Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Audax posted:

Jonathan Isiah Zeke Zimmerman is quite a mouthful to pronounce

Ridiculous middle names are only a problem when you're trying to scold them though, to the kids at school little JIZZ would just be Jonny Zims

This particular one would be a problem if you ever wanted to get him an LL Bean backpack or something though

Inescapable Duck posted:

You're a few letters off people being able to accuse you of naming your daughter after a My Little Pony, just be warned.

I mean, if they do, "trap sprung" is the only response you'd need

also: trap sprung

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib

quote:

I want to preface this confession with that I am not suicidal and this is not suicidal ideation. My life is going awesome and I enjoy it and I don't want to die and want to enjoy it for many more years.

That being said, I google safe suicide methods lately and decided to prepare for it in case I get terminally ill or just too old. I've seen family members and acquaintances waste away of old age or cancer and I am horrified of the same happening to me. I find the healthcare system and it's whole approach horrendous in this regard and find it disgusting how often even peoples wishes for a quicker death are ignored because others just want to cover their asses. If things get really bad often the only lawful way out for people is to reject eating and drinking. How hosed up is that? We put animals down that suffer and wouldn't let them starve to death if they can't eat by themselves anymore but we don't offer the same clemency to fellow humans. My parents are getting up there in age and have all kinds of health problems that amass and they don't want to see this. They refuse to even put down their will. They think they'll live forever and as a result I'll be stuck with a huge mess if they're starting to die. With modern medicine, the process of dying can take years and quality of life can end up being zero long before the last breath. They just don't want to see it. It's terrible.

So yeah, when I get to that particular crossroads (and I wrote "when" not "if" because I will, you will, we all will) and still have enough braincells to rub together and enough control over my body, I'm going to end it quickly and on my terms. Nobody can blame me for that. It's a pity that I can't call on doctors to do it safely for me and have to do it in a hidden way, like I am doing something illegal. My life and the right to end it is mine you fucks. I blame religion.

You can get a tattoo saying "Do Not Resuscitate" and "No Feeding Tube". In the case of your parents, get Durable Power of Attorney now. It unburdens them from making these decisions and you can make the tough decisions when the time comes.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

a tattoo is in no way legally binding lol

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Ghostnuke posted:

a tattoo is in no way legally binding lol

This tat wasn't binding, but the hospital's ethics board decided to honor it anyway; according to the New England Journal of Medicine, though, the tattoo "produced more confusion than clarity".

In the current state of affairs it looks as though a DNR tattoo isn't binding, but will tend to keep doctors from using heroic lifesaving measures while the paperwork for your actual DNR order (which you should damned well have if you're considering a DNR tat) is found.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

If you're unconscious and there is a family member there saying resuscitate, that is exactly what will happen regardless of your tattoo. (in america anyway)

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

So, uh, a while back, someone wrote in claiming to be Rod "He Hate Me" Smart of XFL fame, and alleged that he had successfully pitched a second XFL

quote:

I told you my XFL ideas were sold.

XFL is back, better than ever. Still no kneeling, no PC thugs allowed. Troops allowed to play. Multipliers for faster action.

Lol that I was right and you faithless fools doubted.

I mean, I don't know any of the specifics of the new XFL's rules (other than "no PC thugs allowed"), but your confession didn't mention Vince McMahon, and unless I'm mistaken, Vince didn't mention Rod Smart in his launch announcement

Can someone more up-to-date on pro-wrestling-football than me verify if any of the other crap he mentioned came true? The post is here and he claimed there was gonna be all kinds of weird poo poo like VR headsets in every seat

quote:

I'm a junior in college, did my first two years at the local CC and then moved about 1000 miles away for my last two.

Over winter break last month I came home for the full three weeks. I was crashing most of the time at various friends' places instead of my parents' house.

One night during this time I stayed at my friend Courtney's house. She still lives with her family, and they were cool with me staying there because we're in our 20s now and they've always liked me, and they have a guest room which I stayed in. We've always been just friends, I feel sometimes like she's into me but it's never been made explicit. I've never made a move on her because one of my best friends is in love with her and it would crush him, and I've always had other options. I would LOVE to gently caress her but I doubt it's ever gonna be in the cards.

In the morning she asked if I wanted to take a shower, and I said yes. I asked her which soap and shampoo was hers. She said I could use any of the ones in there, it didn't matter, but that the coconut ones were hers.

Anyway, while showering I got kinda horny imagining how often she was naked in this same spot, and I jerk off. I start thinking about how much I'd like to cum on her, and I realize I could cum in her body wash and she would end up rubbing it all over herself every time she showered for like a month or two. It was almost a brand new bottle.

