Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

"Hey, money is going missing out of our corp wallet, and the CEO is friends with the Alliance leadership so we're concerned there might be some foul play going on, would you mind looking into it?"

What about this sounds like a paranoid delusion?

the part about there being foul play because the ceo is friends with alliance leadership, obviously

the rest of the yelling at clouds about not liking dod as a ceo is merely reinforcing my view that this nonsense was being dragged into a proxy fight about a subject i don't care about, as is your prattling on about facts you heard secondhand or maybe just imagined.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

evilweasel posted:

the part about there being foul play because the ceo is friends with alliance leadership, obviously

the rest of the yelling at clouds about not liking dod as a ceo is merely reinforcing my view that this nonsense was being dragged into a proxy fight about a subject i don't care about, as is your prattling on about facts you heard secondhand or maybe just imagined.

So you didn't even bother to try to understand where I was coming from and dismissed it out of hand. I'd ask if you ever wonder why people become bitter after interacting with leadership but you don't even have the self-reflection necessary to ask yourself that, do you?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

What the gently caress? This isn't the X-Files, Querns, the only conspiracy here are friends turning a blind eye to someone skimming money. It's barely even a conspiracy, closer to professional courtesy. Even Atrum was aware enough of that to spell it out for me when I asked him about it. Do you just not read people's posts?

hello, please investigate my claim that some guy is embezzling based off of thirdhand info, also please investigate what i'm sure is you looking the other way at this crime. why on earth would anyone assume i was a nutter for randomly throwing in the allegations of cirectors looking the other way for this thing that may have happened based on a conversation i overheard on the subway

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

What the gently caress? This isn't the X-Files, Querns, the only conspiracy here are friends turning a blind eye to someone skimming money. It's barely even a conspiracy, closer to professional courtesy. Even Atrum was aware enough of that to spell it out for me when I asked him about it. Do you just not read people's posts?

you literally said

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

"Hey, money is going missing out of our corp wallet, and the CEO is friends with the Alliance leadership so we're concerned there might be some foul play going on, would you mind looking into it?"

the way this reads is "The CEO is friends with the alliance leadership. Because he is friends with the alliance leadership, we suspect foul play."

like how deep does the victim complex go here

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

So you didn't even bother to try to understand where I was coming from and dismissed it out of hand. I'd ask if you ever wonder why people become bitter after interacting with leadership but you don't even have the self-reflection necessary to ask yourself that, do you?

i understood exactly where you were coming from and the property of the loony bin tags have been coming off all over the place since just in case i missed it the first time

you came in with transparently bad information, a transparent paranoia complex, and a transparent desire to waste my time in a proxy battle over some drama i don't care about. but i bothered to actually investigate, found that your allegations were utterly unfounded, and said so. then, weeks later, you come up with a new set of idiotic allegations, then get pissy when i slap those down too.

if dod was afk or not is really not something i care about or that affects my views of your nonsense at all

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
While I do appreciate the drama, at some point in your lives you will remember you are adults, and that you should at least try to talk in a calm manner without outright attacking people in an attempt to understand what is going on, in an attempt to be like responsible adults. We do know that people have bad days occasionally and we try to understand and work with it.

We are not idiots on an idiot train in an idiot soap opera show, we have working brains.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

I just post about spaceships and giggle at the drama. :shrug:

Also moving capitals is the worst and jump fatigue is garbage and I hate it.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

SugarAddict posted:

While I do appreciate the drama, at some point in your lives you will remember you are adults, and that you should at least try to talk in a calm manner without outright attacking people in an attempt to understand what is going on, in an attempt to be like responsible adults. We do know that people have bad days occasionally and we try to understand and work with it.

We are not idiots on an idiot train in an idiot soap opera show, we have working brains.

You'd think that, but we have bitter exes that are sticking around for years. About a loving video game space guild. Eve doesn't exactly attract the mentally stable.

UltimateNothing1
Apr 22, 2015
#justiceformadcows

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

#falconreparations #geeksocialfallacy #opensourcelifestyle

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

you literally said

the way this reads is "The CEO is friends with the alliance leadership. Because he is friends with the alliance leadership, we suspect foul play."

like how deep does the victim complex go here

Let me rewrite this to better illustrate my issue:

quote:

"Hey, money is going missing out of our corp wallet, and because of the CEO's close friendship with the Alliance leadership we think they may be looking the other way, can you look into it?"

