Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Slowly beating Midir to death with Havel's dragon tooth was the poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Got enough health there big guy. Haha just kidding

Lol

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

lmao

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ive been doing a dex build with the bandit's knife as my only weapon and its been kind of painful. Any enemy or boss that is slow and you can get a lot of R1 hits on usually takes a ton of bleed damage and dies very fast, but anything mobile, especially like dogs and Abyss Watchers that do that backstep thing a lot after a combo were extremely annoying to fight

Anyway I think I'm going to give up and use the follower's sabre since I never used any of the DLC weapons for PVE before. I stuffed a bunch of twinkling titanite onto Valorheart but it seems like using any old buckler and a straight sword except you can't parry and you have a shittier version of the guard break weapon art.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

thats a good use of my technique where you can basically say whatever you want to anyone as long as you write just kidding on the end of it

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

[quote="“I.N.R.I”" post="“480836602”"]
thats a good use of my technique where you can basically say whatever you want to anyone as long as you write just kidding on the end of it
[/quote]

I do this in real life because of you, and it always gets the whole room laughing.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

Ive been doing a dex build with the band

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I spent some time around Anor Londo invading people, this is the first time I've ever done it because I'm aware of how poo poo I am at the game. There was some full on gang war going on at points and a fight club on the patio behind Pontiff's house. I now see how much fun can be had just loving around in this.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Wormskull posted:

Wow, the last 5 pages of this thread really make this game look absolutely Awesomesauce, and not gay at all.

They do, smartass.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Oh Long Johnson posted:

Both are really bad and not worth the effort it took getting far enough into the game to use

aw dang

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
sorceries are actually very easy

run away from bosses n shoot soul arrows/soul spears n win for free

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

important question, does soul greatsword appear from the tip of the catalyst and does it work with the immolation tinder

e: looks like it will if this is any indication, noice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJ0yUMdAjRo

e2: if you wanted the PC DS3 season pass and are tired of Steam never dropping it in price from £20, I found keys for around £15 on Gamebillet, no idea how that translates in American money

Illuyankas fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Jan 31, 2018

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

extremebuff posted:

all of the bloodborne summons don't deal any damage but they have a billion health and keep the boss off your rear end which is the main thing, if youre really struggling

That does t always work cn your favour though, the summons for defiled watchdog and amygdala can make the bossses behavior unpredictable and keep you from baiting stuff

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
for some reason even with ds4windows dark souls 2 doesnt recognize my ps4 controller am i missing something obvoiou s or something

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

bump_fn posted:

for some reason even with ds4windows dark souls 2 doesnt recognize my ps4 controller am i missing something obvoiou s or something

Your playing a Fail game. LMFAO! Butt Souls 2.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Fart Trolls 2: Smeller of the First poo poo

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dongicus posted:

Fart Trolls 2: Smeller of the First poo poo

I like DS2 now

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

bump_fn posted:

You'll need to use x360ce

x360ce is the only method I know to get ds4 or switch pro controllers to actually work with ds2. If you're playing sotfs get the 64 bit package, otherwise get the 32 bit package. Unzip and place the executable in the same directory as the game's executable, then run it. It'll pop up a warning saying xinput1_3.dll is missing with a button to create the file. Then you can set your input to match an 360 controller, or however you like, and then close the program and you'll be able to run ds2 through steam and it should just work.

For both the ds4 and the switch pro controller you'll also need to go to the left thumb and right thumb tabs and set the deadzone to ~15, sensitivity to 100%, and then invert sensitivity. Otherwise the camera will be sluggish and you won't be able to walk full speed or do kicks/jumping attacks because the game won't recognize full stick movement.

(that's the setting I use for the switch pro controller, but I think I used a similar setting for the ds4, you might want to back off sensitivity a little bit)

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

pc gaming

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

angry_keebler posted:

You'll need to use x360ce

x360ce is the only method I know to get ds4 or switch pro controllers to actually work with ds2. If you're playing sotfs get the 64 bit package, otherwise get the 32 bit package. Unzip and place the executable in the same directory as the game's executable, then run it. It'll pop up a warning saying xinput1_3.dll is missing with a button to create the file. Then you can set your input to match an 360 controller, or however you like, and then close the program and you'll be able to run ds2 through steam and it should just work.

