because he posted an unredacted version in a channel, which I then deleted and posted in a different channel.

So he says...

To which I responded:

Get help, go relax, etc.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

A Neurotic Corncob posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/7tzny0/do_you_think_cig_will_win_the_motion_to_dismiss/dtgirpl/

"wait a minute, THE Ortwin Freyermuth called Crytek a sinking ship? This changes everything"

Miss Titanic will not be pleased with those comparisons

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
the....guy....

....it's....the guy in the wheelchair?

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

D_Smart posted:

So he says...

To which I responded:

On the other hand, he appears to have actually taken Chris Roberts to court instead of just threatening to for the last 3 years

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Sarsapariller posted:

On the other hand, he appears to have actually taken Chris Roberts to court instead of just threatening to for the last 3 years

Negative. He's taking Chrisolophpepelohlhler to court.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

Did somebody in a wheelchair kill your parents or something?

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
did we get an explanation on why Robert's name is botched so badly on the paperwork

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Sarsapariller posted:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

the secret squirrel discord, trouble in paradise, that's him in the wheel chair, failure to follow up on years of threats, a guy who spent 3500 on star citizen making fun of other people's fleets.

this page has it all

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
Christopher Roberts has 17 shell identities, including:

Christopher Roberts
Christopher Roberts, LLC
Christopher Roberts, Inc
Christopher Roberts Industries
Chrislopher Roberts
Chrislopher Roberts UK
Chrislopher Roberts UK LLC
Chrislopher Roberts UK, Inc
Chrislopher Roberts Induslories

Streetroller is suing the wrong person.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

big nipples big life posted:

the secret squirrel discord, trouble in paradise, that's him in the wheel chair, failure to follow up on years of threats, a guy who spent 3500 on star citizen making fun of other people's fleets.

this page has it all

It sure keeps me coming back for more that's for sure.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

VictorianQueerLit posted:

Did somebody in a wheelchair kill your parents or something?

I thought he was just gonna call the parents :ohdear:

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

ManofManyAliases posted:

My pay to win game is strong. When game launches, I can sit back and relax in the lap of luxury aboard my phoenix.

way it goes - right moma- paper cuts and all

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
Has anyone said poo poo Shitizen yet?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

his nibs posted:

Has anyone said poo poo Shitizen yet?

I've said Shart Shitizen before.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://i.imgur.com/Jl6HN5B.gifv

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

Chill moma is more fun than angry moma, I suggest you change the password so he can't come back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Streetroller
Jun 11, 2016

Sarsapariller posted:

It's probably why he feels the need to assert his dominance.