Does that clarify it?

evilweasel posted:

hello, please investigate my claim that some guy is embezzling based off of thirdhand info, also please investigate what i'm sure is you looking the other way at this crime. why on earth would anyone assume i was a nutter for randomly throwing in the allegations of cirectors looking the other way for this thing that may have happened based on a conversation i overheard on the subway

Current directors (or previous directors who were still in corp, Dod purged everyone who could see the wallet, remember?) are too afraid to say something because they may be purged. Former directors are all bitter exes. That just leaves the line members who are too dumb to look the other way, like me. Which was why I went looking for someone who could be a first-hand source. How is this so difficult to understand?

As an aside, posts like this are just you flinging poo poo at a wall. You lack patience, tact, empathy, or any sense of self-awareness; you must be extraordinarily good at numbers because you are absolutely garbage at communication.

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

is zepherine also angelique i can't keep track

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

SugarAddict posted:

Well, now I just look like a jerk.

UltimateNothing1
Apr 22, 2015
RIP.....
HOLESQUAD IS DEAD not gay anymore

UltimateNothing1
Apr 22, 2015
If you knew the meta you know you would be loosing with that fleet comp

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Rutibex posted:

I think I am going insane, creating fittings for my new Proteus. There are seemingly endless possibilities, exploration? PvP? Gas Mining? sure why not it can do it all! I've accumulated a big enough pile of money to replace my ship many time over, and I have decided it would be more fun to buy 14 Proteus than 1 mining Rorqual. My plan is to take it on a tour of the entire galaxy, see the sights in every region of New Eden. Of course many of these regions contain alliances hostile to goon kind so I will need to be crafty to survive! It was simple enough to come up with a fitting that I liked, that was until I noticed the 120m^3 "Subsystem Hold" :eyepop:. Now I am forced to figure out at least 2 fittings, but I am trying to get away with 3! But it feel like it might be too much? I don't want to overload my cargohold with junk. Though, I love the fact that it can fit a combat probe launcher no matter what. My potential fitting themes, I plan to use the drones offensive module and never change it:

*lovely PROTEUS FITS*

NOM NOM NOM NOM

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

Let me rewrite this to better illustrate my issue:

quote:

"Hey, money is going missing out of our corp wallet, and because of the CEO's close friendship with the Alliance leadership we think they may be looking the other way, can you look into it?"

Does that clarify it?

in order for the alliance to look the other way, it has to actually be aware of what's going on in the first place

hole squad isn't important enough for full time scrutiny of money that the alliance isn't giving directly to it (no one is) so the tack where you're defaulting to malice is just hilarious

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

As an aside, posts like this are just you flinging poo poo at a wall. You lack patience, tact, empathy, or any sense of self-awareness; you must be extraordinarily good at numbers because you are absolutely garbage at communication.

the problem here is you're assuming your feelings matter at all

UltimateNothing1
Apr 22, 2015
[/quote]

Stick and stones will break my bones, but word hurt forever....

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Does that clarify it?

in order for the alliance to look the other way, it has to actually be aware of what's going on in the first place

hole squad isn't important enough for full time scrutiny of money that the alliance isn't giving directly to it (no one is) so the tack where you're defaulting to malice is just hilarious

Do you just... not have friends?

I don't mean that in a cruel way I mean like literally do you not have friends because I don't think I could understand you immediately thinking friends turning a blind eye to questionable things the other does as being malicious.

Otherwise I think you're just being intentionally obtuse because you're probably the only person reading this who doesn't understand what I meant.

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

If you ever want to understand someone, you need to understand what they feel. This is commonly called empathy and is the basic skill required to establish meaningful human connections.

Magic Rabbit Hat fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Jan 31, 2018

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

I can go over this further if you like.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 26 hours!)

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

I can go over this further if you like.

Yes, your feefees, let us keep discussing them. For surely we all need to know more on this subject

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

Do you just... not have friends?

I don't mean that in a cruel way I mean like literally do you not have friends because I don't think I could understand you immediately thinking friends turning a blind eye to questionable things the other does as being malicious.

Otherwise I think you're just being intentionally obtuse because you're probably the only person reading this who doesn't understand what I meant.

no, i'm saying that looking at the situation, observing that money was removed, and immediately assuming that the direkkktorate was allowing embezzlement to happen is you interpreting the event as malicious

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

If you ever want to understand someone, you need to understand what they feel. This is commonly called empathy and is the basic skill required to establish meaningful human connections.

Why bother to cultivate meaningful human connections with insane retards who hate you?

working mom
Jul 8, 2015
There's just no God. drat. Justice.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
Okay you both can shut the gently caress up now. We get it and it's funny coming from me but we don't need to keep going on about the same dumb poo poo we've all been bitching about for years (including me)

Kill ships in space tia

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

scandoslav posted:

is zepherine also angelique i can't keep track

Zephyrine = Angelique = Catberry = possibly this AutisticAwl account too

hth

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Why bother to cultivate meaningful human connections with insane retards who hate you?

