Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

baby delivery truck posted:

Wheres UTTE been? He at least realized how much better vainglory is compared to dota. Like, storm spirit should be replaced with reza, just give him a cc ability. And how much fun churnwalker would be in dota, just give him warlocks golem and bam, warlock is 10x more fun now. Does anyone else play vg? Its the best moba by far. Its also not dead.

It's pretty fun yeah, I was concerned when I saw they added talents you grind outside matches, but they're smart enough to seclude them from traditional mode + they add more variety without making things uneccessarily complicated. I wish Joule's most common talent didn't remove her stun, it means most newbie Joule's you see in battle royale (ARAM) are entirely useless.

Also wish Saw's legendary wasn't his most fun build. I remember when there was a Rabadons item and his knife had 350% crystal scaling. Good times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
wrong thread

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I wonder if I’ll be able to play the official Dota 2 card game while pooping

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

TOOT BOOT posted:

I wonder if I’ll be able to play the official Dota 2 card game while pooping

Lol forgot that was a thing. Can't wait until that never comes out.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

I went from 4.0k mmr Ancient 0 to 5.0k divine 0 in a month so I'm pretty sure this patch is good and y'all are just complaining too much.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Just had an interesting Dota experience. Game started out with some typical Normal Skill bullshit like 4 carries and me solo supporting. Our LC said he'd support our CK in the offlane but what he meant by 'support' was that he'd buy a ward at 1min, place it in a useless location and then immediately gently caress off to jungle. By the 10min mark we had 2 lost lanes and 3 people in the jungle. At that point I had everyone muted but the CK and was ready to just take my 20min loss but he ended up pretty friendly and talkative despite getting hosed over. Apparently he just got out of prison for a few years and said it was super boring and seemed happy to be playing video games again. Also seemed kinda put off by the fact that everyone just casually tells each other to eat poo poo which definitely does not occur in prison. I ended up just following him around and we racked up some kills and eventually won because the enemy cores got forced into buying back repeatedly to avoid losing rax. I commended him after the game because he was basically the only reason I bothered being invested in the game past the 10min mark.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

TOOT BOOT posted:

Just had an interesting Dota experience. Game started out with some typical Normal Skill bullshit like 4 carries and me solo supporting. Our LC said he'd support our CK in the offlane but what he meant by 'support' was that he'd buy a ward at 1min, place it in a useless location and then immediately gently caress off to jungle. By the 10min mark we had 2 lost lanes and 3 people in the jungle. At that point I had everyone muted but the CK and was ready to just take my 20min loss but he ended up pretty friendly and talkative despite getting hosed over. Apparently he just got out of prison for a few years and said it was super boring and seemed happy to be playing video games again. Also seemed kinda put off by the fact that everyone just casually tells each other to eat poo poo which definitely does not occur in prison. I ended up just following him around and we racked up some kills and eventually won because the enemy cores got forced into buying back repeatedly to avoid losing rax. I commended him after the game because he was basically the only reason I bothered being invested in the game past the 10min mark.

so you're about as good at dota as a guy who hasnt played for 5 years?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Nanomashoes posted:

:captainpop:

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Nanomashoes posted:

Worse, I looked at his Dotabuff and he spammed CK for like 30 games straight and won something absurd like 27 of them of them.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Sounds like he went to prison for brutally murdering a defenseless game

Has any interesting strats come out of the CK agh, seems like something that could be silly with some ranged carries

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Neurolimal posted:

Has any interesting strats come out of the CK agh, seems like something that could be silly with some ranged carries
It's like the Sven Agh's in that there's basically never a time when you are both (a) in a position to farm Agh's on top of the other basic stuff you'd get, and (b) not playing position 1/2 where you need to use that slot for something better.

I sort of assume all the bullshit useless Agh's upgrades are there for Alchemist (and now Io).

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
I think they're there for Rubick's aghs since illusions/timelapse/gods strength are lame on him otherwise.

