Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

BODYSLAM ! ! !

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Helios Grime posted:

Thought of pixels Aunt and died killed her.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

When I worked at UPS we had a division-wide bounty for information leading to the recovery of a missing 70lb Gatling gun- Glocks are small potatoes.

When I was working at a terminal, we had a big-rear end part of an AA gun turret sitting in one corner for several months because it had arrived without any paperwork or labels, probably unloaded by the driver so we didn't even know who'd sent it. Then when someone finally managed/bothered to find out where it was going, no-one could find it anymore and no-one knew who had taken it. :iiam:

It looked a lot like the bottom part of this, only wider and with some markings in Swedish:

Slugnoid posted:

Also all the parcel posties were permanently pissed on red wine. If a bottle breaks in a case of 12 the whole box is written off and supposed to be 'destroyed' in a hopper out the back of the distribution centre. The hopper was always filled with empty wine stained cardboard but very few bottles.

Around here they require alcohol vessels damaged during transit always be returned in their entirety to the brewery/distillery/whatever. If the bottles are smashed to bits, necks with intact tops will do. And they do count them.

e: Muffins on the other hand... :yum:

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 17:21 on Jan 30, 2018

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Lmao this is straight out of Happy Gilmore

https://twitter.com/SBNation/status/957674478925942784

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Memento posted:

TFR is full of stories of people ordering firearms that get left on the front porch and stolen. :911:

UPS left ten crates of ammunition on my parent's porch with no signature once.

I had it delivered to my parent's house because I expected to be there when UPS normally delivered large/heavy poo poo in our area, and (as you would expect) ammunition was 'adult signature required'. The delivery guy was early, and no one was home.
Had I known they were just going to leave it, I would have had him take it to my house and saved the effort.

Honestly though, the only time I've ever had to actually sign for ammo was when a supervisor was training a new guy, so I guess I shouldn't have expected much.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
Here in Frankfurt I'm learning that delivery people will just straight up give your poo poo to your neighbors (even way down the block) if you're not home when they try to deliver it to you. Most of the time they don't even leave a card, they just rely on you to figure out where your stuff is. I asked Amazon to have them at least leave a note to tell me which river they threw my poo poo into and Amazon just said "lol no".

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Well of course they're not going to refer you to their competitors.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

:laffo: what did the guy yell?

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

BraveUlysses posted:

In the hole!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

BraveUlysses posted:

"gently caress her right in the pussy!"

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Lurking Haro posted:

In the hole!

It's in the hole! IT'S IN THE HOLE!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbQTXFJL8lo&t=75s

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWnVxe1qp8

:3:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Here's some more feel-good/scoodyfrood crossover
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQCGOuhfovQ

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Couple of scumfuck lawyers are about to get hammered by the state bar association in Arizona.

Here's the scam. You're a little weasel and someone says something mean about you online. You'd like to get Google to remove these mean things from their search results, so you send them a letter claiming you were defamed by this person and these mean things are defamatory. Google turns around and says "No, sorry, we're not going to treat it as defamatory just on your say-so, send us a court decision showing that it's defamatory."

Now you could sue the person you're claiming defamed you, except that they didn't actually defame you so this would just be an expensive lawsuit that probably gets you a SLAP countersuit and costs you a lot of money. So what you do is concoct a fictitious person, file a lawsuit against this fictitious person, file an agreement whereby this fictitious defeandant says "I'm sorry, it was defamatory, I agree it should be taken down," and get the court to approve this settlement. Then you send a copy of that to Google and say "See? Everyone agrees it's defamatory, take it down."

Lots of times this thing gets performed by shady reputation-management companies hired by little weasels, but occasionally actual lawyers are involved. These two idiots in Arizona, Aaron Kelly and Dan Warner (of Kelly/Warner Law), have been doing this for a while:

https://usaherald.com/kelly-warner-law-firm-blames-usa-herald-arizona-bar-investigation/
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.3aace59e3dd7
http://reason.com/volokh/2018/01/29/arizona-bar-accuses-lawyers-of-suing-fak

Anyway, here's the state bar about to come down on them:

https://reason.com/assets/db/15172543163948.pdf

quote:

[30.] In 2016, Respondent Warner was hired by Joseph Chinnock to remove allegedly defamatory posts about Chinnock from the internet. At that time, Respondent Warner was already aware that Chinnock was accused in Florida of fraud and using a fake identity [because Kelly/Warner Law had earlier gotten the court file in the Florida Kogan v. Chinnock case, in which Chinnock was accused of fraud and impersonation].

[31.] The allegedly defamatory posts were purported to originate from a woman named Krista Ivanski.

[32.] Prior to filing the complaint on behalf of Chinnock, Respondent Warner and others in his firm communicated with an individual identifying herself as defendant Krista Ivanski. All communication was conducted through email. No one from the firm spoke with Ivanski on the phone or in person.

[33.] The email addresses for Ivanski were provided to the law firm by Chinnock. The email addresses were sandrabond249@gmail.com and sarawood7 66@gmail.com.

[34.] In June 2016, Respondent Warner filed a complaint on behalf of Joseph Chinnock .... Prior to filing the complaint, Respondent Warner was aware that Chinnock was accused in Florida of fraud and using a fake identity.

[35.] The complaint in Chinnock v. Ivanski alleges defendant Krista Ivanski defamed Plaintiff Joseph Chinnock by posting 38 false statements about Chinnock on the internet....

[37.] Respondent Warner took no action to determine if the statements were true or false before filing the lawsuit.

[38.] The first URL listed in the complaint (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=669614.0) routes to a page wherein individuals complain about a scam run by Joseph Chinnock. The page claims Chinnock uses the aliases of Sara Wood, Sara Ward, and Patrick McDowell to run scams.

[39.] Sarawood766@gmail.com was one of the email addresses for Ivanski provided to the firm by Chinnock.

[40.] The complaint states Ivanski resides in Turkey and Chinnock resides in Colorado. The complaint states, "[t]he parties purposefully availed themselves of the benefits of Arizona law," but does not explain how the state courts in Arizona have jurisdiction to hear the matter....

[42.] Respondent Warner knew that Krista Ivanski is not a real person. Krista Ivanski was fabricated to serve as defendant in the matter.

[43.] Respondent Warner knew that Krista Ivanski did not post the 38 allegedly defamatory statements.

[44.] Respondent Warner knew that the 38 allegedly defamatory statements were not posted by the same person.

[45.] Respondent Warner knew that legal action regarding many of the allegedly defamatory statements was barred by the [Arizona one-year] statute of limitations ....

[46.] Alternatively, if Respondent Warner did not know the information in paragraphs 42-45, Respondent Warner failed to investigate the matter prior to filing the complaint.

[47.] In June 2016, Respondent Warner filed a document entitled "Stipulation For Permanent Injunction and Dismissal Without Prejudice," ostensibly signed by Krista Ivanski. Warner knew that Ivanski's signature was forged or failed to investigate the matter prior to filing the document....

[50.] The proposed order is signed by Ivanski and notarized by Amanda Sparks, a notary from Fulton County, Georgia. The Plaintiff's Verification attached to the original complaint and signed by Chinnock was also notarized in Fulton County, Georgia. According to the complaint, neither Ivanski nor Chinnock reside in Georgia.

[51.] There is no notary in Fulton County named Amanda Sparks. A search performed via the Georgia Superior Court Clerk's Cooperative Authority notary search shows no notary in Fulton County named Amanda Sparks. The notarization by Amanda Sparks is a forgery.

[52.] Respondent Warner knew that the notarization by "Amanda Sparks" from Fulton County, Georgia, was a forgery or failed to investigate the matter prior to filing the document.

[53.] In August 2016, Respondent Warner filed a document entitled "Stipulation For Amended Order For Permanent Injunction," ostensibly signed by Krista Ivanski. The address used for Ivanski in the Stipulation For Amended Order For Permanent Injunction differs from the addresses used for Ivanski in earlier pleadings.

[54.] The proposed Amended Order For Permanent Injunction is signed by Ivanski and notarized by "Samantha Pierce," a notary from Colorado. According to the complaint, Chinnock resides in Colorado while Ivanski resides in Turkey.

[55.] There is no notary in Colorado named Samantha Pierce. A notary search performed via the Colorado Secretary of State's website returns "no records found" for notary Samantha Pierce. The notarization by Samantha Pierce is a forgery.

[56.] The notary ID used by Samantha Pierce is 20121234567. The sample notary seal displayed on the Colorado Secretary of State's general notary information page uses notary ID 20121234567.

[57.] Respondent Warner knew that the notarization by Samantha Pierce was a forgery or failed to investigate the matter prior to filing the document.

[58.] The request for an amended order for permanent injunction was granted by the Court.

[59.] Chinnock v. Ivanski was a fraudulent lawsuit designed to achieve client Chinnock's goal of removing online criticism without having to prove the elements of defamation.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Phanatic posted:

[56.] The notary ID used by Samantha Pierce is 20121234567. The sample notary seal displayed on the Colorado Secretary of State's general notary information page uses notary ID 20121234567.

:lol: wow. They might as well have gone all the way and given their fake notary the name Nota Rei.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Phanatic posted:

Couple of scumfuck lawyers are about to get hammered by the state bar association in Arizona.

Here's the scam. You're a little weasel and someone says something mean about you online. You'd like to get Google to remove these mean things from their search results, so you send them a letter claiming you were defamed by this person and these mean things are defamatory. Google turns around and says "No, sorry, we're not going to treat it as defamatory just on your say-so, send us a court decision showing that it's defamatory."

Now you could sue the person you're claiming defamed you, except that they didn't actually defame you so this would just be an expensive lawsuit that probably gets you a SLAP countersuit and costs you a lot of money. So what you do is concoct a fictitious person, file a lawsuit against this fictitious person, file an agreement whereby this fictitious defeandant says "I'm sorry, it was defamatory, I agree it should be taken down," and get the court to approve this settlement. Then you send a copy of that to Google and say "See? Everyone agrees it's defamatory, take it down."

Lots of times this thing gets performed by shady reputation-management companies hired by little weasels, but occasionally actual lawyers are involved. These two idiots in Arizona, Aaron Kelly and Dan Warner (of Kelly/Warner Law), have been doing this for a while:

https://usaherald.com/kelly-warner-law-firm-blames-usa-herald-arizona-bar-investigation/

Is this a disbarring offense? And could there be criminal liability, as well? I have to think this is illegal.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Phanatic posted:

I always wondered about those reputation management companies. Seems like they would be popular with bitter restaurant owners and petty doctors.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Panfilo posted:

I always wondered about those reputation management companies. Seems like they would be popular with bitter restaurant owners and petty doctors.

There was a thing awhile back where some of them got caught smearing businesses ahead of time and then offering to fix it for a fee.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Panfilo posted:

bitter restaurant owners and petty doctors.

But you repeat yourself.
But you repeat yourself.

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

This one always has some extra schaden in it, because in the video you can hear one of her friends, off camera, start to say "As a white person..." before she's interrupted by the fall, and you just KNOW she was about to say some racist poo poo.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Rope Swings: Not even once

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

poo poo like them not being able to tolerate the slightest noise, is why golf is a game and not a sport.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Glazier posted:

poo poo like them not being able to tolerate the slightest noise, is why golf is a game and not a sport.

what about archery?

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Burt Sexual posted:

what about archery?

Same but I wouldn't say it to one of their faces obviously.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Burt Sexual posted:

what about archery?

If think if golfers could tolerate archery the sport would be much badasser.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Glazier posted:

nice hot take

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Burt Sexual posted:

what about archery?

Or TENNIS?

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
It's the contrast that makes a difference. If everyone in the crowd was at that level of energy the whole time, it wouldn't be a problem (see also: any other sport). But if it's dead quiet and someone starts screaming like someone stuffed a snake down their pants, yeah you're going to flinch.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Burt Sexual posted:

what about archery?

The presence of spectators actually make archery much more difficult
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpaue3Jhn1o

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

millions of kids who scream when friends are hitting baseballs or doing other tasks are all actually wrong and no one is surprised ever

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
You go to a golf tournament, you know what you're getting in to.

I suppose the symphony audience is a bunch of lame-os for not singing along to the concerto, phones lit above their heads, right?

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Glazier posted:

Is there some reason golfists don't wear earplugs or something? Seems like this is an easy problem to solve, and it's not like they need to be able to hear a referee.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

ElGroucho posted:

A guillotine, hopefully?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

ExecuDork posted:

I started listening to this in another tab, then came back here and scrolled down through that trio of randaconda GIFs.

This soundtrack works really freakin' well for this thread. The autoplay queued up this next, it also works.

Get about a minute twenty in, the good stuff starts.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

ElGroucho posted:

I suppose the symphony audience is a bunch of lame-os for not singing along to the concerto, phones lit above their heads, right?

there are concerts, symphonies even, where this happens.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
Mom dies of flu after concerns over medication side effects

Side effects include: not death.

trickybiscuits has a new favorite as of 22:37 on Jan 30, 2018

CerealCrunch
Jun 23, 2007

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

there are concerts, symphonies even, where this happens.

I like to go to a Berlioz concert and yell "GET IN THE HOLE!"

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

CerealCrunch posted:

I like to go to a Berlioz concert and yell "GET IN THE HOLE!"

Stop hectoring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

This one is on the doctor, he told her the side effects of Tamiflu are often worse than the flu itself. That doctor essentially discouraged her from taking the drug.