Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Calling entire countries shitholes and calling racists deplorable: totally comparable statements.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

:decorum:
Could prickly city be any more obvious that they don't disagree with his policy and will go back to shilling for the GOP once they have a "respectable" face again?

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

sheep-dodger posted:

:decorum:
Could prickly city be any more obvious that they don't disagree with his policy and will go back to shilling for the GOP once they have a "respectable" face again?

You beat me to it

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

Stantis' base instinct of himself is that he's a loser. AGC

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Shangri-Law School posted:

It came up the second Trump took office. Nothing happened. :smith:

That was failure to divest and emoluments, though, wasn't it? Unless there's something else I didn't hear of. A President under investigation for collusion with Russia to subvert democracy openly acting in favour of Russia in the teeth of an overwhelming decision by the democratically elected houses is a bit more serious than that.

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

"I want a president who makes me proud, not one who confirms my baser insti--HEY THERE GOES HILLARY CLINTON GET HER"

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Oh joy the fisa memories is getting out unless Trump blocks it? Gonna be some takes.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I like enjoy agree with your perception of the POTUS.
Also, nice Pence caricature.

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

Fathis Munk posted:

Oh joy the fisa memories is getting out unless Trump blocks it? Gonna be some takes.

Garrison will draw Mueller and/or Hillary as some ancient warlock being sucked into a vortex, screaming "NOOOO, WE ARE UNDONE" while Manly Trump and Nunes stand side by side, clad in armor, smug smirks on their faces.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Telnaes on evangelicals' support for Trump.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan
Hm, yes, better label each individual dollar sign bag 'Pelosi' as well, just in case.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Starving Wolf posted:

Hm, yes, better label each individual dollar sign bag 'Pelosi' as well, just in case.
₱€₤₡$؋ :smugbert:

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Starving Wolf posted:

Yea but at least it wasn't "(((Pelosi)))" also they look like watermarks than actually writing a label on them.

Also yea I guess I should also say "Wtf do you think Pelosi makes?"

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/29/very-few-us-adults-report-receiving-bonuses-or-raises-from-the-republican-tax-law.html

quote:

Two percent of U.S. adults said they had gotten a raise, bonus or other additional benefits due to the Republican tax law enacted a month ago by President Donald Trump, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll released on Monday.

Well, at least it's 2% rather than 1%

That would be pretty bad optics

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Ularg posted:

they look like watermarks than actually writing a label on them.

Probably to make the inevitable Trump edits more effort.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

"Will no one rid me of this turbulent priest?"

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Yeah my grandmother keeps wondering how I'm such a nice person, but am not a Christian. It's been baffling her for years, like there's no rationale way for it to be true.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

One good thing we're getting out of this is Trump doing all the things the GOP keeps threatening to do to appease the base, but would never actually do.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

"DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH IT HURTS TO BE CALLED BAD FOR THINKING AFRICANS ARE SUBHUMAN PEOPLE? That word, r-r-racist, hurts me, so gently caress the rule of law!"

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Sir Tonk posted:

One good thing we're getting out of this is Trump doing all the things the GOP keeps threatening to do to appease the base, but would never actually do.

You do realise they instituted tariffs on washing machines and solar panels from China just a week ago, right?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Now what’s the percent of adults who have been laid off since the tax bill? My guess is higher then 2%

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Now what’s the percent of adults who have been laid off since the tax bill? My guess is higher then 2%

There are about 126 million adults working in the USA (as of december 2017), so 2% of that would be about 2.5 million. It's hard to find exact numbers on anything, but my rough estimate from what I could find would put the total number of layoffs in the 200-300 thousand range. So more like .2% of people? Of course, the tax bill was passed barely more than a month ago. It's quite likely that - like pretty much all of the bonuses - these layoffs would have happened anyway.
Economic forces are big and slow, we will see the damage done by the tax bill once it's been in effect for a while. "X does Y because of the tax bill" is almost certainly just people jumping on a high profile event to make headlines at this point.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

NANCY PELOSI IS AN OUT-OF-TOUCH RICH PERSON BECAUSE SHE THINKS $1,000 IS A DROP IN THE BUCKET

also giving employees a one-time tip is even better than giving them comprehensive, affordable healthcare

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

It must be nice being in a party that's so unbelievably dumb as gently caress that you can just crank out awful talking points like this and get your viewers to eat it up because they never think about anything past the surface level.

I mean that's how it is from now on; each and every time Trump says something awfully offensive and unprofessional the response will be "Yeah but he just said a dirty word, here's a time when a Democrat said 'drat' on camera. So I guess you're all just hypocrites then aren't you?"

