Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i can't believe no other teams are in for aubameyang at that price

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Dunban posted:

Doing some big lols at people (both fans and club officials) who think it's somehow outrageous to spend a lot of money on defenders, but gladly welcome breaking their club's transfer record every year on the latest flashy Brazilian winger

Vinicius Jr to Madrid - £38m on a 16 year old

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Jose posted:

i can't believe no other teams are in for aubameyang at that price
At that price point you're really talking only about PSG, Bayern, Madrid, Barca and the top few English teams, and it's doubtful any of them really need a 60 million striker right now

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

i'm laughing way too hard at this

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Andre Ayew and Laser Markovic to the Swansea Swans "imminent"

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

But what about Roque Mesa’s mustache leaving

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/JPercyTelegraph/status/958357542794645504

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

But what about Roque Mesa’s mustache leaving

He's been in Seville for a couple of days now.

Can't see him getting much time there when they've got Banega and Nzonzi.

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/roque-mesa-makes-sevilla-loan-move

sassassin fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jan 30, 2018

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/ScoutedFtbl/status/958362087218122753

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Big Joe Rodon has joined Cheltenham on loan.

Needs gametime ahead of next season's Championship campaign.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

I will be sad if giroud leaves. He's always been dependable and his hold up play is absolutely superb

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

So is Lacazette worse than Giroud?

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
Lacazette's hold up play has been on par with Giroud's, from what I've seen. Which is bizarre because you wouldn't expect that from a guy his size. He just hasn't completely clicked with the rest of the team from a scoring perspective. But I think he's still adapting to the Premier League, which isn't a huge shock, honestly.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Saw a thing saying Schneiderlin to West Ham for £20m. Has ha become insanely bad because I think he would be a decent shout for Arsenal/teams of that calibre rather than West Ham.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Tuco's gun is empty but he thinks it's still loaded, reminds me of a certain Mr. Wenger

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Tuco's gun is empty but he thinks it's still loaded, reminds me of a certain Mr. Wenger

Haha good spot, didn't think of that

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Saw a thing saying Schneiderlin to West Ham for £20m. Has ha become insanely bad because I think he would be a decent shout for Arsenal/teams of that calibre rather than West Ham.

He has become insanely bad, yes. West Ham are mad to want him.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Sandwolf posted:

So is Lacazette worse than Giroud?

Yes. His hold up play isn't as good, he's no good at dealing with aerial crosses in either box on account of being a shortarse, and he's not fast enough to beat any of the quicker central defenders to make up for that. He's also failed to demonstrate any sort of lethal finishing ability, his last drought breaking goal was straight at the keeper and should have been saved.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jan 30, 2018

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/SkyKaveh/status/958389356540162049

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

They should hold out for 80m just to make pep look foolish

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Didn’t he do this over the summer too

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Someone give Pep a midfielders intervention. He has a problem.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Big Olly G loving owns and is better than Lacazette and Aubameyang ffs

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

sassassin posted:

West Ham are mad to want him.

Sullivan might actually be the worst scout to have ever "worked" this long in football, he had the worst money spent for goal return in english history before spending £60m on shite this summer

he bitches about fans expectations being unrealistic and already having the worlds 14th highest wage bill as if it wasn't entirely down to his incredible record of awful signings. it'd be worth going down to the conference to bankrupt him but all that would happen is he'd loan more dildo money to the club at above-market interest

joe fart ffs

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/01/30/olivier-giroud-join-chelsea-18m-paving-away-arsenal-complete/

quote:

Olivier Giroud to join Chelsea for £18m, paving away for Arsenal to complete Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang transfer

:(

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

That’s real bad. Calling it now: Aubameyang will flop and Giroud will thrive at Chelsea.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
£18m seems a loving steal, is his contract up?

e: or are Chelsea outbusinessing Arsenal again because they know they're desperate to sell? That said, Chelsea are pretty desperate to buy...

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Giroud is a solid premier league proven striker. £18m in this market is robbery

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Ninpo posted:

£18m seems a loving steal, is his contract up?

e: or are Chelsea outbusinessing Arsenal again because they know they're desperate to sell? That said, Chelsea are pretty desperate to buy...

Nope, contract runs through next season. He will be 32 this year.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
good god that is hellaciously cheap, what the hell is going on there?

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Arsenal are a loving joke of a club is what's going on, they think a new striker will appease fans while getting rid of a proven guy who has been dedicated to the club since day one, to a rival, for low money...... it's bonkers.

They should be calling Dortmund's bluff about cancelling the deal.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Shrapnig posted:

Nope, contract runs through next season. He will be 32 this year.

32 isn't that old for a striker like Giroud he's never been a pace merchant

Arsenal seem to have given up on Lacazette pretty fast, he gave Squilacci more time than this and he was a loving garbagefire

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Yeah he could easily play 3-4 more seasons with his game and still be effective enough to be at top clubs as a super sub.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

bewbies posted:

good god that is hellaciously cheap, what the hell is going on there?

Gazidis and his new hires want to prove they can close a big deal without Wenger, basically. I think they pissed off Dortmund and were surprised by their late insistence that they get a replacement before they let Aubameyang go, which I honestly think is just Dortmund spiting Arsenal for lowballing them over and over. Loaning Giroud to Dortmund was briefly on the table but he lost interest in that once Chelsea came along. Arsenal thought they had all the leverage in negotiations, they were sorely mistaken, and now they're out of time and scrambling to get the deal done so they don't look like fools. If this were a Wenger transfer he'd probably just let it go, but that would be catastrophic for Gazidis, who is a well-known moron and needs a win.

Lenin Riefenstahl
Sep 18, 2003

That's enough! Out of here, you tubs of beer!
Yeah, guess it comes down to Lacazette is 26 and Aubameyang is 28 while Giroud is gonna be 32.

£18m is stupidly cheap and I'm real mad about this.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

More like

Farcenal

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
arsenal fans itt getting butthurt about signing a world class striker and selling a second rate wasteman who puts twixes in his bum

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Giroud leaving is really upsetting, it's precisely the sort of move Arsenal shouldn't and don't need to make

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Giroud wants game time, he isn’t getting game time at Arsenal. Giroud’s wife doesn’t want to leave London. Giroud’s wife gets what Giroud’s wife wants because Giroud got caught with his pants down. So Chelsea know they aren’t going to have to pay massive money because the only other London team linked with Giroud are West Ham, and no one in their right mind would leave Arsenal for West Ham.

It’s a great deal for Chelsea but the price factor is the same as Bonucci going for ‘low money’ when actually he just didn’t want to leave Italy which immediately reduced the market. If another decent team were in for Giroud then he would probably be worth about £30m in this market but if you know he isn’t going to leave London then what’s the point of pursuing him.

• Locked thread