Ok so you actually want me to explain further, Jesus Christ.

Generally, calling people insane retards is one of the many ways of making them hate you. To use Eve (and this thread) as an example, when a former member of the Alliance voices a gripe they had personally experienced, it is wrong to call them a bitter ex and dismiss their input because they left. This is called Gaslighting and is is a way of deflecting the blame of one's (or one's organization's) actions onto the people who bring it up.

In most cases, if someone cares about a flaw enough to talk about it, you should take a moment and try to look at it from their perspective. Try to put yourself in their shoes and consider their experiences. While often people are coloured by their own biases, you should still make a genuine effort to acknowledge their concerns in such a way that you'll be able to make a positive change in your life.

If, for example, someone were to take issue with the response to a genuine question regarding the disappearance of money from a corporation wallet, and your first instinct is to jump on them and call them a crazy paranoid idiot who is out to make you look bad, you should consider why that is your knee-jerk reaction and perhaps if you have some vulnerability issues that make you want to leap to the defense of your friends and discredit the offender with name calling and insults.

We need to consider every potential concern people have with a critical eye and use it as an opportunity to improve. We do not grow as people, or as organizations, if we only accept positive remarks on our conduct. We have an obligation to those around us to try to be the best we possibly can, and even if we make a mistake, a genuine attempt to improve in the future is often worth more than simply being "good."

This is getting long-winded but I can continue if you want.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
the direkkktorate are gaslighting us

that's a new one

also I am laughing a lot that the isk that was totally stolen from hole squad was from angelique. talk about a long-con revenge.

"100 billion isk, for the spergiest!" *throws gold apple*

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
ok please stop

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 26 hours!)

No no never stop posting

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

Don't stop posting but please start posting good instead of bad.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

I make only good posts.

It is the thread that turns them bad.

Spam Musubi
Jan 17, 2018

Cheap, Affordable, and Tasty!
Wrap me in rice like you would with your mother.
Your daily dose of bad posting and autism here, what the gently caress happened to Moon mining? Is it easier now to become instantly wealthy? And reactions are now also easier. So I wasted billions on POSes back then for nothing???

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

Moon mining is done by shooting a laser at a moon now, but now you need a citadel for every moon and they run ~1 bil per Athanor and ~7-8 bil for a Tatara, these are also where you do reactions now, which are just done through basically the same UI as any other industry thing instead of having to fiddle around with POS management UI which was bad and garbage.

It's probably easier to become super wealthy? Moon mining now creates essentially an asteroid belt and you have to mine the moon goo yourself instead of it just being sucked up by the POS, so I mean, if you have a Rorq it probably owns?

Spam Musubi
Jan 17, 2018

Cheap, Affordable, and Tasty!
Wrap me in rice like you would with your mother.

Xenothral posted:

Moon mining is done by shooting a laser at a moon now, but now you need a citadel for every moon and they run ~1 bil per Athanor and ~7-8 bil for a Tatara, these are also where you do reactions now, which are just done through basically the same UI as any other industry thing instead of having to fiddle around with POS management UI which was bad and garbage.

It's probably easier to become super wealthy? Moon mining now creates essentially an asteroid belt and you have to mine the moon goo yourself instead of it just being sucked up by the POS, so I mean, if you have a Rorq it probably owns?

In Horde, you can’t use rorqs until you join the cap group. And that takes a while.

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

it's been two months, we just wanna blops mans with our space friends, and the directors of Whole Squid [AMGAY]™ have moved on.

let it go; it is only pixels. getting bent out of shape over anything involving dod is a one-way street to sadness. be well, friends.

instead, let's hear more about rutibex's space adventures, please! :kimchi:

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Dr. Pangloss posted:

lol at integrated drones and the AB and the Spike (with blasters) and...

Sad as it is to say, the Proteus is not a good ship for this anymore. The Proteus was (is?) my favorite ship in Eve, but it's in a pretty crappy place right now. That said, if it's the only T3 you can fly and you just want to fly a T3, definitely take it out as there are few things more glorious than uncloaking 2,500 meters off some dude and vaporizing them with Void. You'll just have a hard time moving quickly enough to grab someone in this ship.

100% forgot about the Spike, I refit it from rails to blasters.

The drones I picked up off some dead guy we fragged.

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

Jazzzzz posted:

Zephyrine = Angelique = Catberry = possibly this AutisticAwl account too

hth

it does, actually. gently caress paying attention.

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

Foehammer007 posted:

Kill ships in space tia

:getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

I keep wanting to build Neutron facefuckers, but apparently the drone subsystem applies DPS better. Seems less satisfying, somehow. :(

• Locked thread