For both the ds4 and the switch pro controller you'll also need to go to the left thumb and right thumb tabs and set the deadzone to ~15, sensitivity to 100%, and then invert sensitivity. Otherwise the camera will be sluggish and you won't be able to walk full speed or do kicks/jumping attacks because the game won't recognize full stick movement.

(that's the setting I use for the switch pro controller, but I think I used a similar setting for the ds4, you might want to back off sensitivity a little bit)

does doesnt work either im so confused i originally played ds2 in win7 with just like a ps3 or ps4 controller

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

this but also im sure the proble mis just htat im retarded

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

bump_fn posted:

you need to close steam completely then turn on ds4windows

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

bump_fn posted:

does doesnt work either im so confused i originally played ds2 in win7 with just like a ps3 or ps4 controller

That's a bummer, if you're using your ds4 wired it should just work. If you're connected over bluetooth there might be a bluetooth stack problem.

If you're running win7 you need the 360 controller driver installed to use either ds4windows or x360ce.

If you're running win10 I think you need to go back to ds4windows and toggle the Hide DS4 Controller to on?

Or you could try disabling all of your dinput->xinput wrappers, and then launch steam in big picture mode and use the identify option to set up your controller there? I'm not sure if every steam game supports ds4, but I think sotfs is supposed to.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

angry_keebler posted:

That's a bummer, if you're using your ds4 wired it should just work. If you're connected over bluetooth there might be a bluetooth stack problem.

If you're running win7 you need the 360 controller driver installed to use either ds4windows or x360ce.

If you're running win10 I think you need to go back to ds4windows and toggle the Hide DS4 Controller to on?

Or you could try disabling all of your dinput->xinput wrappers, and then launch steam in big picture mode and use the identify option to set up your controller there? I'm not sure if every steam game supports ds4, but I think sotfs is supposed to.

instead of doing alll this poo poo just download input mapper, turn off steam, plug in your ds4, then turn steam back on. input mapper is made by the ds4windows guy but is actively supported and isn't 3 years old like ds4windows. bye

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
that's how i played ds2 on pc with my ds4. it wasn't worth playing at all tho :troll:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Input mapper works for me with everything except dbfz for some raisin

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
another thing to try is to enable ds4 support in steam. you need to start big picture mode [yikes!] then turn on ps pad and generic pad support in the menu, and uncheck 360 pad support. then you can turn off big picture mode. idk if this works for dark souls 2 tho it does work for most games tho.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i played Dark Souls 1, 2, and Demon Souls on my PS3 by putting the discs in and playing them

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
the last time i turned on my ps3 it had to download a years worth of updates and softlocked when i tried to download something from the ps store because the ps3 can't handle the new ps4 storefront without catching fire

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i played Dark Souls 1, 2, and Demon Souls on my PS3 by putting the discs in and playing them

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

apparently since they have started shutting down demons souls servers the game is no longer stable. There's people talking about how it hard crashes every half hour or so, even in offline mode. I don't have my PS3 hooked up to play it myself but it sounds hosed up!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

apparently since they have started shutting down demons souls servers the game is no longer stable. There's people talking about how it hard crashes every half hour or so, even in offline mode. I don't have my PS3 hooked up to play it myself but it sounds hosed up!

People are having weird issues too like after it crashes they’ll boot back up and a bunch of bosses are dead and they’re in NG+ all of a sudden

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
Lol if you think youre experiencing the real dark souls 2 if youre playing it at 30fps with 1 n64 green texture covering the shaded ruins when you could be playing it at 60fps and theres one n64 green texture slapped on the shaded ruins in 1080p. Makes having nightly raids on my house by.chinese bitcoin miners teying to steal my 90 dollar 960 worth it baby

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Gigante posted:

People are having weird issues too like after it crashes they’ll boot back up and a bunch of bosses are dead and they’re in NG+ all of a sudden

Lol cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
I can get demons souls running at 10fps on my computer thanks to the ps3 emulator so its basically identical to the console