I opened the top and did the deed, and I shook it up and put it back. And later in the day while we were getting lunch, I realized how hosed up it really was that I did that. She'll never know though, so whatever.

yeah uh

this is one of those impulses you probably shouldn't act on, but I guess at least she'll probably never know about it

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
:yikes:

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
That one's a little contrived to me. Nobody asks whose bodywash is whose when they're a guest. If it's a towel or bar of soap then fine, but usually a normal person would just give you one for yourself in those situations. It sounds like he thought "what if someone wonders how i knew which bottle to put it in? Oh i know, this will fool them".

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Might have been based on the post in the r/relationships thread awhile ago where someone jerked off into a bottle of body wash "as a prank".

Otherwise, I can't imagine the kind of shithead you'd have to be to have that thought go through your mind with anything other than immediate, visceral revulsion.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Gross dude.

That applies to both confessions.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
goons doing gross, weird and inappropriate things? Yeah I can't imagine either

RobotDogPolice
Dec 1, 2016
I feel like I'm falling apart. I was diagnosed with ADHD while I was in the service but I stopped taking medication after I got out. My motivation began to decline and I went to a psychiatrist to see what was up but I feel worse now. He put me on concerta and trazodone but the concerta just made me feel high/energized and the trazadone hasn't been helping with my sleep. I don't think I've gotten more than 3 hours a sleep a night in months and now I've been having panic attacks about my overall health. I'll just be sitting on the bus and my heart will start racing, and at night I feel like I snap awake as soon as I begin to drift off. Nothing seems to help me sleep, not the trazadone, not sleepytime tea, melatonin, over the counter sleep aids. Nothing. I stopped taking the concerta, but I still take a trazodone before bed.

I don't ADHD is the real issue, I feel like poo poo and I'm exhausted. My next appointment isn't for a few weeks.

RobotDogPolice fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Feb 1, 2018

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.
Wrong thread? Regardless, I hope there’s some way to get your appointment moved up (or get seen by somebody else maybe?) if things are this dire already. I’ll keep several fingers crossed for you.

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth

RobotDogPolice posted:

I feel like I'm falling apart. I was diagnosed with ADHD while I was in the service but I stopped taking medication after I got out. My motivation began to decline and I went to a psychiatrist to see what was up but I feel worse now. He put me on concerta and trazodone but the concerta just made me feel high/energized and the trazadone hasn't been helping with my sleep. I don't think I've gotten more than 3 hours a sleep a night in months and now I've been having panic attacks about my overall health. I'll just be sitting on the bus and my heart will start racing, and at night I feel like I snap awake as soon as I begin to drift off. Nothing seems to help me sleep, not the trazadone, not sleepytime tea, melatonin, over the counter sleep aids. Nothing. I stopped taking the concerta, but I still take a trazodone before bed.

I don't ADHD is the real issue, I feel like poo poo and I'm exhausted. My next appointment isn't for a few weeks.

maybe a couple beers would help you relax

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Son of Man posted:

maybe a couple beers would help you relax

my nigga have you tried lsd?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

RobotDogPolice posted:

This is somewhat less anonymous than the usual post ITT, but: are you working? You should probably take a little break if you are; under the circumstances I'm sure it's worth it unless you're paycheck-to-paycheck. In which case, it might be time to lean on your support structure for a little while. You sound like you're super stressed.

I've got a treat for the rest of you today -- guess who checked in, with the correct password and everything!

IT'S THERAPY GOON

quote:

Thank you all for caring about my fate. It's a long story and some things maybe better remain unsaid though. No, I did not get married thankfully. I almost got stabbed and had a lot of times last year where I seriously feared for my life. I also live in Siberia now. Tomskaya Oblast is all I'm going to say, and only because I don't think anyone of you even ever came here let alone lives here. No, this is not a joke. Incredibly cold but beautiful. I'd say more but I have to get to work. I'm still alive, just not a lot of time for writing long musings about my life. I live in a place where people still live in log houses and it's like -30C on good days in winter. (the other week it was -40C for a while) Everything's so different here. My window iced over the other day. From the inside. I'd write more but I have to get to work and need to start to layer my clothing on. I'm ok. Don't worry about me folks. I got a new lease on life.

It's a very Breaking Bad ending imho

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Almost stabbed by a crazy girlfriend? Welcome to the club friend!

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

I was saying "no you didn't/don't" basically every sentence in that post. At least put some effort in the fakes. Fleeing to siberia, the most stereotypical isolated wasteland there is? At least pick somewhere less obvious, like Greenland or something. Also you can't just up and move to another country unless you meet their visa eligibility which usually requires being hired for a job that can't be filled by a citizen.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Maybe his job is being clinically depressed in a frozen hellscape. Even if there's people in the country qualified for it, they may not want the position.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Sounds like a suspiciously quick ending to therapy goons story.