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Sir Tonk posted:

Yeah my grandmother keeps wondering how I'm such a nice person, but am not a Christian. It's been baffling her for years, like there's no rationale way for it to be true.

Tell her that you admire the way she restrains herself from eating the children of the neighbors, even if its only the fear of Gods wrath holding her back.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

This is fuckin' amazing.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

This is fuckin' amazing.

Pence makes me think of Bat-Boy.

It's the second best Pence I've seen after Telnaes

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Wistful of Dollars posted:

Pence makes me think of Bat-Boy.

Pence makes you think of Rick Scott?

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
"Boy we people hate hearing about politics so much"~a motherfucking political cartoonist.

Like...you're proving her point for her. She's rich so yes, that small amount of money does look to be "crumbs" compared to her wealth, and she feels that's unfair. Ummm? "Boo"? "Everyone boo this woman for feeling things are unfair"? That doesn't sound right...
See what you SHOULD have motherfucking done you contemptible shitpile with less talent, is draw POOR people smiling HUGELY at their windfall while Pelosi rides by in her golden limo crying about ""Crumbs". But Branco is spiritually incapable of drawing a "poor person" as anything other than a scowling welfare sucking minority leech (or, as Branco knows them, "minorities".) so he'd have to draw his good old fat dumpy white guy with a MAGA hat on looking hurt and confused as he received A BIG CHECK and Pelosi somethingsomethingwomenbad.

Basically Branco puts as much thought into his actual professional career as I do my morning dump.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Pence makes you think of Rick Scott?

That caricature, anyway.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Duke Igthorn posted:

"Boy we people hate hearing about politics so much"~a motherfucking political cartoonist.

Like...you're proving her point for her. She's rich so yes, that small amount of money does look to be "crumbs" compared to her wealth, and she feels that's unfair. Ummm? "Boo"? "Everyone boo this woman for feeling things are unfair"? That doesn't sound right...
See what you SHOULD have motherfucking done you contemptible shitpile with less talent, is draw POOR people smiling HUGELY at their windfall while Pelosi rides by in her golden limo crying about ""Crumbs". But Branco is spiritually incapable of drawing a "poor person" as anything other than a scowling welfare sucking minority leech (or, as Branco knows them, "minorities".) so he'd have to draw his good old fat dumpy white guy with a MAGA hat on looking hurt and confused as he received A BIG CHECK and Pelosi somethingsomethingwomenbad.

Basically Branco puts as much thought into his actual professional career as I do my morning dump.
I should write a big old article at some point about the decline of political cartoons. Because it's not about bad art, and it's certainly not about political opinions - at some point in the 21st century, political cartoonists just decided that metaphors are unnecessary. Quaint. Outdated. What political cartoons should be about, henceforth, is text. Dumb and so goddamned crazy facing reasonable old Gerald, a duck masturbating into a void, a bunch of labels stuck to a hairy penis. The drawing relevant at best, maybe (if we're lucky) depicting the subject of all the text.

Instead of the drawing being an image that's the genesis and point of the cartoon, with the text being secondary.

Like this terrible loving cracked article. It features Kreider's (?) "Science vs Religion" cartoon right in the middle, as an example of how bad political cartoons are. The Cracked writer is (pardon the tautology) absolutely retarded. That cartoon exemplifies exactly what political cartoons are meant to be, yet rarely are anymore. Yes, it simplifies a complex topic and take a stance based on that simplification - but it communicates its point via a simple, striking, and memorable image, the text being secondary (though it does help the picture).

How many of the thread regulars even try to come up with a coherent metaphor instead of a wall of text with an ugly mug in the center? Even favorite caricaturists would rather go for grotesque faces than a coherent visual message. No wonder Bennet loves his falling letters as much as Ramirez loves his Debt.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Acknowledging HIllary won the popular vote without the help of voter fraud is a step forward, albeit tiny, for Mikey.

The salami is good! The cucumber is evil!

Stonepanels posted:

Curious what the ROI is on aluminum can recycling versus your average social science degree.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

A... a good comic?

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!

Jerry Cotton posted:

A... a good comic?

Completely undone by the comment he made with it

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Kibibit posted:

Completely undone by the comment he made with it

Life hack: I didn't read the comment :smugmrgw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I'm curious what Red Panels thinks the solution is to the student debt crisis

Even something like "maybe every single young person in America shouldn't be pressured into driving themselves into massive debt for no real reason upon coming of age, or be told they're a huge failure" wouldn't be too heinous, and it can't be "minorities shouldn't go to college" or the guy from the comic would have been a much more obvious stereotype

Like, you'd expect him to have the absolute most shithead take on every issue, and for this issue that would probably be "students are just WHINING and LAZY and should solve this problem by just being rich"