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
Hehe

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

congrats you can build null talis?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i have over 1k commends, now. all organic

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

I get unbelievably super duper stepped on every single time I face a Huskar. It seems like he doesn't ever die? I'm sure I'm missing something basic, but it seems like he can leap with impunity, use his Q, and then just win any fight. What am I supposed to do? Is he just really good 1 on 1, and I have to avoid getting leaped on in 1 on 1 situations? What if I face him mid?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Yoshi Wins posted:

I get unbelievably super duper stepped on every single time I face a Huskar. It seems like he doesn't ever die? I'm sure I'm missing something basic, but it seems like he can leap with impunity, use his Q, and then just win any fight. What am I supposed to do? Is he just really good 1 on 1, and I have to avoid getting leaped on in 1 on 1 situations? What if I face him mid?

Concede. Huskar cannot lose mid.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Yoshi Wins posted:

Huskar is a really strong 1v1 hero that you need a lot of burst(ideally physical or pure damage, but he doesn't have as much MR as he used to) and/or disables to deal with, ideally what you want is to not have to 1v1 him, if you haven't picked a hero with an abilityset that works against him or at least allows you to lane without getting poo poo on then you have to settle for buying things to counter him and ganking.

If he's ganking, buy wards so you see him coming early enough that people can reposition/tp for a counter.

Buy a Heaven's Halberd so that he can't poke anyone for 5 seconds after he commits, he can't even use BKB to clear the disarm debuff so it remains a strong item throughout the game, and will prevent a lot of situations where you'd trade one or two heroes for a Huskar kill. And have at least one person on the team buy a Silver Edge and use it primarily to disable the passive that makes him such a pain in the rear end.

If you're supporting, Medallion of Courage/Solar Crest are great ways to make any physical damage dealers better stand up to him, Glimmer Cape lets you save anyone he jumps on, Scythe of Vyse is always a great item.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I miss old Berserker's Blood where you could go around and kill every single person on the enemy team before like 12min.

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

Milky Moor posted:

Concede. Huskar cannot lose mid.

Yeah, that was my experience in my last game! I went Viper, who has a good win rate against Huskar on Dotabuff, and got stomped. Although, to be fair, I could tell by the way my opponent was CSing that he was mechanically better than me at the game.

This is all quite helpful. Thanks.

I play Axe a lot, and I rarely see Huskar in those games. They're probably not too keen to pick Huskar into an Axe. I see Huskar more often when I pick a squishier carry.

The item tips are great. I am still completely overwhelmed by itemization in this game. So. Many. Items.

TOOT BOOT posted:

I miss old Berserker's Blood where you could go around and kill every single person on the enemy team before like 12min.

OK, well, what you need to do is go Huskar against me when I'm playing mid, and I'll feed you, and you still can!

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Pick disables against Huskar he actually sucks poo poo when he can't armlet toggle because he is a fish or is forced to get an early bkb

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Yoshi Wins posted:

Yeah, that was my experience in my last game! I went Viper, who has a good win rate against Huskar on Dotabuff, and got stomped. Although, to be fair, I could tell by the way my opponent was CSing that he was mechanically better than me at the game.

His Nethertoxin used to be a great counter to Huskar because it did more damage the lower his health was and dealt it as physical damage(Husk used to get something like 90% max magic resist so this was important), it is still a great counter to Huskar but it now works by disabling his passive while he's standing in it's AOE which is harder to manage than just having a huge chunk of free damage on your autoattacks.

Also while winrates are sort of a good indicator of how one hero fares against another, the statistical bias in your favour means nothing if you don't know what your advantage actually is and how to make use of it.

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Pick disables against Huskar he actually sucks poo poo when he can't armlet toggle because he is a fish or is forced to get an early bkb

Also good for Storm Spirit, Lion can be a fairly easy target for him but if you can turn him into a fish and drain that mana when he goes for a gank you can stop one of the biggest snowballs in the game before it starts rolling.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I get my friend to pick AA and he ults Huskarr every time he tries to do anything.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

TOOT BOOT posted:

yea

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
u kno what i never see anymore is dagon armlet terrorblade that poo poo was funny as hell

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I get my friend to pick AA and he ults Huskarr every time he tries to do anything.

