Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

is there a good heavy tank for the bounce twice your HP mission? i got close in the maus but that was entirely thanks to two tier 8 mediums i couldn't see bouncing rounds off me for a solid two minutes

4502B and hulldown T34 are my go to tanks for dis

just this round I had now I blocked 5k damage by hiding behind the Sherman wreck on Abbey with the T34 :cabot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

serious gaylord posted:

I've started going up some medium tank lines and tier 5-6-7 are some of the most dogshit games ever. So many 15-0's because all it takes is 3 good players who have a proper crew and equipment and they can roll entire teams.
Same, but for the Swedish TD line. Here's my latest map on El Halluf:

I don't even know why I bother.

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!

He named himself after a war-criminal. Of course he is going to be a racists, homophobic shitbag

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
If you want to play right now is a good time, since the current missions will let you earn half a bonds equipment piece. Maybe next year, with the next set you can earn the other half.
Also grand battles are really great for some of the campaign missions.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

R. Mute posted:

And mid level gameplay. And high level gameplay. I hate World of Tanks.

FTFY

BadLlama posted:

Being an arty scumbag is kind of one of the last enjoyable things left :(

First they came for my allchat, and I said nothing....

Gorman Thomas posted:

THE_RED_MENACE

I pretty much only play arty now since global chat was removed and it's my only way of making pubbies feel bad.

Ah, that name's familiar. Didn't you make a video about one of those obnoxious -G- guys - like "Excelsior" or whatever his name was, something with an "E" - talking poo poo and then doing 0 damage in his T57?

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
It was one of my replays but Battlecruiser made the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqObl-JUDf0

Xpedience really didn't like goons, and really didn't like it when we posted his mugshot from a domestic violence arrest on the WoT forums

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Gorman Thomas posted:

Xpedience really didn't like goons, and really didn't like it when we posted his mugshot from a domestic violence arrest on the WoT forums

lol world of tanks used to be way more fun

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Artillery without all chat is half the fun it used to be.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

serious gaylord posted:

Artillery without all chat is half the fun it used to be.

Skyhelper here to help.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Gorman Thomas posted:

Can't imagine that those are somehow related. Most of G was alright, but people like Garbad really made them look bad. Thankfully he was so loving easy to rile up that he'd spend too much time chatting rather then playing.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Everything I heard about -G- back when I was a certifiable internet tanks tryhard is that it was a miserable experience made slightly better only by the fact that no one ever attacked them because they just assumed they were going to lose, and that led to a lot of stagnation among their B and C teams.

Emnity
Sep 24, 2009

King of Scotland
So I have unlocked the IS after quite some time in the KV-85. Playstyles seem similar but it seems thenpower balance is a little off. I was rocking in the KV-85 but even in even tier matches I am struggling to maintain a decent sense of competence.

My IS isn't fully upgraded, but I have the 100mm gun.

Is it just a shift in many factors moving into Tier 7 or am I getting worse at tanks?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

The IS absolutely requires the 122mm, otherwise it's a medium tank with mediocre mobility and bad armor.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Gorman Thomas posted:

Ah yes, that's the video! See, I knew I remembered you! :D And I think I finally forgot Xpedience's name because I haven't seen him around in a long time. What's that about his mugshot though? :stare:

Emnity posted:

So I have unlocked the IS after quite some time in the KV-85. Playstyles seem similar but it seems thenpower balance is a little off. I was rocking in the KV-85 but even in even tier matches I am struggling to maintain a decent sense of competence.

My IS isn't fully upgraded, but I have the 100mm gun.

Is it just a shift in many factors moving into Tier 7 or am I getting worse at tanks?

I'll admit that I stuck the 100 mm on the IS after they buffed it, and that's what I'm using to bank XP on it after re-buying it in preparation for the new tanks. I just can't do the 122.... :(

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip
Here's the secret to the 122mm, waiting for it to aim makes it less accurate. This is how you should use it.

2Jets fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Jan 31, 2018

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

2Jets posted:

Here's the secret to the 122mm, waiting for it to aim makes it less accurate. This is how you should use it.

never aim any gun unless you can't get your crosshair centered before accidentally dialing in a little

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

We reach yet another new low on the "Pubbie Awareness" meter.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Hellsau posted:

The IS absolutely requires the 122mm, otherwise it's a medium tank with mediocre mobility and bad armor.

Supposedly the 100mm is a lot better than it used to be. I haven't tried it myself but it's viable. Just the same, the 122mm on that thing is so much fun.

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

Barry posted:

Supposedly the 100mm is a lot better than it used to be. I haven't tried it myself but it's viable. Just the same, the 122mm on that thing is so much fun.

We used to run the 1D1OT gun on the IS until you got the second 122. At that point, the second 122 is superior as the higher alpha means you peak less which means less damage taken. What I pay for in aimtime can be played around by having it preaimed on the target, firing from a bush, or only peaking after the enemy has already fired.

