Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Justin Tyme posted:

Please stop killing unguilded randos without at least asking who they are first.

Link them to a poll with 4 checkbox answers including "Checkbox". Based on how they answer, you can decide to kill them or not :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013
Unguilded randoms go in pub town to die for the goonie king.

Kak
Sep 27, 2002

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

Name and shame, names show up in your system tab and log

Don't worry about it, someone came and stole a plot I was working on to build a shack. I've already uninstalled.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Nooooooooo

Equate
Nov 11, 2011

Kak posted:

Don't worry about it, someone came and stole a plot I was working on to build a shack. I've already uninstalled.

Honestly if this two things really upset you on the game then this isn't the game for you. poo poo gets even worse the more you play....

InstantInfidel
Jan 9, 2010

BEST :10bux: I EVER SPENT

Kak posted:

Yeah this game isn't for you

astropika
Jul 5, 2007
no, not really

Kak posted:

Server crashed after making character A+++ would try again.

edit: After leaving newbie island, I joined the NA server, but my map doesn't look like the one in the OP, what did I gently caress up?

this is way too late I'm sure, but this is a known bug (the map not updating to the right one after going from newbie island to the mainland) and should be fixed by a game client restart.

Kak posted:

it turns out that life is feudal :shrug:

astropika fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jan 28, 2018

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Kak posted:

if possible i'd like to know not just for you but so I can shovel police whoever did it

also on one hand they're probably not wrong saying this isnt the game for you but people are being dicks and i need to rectify the situation because there's no reason to do that sorta poo poo

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Kak posted:

honestly it sounds like they did you a favor

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
found dudes who recognized my voice from eve online and shaped a bunch of granite

then judgmen hour cake and i was confuse

kept digging granite

sleep now best weihses

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

For those of you who are big spenders or whatever:

On Greenman Gaming, they're doing a 1-day 20% off everything Anniversary sale with the code PAYDAY

They have the Life is Feudal MMO Starter Packs for sale:

Pilgrim Pack comes out to $39.99

Zealot Pack comes out to $79.99

Here's the comparison on the Life is Feudal website: https://lifeisfeudal.com/?section=contribution

Unfortunately the price for the cheapeast pack (Pagan) is hosed on the GMG site, so no savings there. No idea if these packs normally go on sale or not, but it doesn't look like it according to price history charts.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

Addamere posted:

found dudes who recognized my voice from eve online and shaped a bunch of granite

then judgmen hour cake and i was confuse

kept digging granite

sleep now best weihses

For judgment hour, we were traveling several servers over and down to where Feudal Union was engaged in a siege on some dudes on a small island. Funny thing about the small island is they had terraformed the entire shoreline to have a sea wall so it was hard to get up.

They had two trebouchets hitting the gate, doing damage, but I think the defenders were burning repair kits to fix it as it took damage. I'm not sure, but I also don't think they brought enough ammo. So most of the siege those of us with crossbows sniped at dudes, got sniped back. We killed a guy that fell off the walls. None of us died.

It was very expensive for the enemy because repair kits are a pain in the dick to make, but it's clear that against an organized enemy you need enough trebouchets to counteract the repairkit spam. I'm also leaning towards buildings can't be repaired during judgment hour.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

i've been on the fence on this and the gmg sale is tempting me. i know there are wushu goons playing this because delamore is around. if i liked wasting people's time in wushu and frustrating strangers, is this the game for me?

Expired Vitamin
Jul 3, 2017

Does anyone know if the GMG deal requires starting a new account? If I can add it to my existing account the sub-time could convince me to purchase.

Equate
Nov 11, 2011

andromache posted:

For judgment hour, we were traveling several servers over and down to where Feudal Union was engaged in a siege on some dudes on a small island. Funny thing about the small island is they had terraformed the entire shoreline to have a sea wall so it was hard to get up.

They had two trebouchets hitting the gate, doing damage, but I think the defenders were burning repair kits to fix it as it took damage. I'm not sure, but I also don't think they brought enough ammo. So most of the siege those of us with crossbows sniped at dudes, got sniped back. We killed a guy that fell off the walls. None of us died.

It was very expensive for the enemy because repair kits are a pain in the dick to make, but it's clear that against an organized enemy you need enough trebouchets to counteract the repairkit spam. I'm also leaning towards buildings can't be repaired during judgment hour.

The people in charge of the siege were not FU. We asked to come help. The problem with what happened:
1. The trebs were too close and only 1 treb was hitting gate at all.
2. No one else had the skills to fire the treb to help em out.
3. They didn't communicate with us why the other guy couldn't hit with the treb.
4. On the initial charge they didn't bring drying racks to block the arrows, many of them died.

Having demolition to 30 for siege torches might be a thing now..

With a big chinese guild like that I am leaning toward 4 treb's firing off, the repair gets interrupted on a treb hit.

Equate
Nov 11, 2011

Tsurupettan posted:

i've been on the fence on this and the gmg sale is tempting me. i know there are wushu goons playing this because delamore is around. if i liked wasting people's time in wushu and frustrating strangers, is this the game for me?

This game is frustrating and a time waster for all parties involved.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

You only need like 8 people with siege torches bashing a gate to bring it down within 2 minutes, trebs are overkill for that.

Delamore
Jan 11, 2008

Monocle Man

Justin Tyme posted:

You only need like 8 people with siege torches bashing a gate to bring it down within 2 minutes, trebs are overkill for that.

Enemy was burning large repair kits, we know since they streamed.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Ahhh. In that case, why not both? :v:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
trip report dug more granite

Equate
Nov 11, 2011

Justin Tyme posted:

Ahhh. In that case, why not both? :v:

Fighting a giant zerg like that they have the manpower to keep the gate repaired, I think the majority of us didn't think it would have been a problem. There needs to be more testing, more logistics, and more planning on trebbing stuff.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Equate posted:

Fighting a giant zerg like that they have the manpower to keep the gate repaired, I think the majority of us didn't think it would have been a problem. There needs to be more testing, more logistics, and more planning on trebbing stuff.

Almost wonder if it'd be worth attempting to scale the walls with the movable stairs to keep the repairers occupied long enough to bring down the gate, but if they have a lot that's very dangerous.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Equate posted:

I'm not too familiar with the mechanics. Do they have to be right behind or next to the gate to repair it? Can you throw naphta pots at the gate, and will the fire go through the gate affecting those who are behind it repairing it? or no?

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
trip report day 3, helped dig a trench then the lady in charge of trench digging punched me a bunch to raise my skill with a sling so i can throw grenades

A++

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
same range as any other interact so a couple tiles

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

BeAuMaN posted:

I'm not too familiar with the mechanics. Do they have to be right behind or next to the gate to repair it? Can you throw naphta pots at the gate, and will the fire go through the gate affecting those who are behind it repairing it? or no?

You can't throw them through the gate and the AOE damage isn't enough to really be a problem for them (if it would even clip through the gate that far). Realistically you're going to have to interrupt the repairers somehow either with extreme angle volley ability (maybe not possible?) or getting dudes to scale the walls on movable stairs to brawl at the gate to keep their repairers from being able to repair, which is dangerous unless you can get a lot of guys inside.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
whats the best way to level demolitions

im assuming its frowned upon to attack our own buildings so can you like autoParry with a torch or...?

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

Build an idol on open ground, hit with torch

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Does the game still require grinding 24/7 365 to just get to like lvl 60 in a skill

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Phi230 posted:

Does the game still require grinding 24/7 365 to just get to like lvl 60 in a skill

Getting to 60 isn't that bad. Beyond that though, it is awful.

Equate
Nov 11, 2011

BeAuMaN posted:

Siege torches and naphta pots don't do any significant damage to the walls. 1 Repair guy with kits can keep repairing a wall/gate even though two trebs are firing at it. They just need the repair kit in their inventory and be next to whatever item it is.

Naptha pots have something like a half a tile radius and I believe don't go through things.

Against that guild we would need 4 trebs, with a poo poo ton good quality stone (to make the ammo), a poo poo ton of fire arrows (so everyone does damage) and time, to deplete their stock of repair kits. We would have to set up an hour or two beforehand to gather the ammo/setup the trebs and get everything ready with loads more ammo for archers/food/siege torches/sticks to build frames etc. We can do it if plan it out with everyone and have poo poo setup prior. Plus you can build the trebs in a wooden wall for protection.

The quality of the treb effects range/damage, the intellect of the person firing reduces the spread of the launched projectile. The max ranged at a 100 quality treb is 100 tiles. The skill of the guy shooting it probably effects the range etc.. The safe option is to build the treb within 40 tiles of your target on flat terrain. Also the elevation of the treb site determines the angles etc.. it's a lot of little things that determine the effectiveness/accuracy of a treb. That's why most guilds only have 1-2 guys that really know what they are doing trebbing poo poo. Honestly having a few people know what they are doing with trebs is a good thing, (and wasting the points into demolition to be able to fire one) most guilds only tend to look at trebbing when they need them, not before.

All this poo poo above can be avoided by dropping ladders on-top of each other and hopping up on the ladders and other logs/bark boxes. Problem with this is, your guys are open to lovely chinese bolts and arrows.

Equate fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jan 29, 2018

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013
Just wait till my lancer dude gets 60 vanguard.

As soon as those stairs go up or the gate opens my loving horse will be flying up those stairs like a naked Gandalf riding shadowfax up Minas Tirith, shooting to the inner keep then pulling out my broadaxe and going to town on some chinese.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Sup vanguard lancer buddy

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Simon Numbers posted:

Just wait till my lancer dude gets 60 vanguard.

As soon as those stairs go up or the gate opens my loving horse will be flying up those stairs like a naked Gandalf riding shadowfax up Minas Tirith, shooting to the inner keep then pulling out my broadaxe and going to town on some chinese.

Didn't our Shadowfax die and get used for leather?

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013

Fat and Useless posted:

Didn't our Shadowfax die and get used for leather?

Shadowfax 2.0 is a 69 quality hardy.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Simon Numbers posted:

Shadowfax 2.0 is a 69 quality hardy.

Same

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
The developers have alluded to the fact they're going to "turn off" the console to mitigate executable scripts

I think they have a fundamental non-understanding of how Torque3D works or why this won't work :frog:

Equate
Nov 11, 2011

Kimsemus posted:

The developers have alluded to the fact they're going to "turn off" the console to mitigate executable scripts

I think they have a fundamental non-understanding of how Torque3D works or why this won't work :frog:

For the majority of people it'll be a pain in the butt, until they learn they can put everything in the init file and have the remove fog and fxinit bound to keys.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
you can just put fog out in the init too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Might even be easier to set up.