Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Giroud wants game time, he isn’t getting game time at Arsenal. Giroud’s wife doesn’t want to leave London. Giroud’s wife gets what Giroud’s wife wants because Giroud got caught with his pants down. So Chelsea know they aren’t going to have to pay massive money because the only other London team linked with Giroud are West Ham, and no one in their right mind would leave Arsenal for West Ham.

It’s a great deal for Chelsea but the price factor is the same as Bonucci going for ‘low money’ when actually he just didn’t want to leave Italy which immediately reduced the market. If another decent team were in for Giroud then he would probably be worth about £30m in this market but if you know he isn’t going to leave London then what’s the point of pursuing him.
He has a contract, Arsenal can hold him to it.

Wenger tries to be nice and this happens all the time. A transfer request means poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
boro have signed some MLS wasteman

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

We shall see...

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Vegetable posted:

Wenger tries to be nice and this happens all the time. A transfer request means poo poo

He absolutely can hold him to it though maybe they want to have good morale across the board after the reported bad morale Sanchez had infected the team with so feel if they aren’t going to play him and he is going to hang around sulking it’s better to sell him than let him upset the apple cart just in case you need him.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I hope Giroud is confirmed and then Auba’s medical gets failed.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Come on it's Arsenal, he could turn up with one leg taped on with duct tape and the other looking like it's been through a combine harvester and Arsenal would still sign him.

Remember when they signed a guy with a broken back?

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Ninpo posted:

Come on it's Arsenal, he could turn up with one leg taped on with duct tape and the other looking like it's been through a combine harvester and Arsenal would still sign him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqpEwHjJsSc

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Ninpo posted:

No spine can describe most of Arsenal’s signing tbf

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I hope Batshuayi and Aubameyang are confirmed, and then Arsenal pull a Demba Ba on Chelsea and not put the Giroud paperwork through.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

No spine can describe most of Arsenal’s signing tbf

I'm so happy you took that

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

UnlimitedSpessmans posted:

he';s english m8

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Vegetable posted:

I think there’s a couple things going on. Arsenal have a problem with wages and morale, so they probably didn’t want another highly paid unhappy player around.

It’s definitely a great signing for Chelsea, but I don’t think the price is crazy. A 31 year old striker isn’t going to fetch £35m.

Overall I’m sad to lose him, but I’m not bricking it about losing a 31 year old striker who wasn’t going to play much. The biggest thing for Arsenal is losing an aerial threat off the bench.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Jose posted:

he';s english m8

yeah but he played in the MLS so he has the curse of being insanely bad.

I'd rather have boro legend Kei Kamara back tbh

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
What kind of manager would start giroud ahead of morata and batshuayi

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

RideTheSpiral posted:

What kind of manager would start giroud ahead of morata and batshuayi

morata is poo poo lol

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Jose posted:

morata is poo poo lol

I think he’s pretty good but he can’t really score goals for some reason

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Morata's woes seem to have been overstated. He's on track to score as many goals as he's scored in past seasons.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

UnlimitedSpessmans posted:

Is that Jack Harrison? Stoke were after him all window but couldn't agree terms with his club. Now City have swept in and apparently signed him for less than what Stoke were offering. This part ownership of clubs bollocks is shite and shouldn't be allowed.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Jose posted:

morata is poo poo lol

Maybe there's Two sides to this..

:v:

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
lol at pep trying to buy another £60m player because one of his glut of world class midfielders is out for a month

Shroud
May 11, 2009

RideTheSpiral posted:

lol at pep trying to buy another £60m player because one of his glut of world class midfielders is out for a month

Not a City fan, but the new signing is a CB and the injured player is a winger.

Otamendi's 30, so he'd not going to be around too much longer, Kompany is never going to play more than 1 game a week. It's not a bad move at all.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Shroud posted:

Otamendi's 30, so he'd not going to be around too much longer, Kompany is never going to play more than 1 game a week. It's not a bad move at all.

They are talking about Mahrez.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Shroud posted:

Good to see someone has taken up the Ledley King mantle

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

RideTheSpiral posted:

I think he’s pretty good but he can’t really score goals for some reason

A striker who can't score goals you say?

That made me look up Diego Forlan who is 38 and now playing in Hong Kong for Kitchee.

Technically he was a January transfer since he signed for them on a free on January 4.

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!

Wengy posted:

Big Olly G loving owns and is better than Lacazette and Aubameyang ffs

this

smgdh at trading in big Giroud for a couple twinks

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

EC10 posted:

this

smgdh at trading in big Giroud for a couple twinks

that’s a nice farewell gift for him

edit: sorry misread

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

RideTheSpiral posted:

Lmao

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
twinks always come in pairs don't they

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

RideTheSpiral posted:

Lmao

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

RideTheSpiral posted:

lol

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Sign on bonuses heading back to the 1970s

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

RideTheSpiral posted:

lmao

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

RideTheSpiral posted:

YES

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Legit where can you get a video card at msrp

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Trade Giroud for it?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

You can often find prebuilt computers with whatever card you want for significantly less than the card alone.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

RideTheSpiral posted:

lol

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Meat Wagon posted:

Is that Jack Harrison? Stoke were after him all window but couldn't agree terms with his club. Now City have swept in and apparently signed him for less than what Stoke were offering. This part ownership of clubs bollocks is shite and shouldn't be allowed.

yeah it was that, multiple club ownership is indeed the worst poo poo.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
It's going to own when Arsenal either fail hilariously on this deal OR they pull it off *maybe* get Ozil to sign a contract AND still can't score goals because their midfield are complete wastemen, the team continues to ship goals because they aren't drilled on how to defend properly/can't be bothered to do so, AND Cech continues to be past it.

Moral of the story is that Gazidis, the new contract guru, and their head of recruitment have gotten rid of 2 of Wengy's old toys in Coq and Walcott and managed to bring in 1 player player with maybe a 2nd coming as well that excel at counter attacking football....something that Arsenal rarely have the chance to take advantage of because they can't break down teams that pack 10 players around the box. So honestly signing Auba will likely not change anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
arsenal cant patch the holes fast enough and it makes me sad

• Locked thread