Playing this game to try to finish the 430 grind up (100K xp left) really makes me realize how many quality of life improvements tanks needs to make. I find the gameplay just isn't as rewarding as it could be. The RNG and map design are probably the two biggest culprits, but there are several others. The crew xp and perk system needs to be reworked. More game modes should be added. Tank balance should be adjusted less by making sure a tank is hitting 50%, and more at how a tank performs in certain population sets.

While the 1.0 release coming up will probably bring in new players, there are several changes WG should have made / be making as part of that release to help make sure you retain the players. Sadly, we all know WG is incompetent, and quality of life improvements from 4-5 years ago not yet being implemented is just ridiculous. They could learn from some of their other properties on what to do to make the game more fun. The game could be so much more with a good development team.

Okay off my soap box.

HFX fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Jan 31, 2018

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

HFX posted:

Okay off my soap box.

I don't think WG is going to make any serious changes until their Russian playerbase begins to die out. Last I heard it was dropping but not sure how it is now.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

lol

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Me? I have no problem to poland, no.

HFX
Nov 29, 2004
WG killing Tanks esports.

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/569336-wargamingnet-league-tournaments/page__p__11481257

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

I mean they had like two in-game tournaments for the NA server in 2017 so this isn't a particular surprise.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Bet there is still outstanding debts they haven't paid in rewards too.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

It blows my mind they never bothered having on-demand "tournaments" as a game mode. You form a team of 7, you each pay like 50 gold, when 8 total teams queue up you play a bracket tournament best of 5 games to see who the winner is, the winner gets 300 gold each and second gets their entry fee back. Bam, done, new game mode for competitive players and also a new way to practice for their esports.

also you could just do a credits version of that

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

Hellsau posted:

It blows my mind they never bothered having on-demand "tournaments" as a game mode. You form a team of 7, you each pay like 50 gold, when 8 total teams queue up you play a bracket tournament best of 5 games to see who the winner is, the winner gets 300 gold each and second gets their entry fee back. Bam, done, new game mode for competitive players and also a new way to practice for their esports.

also you could just do a credits version of that

This is why you are not a developer. We cannot have people enjoying this game!

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

the marketing bullshit is so thick that i can't even read that press release

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

esports are trash for children anyways.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Prav posted:

the marketing bullshit is so thick that i can't even read that press release

"We're so loving incompetent that, six years later, our game still has no automated process for creating and officiating tournaments. Literally all tournament pieces must be manually created and assigned. We don't want to pay for someone to do that for the NA server, so the NA server will not have tournaments or esports for the foreseeable future. Other servers may have tournaments, go make an account there if you want to compete."

seriously wargaming this poo poo ain't hard

BadLlama posted:

esports are trash for children anyways.

yeah but you need some sort of free gold payout to keep entrenched players in the game, because those players are how you keep your game alive

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Is it possible to move servers with your account then?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Poil posted:

Is it possible to move servers with your account then?

lol

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Have a replay of the most fun game I've had in a long time.

The enemy team on my flank were spaced out just enough that they were unable to cover each other, so winning was as easy as right clicking the closest tank and then holding left click as I drove straight at it.

The entire enemy team was destroyed in 4:30 without a single loss.

Highlights include the 260 on my team flipping a Cent 7/1 and me bouncing a shot from a T30.

McGavin fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Feb 3, 2018

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

:rip: my credits :cry:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

This is probably one of the better examples I've seen of how one lovely player can lose a game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIqKHSHBz38

If that T-10 at the beginning had contributed 1-2 damaging shots, the 907 would've had 2-3 rounds left over.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

BIG HEADLINE posted:

This is probably one of the better examples I've seen of how one lovely player can lose a game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIqKHSHBz38

If that T-10 at the beginning had contributed 1-2 damaging shots, the 907 would've had 2-3 rounds left over.

That motherfucker deserves that loss. He EASILY could have gathered enough speed to kill a 43 HP AT-15 with a ram. Accepting one less kill and a draw from timeout should actually just result in that player having their account deleted and maybe a short prison sentence.

Who is so afraid of their survival rate being damaged that they avoid the sick ram kill? Hell they could have asked their team, "Hey guys, I weigh 907 tons and they weigh 15 tons, right? Here I go!" and then gone for the ram.

e: oh also they could have ignored the clearly afk SU-14-2 and had an extra shell for finishing the AT-15, and potentially won by dodging 4-5 artillery shots on cap if the 14-2 came back

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Feb 3, 2018

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

the 907 seems pretty balanced

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Fat Jesus posted:

the 907 seems pretty balanced

It isn't. It's got a v-shaped hull with spaced armour like that invincible new tier 9 Soviet heavy had on the test server.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

McGavin posted:

It isn't. It's got a v-shaped hull with spaced armour like that invincible new tier 9 Soviet heavy had on the test server.

:thejoke: