Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

underage at the vape shop posted:

If you are looting houses till you get that, you're looting too much.

Please explain to me why you stopped looting while you are rolling around in a motorcycle helmet and an AK with 90 ammo? You aren't going to be winning that way.

Or are you of the theory "kill people to get your loot." Which is still looting, and you are going to end up with even better loot than what I mentioned, going into the final circles.

Seriously, the stuff I mentioned isn't hard to find. I can usually find all of that before the first circle closes and I will just be looking for maybe a 4x or maybe some more meds while on the move (if I have to move). Where do you drop?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24JSu0uosRs

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Yeah, the death cam is pretty much there to tell you where that guy who killed you was.

i feel like the death cam seems more accurate to what happened than the replays are

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Please explain to me why you stopped looting while you are rolling around in a motorcycle helmet and an AK with 90 ammo? You aren't going to be winning that way.

Or are you of the theory "kill people to get your loot." Which is still looting, and you are going to end up with even better loot than what I mentioned, going into the final circles.

Seriously, the stuff I mentioned isn't hard to find. I can usually find all of that before the first circle closes and I will just be looking for maybe a 4x or maybe some more meds while on the move (if I have to move). Where do you drop?

Kill people to get loot.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Deathcam has been kinda useful to me recently in explaining some odd deaths.
Like, i come around a corner and die in less than half a second (from full health, with vest and helmet). I get very angry. I look at the death cam and see that, oh, from his point of view I just waltzed around a corner, stared at nothing as he moved his crosshairs over me, then he mowed me down in a usual amount of firing.

I go look at the replay again from my screen, and yep. Like 0.5s and I'm just dead. Not even enough time to move my gun to the guy.

Death cam has certainly explained that kinda stuff a few times for me.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Seriously, the stuff I mentioned isn't hard to find.

Stuff isn’t hard to find... unless you don’t find it... hmmm...

The Mantis
Jul 19, 2004

what is yall sayin?
based on that earlier goons video all you need is a car so Idk what you’re on about

The Mantis
Jul 19, 2004

what is yall sayin?
real question: should I be loving with my FOV so I can see nerds earlier? seems like no reason not to?

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

VulgarandStupid posted:

Like my wife always says when I get 1/4 the legendary drops she does in a Diablo 3 season. Im just bad at the game.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Or are you of the theory "kill people to get your loot." Which is still looting,

When the question is 'when do you feel like you're done looting' then no- killing other people to get loot is not looting

Philman
Jan 20, 2004

I feel like i'm done looting when i'm wearing their clothes.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Rex-Goliath posted:

When the question is 'when do you feel like you're done looting' then no- killing other people to get loot is not looting

But it is because you murder and then loot their dead corpse.

Unless of course you aren't looting them after you murder them.

VulgarandStupid posted:

If you think that stuff is hard to find by the end of the first circle then I just don't know what to say. We must be playing different games.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Thom P. Tiers posted:

I drop named places and stop looting after the house that gives me better than a shotgun or vector.

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Jan 31, 2018

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Thom P. Tiers posted:

The question was "when should I stop looting houses".

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Thom P. Tiers posted:

By this metric you're done looting when you acquire a chicken dinner.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
You never stop looting Lmao what kind of an argument is this

Do you guys get your ideal load out then just sit in a house for the rest of the game?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

depending on circle luck you often don't have time to actively loot after the first circle.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

abigserve posted:

Do you guys get your ideal load out then just sit in a house for the rest of the game?

Never stop hunting people.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Should I hunt? First, let your armor levels decide: Lvl1s are eh, Lvl2s are yea, Lvl3s are HELL yea
Second, remember the Golden Rule: No scope is no bueno

Let the lead fly and enjoy the kill counts rolling in.

Unless you're in the desert I guess, where everyone sits in hotels. That's mostly why Lvl2's are important for aggression, most ppl aren't great at snap aim so they'll take more hits than they dish out on average against opponents that are entrenched. But if you're Good(tm), you can usually sneak and flank enough where you can make Lvl1's workable.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Thom P. Tiers posted:

You have a motorcycle helmet, an ump, an AK, and a 2x. You get the drop on somebody that has a shotgun, level two everything, and a pistol. He also has an 8x, a tactical stock, and an ex q mag for assault rifles.

You kill him; you now have both sets of gear to work with. The thing with killing people is that it isn't looting; it's gaining the time they spent looting. If you both spent five minutes looting but you wrecked him then you effectively have 10 minutes of looting. It's why you'll run into people with absurd gear in the final circle or in team games a very killy team usually has some very fancy toys.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Deathcam has been kinda useful to me recently in explaining some odd deaths.
Like, i come around a corner and die in less than half a second (from full health, with vest and helmet). I get very angry. I look at the death cam and see that, oh, from his point of view I just waltzed around a corner, stared at nothing as he moved his crosshairs over me, then he mowed me down in a usual amount of firing.

I go look at the replay again from my screen, and yep. Like 0.5s and I'm just dead. Not even enough time to move my gun to the guy.

Death cam has certainly explained that kinda stuff a few times for me.

But this is like the opposite of how lag works in games. How could he see you walk around the corner before you actually did it? Or alternatively, how could your client detect that you're dead before he even fired?

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

abigserve posted:

Say there's 20 people alive and you just reached the circle near a group of houses. Only an idiot would run to them and start opening doors and looting like they're fresh out of the plane.

Yes you'll always pick up useful stuff you run into, but there's a point when actively looking for loot spawns isn't worth it (most places have already been looted anyway and even if they aren't it's highly unlikely to find the high tier items you need in a random looting spot).

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I know, it confuses and frustrates me when it happens too.
I think it's some kind of tickrate thing, or notifications getting hung up and delivered all at once somehow. Like, instead of me getting hit with a bullet, then another bullet, then another bullet, the timing of it seems like I just get hit with 3 bullets all at once.

Don't have a perfect explanation, I've just experienced it a few times. And it sucks.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it definitely happens it's what i was complaining about earlier.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

You’ve never looted and killed everyone in town, and not had everything on your “must have” check list? Happens all the time, doesn’t mean you don’t go to fight. It’s easiest to fight people when they’re currently engaged or making a lot of noise, don’t let not having perfect loot stop you.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Some of the hacks that exist aren't obvious at first glance or people only toggle them when they feel like they need to. It just isn't always easy to tell.

Could you even detect the hack that just highlights items or players given that so much of PUBG is clientside? Because that one feels like it'd be impossible to tell, at least from watching footage.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Its player unknown battlegrounds not player unknown scavenger hunt

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

you miss 100% of the loot you don't loot

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

wa27 posted:

But this is like the opposite of how lag works in games. How could he see you walk around the corner before you actually did it? Or alternatively, how could your client detect that you're dead before he even fired?

Interpolation, backwards reconcilation, unlagged, it has a million different terms. The effect is usually pretty similar. If one side's ping is high, it's probable that the other party's player model or sprite or game object can be projected "ahead" of where the server knows are, usually by a small amount, but rarely it can be the deciding factor in a firefight.

There's a lot of little things that this affects on a regular basis when not all parties have low ping. It's the current problem solving method for ping discrepancies in video game stuff, and you often benefit from it just as much as you get nailed by it.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
its possible to kill people with an ak and 90 ammo

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

The best loot is smoke grenades, which you use to escape fights so you can keep looting.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Doorknob Slobber posted:

its possible to kill people with an ak and 90 ammo

But that's ~*sub-optimal*~

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

DrNutt posted:

But that's ~*sub-optimal*~

Does shroud use it???

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007

uniball posted:

my squad (timg4strok and iceberg-slim) and i (bearand) are the best cars-only players in the world

this is a video of us doing our thing and this is a more relaxed video

Catching up on the thread after having a bit of a day and this made my night. Thank you for your service.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Elman posted:

Say there's 20 people alive and you just reached the circle near a group of houses. Only an idiot would run to them and start opening doors and looting like they're fresh out of the plane.

Yes you'll always pick up useful stuff you run into, but there's a point when actively looking for loot spawns isn't worth it (most places have already been looted anyway and even if they aren't it's highly unlikely to find the high tier items you need in a random looting spot).

Yeah for sure but you don't (or at least, I don't) make a decision not to loot anymore it's just a fact of the circumstances

If the final circle is on Los Leones, you bet I'm gonna be scrounging for some extra energy drinks or whatever unless there is imminent danger

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

Are the leaderboards locked for S1 yet? I dipped below 2k without noticing (1989) and can't live with myself being outside the top 0.2%

E: seems like it :smith:

New Zealand can eat me fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Jan 31, 2018

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

man I love not being able to play this game because of early access stupid poo poo coming back like games failing to properly load and making me stare at character models in a black void and rubber banding issues to the point of being unplayable

havent had any issues since launch and mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn this is loving annoying

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Good soup! posted:

man I love not being able to play this game because of early access stupid poo poo coming back like games failing to properly load and making me stare at character models in a black void and rubber banding issues to the point of being unplayable

havent had any issues since launch and mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn this is loving annoying

How many SSDs do you have?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

I like the new bug where you can't move the camera horizontally until after you bail out of the plane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Hold Alt