Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

WhatEvil posted:

I reported a guy on the PUBG forums which was how you were supposed to do it before there was a report button... got a reply a MONTH later saying the guy had been banned. Dude had like a 40KDR or something when I reported him.

They aren't doing poo poo about hackers. These guys should be autobanned at the very least after their 2nd or 3rd game with 35+ kills. It can't be that loving hard to run some simple metrics. Also dude must have had like 100+ reports.

Some of the hacks that exist aren't obvious at first glance or people only toggle them when they feel like they need to. It just isn't always easy to tell.

However not instabanning people who shoot through walls is absolutely inexcusable. Granted sifting through a poo poo load of reports also can't be easy. Millions of people play this game and I guarantee there are people that just mash report every single time they get killed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

:discourse:

rarbatrol
Apr 17, 2011

Hurt//maim//kill.
A couple months ago I put together a highlights video of some my friends and I playing. It's mostly improbable events: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORWC6U3kj5k

After seeing the newest dearsomeone video, I'm feeling inspired to make more. I'm pretty sure I have better raw material to work with.

Fantastipotamus
Nov 19, 2002

Nothing's wrong. Nothing is wrong. Everything is on track.

Ravendas posted:

Ctrl-1 gets you in the drivers seat from any other seat. You could have kept going, no reason not to kill him!
Yeah, i wasn’t quick enough, sadly. Ahh well..

CrazyLittle posted:

A scorpion and a frog meet on the bank of a stream and the
scorpion asks the frog to carry him across on its back. The
frog asks, "How do I know you won't sting me?" The scorpion
says, "Because if I do, I will die too."

The frog is satisfied, and they set out, but in midstream,
the scorpion stings the frog. The frog feels the onset of
paralysis and starts to sink, knowing they both will drown,
but has just enough time to gasp "Why?"

Replies the scorpion: "Its my nature..."
This is.. perfect.

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003
I'll never catch "the gay"!

Magnificent.

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!
New patch is out on test.

quote:

Players, as with the last patch, a new type of anti-cheat solution, which is still under development, is to be applied on the test servers. We are in a test phase with this solution, and its stability and compatibility need to be verified. We would like to collect data about potential compatibility issues, analyze it and solve any issues that may emerge.

If you experience a crash, please take a screenshot that shows the error and report it here.[forums.playbattlegrounds.com] If the current test build is consistently crashing for you, we recommend that you play on the live servers instead. Thank you for your understanding.

Please find the patch notes below:

World
Miramar improvements
Added more buildings and cover across the map to improve the engagement experience
Added more off-road routes for easier vehicle navigation
Upgraded the item spawn level of certain areas for loot balancing (some areas will spawn better loot)

Replay
The replay system has now been updated to a newer version and past replay files cannot be played anymore

Bug fixes
Fixed the issue where heal and boost items could be used underwater
Fixed the issue where characters would get stuck in certain areas on Miramar
Fixed the issue where wall textures on some Miramar buildings were not displaying correctly
Fixed the issue where certain buildings near by Hacienda del Patron were not displaying correctly

Thank you.
The PUBG Development and Community Team

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

Hell yeah Pecado is even better now, the layout for the high rise is less annoying and has better poo poo

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Do you still get BPs for playing in the test server?

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!

New Zealand can eat me posted:

Hell yeah Pecado is even better now, the layout for the high rise is less annoying and has better poo poo

So they modified the buildings themselves?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Elman posted:

Do you still get BPs for playing in the test server?

You get test server BPs for test server crates/items, which you can't sell.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I still want to be able to change my dumb username.

3/10

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I don't really need to change my name, but it is pretty weird that I can't

I mean this is the perfect example of a game that does not benefit from permanent screen names

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

hawowanlawow posted:

I don't really need to change my name, but it is pretty weird that I can't

I mean this is the perfect example of a game that does not benefit from permanent screen names

And you know, this is Steam. Just use our Steam names and be done with it.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

quote:

Fixed the issue where heal and boost items could be used underwater

hahaha nooooo this saved me twice

Star Man posted:

I still want to be able to change my dumb username.

3/10

I'm happy with WeinerTweets but I feel like I'm gonna wanna change it soon

maybe to Girthquake

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
What would you say your base minimum items would be for saying "ok, this is enough to fight in the final circles I don't need to look in any more houses"

How many healing items, what tier armor, anything besides a assault rifle.

Are you fine with iron sights or just a red dot? are there any attachment slots your fine leaving empty on certain guns?

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Jan 30, 2018

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

I can't give you an in depth reply, but it probably depends on the map. I feel you can get away with more in Erangel cause there's plenty of visual cover (lying down in the grass is insanely good when people are within 200m, you can literally hide in plain sight even against people with scopes). Helps a lot when you're facing people with superior gear in the last few circles.

In Miramar, most of the map is wide open and the only cover comes from terrain (ie, positioning). You could just camp a good spot on a hill even with bad items, but if the circles force you to move you basically need a x4 sight and good armor or you don't stand a chance.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
The point where you stop looting should be based on time rather than items and depends on the game, but is generally "well before the third circle" at the latest.

cyanidewolf
Sep 1, 2007

Truly the corgiest of goodposts

AR, sight, vest and helmet. Then look for anyone who landed near to relieve them of their loot. Otherwise keep looting until whatever loot goblin you are playing with thinks it's a good idea to leave and then go.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

What would you say your base minimum items would be for saying "ok, this is enough to fight in the final circles I don't need to look in any more houses"

How many healing items, what tier armor, anything besides a assault rifle.

Are you fine with iron sights or just a red dot? are there any attachment slots your fine leaving empty on certain guns?

