Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i dont remember needing to redownload poo poo every time but i did it ages ago and they have changed some stuff with the file structure on pc since then so it might be different now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
there's a redownload every time yeah. shouldnt take 30-40 minutes. When i was trying it it';d take like 4 minutes on my mobile data.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
I'm on a rural broadband connection, close to the limit that works so I only get 260KB/s or thereabouts. I worked out this time that they don't open the packs, it just gives you tickets with which to buy packs and then open them. :doh:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

lol

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'm glad I managed to finish my Daria run before now because everybody seems to be complaining about her now, which has had a good success rate at predicting nerfs with their new nerf philosophy

It'd be just a month before she escaped into the safety of unlimited, too

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

tell that to the poor doggo

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Awesome! posted:

tell that to the poor doggo

that's true, and restricting daria would be basically the same as a full ban because it'd kill the deck for sure

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
It's hard to inagine Daria getting restricted, as much as I'd love to see the original deck that made me hate the game gutted.

She could get D-shifted though as she absolutely has the same issues in terms of new content.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jan 31, 2018

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

Tbh, they'll probably hit the components, and/or they might bump daria a PP up in cost. Or make her a 4/4. Either way it'll probably be okay.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Everytime you play her it should vial a random legendary on your account

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

I love the irony of cheetah struggling to climb with Daria for months and now she's a meta-defining top tier deck.

Anyway I played Neutral Wallet Rune against a Daria earlier and survived the t5 Daria + 2x Oglers and then another Daria and it was cool. Thank you for still being good, Falise.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I love the irony of cheetah struggling to climb with Daria for months and now she's a meta-defining top tier deck.

Anyway I played Neutral Wallet Rune against a Daria earlier and survived the t5 Daria + 2x Oglers and then another Daria and it was cool. Thank you for still being good, Falise.

It's what she deserves but now she's gonna get nerfed just before escaping into unlimited which sucks

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

Might as well take Daria out for a spin before it gets nerfed. Would you consider Mystic ring or frozen mammoth in there?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Mystic ring is plausible but I wouldn't personally play it. Mammoth is also plausible but I think the fact that it has low upside is more important than the fact that it has a good floor. I'd probably play flame destroyer first. That one's a meta call and I haven't played in like a month though so take it with a grain of salt. I can't imagine mammoth has gotten any better in a world where it isn't bahamut insurance though

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I'm liking both shadow decks at the moment, I think I'd like elephant forest a bit more if I had the insect lords but the deck feels hella inconsistent on draw order.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Zeus Caller or Reanimate Shadow, whatever you wanna call the deck, is super fun. It's gonna be sad when Zeus finally rotates out if they don't give Shadow another strong target for reanimation.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

if you change your language to korean in game you get 3 free packs

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

https://shadowverse-portal.com/deck..._Go.6I_Go.6I_Go

Anything I'm missing that should be obvious for Vengeance Blood?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Yukari posted:

https://shadowverse-portal.com/deck..._Go.6I_Go.6I_Go

Anything I'm missing that should be obvious for Vengeance Blood?

I'm not sure what you should be playing instead but I don't think I've ever seen Succubus in higher ranks.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

Took out Succubus/Devil of Vengeance, added in Diabolic Drain (wtf how did I miss this one?) and added Bapho and neutral 3pp cards so they can't be pulled by Bapho. Part of me wonders if Nacht is usable, but it feels like that'd be better in a control blood setup.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

Isn't the next round of nerfs supposed to be announced today? It seems kinda crazy that we've had a new meta from nerfs for literally two weeks before something else is getting changed.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Yukari posted:

Isn't the next round of nerfs supposed to be announced today? It seems kinda crazy that we've had a new meta from nerfs for literally two weeks before something else is getting changed.

I dunno how the timezones work out, but today or tomorrow I think

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

They're doing maintenance tomorrow sometime but I don't think there's any nerfs coming along with it this time. They might save those for the usual end of the month thing.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I just checked and the last announcement says "February 15 (Announcement), February 16 (Change)", so it's not for a bit

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

cheetah7071 posted:

I just checked and the last announcement says "February 15 (Announcement), February 16 (Change)", so it's not for a bit

I haven't seen that, only this one: https://shadowverse.com/news/?announce_id=538

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
It was at the bottom of the last ban announcement, when they hit bahamut

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Supposedly Saha, Magic Owl, and Acceleratium are all getting hit, but the page this reddit post links to is empty now: https://www.reddit.com/r/Shadowverse/comments/7xdxsd/change_to_cards_on_feb_14_nerfs_to_sahaquiel/

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Magic Owl at 3 probably still gets played in rotation Daria and unlimited D Shift. Any unlimited Daria decks that were playing it over Levi will just play Levi now.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

If those nerfs are true, it feels real bad for the Portalcraft players losing having their one truly busted card nerfed, given their low usage and lower win% rates.

This meta's Daria and her ilk can all burn to the ground, though.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

I guess that last one was a troll. No changes at this time: https://shadowverse.com/news/?announce_id=539

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I was gonna write up a Daria memorial post but I guess now I don't have to

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
New player here. First pack, reroll?

Edit: Oh wait, this game gives you like a thousand packs when you make an account

drat

editttt

signalnoise fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Feb 14, 2018

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
If you switch your language to Korean you get 3 more packs (and then you can swap back). I wouldn't recommend doing this until you are mostly happy just because downloading languages takes forever.

Of those cards, I think only Israfil is meta right now but you have a very very solid shadow set for low-rank laddering or single player stuff. What do your golds look like?

If you do end up rerolling, do yourself a favor and do it on an android emulator. You can just delete your account information and not need to redownload everything.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i would reroll if you are down to spend some time getting something good. otherwise its not the worst i guess

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Golds:

Opened those 3 packed for Korean language and got

Seeing as I now have 4 animated Legendaries, would it be worth dusting those to get something else?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Keep imo

Animated legendaries dust for enough to make a playset of a gold. I'd hold off until you were looking to build a specific deck though.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Well, I can tell you that Portalcraft appeals to me most. Shadowcraft can suck a dick from looking at the description of how it works. Then again, I can also tell you that my favorite class in Hearthstone is Mage because it has the most Secret cards, and I love watching my opponent destroy themselves accidentally and I love having the pressure of unknown danger on my side. I also like "create random thing" effects as long as they are all useful, because I will never be good at these games and the fun for me is thinking on my feet. I also like Mage because it has the most versatile class ability. I don't mean this to be a Hearthstone post of course, just that that's the CCG I have the most experience with, and that's how I like to play.

So what would you suggest, based on enjoying those things?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Those kinds of random effects barely exist in Shadowverse. There's only one playable card like that, Mysterian Knowledge. Daria is a tier one deck currently and Daria is a very high variance deck and plays Mysterian Knowledge. Daria herself is a legendary but nothing else in the deck is rarer than gold.

By having a Deus Ex Machina you're on your way to having a Portal deck, because she's one of like three decent cards in the entire class. It's super sparse right now because it only has one set's worth of cards so far.

My honest suggestion is to play the single player, get a buttload of gold for more packs, and decide based on what seems fun when you actually play it.

cheetah7071 fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Feb 14, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Right on, thanks

• Locked thread