Playing AA is the most fun against heroes that buy armlets.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Neon Belly posted:

Playing AA is the most fun against heroes that buy armlets.

Its funny to watch people get counterpicked, know that armlet against AA is bad, and then still build it.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
The real answer is usually just medallion deso and stuns (aa ult is the real juicy poo poo) but when I was deep in my 3 nulls + blade mail kick I won mid as necro against huskar by using blade mail when he jumped and then ulting him

3 nulls + blade mail is real

World Kraid Center
Oct 18, 2009
Decided to open up mIRC and pop into #dota on synirc.net, a chat room I've been in for several years, on a network I've been hanging out since before voting for Jill Stein and Mike Gravel before her (anyone here a former #obama regular? shoutout to kevin, GreenLantern, Aphex, chesh and VJE!), and noticed the State of the Union address was the subject of conversation. I saw a user exclaim his surprise that the president wasn't dropping racist slurs, and so I asked that user to provide evidence of that happening a single time in the past. Pretty reasonable request. Expected it to be ignored.

Nah; the response was an instant, permanent ban. But not before I was called "Russian scum". Because, you know, anyone with a remotely central or eastern European sounding nickname on the internet is guaranteed to be talking to you from 55 Savushkina Street. Because Russian scum don't really count as humans anyway.

Stay classy, dota people...

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
lol

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
lol

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Maybe it was just a netsplit bro

World Kraid Center
Oct 18, 2009
Nah, bros, just a good old fashioned Sino-Soviet split.

In these times we have to count our blessings and I am truly grateful that you red-blooded, lower-case typing goons, /r/DotA2, and /vg/ still got my back. And Mason. Mason is a good man.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Yeah I don't know who owned you harder there, the IRC guys or your brutal self-own for posting about it

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
lol

World Kraid Center
Oct 18, 2009
Check the reg date, dude. Tread carefully around an O.G., beacuase I'm warning you, nobody is on as many levels of irony, or behind as many proxies, as I.

But don't take my word... just take a gander at my latest win.
https://www.opendota.com/matches/3707118900

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
he's only ironically calling people libshits and namedropping random other people as evidence or something

<kotmatroskin> hey? how it is racist to ask you to provide evidence of a claim you make
<kotmatroskin> hello brainwashed libshit? got anything?
<kotmatroskin> i am 5.5k mmr btw... you will never be at my skill level :-)
<kotmatroskin> you wish you could be even a fraction of a man as that sergeant in the crowd
<kotmatroskin> libshit trash
<kotmatroskin> So where were the racial slurs dropped by the president? Point out a single one, moron? Please?
<kotmatroskin> You don't have to when you can model your leader Mao ze Dung, though. Nice work.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

World Kraid Center posted:

Decided to open up mIRC and pop into #dota on synirc.net, a chat room I've been in for several years, on a network I've been hanging out since before voting for Jill Stein and Mike Gravel before her (anyone here a former #obama regular? shoutout to kevin, GreenLantern, Aphex, chesh and VJE!), and noticed the State of the Union address was the subject of conversation. I saw a user exclaim his surprise that the president wasn't dropping racist slurs, and so I asked that user to provide evidence of that happening a single time in the past. Pretty reasonable request. Expected it to be ignored.

Nah; the response was an instant, permanent ban. But not before I was called "Russian scum". Because, you know, anyone with a remotely central or eastern European sounding nickname on the internet is guaranteed to be talking to you from 55 Savushkina Street. Because Russian scum don't really count as humans anyway.

Stay classy, dota people...

lol

also no one called you russian scum, someone (me) merely asked whys the russian guy defending trump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
i was only goose stepping ironically, cries Very Stable Divine 3 Player