Yea, it really depends on the map, and how far away you are from the circles starting to form.

My min. would probably be: level 2+ everything, m4/scar with 150+ ammo, 4x on a sniper (preferably a kar98, but a 4x on an m16 has been something I enjoy lately), 3 boosts, 2 kits, 10 bandages. As far as attachments, I'd be fine leaving them empty, but if you didn't find any attachments going into the final circles, you are doing something wrong.

Obviously, these are minimums and not the ideal perfect loot I would like going into the final circle. When you kill people in the final few circles, your loot usually instantly becomes a ton better.

Sir Spaniard
Nov 9, 2009

The Mash posted:

Here's a tip for you. Yes, YOU: Click the button faster when single-firing, no matter if it's with a red dot or a 4x, no matter the distance. You can click the button twice as fast as you're currently doing and still easily manage the recoil.

Omg yes this. I don't actually like using auto fire on the guns that have it. I much prefer clicking each shot. I feel like it gives me more control with the recoil.. Which could be wrong in terms of the recoil... But it's still auto fire speeds, and I can stop and line up again to aim better, rather than just spraying all my bullets at and around someone.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Sir Spaniard posted:

Omg yes this. I don't actually like using auto fire on the guns that have it. I much prefer clicking each shot. I feel like it gives me more control with the recoil.. Which could be wrong in terms of the recoil... But it's still auto fire speeds, and I can stop and line up again to aim better, rather than just spraying all my bullets at and around someone.

In addition to this: the m16 burst fire is extremely good.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Rex-Goliath posted:

*at certain ranges.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Rex-Goliath posted:

Except when it's bad.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Elman posted:

And you know, this is Steam. Just use our Steam names and be done with it.

I feel like this is a way for them to prevent account spoofing. I was going to use family share and play on my gf's steam account to practice with reset mmr and the pubg name prevents that.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

DrNutt posted:

I feel like this is a way for them to prevent account spoofing. I was going to use family share and play on my gf's steam account to practice with reset mmr and the pubg name prevents that.

Even if that was the case they could use an account ID code for that while still displaying your Steam username on the UI.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Aren't a shitload of copies sold through not-Steam though? If they don't want name clashes then they have to use their own account name system.

edit: Oh yeah, duh, and you can change your Steam name whenever like the person below me states.

odiv fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Jan 30, 2018

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Elman posted:

Even if that was the case they could use an account ID code for that while still displaying your Steam username on the UI.

They would have had to think of that. My other guess is something to do with the fact you can change your steam name at any time and it doesn't need to be unique.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
I thinks the main issue here is China, as always.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

Ashrik
Feb 9, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.
https://forums.playbattlegrounds.com/topic/170725-reshade-allowed-moderator-or-administrator/?page=3&tab=comments#comment-551014

quote:

We are testing a new anti cheat solution on our test servers this week and it is to block cheats more effectively. This will also block 3rd party programs that modify the gameplay or visuals in an invasive way. Reshade is one of the programs that will be blocked by this measure.

We are first testing the anti-cheat solution on our test servers.

When this is implemented on the live servers, such programs will be blocked. We will provide more updates when they become available.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
I find it hilarious that this trips PUBGs anti cheat software.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

^ really? I use Yak Yak and it hasn't caused problems for me (yet).

Didn't they fix the 8x not returning to it's previous zoom level when switching weapons? It sure isn't fixed for me.

E: or is that only on test right now?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i've seen a weird thing a couple times when watching death cams. it'll show my reaction as a second or so slower than it was in the actual fight. most recent was pecado - i started shooting a guy the moment he came into vision around the corner of a building. we were like 15 feet apart and i hit him three times (puffs and all). on the death cam we see each other, it shows me wait a bit, then start shooting same time he does (on my end i opened fire first). only two of my hits register on the cam. it wouldn't have mattered in terms of winning the fight as i didn't have a helmet and i needed a fourth shot to down him but is that a cam thing or a lag thing or what.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

cant wait to play some pubg when i get-

ahhh just like back in early access :thumbsup:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
replays dont seem particularly accurate

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

BraveUlysses posted:

Yeah, the death cam is pretty much there to tell you where that guy who killed you was.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Yea, it really depends on the map, and how far away you are from the circles starting to form.

My min. would probably be: level 2+ everything, m4/scar with 150+ ammo, 4x on a sniper (preferably a kar98, but a 4x on an m16 has been something I enjoy lately), 3 boosts, 2 kits, 10 bandages. As far as attachments, I'd be fine leaving them empty, but if you didn't find any attachments going into the final circles, you are doing something wrong.

Obviously, these are minimums and not the ideal perfect loot I would like going into the final circle. When you kill people in the final few circles, your loot usually instantly becomes a ton better.

You're a full blown loot goblin if this is your minimum

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

underage at the vape shop posted:

If you don't have these things going into the final few circles, you looted wrong, didn't kill anyone, or started at some lovely yellow houses and have been running to other lovely yellow houses for 15 minutes.

Like, maybe one out of every fifteen games I play I don't have that stuff going into the final few circles (when I make it that far).

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

underage at the vape shop posted:

you're turbofucked in the final circle without that unless you get lucky. maybe you thought he meant first circle?

BraveUlysses posted:

i know they aren't in terms of aiming and such but the timing of everything was way off (and he shoulda been a shot from death from my vantage point).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Thom P. Tiers posted:

If you don't have these things going into the final few circles, you looted wrong, didn't kill anyone, or started at some lovely yellow houses and have been running to other lovely yellow houses for 15 minutes.

Like, maybe one out of every fifteen games I play I don't have that stuff going into the final few circles (when I make it that far).

If you are looting houses till you get that, you're looting too much.