"I live in Siberia now, no time for thread"

Maybe it's actually his girlfriend :ohdear:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I was saying "no you didn't/don't" basically every sentence in that post. At least put some effort in the fakes. Fleeing to siberia, the most stereotypical isolated wasteland there is? At least pick somewhere less obvious, like Greenland or something. Also you can't just up and move to another country unless you meet their visa eligibility which usually requires being hired for a job that can't be filled by a citizen.

Again, the password was right, so either this is genuine, or it was fake all along :iiam:

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
LOOK AT insightful post
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
didn't he mention a russian girl? Or was this some other confessor

E: My father used to work in Tomsk, it's basically the Russian equivalent to a college/university town.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

How that goon ended up in Siberia could be a thread saga all by itself

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.
College Slice
Dude never said he wasn't in Russia and definitely said he wasn't in the US at some point talking about health care.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Yeah, his government set him up with a sex doing crazy therapist for free. My stupid country won't even let me pay a transient woman for sexual favors in an alley. Greatest country in the world my rear end.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Solice Kirsk posted:

Maybe his job is being clinically depressed in a frozen hellscape. Even if there's people in the country qualified for it, they may not want the position.

They’d never find a suitably qualified Russian for that job.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

loquacius posted:

Again, the password was right, so either this is genuine, or it was fake all along :iiam:

even if it's really him it just seems like a really abrupt thing like he just got tired of people asking about it.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
LOOK AT insightful post
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post

yeah I eat rear end posted:

even if it's really him it just seems like a really abrupt thing like he just got tired of people asking about it.

It was her. It was also what she told the police.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
I want to believe, therefore I do.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
LOOK AT insightful post
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
I, as a rule, believe everything I read on the internet

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

RFC2324 posted:

my nigga have you tried lsd?

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Therapy goon. You need to tell us what the gently caress happened.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Sten Freak posted:

Dude never said he wasn't in Russia and definitely said he wasn't in the US at some point talking about health care.

I definitely did get the impression he was in Russia/ east Europe, back during the regular updates, but I can't remember the details.

Edit: nope, but the therapist girlfriend was insulting his friend for being Russian, so that's probably what I'm remembering.

Fintilgin fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Feb 2, 2018

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

RobotDogPolice posted:

at night I feel like I snap awake as soon as I begin to drift off.

this happens to me a lot and I don't know what causes it. What specifically happens is i'll super gradually become asleep and start dreaming, 30 seconds later i'll realize i'm dreaming and then pop awake. Anyway drinking a lot of coffee in the early day, and making sure I work out seems to help, but it's not some major revolutionary cure. Good luck goon.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
LOOK AT insightful post
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post

Fintilgin posted:

Edit: nope, but the therapist girlfriend was insulting his friend for being Russian, so that's probably what I'm remembering.

Maybe he's a Finn? Any other eastern european country would fit too. Lots of people there not too fond of russians.

Used to had this snapping awake thing a lot when I was a kid. Just stopped one day. :shrug:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

White noise, a fan running to move the air, and sleeping on my side are what finally stopped me having night terrors and popping awake randomly. Still have a bunch of nightmares, but I've had them since I was a kid.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

I'm in a black metal band that's about as big as a black metal band can be. Not a household name to everyone in the world, but anyone who is vaguely familiar with current metal will know of us. My confession is that I hate the majority of people who I meet who listen to our poo poo. And I hate most of the bands we play with. Black metal attracts the worst loving people.

I'd say gently caress it and do something different but I fear no one would give a poo poo about my new stuff.

Metal is the anime of music

quote:

i remember there have been at least two similar confessions to this in the past, and that the second one was met with skepticism due to the niche factor of this, and that now a new one will be met with even more suspicion, but i am another goon who regularly masturbates to mighty magiswords. something about vambre's proportions is irresistible, and i like to imagine the various magiswords being used like dildos ---- high five to my fellow MM aficionados

I actually LOLed IRL at this, kudos

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

quote:

I'm in a black metal band that's about as big as a black metal band can be. Not a household name to everyone in the world, but anyone who is vaguely familiar with current metal will know of us. My confession is that I hate the majority of people who I meet who listen to our poo poo. And I hate most of the bands we play with. Black metal attracts the worst loving people.

Murderface! Get off that *CHORD*ing computer and get your rear end into the studio!

SamLikesCake
Oct 6, 2006

... and he is my navigator.
Planet Piss can still be a thing, dude. We believe in you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Drink the bleach.